Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 121

Thread: Dumb Laws Worldwide

  1. #1
    Mustafa's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 06
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanked
    3 times



    Dumb Laws Worldwide

    I read a lot about stupid laws, however some of them are hard to believe. So, I'll only mentioned the ones that are really laws and hope other people will contribute to this thread as well.

    I'll start with the laws of the country I live in.

    In Dubai it's against the law to:
    1) Live with your partner (girlfriend/boyfriend)
    2) Be drunk in public even though you can go to a nightclub and get hammered. However, if you leave the club and decide to walk for a while on the street you'll be in jail.
    3) Kiss in public.
    4) Wear a thong at the beach.

    For all the above "crimes" people get arrested, pay fine and the deported.

    In Saudi Arabia women are not allowed to:
    1) Drive a car
    2) Walk alone on the street

  2. #2
    shahz_nerazzurri's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 May 05
    Posts
    5,766
    Thanked
    23 times
    Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti



    In Canada, you are not allowed to touch random girls walking by.
    Apparently its called a sexual assault or something.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

  3. #3
    Mustafa's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 06
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanked
    3 times



    What is defined by touching? Even if I touch her shoulder when asking something? That's funny

    I read somewhere that in Canada it's illegal to climb the tree. Is that true?

  4. #4
    mikepugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Aug 07
    Posts
    478
    Thanked
    0 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Aldemar



    In my State:
    You cannot buy tobacco until you're 18, but you can smoke it at any age.

    Make any sense?
    FORZA NERAZZURRI
    Avevamo vinto
    A ROMA, A SIENA, E DUNQUE, A MADRID!
    NOSTRO AMORE PER TU NON MORIRA. NULLA E IMPOSSIBILE. INTER PER SEMPRE.

    "Those who say it's not important say so because they don't have the right attitude or because they have been knocked out.
    We must progress in every competition we're in the running for, a team like Inter must have this mentality."

  5. #5
    lonewolf19's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Jan 07
    Posts
    11,537
    Thanked
    351 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

    Taiwan

    In one states of Japan, you are not allowed to "hit on" girls while you are in the car. However, you can get out of the car and hit on anyone u see.

    Make any sense?

  6. #6
    Suneet's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Sep 06
    Posts
    16,285
    Thanked
    2,060 times
    Fav. Player
    # 3

    India

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    I read a lot about stupid laws, however some of them are hard to believe. So, I'll only mentioned the ones that are really laws and hope other people will contribute to this thread as well.

    I'll start with the laws of the country I live in.

    In Dubai it's against the law to:
    1) Live with your partner (girlfriend/boyfriend)
    2) Be drunk in public even though you can go to a nightclub and get hammered. However, if you leave the club and decide to walk for a while on the street you'll be in jail.
    3) Kiss in public.
    4) Wear a thong at the beach.

    For all the above "crimes" people get arrested, pay fine and the deported.

    In Saudi Arabia women are not allowed to:
    1) Drive a car
    2) Walk alone on the street
    Chics wear thongs at beaches dude. You dont go to the right ones.

    You cant be arrested if you dont trouble anyone when you are drunk. If you mind your own business no probs. I do it every 2nd day.

    You cant kiss in public. You cant makeout in your car.

    Do you knw Musti, you cant wear shorts in Sharjah? They actually have a dress code..


    Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.




  7. #7
    Mustafa's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 06
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanked
    3 times



    Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    Chics wear thongs at beaches dude. You dont go to the right ones.

    You cant be arrested if you dont trouble anyone when you are drunk. If you mind your own business no probs. I do it every 2nd day.

    You cant kiss in public. You cant makeout in your car.

    Do you knw Musti, you cant wear shorts in Sharjah? They actually have a dress code..
    We either live in two different cities called Dubai (which is unlikely) or you haven't read newspapers recently.

    I hope you know the difference between thongs and bikinis.

    Sharjah is a different story, and by the way thanks for saying that about shorts coz I was planning to go there soon.

    In Sharjah women are not allowed to wear a swimsuit to the beach

    And to prove you that what I have said is true here is the link:
    http://archive.gulfnews.com/gngaller.../10227399.html

  8. #8
    Suneet's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Sep 06
    Posts
    16,285
    Thanked
    2,060 times
    Fav. Player
    # 3

    India

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    We either live in two different cities called Dubai (which is unlikely) or you haven't read newspapers recently.

    I hope you know the difference between thongs and bikinis.

    Sharjah is a different story, and by the way thanks for saying that about shorts coz I was planning to go there soon.

    In Sharjah women are not allowed to wear a swimsuit to the beach

    And to prove you that what I have said is true here is the link:
    http://archive.gulfnews.com/gngaller.../10227399.html
    I know the difference. Dont worry. And I've been reading the news tooo. The trick is not getting caught, correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, I'm going to apply for an alcohol permit...just to stay out of jail.


    Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.




  9. #9
    Mustafa's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 06
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanked
    3 times



    Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    I know the difference. Dont worry. And I've been reading the news tooo. The trick is not getting caught, correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, I'm going to apply for an alcohol permit...just to stay out of jail.
    I see what you are saying. But when you are having fun you want to be relaxed not to think whether you are breaking some dumb law or not.

    Alcohol licence is another dumb law good luck with it. I can't get one even though I'm not muslim, but my home country for some unknown silly reason is considered a muslim one.

