Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inter is not a good playing big games

Fav. Player
    Stankovic

Inter is not a good playing big games

Loosing against Milan is certanly not a shamefull result because they are a great team. But what is shamefull is the fact that Inter have developed trend of loosing big games. Last season Inter could have wan the title with home win against Roma and have been defeated 3-1.

Champios League is even bigger evidence of Inter being bad on the big stage. We have lost our last 3 Champions League elimination games.
    This season it was Liverpool 0-3.
    Last season it was Valencia 2-2 (away goal).
    Previous season it was Villarreal 2-2 (again on away goal).

Conclusion is evident. Inter is never at its best when it really counts. We are going to beat Siena next weekend and we will all be happy, but problems remain.
    Last edited by Doctor; 04 May 08 at 18:52. Reason: Inter is not good playing big games

Fav. Player
    Luis Figo , Luc

Romania

yeah this problem will be solved when Mancini will leave us and "The Special One" will arrive:>
    “I can do everything through HIM who gives me strenght” Philippans III

3. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    Milito

Hong Kong

81 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I have the exact same thought after our loss today. It's hard to win in Europe if we can't fix it soon. It also reminds me of Cuper who actually managed to draw every big game when he was here (which wasn't good either, but at least better than we are doing now, especially given his squad that was composed with the likes of Gresko)

I like Mancini for the fact that he is the only coach that actually brought us Serie A titles in recent years. But looking at his tactic today and in other big games, I don't see how he can bring us to a higher level. I've been the more stubborn type of fan, but I guess I will join the sack-Mancini camp...whether I'm pro-Mourihno is another question though

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

No disrespect, but this is nothing new, and it is discussed in almost every thread.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Moratti, Mourin

Bahrain

It's the mentality of this club.

The president, the coach, the players and the fans are used to losing so it's not bothering them at all.

By the way, most Italian Interista are backing Mancini just like the owners and the directors so you people must be prepared for more defeats this season and next season.
    "Inter has always been a crazy team, they lose when they need to win and vice versa. It's in their DNA...".

Sandro Mazzola

"Why haven't I kissed the Inter shirt yet? For one reason only: first I have to win and earn the faith of all those who support me in this adventure."

Samuel Eto'o

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    F*cking ingrates

If you want to win big games only so you can boast Inter off, go support Juve/Roma/Milan since they seem to win all big games.

Who the f*ck cares if we win big league games or not if we are the f*cking champions?

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    F*cking ingrates

If you want to win big games only so you can boast Inter off, go support Juve/Roma/Milan since they seem to win all big games.

Who the f*ck cares if we win big league games or not if we are the f*cking champions?

Awwwwww, much han. Id put it in my sig if I had enough room.

9. Thanks (1): Devious

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

I agree that Mancini doesnt take enough risks in big games and often depends on a stingy defence to get results but Mancini is only half the probelm. When a player of Viera experience messess up and gives the ball away near his own box or when Materazzi holds down a player when hes on a yellow then even mourinho, Rafa, ect would lose big games. My point is the club doesnt have enough big game players. Inter has great players but not enough winners. Every Great team must have a few of them. Within the Squad their isnt enough players who are brave or confident enough to take the game into their own hands if need be. Today no player was willing to do that besides Cruz,Maicon,Chivu.
    Last edited by Joss; 05 May 08 at 01:46.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    F*cking ingrates

Since we also want Inter to be a powerhouse of Europe like Milan, Barca, ManU, Liverpool, Real etc. All of those haven't been doing great lately at CL, but they are recognized as a big clubs in Europe, because they've been winning there constantly in last 10 years. Inter has won nothing in CL and ONCE has been in quarterfinal, just once.

To me the Scudetto is also the most important, but we've had this luxury already, we want more. We don't want to be just the national champion who always ****s up in big stages. I don't say the CL VICTORY is necessary as it's very hard to win even with a very, very good squad. But quarterfinal and final spots must be taken (if not victories) to be recognized as a big club all over the Europe and in the world also.

And of course it's more fun to win in big games, show that you're better than the other very good team, you're the best at the moment. Inter has won Milan quite some time before yesterday, but yesterday would have been a very good time to beat them, even if the loss doesn't ruin the championship like on other occasions it would have, when Inter have won.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Since we also want Inter to be a powerhouse of Europe like Milan, Barca, ManU, Liverpool, Real etc. All of those haven't been doing great lately at CL, but they are recognized as a big clubs in Europe, because they've been winning there constantly in last 10 years. Inter has won nothing in CL and ONCE has been in quarterfinal, just once.

