View Poll Results: Is Lippi's success due to Moggi?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 62.96%
  • No

10 37.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Lippi a great manager or was it all Moggi?

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Is Lippi a great manager or was it all Moggi?

Was he a great manager or was he the man who profited from Moggi's system?
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso,Zanet

This brings forth the point that under Moggi System how much was the system corrupt?

We will never know the whole details.So these are my few assumptions.

Moggi came in 1994 to Jubentus.Usually it happens that Power corrupts people and corrupt people can exploit the system only after they are established for a decent duration of time.So it is more safely to assume that corruption might have happened when Jube become more and more powerful
    during the turn of the century.And hence Moggi system came into place like since the late 90s till the time they got caught than the times of Mid 90's when Gobbis won Scudetto as well as in Europe those times.

Also i feel that if the system was so highly corrupt then people would have got caught a lot earlier than when they actually got caught.Because higher the level of corruption more number of people would be involved and hence higher the chance of getting caught.

So we can safely assume that barring a few matches here and there in the whole season we cannot say that every match Jube played they were rigged.

So these factors make me say that inspite of Moggi System Lippi's coaching credentials should not be undermined.

P.S:Change your Poll options Stefan.Make it like.
    Is Lippi a great Manager or not?

Yes he was a great Manager

No It was all under Moggi.

Because you have voted to yes meaning he is a great Manager which i dont think you have intended.
    Last edited by Ajesh; 06 Jun 08 at 12:56.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Moggi's influence is undeniable.
    But how many games can Lippi win because of that. Surely even without Moggi, Lippi would have won atleast half of those titles, and finished 2-3rd in the other seasons.

Not great, but a very good manager. Can you add another option for that?
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Can't change the poll options since I am not a moderator of this section.

Moggi was very sneaky that's why he was never caught.

No I voted his success is all due to moggi meaning had it not been for moggi he wouldn't have as much meaning he owes his success to moggi.
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Spain

He is nothing and won nothing.

World cup? Parreira also have one.

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

No denying that Moggi had a big role, but I still rate him higher than some of the coaches. I voted Yes due to not having option of voting somewhere middle.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

What he did with the Italian NT team at the world cup, was simply amazing. And last I checked Moggi didnt have anything to do with it.

That alone warrants him a place as a great manager. Probably the best in the world.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    He is a good coach, period.

The world cup was proof of that. Jube had the referees to help them when they needed help..

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Lippi's problem is he doesnt give out quotes to the press to print, that after reading dumb supporters can have orgasms to.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yup, I like that about him. No nonsense guy, doen't seek publicity. Can someone recall any players how have had problems with him, leaving Baggio..
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Gianluca Pagliuca...

1998, the game we lost the league to Lippi's "great" squad, Pagliuca was cursing Lippi because he was delighted to defeat us illegally. Lippi was appointed Inter coach later that summer, and Pagliuca was sent out because of that incident.

Lippi is an arsehole and he tried to destroy our team.

And Moggi could have never get caught, unless those who would turn the whole system in would have something to gain, or nothing to lose. Mediterranean mentality. Things in Greece are even worse, everybody knows, even facts were published, still nothing... So it doesn't matter at all. And Italy is supposed to be more corrupted than Greece.

God praise Facchetti's last big action for Inter in this world

Fav. Player
    Sergio Busquets

Europe

He's not a punk anyway.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by shahz_nerazzurri View Post
    Lippi's problem is he doesnt give out quotes to the press to print, that after reading dumb supporters can have orgasms to.
    Has nothing to do with not giving quotes to the press. Capello doesn't either but I rate him 100 times higher than Lippi since he actually outside those 2 corrupt teams called bbilan and gobbi.

For me club football is the ultimate so I really couldn't care less if Lippi won one wc it doesn't make him a great coach in my eyes.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    For me club football is the ultimate so I really couldn't care less if Lippi won one wc it doesn't make him a great coach in my eyes.
    I strongly agree with most of it.

Just like Stefan I rate club succeses more, but I don't say winning the WC or Euro is not worth anything.

I think in Euro or WC, in such a big games, and a TOURNAMENT, a luck has a major part, just like CL.

If Lippi would win elsewhere, besides JuBe under Moggi, he could be considered one of the greatest by me. But he didn't.

Also, just like Stefan I rate Capello a lot higher. Just to see his carear, how many clubs, and in many of them he had succeses, not just in one.

