Results 12,861 to 12,880 of 13026

Thread: Josť "The Special One" Mourinho

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

87 Most Stubborn Poster
    Zidane in 3 years better than Mourinho and Guardiola together for 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Google and Youtube are some next level shit though. That's like air at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

2. Thanks (3): Linege, MVD, phonk

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Zidane in 3 years better than Mourinho and Guardiola together for 10 years.
    He's had the highest peak of any coach at the beginning of his career, but let's not jump to any conclusions he's some extraterrestrial coaching talent just yet. He'll need to do wonders at his next club as well and then he can be in contention to top those two.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

4. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Batman, MVD, Wings

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Meh before Zidane and Pep show they can do it with a inter/porto sized club they are not better in my books.

I mean look at pep when did he ever face a real challenge? He always got the best team in the league and one of the top favourites to win CL and then when he takes over he usually spends like 100+ mio per season!! For zidan it s very similar i mean he took over a great fucking RM team, yes his achievements in his time at RM are fucken amazing but in my books he s only proven that his great at managing a group of big egos and keeping everyone happy, i m not sold on his tactical abilities just yet.
    Just to make things clear i m not denying that they are both very good coaches since both of them took over great teams and made them even better. Yet before calling them the greatest i would love to see what they can/would do with a limited budget and a weaker team.

I mean i m not sure whats more impressive what these two guys did or what a mou/simeone/klopp did over the years.

Let me end it with a F1 comparission I would be way more impressed if a guy in a Torro rosso/Renault/Maclaren (Inter/ATM/Porto/Pool) wins the WC (CL) than when one wins it in a Ferarri/Mercedes (barca/Real/Bayern).
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

6. Thanks (2): Anne Marie, eduzee

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    People shitting on Pep need to stop. When he came to EPL, everybody was saying he'd fail because "tiki-taka won't work in EPL". Trophyless first season added to the chorus. Now that they totally dominated last season, now it's about money? Everybody in EPL is spending money.

And Pep isn't out of the woods yet either in EPL. His dominating season is not much different than Conte's. Conte proved to be a flash in the pan (not even 4th place the next season after dominating the season before). So verdict is technically still out, but I am confident he will rip this year too. He's gone in a created different squads with different talents in different countries and totally dominated.

Zidane's achievement is amazing and will go down in history. He's obviously not a great manager yet. Sample size is too small and he didn't build that RM team either. I do think he doesn't get a fair shake for his tactical nous. He'll have time to prove that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

ďThere is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.Ē

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

I agree. Although Pep has always been coaching big and rich clubs, but his football is indeed brilliant and unique. And you can easily recognize his style of play.
    Forza Inter

9. Thanks (2): eduzee, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    Zidane's achievement is amazing and will go down in history. He's obviously not a great manager yet. Sample size is too small and he didn't build that RM team either. I do think he doesn't get a fair shake for his tactical nous. He'll have time to prove that...
    The only one to win 3 Champions League titles in a row - not a great manager yet. (because reasons)

Ukraine

I think Zidane is a living legend. He was a dope player and made a spectacular job in Real Madrid. Three Champions League in a row...this is insane.

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

Roberto Di Matteo has won CL with Chelsea before a few years ago, does that mean he is a great manager as well?

What Zidane achieved is incredible but I still don't think he is on level with the best managers of the game. I have always thought he was in the right timing there. Everyone needs a bit of luck so Real Madrid was also lucky in many occasions like we have been in 2010 against Dinamo Kyiv.

Ukraine

I agree that Zidane's coaching abilities are obviously questionable. Interesting to see how and where he will deliver in the future.

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    Roberto Di Matteo has won CL with Chelsea before a few years ago, does that mean he is a great manager as well?

What Zidane achieved is incredible but I still don't think he is on level with the best managers of the game. I have always thought he was in the right timing there. Everyone needs a bit of luck so Real Madrid was also lucky in many occasions like we have been in 2010 against Dinamo Kyiv.
    Roberto di Matteo didn't win any league titles.

in 2.5 seasons at Madrid.
    In the half season - Zidane's team won most points than any team in the league and then won CL.
    In his first full season - He won La Liga and CL
    In his thrid season - He won CL.

So his team did poorly in league only in his third season. In the first 1.5 seasons, his team got more points than any. That itself shows it wasn't just luck, his team was consistent and he had clear ideas.

He left at the right time though, you can't keep the motivation levels very high all the time, especially when you win 4 CL titles in 5 years and the squad was same without any major incoming transfers.

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

Of course stats will speak on Zidane's side all the time. Though I never underrated his success with Real Madrid as I already said what he has done for this short period of time is very special, but its not like he proved that he's also a special manager. I think he was in the right time and right place there meanwhile most of the players on his team were hungry to break the limits and achieve something which other team hasn't achieved.

Zidane was liked by the players and he played the safe cards, and that has worked pretty well for him. Of course I never meant his success is based of luck.

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    Roberto di Matteo didn't win any league titles.

in 2.5 seasons at Madrid.
    In the half season - Zidane's team won most points than any team in the league and then won CL.
    In his first full season - He won La Liga and CL
    In his thrid season - He won CL.

So his team did poorly in league only in his third season. In the first 1.5 seasons, his team got more points than any. That itself shows it wasn't just luck, his team was consistent and he had clear ideas.
    I think Zidane is one of the best managers too. But winning LaLiga with Barca/Real isnt a spectacular achievement. For Real it means the same as winning Barca and vice versa lol.

It is much harder to win PL with Chelsea.

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    I think Zidane is one of the best managers too. But winning LaLiga with Barca/Real isnt a spectacular achievement. For Real it means the same as winning Barca and vice versa lol.

It is much harder to win PL with Chelsea.
    In last 10 years Madrid probably won only 2 la liga. It's very difficult to win as Barca are super consistent.

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ₩Ä$£Ä•

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Armes View Post
    The only one to win 3 Champions League titles in a row - not a great manager yet. (because reasons)

I get what you're saying, but a plank of wood managing that RM side would've won trophies.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

ďI donít think the formation model counts, itís all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I4E View Post
    I get what you're saying, but a plank of wood managing that RM side would've won trophies.
    Definitely disagree. That Real Madrid side was great, but so were other teams in Europe.

There is no doubt that Zidane has probably been one of the best coaches in Europe in just 3-4 short years. But when it comes to hall of fame / all time status, he needs to prove his consistency first. Hypothetically, if he finish with 0 trophies for the rest of his coaching career, then his legacy will be questioned.

But as of this moment, you can't question his credential. There are so many great football sides in Europe over the past 3 decades, arguably even better than Zidane's Real side, but none of them won 2 CLs in a row let alone 3.

22. Thanks (1): I4E

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    In last 10 years Madrid probably won only 2 la liga. It's very difficult to win as Barca are super consistent.
    Yes but the previous two were Real's. Basically being Real coach you get a chance of ~40% winning La Liga already. Not too difficult if you ask me.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    I mean they've lost one big player from that side and are now shit, 90 minutes of their longest goal scoring drought ever and nothing up front
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ₩Ä$£Ä•

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Definitely disagree. That Real Madrid side was great, but so were other teams in Europe.

There is no doubt that Zidane has probably been one of the best coaches in Europe in just 3-4 short years. But when it comes to hall of fame / all time status, he needs to prove his consistency first. Hypothetically, if he finish with 0 trophies for the rest of his coaching career, then his legacy will be questioned.

But as of this moment, you can't question his credential. There are so many great football sides in Europe over the past 3 decades, arguably even better than Zidane's Real side, but none of them won 2 CLs in a row let alone 3.
    You have a point Han, but I don't think in those years there were other sides that could match RM and call them 'great' at RM's level. Juve being Italy's best were embarrassed by them (good), Barca is Barca of course (and they can easily touch RM), Bayern Munich had fallen away, PSG are pretenders that don't have CL DNA and forget about the EPL teams.

Ronaldo was a massive loss.

I'd like to see if ZZ could construct a team.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

ďI donít think the formation model counts, itís all about the principles and the attitude" - Stefano Pioli

Fav. Player
    ₩Ä$£Ä•

Macedonia

6 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    I mean they've lost one big player from that side and are now shit, 90 minutes of their longest goal scoring drought ever and nothing up front
    Well that's just it Scotty, that's a huge loss. I'm willing to bet any money ZZ didn't want to continue with RM due to his departure.
    INTERISTA 4 EVER

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

I'd like to see if ZZ could construct a team.
    Well wasn't one of the main reasons he left the strain with Perez because he wanted to sell Bale and fund Salah (or Hazard), but Perez declined? Anyway, I think we've gone enough off topic on Jose's thread. Funny enough it was Jose who pushed for him to have some sort of real club activity, can't remember what exactly, when Jose was Madrid's coach, and now Zidane is being heavily linked with Jose's job

29. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya