Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2009

Football Manager 2009

Let's discuss here what new features do you want to see in FM 2009.

I would personally want an improved youth system. The one similar to Total Club Manager. For example getting players at the age of 10-15, possibility to set up football camps around the world.

Any other ideas?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    Let's discuss here what new features do you want to see in FM 2009.

I would personally want an improved youth system. The one similar to Total Club Manager. For example getting players at the age of 10-15, possibility to set up football camps around the world.

Any other ideas?
    Where did the old FMthread go?

Anyway, I agree with you, Mustafa. That has been a feature I've been longing for.

Also, I feel that the affiliated club thing should give more options. F ex that you can help a feeder club to purchase a certain player you'd like to have "under control". Plus perhaps having the oppurtunity to give cash to your feeder club so that it can improve its facilities. I also feel that the game should offer more variation in choice when you've asked for a new feeder club. I have fex never been offered a decent domestic club as feeder club. That annoys me. Plus, if your feeder club promote to the league you're in, you lose that club. Often, the club relegates straight away and never promotes again. There should be a possibility to re-establish the club as a feeder club if the relationship must be broken when a feeder club promotes to your league. Lastly, I have always to wanted to suggest clubs to the board myself, in stead of choosing from their often ludicrous list of alternatives.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Quote Originally Posted by Forza ragazzi View Post
    Where did the old FMthread go?

Anyway, I agree with you, Mustafa. That has been a feature I've been longing for.

Also, I feel that the affiliated club thing should give more options. F ex that you can help a feeder club to purchase a certain player you'd like to have "under control". Plus perhaps having the oppurtunity to give cash to your feeder club so that it can improve its facilities. I also feel that the game should offer more variation in choice when you've asked for a new feeder club. I have fex never been offered a decent domestic club as feeder club. That annoys me. Plus, if your feeder club promote to the league you're in, you lose that club. Often, the club relegates straight away and never promotes again. There should be a possibility to re-establish the club as a feeder club if the relationship must be broken when a feeder club promotes to your league. Lastly, I have always to wanted to suggest clubs to the board myself, in stead of choosing from their often ludicrous list of alternatives.
    The old thread is FM 2008 I think, or it's just general discussion. This thread is about new ideas

Your ideas sound good, especially the possibility to choose a feeder club yourself. Sometimes they offer you clubs which are really crap The good hing hat they have is commercial link with clubs from Japan and USA, even though they can improve it by adding some other countries, for example the ones in the Middle East.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    More pressure on managers, it becomes too easy after some time..

I like the rest of it. All players should be in demand, they should make it difficult to hang on to your players. Its soo easy to get a player and that takes the realistic approach.... I dont want to play a video game, I want the pressure.

When is it coming out btw?

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    More pressure on managers, it becomes too easy after some time..

I like the rest of it. All players should be in demand, they should make it difficult to hang on to your players. Its soo easy to get a player and that takes the realistic approach.... I dont want to play a video game, I want the pressure.

When is it coming out btw?
    No official release date, but probably somewhere in October.

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

here we go, first person to recreate Herrera's Catenaccio Wins

remember! more than 80% of your games must be 1-0 wins! with headlines such as

"Inter wins, but in truth it was a poor match"
    and

"Rearguard action provides basis for victory"
    and maybe opposition managers going:

"I don't appreciate the tactics XX used"
    http://i47.tinypic.com/106hq42.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Boys San Interista View Post
    Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    he was one win away from a treble, so i wouldn't argue with his testicle oriented man-management techniques

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Now you guys made me download fm2008

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    Now you guys made me download fm2008
    It's boring playing 2008 once the season is over. I played it too much

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

A little somethin, from old days. For you out there, that wasn't into gaming at those times, know that those pictures below, back then it was somethin

ps. Wisla is a polish club - Wisla Cracow.
    ps2. Ehhh, those were the times, the drive. Just like Glover used to say in Lethal Weapon series, "I'm too old for this sh1t"
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Greece

10 years of FIF
    The CM3 series were amazing. I'm still playing them from time to time

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

getting 8's, 9's and 10's were way too easy then

im thinking its getting a lot harder to stray from the 6-7's belt but the games still too easy if you know where and how to exploit the game

Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.
    he was one win away from a treble, so i wouldn't argue with his testicle oriented man-management techniques

Quote Originally Posted by cloudq View Post

im thinking its getting a lot harder to stray from the 6-7's belt but the games still too easy if you know where and how to exploit the game
    It's easy to get very young players even in real life, but not all of them become stars. But still getting players under 10 is too much I think.

If you get a 6 year old kid you will need some 12-13 years to play him in the first team. Not many people play that many seasons, so getting kids at the age of 10-13 will be ok.

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

wtf!? i wasnt talking about the player's ages!!!

i was talking about ratings players received after the matches

wtf!? i wasnt talking about the player's ages!!!

i was talking about ratings players received after the matches
    Shit didn't get it.

Greece

10 years of FIF

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

If you always do the same tricks it's easy. That's why I don't always do the same tricks.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

If you always do the same tricks it's easy. That's why I don't always do the same tricks.
    What tricks are you talking about?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    What tricks are you talking about?
    The exploits in the game cloudq talks about.

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

The exploits in the game cloudq talks about.
    its like saying i want to beat the game doing it the hard way

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

its like saying i want to beat the game doing it the hard way
    So we're not trying to beat the game?