Page 636 of 636 FirstFirst ... 136536586626633634635636
Results 12,701 to 12,717 of 12717

Thread: José "The Special One" Mourinho

Russian Federation

intense

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    Spot on once again (from last week)

Mourinho hit back at his critics on Friday, however, and compared Sevilla’s recent record in European competition with that of United.
    “We went out to a side that’s more successful than Manchester United in last seven years in Europe,” he said. “We went out to a side that has a huge tradition in knockout competitions, a side in the Spanish Cup final.
    “We are out to a team that knocked out Atletico Madrid in two legs. We are knocked out to a team that is brilliant in their approach for many years, with their scouting system, the way they invest with every Euro they have.

“They’re a team with a great deal of experience at the highest level, playing every week against Real Madrid, Valencia, Atletico, Barcelona, the best players.”
    Mourinho added: “Do you think they didn’t have any players who could play direct in my team?

“I cannot name them. If I name them their agents will jump with happiness and they will say: ‘Tag, tag, price’, this and that. In Sevilla, there are many players who would play in my team.”
    The United manager then took aim at “people with a lot of ideas”, who he divided into two groups: ‘idealists’ and ‘idiots’.
    “The fans, they read what people write, they listen what people say and the people that write,” he said. “The people that say are people with a lot of ideas and I used to call them idealists or idiots – they can be both.
    “In my dictionary, the dictionary of life, a person with a lot of ideas can be an ideologist or an idiot. The people, they listen to the ideologists and they also listen to the idiots. That’s life.”

3. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

87 Most Stubborn Poster
    Agreed, people are retarded. How can you expect a team to go from Europe League to Champions League semi-finals in one year? Just because of their club name and their quantity of supporters?

English supporters are so lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    I've had hemorrhoids more useful than this piece of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    i fucking love karamoah.
    He reminds me of my little cousin who is fucking retarded

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Agreed, people are retarded. How can you expect a team to go from Europe League to Champions League semi-finals in one year? Just because of their club name and their quantity of supporters?

English supporters are so lost.
    Excuses are growing every week.

Atletico Madrid - Europa league winners 2011-12, Europa league 2012-13 round of 32 exit.
    2013-14: CL finals, La Liga winners spending almost close to fuck all and losing their best player.

Leicester City: No CL experience - 2016-17 Champions league QFs beating Sevilla in round of 16.

Monaco: 2015-16 Europa league group stage exit. 2016-17: CL semi finals.

Dortmund - Bottom of the group in 2011-12, 2012-13 CL runners up.

Liverpool - Europa league finals 2 season ago, no European football last season, this season they are in QFs of CL.

Roma- last season out in qualifiers, exit in round of 16 in Europa league. QFs of CL this season.

Wolfsburg - QF of Europa league in 2014-15, they lost KdB, Perisic and then made QF of CL in 2015-16.

Team that out played Jose and ManUtd, team's best CL season is round of 16 till date. Even Moyes had better CL season.

Well list is endless, and none of these teams have spent anywhere near close to what Jose or ManUtd spent in last 2 years.

Jose don't even need to Semi finals of CL, most ManUtd fans know the team's limitation. It's not even the lose to Sevilla, it's his lack of courage to even play or set up team to play. Any decent attack, he sets up team so deep. I wonder when our defense will end up behind De Gea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

7. Thanks (2): MVD, wera

Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

87 Most Stubborn Poster
    All those examples are examples of teams who never expected to go that far. They did better than expected. Sure, you can question why Mourinho who is The Special One couldn't do this.

And then you talk about its not that. Okey. Its about his tactics? Don't blame Jose, blame UTD management. Why did they hire him if they don't like his tactics? Its not like this tactic came from no where? He is clearly famous because of the tactics he use.

As a example look at the failure of Benitez, sure I hated on him for that but it wasn't his fault Inter fucked up, it was management fault. Why hire a coach on that level that wants to spend on players like Sanchez and not letting him to do it? Also, Benitez is a overrated fat fuck.

Tell me a top coach who don't need spending powers. What happend with Shitty last year?
    i fucking love karamoah.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter
    All those examples are examples of teams who never expected to go that far. They did better than expected. Sure, you can question why Mourinho who is The Special One couldn't do this.

And then you talk about its not that. Okey. Its about his tactics? Don't blame Jose, blame UTD management. Why did they hire him if they don't like his tactics?
    So is this like saying don't blame players or coach ever, blame clubs for signing them?

I have said from long time, it's not just about losing as it happens, it's his cowardly tactics. Oh don't tell shouldn't have hired Jose, he is much better than this.

Love how you casually played down other teams saying no one expected them to reach later stages of CL. There are plenty of examples to prove your point wrong. Well the team that Knocked out ManUtd have no CL history and are kings of Europa league.
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

10 years of FIF
    If sevilla has so many good players then why did he not just buy them? The whole XI is cheaper than pogba.
    It's peanuts compared to how much MU spends per year and he speaks like agents calling him with figures would be a problem.

13. Thanks (2): monster09, MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Tell me a top coach who don't need spending powers. What happend with Shitty last year?
    Of course top coaches spend money and big money. They also don't shit in their pants when they face decent teams. They set up teams to play football, not just defend and hope for a miracle by one of the top players.

They also take responsibilities for their failures instead of throwing everyone under the bus. They also won't moan about how far team is from good level after spending 300 plus million in 2 years.

Edit: Tbf to Jose, at least he signs good players. So when he leaves, at least next coach will have good players to work with.

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

87 Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    Of course top coaches spend money and big money. They also don't shit in their pants when they face decent teams. They set up teams to play football, not just defend and hope for a miracle by one of the top players.

They also take responsibilities for their failures instead of throwing everyone under the bus. They also won't moan about how far team is from good level after spending 300 plus million in 2 years.

Edit: Tbf to Jose, at least he signs good players. So when he leaves, at least next coach will have good players to work with.
    But they are far from good level?

EDIT at 17:19:

When Mourinho joined Utd:

David de Gea, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly(Mourinho bought), Tuanzebe, Blind, Darmian, Valencia, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Pogba(Mourinho bought), Herrera, Fellaini, Schweinsteiger, Young, Mata, Mkhitaryan(Mourinho bought), Martial, Lingard, Depay, Januzay, Rooney, Ibrahimovic(Mourinho bought), Rashford

First season: 105, 42, 38. Money spent on THREE players.
    Second season: 35, 44.7, 84.7. Money spent on THREE players.

Pogba, Mhiki, Bailly, Lindelöf, Matic, Lukaku. Now rate them for me. I'd say Lindelöf and Mhiki = failures.

Now how much experience do the attacking force have?
    Now how much experience do the defending force have?

EDIT again: Lets see which players I wouldn't add to Inter on the defending part since this is crucial for a team for Mourinho => Smalling, Blind, Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Valencia, Young.
    i fucking love karamoah.

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter
    But they are far from good level?
    Thanks to Jose and his cowardly tactics.

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    Thanks to Jose and his cowardly tactics.

Or they just suck. I assume past performance doesn't mean squat.

Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

87 Most Stubborn Poster
    C'mon Monster09 WAKE UP. If a shit team like inter wants no one of your defenders except Bailly. That must mean something?
    i fucking love karamoah.

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter
    C'mon Monster09 WAKE UP. If a shit team like inter wants no one of your defenders except Bailly. That must mean something?
    So teams wins major trophies = Jose is genius.

Team fails to win = players suck.

The way Jose takes 0 responsibilities is just laughable.

Also doesn't matter what defenders you want, there isn't a single defender apart from VVD ManUtd takes from Liverpool. Their midfield and defence is joke. GKs are clowns, didn't stop Klopp reaching QFs and more importantly set up to dominate games and play great football. His teams are greater than sum of its parts, opposite with Jose.

Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku, Matic, Mata, Martial plays apart from defense and all of them play like they never played with each other. There is 0 cohesion. Not sure how anyone can downplay these players.

Edit: I'm done anyways. I have made my points already and we are just going in circles. Hopefully he will turn it around and find right balance with his selection.

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

87 Most Stubborn Poster
    So teams wins major trophies = Jose is genius.

Team fails to win = players suck.

The way Jose takes 0 responsibilities is just laughable.

Also doesn't matter what defenders you want, there isn't a single defender apart from VVD ManUtd takes from Liverpool. Their midfield and defence is joke. GKs are clowns, didn't stop Klopp reaching QFs and more importantly set up to dominate games and play great football. His teams are greater than sum of its parts, opposite with Jose.

Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku, Matic, Mata, Martial plays apart from defense and all of them play like they never played with each other. There is 0 cohesion. Not sure how anyone can downplay these players.

Edit: I'm done anyways. I have made my points already and we are just going in circles. Hopefully he will turn it around and find right balance with his selection.
    Didn't recall people saying Real Madrid players sucks but whatever makes you sleep better.

I hope Utd do better next season and actually challenges City.
    i fucking love karamoah.

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Mourinho tends (or had a tendency before 2011) to get the best out of players at his disposal.
    Europe's elite hardly craved Lucio, Samuel and Materazzi yet they proved to be great defence. Doesn't mean they were the most amazing defensive force, but they worked flawlessly under him.

He is simply not getting the best out of the squad he has right now. He arguably has weird choices as well and he needs to share some (if not major part) of the responsibility for not getting the results Man Utd expects.

I know City is having a great season but that's not reason to be trailing 16 points so far. Compared (I know, not very comparable) in Italy for example, both Napoli and Juventus have more points with one game less.

Football heritage means little when you're talking about this type of club and this type of investment, especially if you're focusing on last couple of seasons only.

Be honest guys, we all love Mou around here, but he has his shortcomings and is failing to adapt to his environment and players, instead expecting his players and environment to adapt to him.

Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

87 Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post

Be honest guys, we all love Mou around here, but he has his shortcomings and is failing to adapt to his environment and players, instead expecting his players and environment to adapt to him.
    The players and environment should adapt to him!? That's what a coach do? Make the players adapt to his ideas?

What else is the coach supposed to do?
    i fucking love karamoah.

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    The players and environment should adapt to him!? That's what a coach do? Make the players adapt to his ideas?

What else is the coach supposed to do?
    It goes both ways. In his situation, he expects it to go one way.