Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Spanish La Liga 2008/2009

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Spanish La Liga 2008/2009

The Spaniards just won the EUro,lets see how that reflects on the league if it will..

Will Guardiola be the man for Barca?
    Will Real Madrid regain the title?
    Will Valencia challenge for the title??
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

Real Madrid safely has another title. Barcelona in rebuilding mode.
    ONLY ONE THING IS IMPORTANT--->
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

I have strong feeling that someone like Atletico or Villareal will snatch the title..
    Interista... In victory and defeat...

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Madrid won the league last year, when they were in rebuilding mode. Barca may be able to do the same, they have been very very smart with their summer transfers. The only real stupid things they are trying is selling Eto.
    Villareal can be a title challenger, if they can keep hold of their current squad (they already lost caceres), and make a couple of signings.

I dont see challenge from any other team. Atletico or Sevilla will at most be able to challenge for the CL spots.

Valenica have a very inexperienced manager, but with rising potential. But cause of lack of funds, they might have to sell half of their squad.

Gonna be an intresting season.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Spain

I root for Espanyol but if we talk about the tittle i go for:
    1-any team not named barcelona or madrid to win.
    2-madrid
    3-worst scenario-barcelona.
    I always wanted Valencia or even Sevilla to fight for the league in the last years, now lets hope villarreal and atletico have atleast a small chance, but they need a better transfer market, atleast atletico, heitinga and ufjalusi are nice, but i dunno about assuncçao and sinama pongolle.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Lots of Spanish internationals were from Valencia. If the keep their raising stars and with the right guidance, I hppe Valencia can do it.

Most likely Real will retain another one.

Hungary

hopefully pos valencia bastards lose the cl spot in the last round of the liga just like bilan this year and we can watch them with that priceless expression on their face. I wish them all the worst. if they get relegated one day, I'll organize a huge bbq party and I'll drink Moet 'till I get death-drunk yelling something like 'DIE, BASTARDS, DIEEEE!', especially that cocksucker marchena
    nothing else interests me in the spanish league ^^
    "All right, Mr. Wright!" - György Szepesi, 1953. 11. 25., Wembley (Hungary-England)

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Chill sza
    There are better(or worse) clubs than Valencia that deserve your hatred.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I still can't see anyone breaking the current 4 year dominance by Barca & RM actually. Although Villarreal overachieved last year and Atletico Madrid looks decent, I just don't think it's enough, considering RM's team core is still there and Barca has made some decent signings.

By the way, why hate Marchena more than that coward SOB David Navarro?

Hungary

if I were in charge, these two could never play football again (tbh, if I were in charge, these two could never WALK again after some truck hitting them on the street accidently, TWICE )
    "All right, Mr. Wright!" - György Szepesi, 1953. 11. 25., Wembley (Hungary-England)

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by szasza02 View Post
    if I were in charge, these two could never play football again (tbh, if I were in charge, these two could never WALK again after some truck hitting them on the street accidently, TWICE )
    And going over them thrice.

My 2nd club has always been Barcelona, more so recently after Messi's evolution. But I've been watching them since Rivaldo times, cant forget the 3-2 goal in the last game of the season. The 3 points made them qualify for the CL and sent Valencia to the UEFA Cup.

Anyways, I think Barca will get it right, they have a man from within the club and they will be a better team mentally. The other big difference will be hunger.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad View Post
    Will Guardiola be the man for Barca?

i like Guardiola at all, i think they needed a new coach but i think he is a bad fit, i dont think they will improve but i dont think they will get worse either
    FORZA INTER

“We are getting a Coach of great experience and Mourinho's results speak for him. He is the right man so that Inter can continue their winning streak.”
    -Il Capitano

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

It's very funny in Spanish league, because there are many coaches, who are totall newbies, but are doing a good job. In Italy, most of the succesfull coaches, had to come a long way untill this point.

I won't be suprised if Guardiola will win it this year.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    A lot of the top Italian coaches Prandelli, Mancini, Ancelotti, Spalletti are quite young.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    It's very funny in Spanish league, because there are many coaches, who are totall newbies, but are doing a good job. In Italy, most of the succesfull coaches, had to come a long way untill this point.

I won't be suprised if Guardiola will win it this year.
    hm, in fact Guardiola will probably be the only coach in Primera who was player in last 10-20 years.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

I didn't mean that in context of this season, I mean that overall. I've noticed that in Spain, there is a bog faith in coaches, and give them jobs in Barca, Real or Valencia, while in Italy, I think the coaches for the top teams are more selective.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darky View Post
    hm, in fact Guardiola will probably be the only coach in Primera who was player in last 10-20 years.
    Wasn't Schuster a player for Real Madrid? The White Arrow or something was his nickname?

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

Quote Originally Posted by The Special Han View Post
    Wasn't Schuster a player for Real Madrid? The White Arrow or something was his nickname?
    Yes, he was. I was talking about Spanish coachs. Most of them are very old and played football like 30-40 years ago.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano &am

If you want a dark horse, take Valencia. They have managed to keep their squad more or less together(the useful players at least), their manager Unai Emery is brilliant and they will not have to worry about CL, so expect them to have a title challenge.
    Atletico would be nice, but their defense looks a bit funny. Having Pablo wasn't bad enough, they signed Heitinga too and Ujfalusi is a good defender, but not for a team trying to play offensive.
    "I thought Biggie had a different way of putting words together. He was different"

Big Daddy Kane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghahbe of Turkey
    Wiltord had a better goalratio than Henry for France
    Wiltord 26 goals, 92 games
    Henry 43 goals, 96 games

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Quote Originally Posted by UhUhOleguer View Post
    If you want a dark horse, take Valencia. They have managed to keep their squad more or less together(the useful players at least), their manager Unai Emery is brilliant and they will not have to worry about CL, so expect them to have a title challenge.
    Atletico would be nice, but their defense looks a bit funny. Having Pablo wasn't bad enough, they signed Heitinga too and Ujfalusi is a good defender, but not for a team trying to play offensive.
    But it is still at a pretty early stage. There are still plenty of chances some club might come in and steal one of their stars away. However, I do agree with you. If Valencia manage to keep their squad now, they are going to be very strong for the upcoming campaign.