Page 659 of 678 FirstFirst ... 159559609649656657658659660661662669 ... LastLast
Results 13,161 to 13,180 of 13560

Thread: José "The Special One" Mourinho

Fav. Player
    Il Fenomeno

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by I4E View Post
    IF Mourinho returns, surely won't accept 90% of the current squad. Googly eye Marotta will have to pull a rabbit outta his ass to get Mou AND players he wants.
    Quaresma, Lampard.....
    Nel bene e nel male, forza Internazionale!!

#IcardiOut

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    IF Mourinho returns, surely won't accept 90% of the current squad.
    Good.

to get Mou AND players he wants.
    Not good.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, č la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

3. Thanks (1): ElDuccio

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDuccio View Post
    Quaresma, Lampard.....
    Felaini
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

5. Thanks (2): ElDuccio, n4l

Fav. Player
    Maicon

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Players i think he would like to have for sure are Skriniar, De Vrij, D'Ambo, Brozovic, Perisic, Icardi, Lautaro, Vrsalicko/9golan IF fit. Can be ok with Keita as we don't have any player like this, same with Karamoh.
    I'm not sure about Vecino, cause we all know Vecino is the Serie-A-Poor-Man-Fellaini, and Mourinho loves Fellaini, so nightmare can go on if we get M-

7. Thanks (2): CafeCordoba, Dylan

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    He had some stupid ideas first time also (Mancini, Quaresma, Lampard, Terry, etc).

I have a feeling that sometime he wants certain players only coz that powerful agent is involved.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

9. Thanks (2): ADRossi, InterFCAustin

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Let's say Mourinho was to return to Inter at the beginning of next season. It would mean that Inter would have a clear out and the squad would have to be revamped because there is no way that he would agree to return to Inter and work with the current squad as Spalletti has done.

One of the problems at Manchester United was that he was not backed in terms of the club acquiring the players he wanted (in terms of defenders). I think that led to a great deal of tension at the the club. When he was last here, Moratti delivered in that regard and he would not come if our ability to acquire players continues to be curtailed by FFP or if he has little to no say in player acquisitions. I also know that players he wanted at Manchester United that arrived did not perform to expectations. I am wondering whether that is down to his tactics, man management, or the fact that those players simply were not of the calibre required or all of the above.

One thought I have had regarding Mourinho is that his defensive tactics are better suited to Serie A than they are to the Premier League and Manchester United. I guess what I am asking is that if it were to come together as stated above, do you think he could make a return to Inter or do you think his tactics and man management leave a lot to be desired in today's modern football.

Lastly, I have not forgiven him for the manner in which he left us after the treble. To this day, I do not feel it was very dignified and believe that Inter as a club, our players and the fans deserved better than being dropped in the manner we were for Real Madrid.
    Last edited by Puma; 08 Feb 19 at 03:16.
    #FlyEaglesFly

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Netherlands

I don't trust Mourinho to build a squad. If I remember correctly, many of our key treble signings were not his idea while the likes of Muntari and Quaresma were. If we let Marotta do his thing while hiring Mourinho that's a different story.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Well, to put this into context, it's not strange that a coach would want some of his former teammates on his squad. They are players he trusts and coming into a new environment they may help him and also some of them were not bad players. Mancini was prob not his signing, he wanted wingers and that was one of them.

Qauresma was brought in based on his form at the time and a recommendation from Figo who talked about him being his heir and that he would be great at Inter. Muntari was brought in becaue he wanted someone like Essien who he had at Chelsea, prob was Muntari was terrible. Sneijder was someone who came in and Jose was one of the reasons he did so his track record is not as bad as it seems.

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    At the end of the day, it takes two to tango.

The coach and the director have to share the vision. Coach has to know where to go and what he needs while the director has to understand what the coach wants.

I don't believe when a player is signed just because of the coach or the director.

This is what made Inter 2009-10 was very successful. Mourinho and Oriali and co had good chemistry.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    He knew what type of players we needed though, even if the player didn't always turn out the way he wanted. Like it's obvious we have areas we need to see to first.
    david mcgoldrick

17. Thanks (5): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, Ed., K.I., MVD

Fav. Player
    Doina Turcanu

Tokelau

69 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    He knew what type of players we needed though, even if the player didn't always turn out the way he wanted. Like it's obvious we have areas we need to see to first.
    That's what i meant but it's the director's job to deliver his needs, that doesn't mean to give the names that are mentioned by the coach.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

19. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, firmino, MVD

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    Felaini
    Moyes was the one who spent 40 million on Fellaini, after their time at Everton together

21. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Devious, Il Drago, MVD

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Moyes was the one who spent 40 million on Fellaini, after their time at Everton together
    The worst thing about that transfer is if they had done it the week (or something like that) before they could have just paid his release clause. It was incompetence at the highest level
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

23. Thanks (1): MVD

India

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    The worst thing about that transfer is if they had done it the week (or something like that) before they could have just paid his release clause. It was incompetence at the highest level
    Something we know an awful lot about

25. Thanks (1): Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    What difference does that make? Mourinho continuously selected and played fellaini over other options time and time again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

27. Thanks (1): Javier'sSon

Fav. Player
    Solskjćr

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Yeah, Moyes was the one who signed Fellini but Jose was the one who begged Fellaini to stay when his contract was up last summer. In the end worked well though, instead of leaving on free, we got 10 million for him and he helped in beating Juventus and also scored the goal that sealed qualification to Round of 16.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Moyes said he didn't want Fellaini to be his first transfer, he wanted Fabregas who wasn't regular at Barca but after weeks he decided to stay at Barca. So in the end paid 27 million pounds instead of 23 million which was his release clause. That was a peak meme era.

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player

Belgium

I wonder how he must feel now that Man United are beginning to perform better.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Dude if you get 20M severance package, would you care?

His drinking some fine cognac on his reading chair, with a smile on his face.

32. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    Dude if you get 20M severance package, would you care?

His drinking some fine cognac on his reading chair, with a smile on his face.
    Sure, for us mere mortals we wouldn't care. But if you perform on such a high level.... Before recieving a package of 20m Mou had allready accustomed a large sum of money throughout his career.

There is also pride at stake. Some baby faced rookie manager who completely turns around the situation.... like I said, I wonder what he thinks of it.

34. Thanks (2): MVD, Wobblz