Thread: Alberto Zaccheroni

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

Alberto Zaccheroni

http://it.sports.yahoo.com/040824/4/31fd.html

Yahoo Sport quotes Zac saying:

"I was getting my team together with some Inter officials, and somewhere else Mancini was doing the same with Oriali.

On 20 October 2003 (Zac debut was Inter v Roma on 27 October 2003, ndr) I specifically asked Moratti for 3 players: Emerson, Stam and Jankulowski. But at some point I was told that Moratti wasn't sure about the coach for the following year, and he was thinking about it.

It was me who decided to end the relation with Inter.

At this moment, Milan is better than Inter and Juve. The difference between Inter and Milan is in the organisation of the club: Milan never changes the managers, Inter is doing it again. Milan has only one Sporting Director, Inter has two".
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

My comments:

- I don't know if it's true that Mancini was preparing the team with Oriali back in October. If he was, why did Inter give Zac a 2 years contract instead of a 1 year deal? Also, I remember Mancini giving an interview after the January transfers, he was very pissed off about Lazio giving Stankovic away to us, since he was battling with us for a CL spot. He didn't sound like a guy who had a deal with us already...

-Stam and Emerson weren't the easier players to get, Zac didn't ask for transfers that were possible at the time. They gave him Adriano and Stankovic though, they aren't so bad are they?

Inter's managers seem to be doing a good job. Branca was brilliant last season, every time something happened he was there. He told Vieri off a couple of times, making clear that nobody could go against the club's rules.

Oh God I can hear Gismo roaring hehe
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    - I don't know if it's true that Mancini was preparing the team with Oriali back in October. If he was, why did Inter give Zac a 2 years contract instead of a 1 year deal?
    Because they run an inept business. In this way we have to pay more salaries since Zac hasnīt found a club.

-Stam and Emerson weren't the easier players to get, Zac didn't ask for transfers that were possible at the time. They gave him Adriano and Stankovic though, they aren't so bad are they?
    They are all good players. But you see Inter lacked three things in order to complete Zacīs team: Much better wingbacks (Jankulovski), two/three more central defenders (Stam) and a better ballwinner than CZ (Emerson). He got Deki instead of Emerson - OK. He got NO wingbacks and NO central defenders. We then brought home Adriano which turned out clever. Conclusion: Zac never got a real team for his system. And therefore didnīt live up to the expectations. Considering the weak squad he had compared to the fact that it is crucial for him to have the right players in all positions he did an OK job.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

It's not my intention to start a new debate on Zac, I only want to say that asking to byuy players so you can play with your favourite 4-3-3 module is plain DUMB!

Zac had the players to play a great 4-4-2 and he should have done that, instead of playing people in innatural positions. That has been his greatest limit, and the main reason why Inter didn't do well with him.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Jimmy
    Again, it was 3-4-3 and not 4-3-3

His favourite system is 3-4-3, not 4-3-3. Seriously... every coach in a big club asks for big players. How is Zac different?

Also he actually did use 4-4-2 on one occasion. But IMO his greatest limit was the distrust he got from our bad leaders.

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    . But IMO his greatest limit was the distrust he got from our bad leaders.
    or perhaps his greatest strenght was to eliminate us from a C.L qualifying group which we were leading when he took over!
    Noi non siamo gobbi ba$tardi

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Nah, I blame Moratti for the CL exit. He did this wrong: Sacked the coach too late and hired the new coach too late. Then the players disgracefully lost 3-0 in Moscow and collapsed mentally vs. Arsenal. No coach can change a teamīs mentality within the space of weeks. Thatīs unrealistic.

So IMHO Zac should only shoulder little of the blame.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Ooopps, 3-4-3 of course.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Lots of bad luck in last year's CL as well, with Lokomotiv in Milan and the unlucky own-goal by Matrix, and the match in Kiev.

I blame Vieri's huge misses for our CL exit anyway.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    Nah, I blame Moratti for the CL exit. He did this wrong: Sacked the coach too late and hired the new coach too late
    fair enough! as ive been saying since back then - we lost the scudetto and C.L when Cuperman was WRONGLY sacked!

