Thread: The Apple vs. Windows Thread

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Netherlands

The Apple vs. Windows Thread

Guys,

Today I bought a new Apple Macbook. I saw a lot of tutorial movies and visited websites and such and I think I made a good choice. The new Leopard operating system seems great just like all the software like Iphoto, Itunes, Garageband etcetera.

I really think Apple is way better than Windows. Who owns an Apple computer here? And what do you people think about Apple and Windows?
    Serie A: Campioni
    Coppa Italia: Campioni
    Champions League: Campioni

Inter e' Emozioni!

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Apple is by far better than Windows, period.

I don't own the Apple system, but non of my friends ever rated Windows over Apple. I tried Windows Vista once, and I got rid of it in the very next day.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Well I bought a laptop last December and I got a Windows XP. Why is Apple better than Windows btw, can you elaborate?

I only had little experience with Apple when I had to use Apple computers for a class. The main problem I have with it is that it doesn't maximize properly and you have to do it manually. I think I had problems with highlighting words. Well, maybe it's an issue that only occurs because I am not used to Apple.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan View Post
    Apple is by far better than Windows, period.

I don't own the Apple system, but non of my friends ever rated Windows over Apple. I tried Windows Vista once, and I got rid of it in the very next day.
    On which system did you use Vista. Vista needs extensive hardware. If you have the right hardware vista is great if not it's a pain in the ass.

On apple vs Windows. Windows is the better system imho. But this is mostly speaking from a pc gamers perspective. Windows plays game while apple doesn't. Yeah there are ways to get games to work on apple computers but no games are officially supported and it requires much more of an effort to get them to work than under xp or vista.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    On which system did you use Vista. Vista needs extensive hardware. If you have the right hardware vista is great if not it's a pain in the ass.

On apple vs Windows. Windows is the better system imho. But this is mostly speaking from a pc gamers perspective. Windows plays game while apple doesn't. Yeah there are ways to get games to work on apple computers but no games are officially supported and it requires much more of an effort to get them to work than under xp or vista.
    This is exactly why I can't replace Windows, the games.

I mostly play strategy games (networking). I got used to C&C Generals and has been playing it for years on 5-6 computers, and Vista only supports new games (never found any good new strategy games).
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan View Post
    This is exactly why I can't replace Windows, the games.

I mostly play strategy games (networking). I got used to C&C Generals and has been playing it for years on 5-6 computers, and Vista only supports new games (never found any good new strategy games).
    Most of my old games work. Only game from xp which doesn't work on vista for me is sacred 2.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com