To me the Scudetto is also the most important, but we've had this luxury already, we want more. We don't want to be just the national champion who always ****s up in big stages. I don't say the CL VICTORY is necessary as it's very hard to win even with a very, very good squad. But quarterfinal and final spots must be taken (if not victories) to be recognized as a big club all over the Europe and in the world also.
    I completely agree that we're constantly choking up in Europe. But, as we've discovered ourselves, domestic & continental competition form is almost completely unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    And of course it's more fun to win in big games, show that you're better than the other very good team, you're the best at the moment. Inter has won Milan quite some time before yesterday, but yesterday would have been a very good time to beat them, even if the loss doesn't ruin the championship like on other occasions it would have, when Inter have won.
    Man, what is 'fun'? Is it winning 3-2 against Milan and 2-1 against Inter but not challenging the Scudetto because you lose to Udinese, Palermo and Siena? We can't win all 38 matches in the season.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Man, what is 'fun'? Is it winning 3-2 against Milan and 2-1 against Inter but not challenging the Scudetto because you lose to Udinese, Palermo and Siena? We can't win all 38 matches in the season.
    Winning makes you better. Winning teaches you to win more. Winning in big games helps you to win big games later.

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

why can't we have a team that wins consistently not only against small teams, but especially big teams

why can't we celebrate a scudetto and get to berate our rivals?

why can't we rip those faggotry teams like villareal, valencia and liverpool by playing attractive, attacking football instead of defensive, lifeless games?

is it too much to ask? is it?
    http://i47.tinypic.com/106hq42.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Boys San Interista View Post
    Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    he was one win away from a treble, so i wouldn't argue with his testicle oriented man-management techniques

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudq View Post
    why can't we have a team that wins consistently not only against small teams, but especially big teams

why can't we rip those faggotry teams like villareal, valencia and liverpool by playing attractive, attacking football instead of defensive, lifeless games?

Pretty football doesnt guarantee results. Roma, Barcelona, Arsenal.

We will celebrate the Scudetto and we might get into the Coppa final.

We dont need to rip teams, we just need to win, even if its ugly, its the points and the result that matter.

and yea, Welcome to calcio and welcome to the club that invented catenaccio and has had all its sucess in the past from it.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudq View Post

The only way that would be possible is too not jsut win all 38 games in a season, but to win all of them playing well.

Sadly with all the injuries and because of the natural way of life, everthing that goes up most come down. We cant always play that well, such is life. Consistency overall is what counts.

This year juve won every big game they were in, however we only won a couple. Who would you rather be?

Fav. Player
    Materazzi, Stan

Australia

F*cking ingrates

Apparently you do give a shit, by preffering Mourinho the prick over our 'f*cking champion' winning coach
    you f*cking ingrate
    hal says:
    but u should see the curves ive formed on the stomach i love touching myslef
    hal says:
    there i said it.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    and yea, Welcome to calcio and welcome to the club that invented catenaccio and has had all its sucess in the past from it.
    We didn't invent this "catenaccio". Our playing system was nice to watch when we were on the counter. We attacked with 7 players. If you see teams attacking with more than 4 players you'd say they are offensive. Calling sitting back and kicking the ball catenaccio is a disgrace to Herrera, Inter, Italy and football. And we all know who started calling it like that

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    winning the big games agaisnt the strong teams etc, roma,juve,milan give u great satisfaction when u celebrate the scudetto but still i rather have a scudetto then none

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

Do we have to settle for just one?

I rather want to win the league, and I can accept losing to Milan, juBe and CL teams if we were beaten by a better team. I have a serious problem with the fact that Mancini always makes major changes to the usual line-up when facing big teams. They say "face every opponent with the same state of mind". This is true, but we don't. Whenever a team with a scary name pops up to play us, our coach completely crumbles and he changes everything. The team is forced to play with an unknown akward style that differs from 95% of our games. No wonder we lose.

There is no choice of winning the league or win the big matches. I feel that this is avoiding the problem. We show great parts of our potential by winning the league, why can't we use it vs juBe, Milan and others?
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

Roberto F-in Mancini
    ONLY ONE THING IS IMPORTANT--->
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908

22. Thanks (2): Devious, dynasty27

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuko View Post
    We didn't invent this "catenaccio". Our playing system was nice to watch when we were on the counter. We attacked with 7 players. If you see teams attacking with more than 4 players you'd say they are offensive. Calling sitting back and kicking the ball catenaccio is a disgrace to Herrera, Inter, Italy and football. And we all know who started calling it like that
    Ok cut the crap, tell me, Do we have 7 offensively capable players in our squad?

We are built to play defensively and the ONLY reason we are playing poorly is because there isnt any motivation. When we went 2-0 down, suddenly the very same players got motivated and we played well and came close to a very undeserved draw.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.