"In un mondo di puttane e oportunisti noi avevamo scelto la migliore; Addio Traditore!"

R.I.P Cipe

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Re: Zac On Leaving Inter

On 20 October 2004 (Zac debut was Inter v Roma on 27 October 2003, ndr) I specifically asked Moratti for 3 players: Emerson, Stam and Jankulowski. But at some point I was told that Moratti wasn't sure about the coach for the following year, and he was thinking about it.
    Zac plans to buy those players in the middle of next season?

Handyo

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    If it was for this season, the starting line up cud have looked great though … hehe

------------------------ toldo --------------------------
    -------- cordoba ---- stam ---- cannavaro -------
    j.zanetti ------------------------------- jankulovski
    ------------ emerson -------- b.emre ---------------
    ---------------------- stankovic ----------------------
    ------------ adriano ---------- recoba/mart ------

But again, lets not forget that Stam was destined to Milan; we all know how eager Emerson was to join Juve. Then, V.Meyde wud have already left Inter sometime back (though that doesn’t make much difference now as well); Helveg’s contract wud had been renewed; and I am more than happy with the current coach and also the team.

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    Zacch:Inter wanted to sell Vieri.

Zaccheroni: "L'Inter ha cercato di vendere Vieri"
    24 08 2004
    Su Vieri, con cui Alberto Zaccheroni non ha avuti un rapporti idilliaci durante le sue esperienza nerazzurra, il mister di Cesenatico ha rivelato: "La societā ha cercato di venderlo questa estate ma non ci č riuscita. Comunque Vieri non č un giocatore finito. Deve soltanato cambiare metodo di allenamanto per ritrovarsi".
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

Quote Originally Posted by Pod
    Zacch:Inter wanted to sell Vieri.

Zaccheroni: "L'Inter ha cercato di vendere Vieri"
    24 08 2004
    Su Vieri, con cui Alberto Zaccheroni non ha avuti un rapporti idilliaci durante le sue esperienza nerazzurra, il mister di Cesenatico ha rivelato: "La societā ha cercato di venderlo questa estate ma non ci č riuscita. Comunque Vieri non č un giocatore finito. Deve soltanato cambiare metodo di allenamanto per ritrovarsi".
    well, its basically saying that Inter wanted to sell Bobo this summer

My persoan opinion : If for decent cash, it would have been a good idea to get rid of him.
    It also says that Bobone is not finsihed yet as a player and therefore can/could be useful to team if used in the right way/formation!

well, I think this is really getting silly now!
    zac is gone, hence he should respect his time with us and shut his BIG mouth!
    Regardless of whether these statments are true or not, he shouldnt talk about all these details in the media. Statments as such will only hurt the club/players!

R.I.P Cipe

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Re: Zac On Leaving Inter

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    Zac plans to buy those players in the middle of next season?

Handyo
    What are you talking about Han
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Read carefully. In my timezone, it's only 25 August 2004. Is Zac's one year ahead of normal humans?

Handyo

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

I know Han, I edited my post after you made me notice the mistake and then I played dumb to mess with you hehe
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by J zanetti
    when Cuperman was WRONGLY sacked!
    Yeah, i like that: Cuperman. Why is he still unemployed? some people don't know what choices to make. Do you want to improve your team and pull it from mid-table to respectability? Then hire Cuperman. Okay, you might not win a trophy and you could play defensive soccer, but hey, finishing second or third is better than finishing tenth or eleventh.

Anyway, i sense bitterness in Zac's tone. He is an inter fan and he is really sad that he had to leave us. I understan, and i also appreciate the man he is when he resigned instead of being paid. He is a gentleman, i don't mind him fending off his frustrations like that, because after all, we screwed him big time when he screwed us a little bit.

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Definately. Like I said b4, Cuper is one of the best coaches in taking a weak/sleeping giant and take them back to the top. Though then you have to sack him because he won't win anything

I also feel for Zac. He showed that he loved the club and it was a shame how things ended.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb