View Poll Results: "Where you feel good, there is your home". Agree?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 91.67%
  • No

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where you feel good, there is your home

Where you feel good, there is your home

Was browsing the net and found this Latin phrase:
    Ubi bene ibi patria (Where you feel good, there is your home). So would like to know what do you think about it.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Good question, and I agree with it.

I don't know, maybe it's because I come from a long line of migrants from long time ago. Or maybe it's something that I do, I move back and forth between two 'homes' and I think that home is the place where you feel the best in.

Good answer Hamoudi. I feel exactly the same, maybe because I left my country few years ago.

I never understood people leaving abroad and saying how great and amazing their country of origin is. If it's so great and amazing why did you leave then.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    I never understood people leaving abroad and saying how great and amazing their country of origin is. If it's so great and amazing why did you leave then.
    They have their reasons. Work, education, wars, etc.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, è la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Australia

10 years of FIF
    This is a good thread and I have a number of thoughts to add.

I am quite a homely person. I occasionally go out but I very much like staying home and doing my own thing. Sometimes, friends interpret it as being anti-social, for example, why would I want to stay home on a Saturday night when I go out and have drinks? Perhaps it is the case that I like my own company too much but I like being home so I can relax in the comfort of my own home. It may well be the case that I like it too much because I tend to stay home more than I go out. But I think that is because home is where I most feel happy and at ease.

The truth be told, I can not see myself living anywhere other than my home town of Adelaide. As small as my city is, I simply love it here.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan View Post
    They have their reasons. Work, education, wars, etc.
    I understand when people leave for a while, let's say for a few years to study or get an experience. But if someone leaves his home country permanently, gets citizenship and never goes back to his home country that's a different story.

Let's say you will not leave your family if they have some problems. You will support them and try to solve those problems. Same with a country.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

You're talking about a specific number of people. There are people who leave and never come back even if they can, and some of them can't come back because they simply can't.

Not everyone is the same. You're only talking about the people who can easily come back, but they just don't. In this case, yes, you can wonder why they're doing this.

I still don't know if you meant the people who leave permanently but still come back during holidays, or those leave for good and never come back. Be more specific.

I meant the ones who leave and never come back, but still keep saying how great their country is.

What I'm trying to say is that people should be honest. If you left your country there must be some reasons, so don't be scared to admit it. You can say that for example my country is shit because there's unemployement, corruption, it's not safe and so on. But don't say that your country is best in the world without any problems.

It applies equally to people who leave permanently or for a long period of time.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

If you meant the people never come back at all, and it's easy for them go back, and there are no problems in their countries, then yeah you have a point there.

Exactly. I mean situations when nobody holds them and they can easily go back.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I understand when people leave for a while, let's say for a few years to study or get an experience. But if someone leaves his home country permanently, gets citizenship and never goes back to his home country that's a different story.

Let's say you will not leave your family if they have some problems. You will support them and try to solve those problems. Same with a country.
    Its not the same at all. a Country is a piece of land. Family and friends are much much deeper connected than that.

I don't care one bit for any country. a Country is just a place to stay, whatever suits me best currently.

Home is were I feel happy .

Why should you go back to a piece of land you have no obligation to do that. In this life you look out for numero uno , the rest don't mater unless they are important in your life imho.

But maybe this is a philosophical difference. I am probably thinking the way of the individual while some of you here think of the group first.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Stefan, you make a good point, which means that you agree with me that home is where you feel good not where you were born

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I definitely agree with this statement.

On the other hand, do you guys think it's possible to have more than one home? I was born and raised in Surabaya, Indonesia and that's where my families & relatives are and where my family business is located. I consider Indonesia as my home.

I was forced to move to Singapore due to the 1998 financial crisis & racial riots in Indonesia. I studied there for 8 years, met new friends and also have a house & a car there. My youngest brother still goes to school there and my parents stay there often. Everytime I have a summer/winter vacation, I'll definitely visit Singapore for at least a week. I also consider Singapore as my home.

And right now, I've lived in San Francisco for 2 years, once again meeting new friends and settling well into my place. I consider it my home too, my current home. But I know that eventually, I'll leave the place for good, regardless how good life is here, because of the obligation to inherit the family business and because I don't want to be far from my families & relatives.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Racial riots??? really? How come I never heard about it?

It is possible to have 2 homes.. but for me home is where your youth or your teen years are spent. Why? Because its the time of your life and you remember it till you die..

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Well it was because of the Asian financial crisis. There were a lot of demonstrations against the government and some took advantage of it. In the past there were already a lot of jealousy against the Chinese by some (NOT ALL) native Indonesians because the Chinese came to their country and became more successful and these feelings erupted during those demonstrations.

I guess it would be wrong to say that it's a racial riot, there was a general riot against everyone actually.

Quote Originally Posted by The Special Han View Post
    I definitely agree with this statement.

On the other hand, do you guys think it's possible to have more than one home? I was born and raised in Surabaya, Indonesia and that's where my families & relatives are and where my family business is located. I consider Indonesia as my home.

I was forced to move to Singapore due to the 1998 financial crisis & racial riots in Indonesia. I studied there for 8 years, met new friends and also have a house & a car there. My youngest brother still goes to school there and my parents stay there often. Everytime I have a summer/winter vacation, I'll definitely visit Singapore for at least a week. I also consider Singapore as my home.

And right now, I've lived in San Francisco for 2 years, once again meeting new friends and settling well into my place. I consider it my home too, my current home. But I know that eventually, I'll leave the place for good, regardless how good life is here, because of the obligation to inherit the family business and because I don't want to be far from my families & relatives.
    Good explanation. I agree with you.

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    True...

I can agree, i feel best at home for sure... When I am awawy from home more than 2 weeks, i feel empty, i have need to get back home... i can't image how would it be to live in another country...
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Quote Originally Posted by Pajo View Post
    True...

I can agree, i feel best at home for sure... When I am awawy from home more than 2 weeks, i feel empty, i have need to get back home... i can't image how would it be to live in another country...
    I've lived in 3 different countries and can tell that it's good, coz you can compare different lifestyles. Holidays can't give you this experience.

So far it's 100% YES. I'm surprised. I thought that it would be mostly NO

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    I will tell you why because I have two older brother in USA so I know from personal experience:

-before 11-12 years we had war, we had immigrants, we had Srebrenica etc. Escape or die was solution for very very big number of man over 17 yrs old ( I must be fair and say that no-one would kill my brothers if they stay but in that moment nobody wanted to take tat risk)

-they are in USA for 12 years and they got citizenship, house, cars, wife's, children and now they can't came back because they have other obligations

-when you have a kid in USA it's unfair to bring that kid back in Bosnia because schools, hospitals, sports centers etc. are million times better there than here

-if you came back how you will find a job in a country with such a big number of unemployed people? How you will pay college to your son or your daughter?

- So Mustafa, my friend, it's very hard to that people. We're very connected like family, I draw them to Zagreb on airport before three days, they were on vacation for five weeks with kids and all, boy from nine years doesn't want to go back, he like it here , he loves grandmother, he loves uncle, he loves everything and he wants to stay. So you can imagine how big wish to stay is in my brothers, in their wife's, when kid who is nine years, who is born in USA doesn't wanna go back.

So in last ten years hardest things are that goodbyes on airports, and just opposite from expected, every new one is hardest.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

Hasan you're making a good point. Fair enough that you say that education is better in the USA, there's job over here. That's good.

Also what your brothers are missing is family, friends and relatives. If let's say all of you were in the USA I don't think they would have missed anything. I might be wrong though.
    Last edited by Mustafa; 27 Jul 08 at 10:19.