View Poll Results: When do you want to have the 'Oscars'?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Now

2 13.33%
  • At the end of the year

12 80.00%
  • Next mid-year

1 6.67%
  • Others (Please Specify)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F.I. Oscars

F.I. Oscars

OK. I hope the Moderators and Administrators don't mind me doing this, but after reading 'The importance of Writing Style,' thread I decided it would be really cool to have awards handed out to the best posters. Of course there wouldn't actually be any prizes or anything, except the knowledge that you were one of the best posters on the board.

I was thinking there should be a panel of judges made up of members who don't post as regularly as others and members who wouldn't consider themselves to be award winners. I nominate myself to be on this panel of judges. Preferabley there will be 3 or 5 judges and the decisions should be made on MSN, not on the forum. The only posts that will be made regarding the awards will be the nominations for each category and then the results.

Anyway, these were the category's that I had in mind:

1. Most knowledgeable poster.

2. Most entertaining poster.

3. Fairest/most reasonable poster.

4. Best newcomer.

5. Overral best poster.

Of course there may be other categories that people would like to suggest and that would be good. It would perhaps be best if the awards were made at the end of every year.

Anyway, I hope people like the idea, but if the Admins think that it may cause disharmony in this wonderful forum and that it's not such a good idea then that's also fine.

Thanks,

Giorgio
    Lo Scudetto will return.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Hmm, I would prefer this kind of 'award shows' to be done at the end of the year. The last one that we did was on November/December of 2003. But it's up to you guys to decide. I have made a poll so please vote.

Handyo

OK Handoyo, that's fine.

I did actually suggest that in my post and said that we could just begin making the nominations now. Either way is good.

How did you make the decisions last time?
    Lo Scudetto will return.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Where is the Massimo Coolest award?

Or the Sanoo award?

Actually, we can have the alternative awards. The more serious categories can be reserved for our annual year-end 'Best Of' threads. We could suggest less serious categories for one now.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Good idea Tim. Everyone can suggest categories that they think I excluded, they were just suggestions.

The reason I did this now was mainly because I was unaware that you had an annual award ceremony every year anyway.

How did you guys work it in the past?
    Lo Scudetto will return.

"who's a$$ would you like to kick?!" - sounds like a good category to me...

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Miki
    Or the Sanoo award?
    whats a Sanoo?
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

We could have categories like

a) Funniest poster
    b) Funniest post
    c) Most cheerful poster
    d) Most friendly poster
    e) Coolest poster
    f) Most awesome picture (of themselves)
    g) Most aggressively defensive poster
    h) Most calm poster
    i) Your favorite poster

If you guys are okay with the idea, we could easily create a seperate temporary forum for the voting, and create individual polls/threads for each category. I think it's going to be fun.

Shaun - sanoo means very cool.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Jimmy
    Yes.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconeri
    "who's a$$ would you like to kick?!" - sounds like a good category to me...

Indonesia

I propose that we create a temporary forum at the beginning of December. We will then discuss of all the possible categories for the first 1-2 weeks of that month. A separate thread will be opened for each categories and polls will be added in each thread. This is as to ease the process of tallying the votes. Voting will only begin after all the categories has been settled and will be closed before the new year.

What do you think?

Handyo

Yes, it sounds good.

Are we going to have two award ceremonies, fun and formal??Or are they all going to be together?
    Lo Scudetto will return.

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgio
    Yes, it sounds good.

Are we going to have two award ceremonies, fun and formal??Or are they all going to be together?
    Juice 'em up like mixed fruits.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

Jimmy & i demand that we hold the alternative Oscars now!!

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Quote Originally Posted by Miki
    Jimmy & i demand that we hold the alternative Oscars now!!

Ciao,
    Tim
    YEAH!!!!!!!

I agree, do them now and save the serious one until the end of the year!!
    Lo Scudetto will return.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I thought I would revive this thread as it sounds like a great idea!

Fabio

Yessssssssssssssss 1700 posts!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Indonesia

Since there are only 2 1/2 months before the new year of 2005, I feel that we should start some concrete planning for the Oscars. This are some points of my plan. Please state whether you agree or disagree with each points.
    • 1) There will be a new forum opened specially for the award. This forum will be open during the whole month of November and December. Why those months, you ask? I will explain it in the later part of my post.
      2) During the whole November, we will discuss about the category of awards, for both formal and informal. The management themselves will select which category will be up for grabs during the award itself. We will look upon your views on each category before picking them. A special 'Sticky' thread will be opened in order to keep track of the selected categories.
      3) December will be the time to vote. To be more specific, it starts at 00:00 1 December and ends at 31 December.
      4) Method of voting: There are several methods that we can use. The simplest is of course to use the polls which this forum is equipped with. But I feel that this will limit the choices and will not give enough credit to very good nominates who lost to an outstanding nominate. So, I propose a polling system whereby members are allowed to make a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice with a point system of 3, 2, 1 respectively. Another method would be like Giorgio's first post, which is to have a panel of judges who will decide the eventual winners. I am skeptical with this method though since it will take too long to decide the winner for so many awards.
      5) The forum will be put on an invisible mode from the normal members in the month of January, preferrably 2 weeks after the poll is finished.

Those are some rough ideas from me. Of course it could be polished by some suggestions by you guys. Please give out your input!

Handyo

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Great ideas, Han. I just came to the forum to make a post requesting that we seriously start thinking ahead to the awards and i'm simply delighted that you did it for me. These kind of things will spark new interest into the forum and it's always so much fun.

I'm really looking forward to this.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I was actually thinking about proposing the same thing but Giorgio beat me it to it. I agree with Han that it should be held at the end of the year since that's the best time. The one held at IF last year was really fun.

I noticed from last year that posts are on a year-low around December. A lot of people are on holiday or busy with exams and stuff. I suggest we hold the vote from late november to mid December and the results could be posted at the end of December or beginning of Janurary. I also suggest we hold the gala at a nice opera house in Vienna with Forza-Inter.com sponsoring the event and covering all the costs!

Indonesia

Good point Hamed. I, myself, am gonna be away for the whole month of November because I will be away in Indonesia, where I would get limited Internet access. So how bout if:

Time to discuss the awards: mid-November until mid-December
    Time to vote: mid-December until mid-January

About the last sentence of your suggestion, be sure to check your mailbox regularly. Forza-Inter.com's sugardaddy has sent each and everyone of you an invitation to his private jetS in order to transport you to the gala itself which location's shall be kept as a secret in order to avoid media frenzy.

Handyo