I think Lippi will take from Ranieri at Juve again, because JuBe will win sh1t next season, we all know that. And THEN, with Moggi free environment, we will have more arguments to talk about.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Why is club football the ultimate? Club football these days is nothing more than a business. Oh I dont have good player on this side, so I will buy a good RW for 40mill euros, which I can afford, cause my country's powerful media can force dumb little kids from all around the world to support me, even though they dont have any connection to me.

Lippi had to do with the squad he had with Italia. He couldnt get Robben, he couldnt get Drogba, He couldnt get Essien to help him win. HE had to do with what he had. He couldnt spend 100mill pounds every season, and then call himself the great one or whatever.

Mourinho didnt win shit at Porto. All of this was a direct result of Pinto de Costa, offering bribes and prostitutes to the refs. Then at Chelsea, he had an open wallet to purchase who ever he liked.
    That doesnt make him a good coach in my eyes. :-P

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

Why is club football the ultimate? Club football these days is nothing more than a business. Oh I dont have good player on this side, so I will buy a good RW for 40mill euros, which I can afford, cause my country's powerful media can force dumb little kids from all around the world to support me, even though they dont have any connection to me.

Lippi had to do with the squad he had with Italia. He couldnt get Robben, he couldnt get Drogba, He couldnt get Essien to help him win. HE had to do with what he had. He couldnt spend 100mill pounds every season, and then call himself the great one or whatever.

Mourinho didnt win shit at Porto. All of this was a direct result of Pinto de Costa, offering bribes and prostitutes to the refs. Then at Chelsea, he had an open wallet to purchase who ever he liked.
    Eggs - Omlets. Ring a bell ?

Just like Jose said, no quality no chance. You can win at times with not best players in the world, but you cannot win all the time, or most of the time. Better players equal better chance.

Also, it's not Joses fault that he is a top manager who was chased by such a rich clubs as Chelsea or Inter is it ?

I agree club succes is in big part, a buisness nowadays, but not every year, the richest club wins in a league, becaue there are in top leagues at least 2, 3 other teams who are from day one a contenders.

And shahz, it's not about being the best in one club. Capello won in many clubs, DIFFERENT LEAGUES, Jose won in many clubs, different leagues, Lippi won in Italy in JuBe and that's it. When he went to Inter he failed miserably. He won WC and that is a big succes for him, and I don't deny it. But like I said before, you don't have to be a big, best coach to win a tournament, because with a help of luck you can still win it, or even go far.
    Last edited by Luka; 08 Jun 08 at 23:52.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

Nothing has come out in detail. Moratti had given an open wallet to Lippi and other Inter coaches but guess what they choked under the pressure including Lippi and what excuse did Lippi give," The shadow of Jube lurked over me." Yeah right you idiot. Mourinho's results both domesticly and in UCL mark him as a great coach.

Money doesn't guarantee success albeit Calciopoli does . It's because of him what Chelsea are at present, and it's because of him that they haven't been beaten at the Bridge in 3 years etc etc.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Mourinho won at chelsea as well so even if you scrap his results at porto his record is still great just like capello won at roma and madrid so we can scrap his results with milan and gobbi and he is still a great manager. The same can't be said for Lippi since he failed miserably at Inter. There's a reason he is hated under Interisti.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Lippi had to do with the squad he had with Italia.
    You missing the fact that team of Italia was one of the best national teams in last decade, compact in defense Nesta(Matrix)-Canavaro, they had genie and world class poacher in attack with Totti-Toni.

Zambrotta was the best fullback in the wold before two years, Pirlo one of the best midelfielers, Buffon the best GK so Lippi didn't have tough job.

He's good manager but he isn't Capello or Ferguson, for me he isn't even better from Mourinho. He had chance with Inter but he chose to buy Vampeta, R.Keane, Cirillo etc. and good managers buying Drogba, Robben and Essien. In Juve he had Moggi to buy for him(players and games) and in Inter...
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Lippi made average players like Grosso and Materazzi work. You need a magician to make these players work.

I have no idea why Capello is a better manager than Lippi? Capello is good for league football, grinding out results against smaller oppositions, so the team wins the league at the end. He is not good for knock out competition, unlike Lippi, who is the master of all trades.

Capello is better b/c he has won with different teams in different leagues??? LOL. So Lippi's fault was not leaving SERIEA? He has won the SERIEA five times, and even if you take away thw two in 98 and 02, he still has three. I am pretty sure not all of them came cause of Moggi?