  10. #10
    Suneet's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Sep 06
    Posts
    16,285
    Thanked
    2,060 times
    Fav. Player
    # 3

    India

    Forum Supporter
    I should get it, they just need a letter from my company...

    Anybody have more stupid laws?


    Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.




  11. #11
    Mustafa's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 06
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanked
    3 times



    Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    I should get it, they just need a letter from my company...

    Anybody have more stupid laws?
    There are plenty of them all over the internet, but I don't know whether they are real or not. It's better to hear them from people who experience those laws like you and me. Some people may be shocked that those laws exist in Dubai, coz Dubai is shouting all the time that they are modern city like any other city in Europe or USA That is so untrue and funny.

    I just remembered one law. In UK you need a TV Licence in order to have TV which costs some 130 and if you don't have it and get caught you pay fine 1000. However, you don't need TV License if you only watch DVD or play Play Station

  12. #12
    Forza ragazzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Feb 05
    Posts
    6,738
    Thanked
    131 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

    Norway

    There are sites I've been to ages ago who are made solely based on silly laws all over.

    In some state in the US I think it's illegal to have sexual intercourse with porcupines.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."



    Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

  13. #13
    Suneet's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Sep 06
    Posts
    16,285
    Thanked
    2,060 times
    Fav. Player
    # 3

    India

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza ragazzi View Post
    There are sites I've been to ages ago who are made solely based on silly laws all over.

    In some state in the US I think it's illegal to have sexual intercourse with porcupines.
    wtf? Did anyone try that?


    Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.




  14. #14
    Forza ragazzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Feb 05
    Posts
    6,738
    Thanked
    131 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

    Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    wtf? Did anyone try that?
    I have no idea, but most likely. For what other reason would they even think of such a law? The logical thing would be that this law is a product of a violation of this kind.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."



    Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

  15. #15
    Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jun 05
    Posts
    4,811
    Thanked
    623 times
    Fav. Player
    CN69

    Italy

    10 years of FIF
    somewhere it's supposed to be illegal to have sex with a fish

    they should make this law for sheep in wales
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

    Liberta' per gli ultras

    No al calcio moderno


  16. #16
    Hammoudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    13,378
    Thanked
    10 times
    Fav. Player
    Internazionale



    Mustafa, you are misinformed. In Saudi women can't drive, but they won't get arrested for walking alone in the street, verify before you claim.

    Also, those things you mentioned about decency is about culture. Dubai might be modern, but it is still located in Arabia. Decency in public is steep in that culture, you can't just let go of these things to be modern. So I don't think these rules are dumb, maybe restricting, but not dumb.

  17. #17
    Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Jun 05
    Posts
    4,811
    Thanked
    623 times
    Fav. Player
    CN69

    Italy

    10 years of FIF
    one from the UK

    Sticking a postage stamp (showing the head of the queen, which they all do) on an envelope upside down is considered treason.
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

    Liberta' per gli ultras

    No al calcio moderno


  18. #18
    Mustafa's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 06
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanked
    3 times



    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    somewhere it's supposed to be illegal to have sex with a fish

    they should make this law for sheep in wales
    Nice one about Wales. Lived there for a year and you can even buy a rubber sheep from a condom machine in the pub

  19. #19
    Mustafa's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 06
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanked
    3 times



    Quote Originally Posted by Hammoudi View Post
    Mustafa, you are misinformed. In Saudi women can't drive, but they won't get arrested for walking alone in the street, verify before you claim.

    Also, those things you mentioned about decency is about culture. Dubai might be modern, but it is still located in Arabia. Decency in public is steep in that culture, you can't just let go of these things to be modern. So I don't think these rules are dumb, maybe restricting, but not dumb.
    I didn't say that women will get arrested for walking alone in the street. I said it's agains the law.

    And regarding Dubai, why don't they say that they're a muslim country instead of saying that they are modern. It's dumb to say one thing to attract tourists and then make a law against it.

  20. #20
    shahz_nerazzurri's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 May 05
    Posts
    5,766
    Thanked
    23 times
    Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti



    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
    What is defined by touching? Even if I touch her shoulder when asking something? That's funny
    Well the first time was groping, the second time was gently running my fingers through her hair. Now I just control myself.

    Its illegal in Ontario to climb trees, the rest of Canada, you can do it. But while the rule is their its not enforced. My friends get drunk, climb up a tree and pee from their all the time.

    Going on to some other laws that are being discussed;

    I lived in Riyadh for 16 years, and I can tell you for a fact, thats its not illegal in Saudia for women to walk alone on streets.

    About the TV license, we have the same stupid dumb rule in Pakistan. If you have a TV at your place, you need to get a TV license, unless you are only using it for video games or DVDs. Most of the people would just say they dont have TVs at their place. Then the govt. would run ads on national TV, stating why it is so important to get TV license, cause if they come to check, and you will get a court date .

    Also Dubai (U.A.E) is a Muslim country. they call themselves Muslim country. They portray themselves as a modern Muslim country. Maybe their tourists ads make it seem like they are a bit more modern then they actually are. But its like Brazil, their tourism ads promote beautiful chicks wearing thongs playing on the beach, but do they tell you, that half of them are tranny's??? Nope. You gotta do your own research before going to a place.
    Plus like Suneet said, you will be able to find a bikini beach in Dubai, if you really looked for it.


    Few dumb rules in Canada.

    You cant drink in public places, common areas etc.

    You can get drunk at a bar, club etc etc, but you cannot be drunk in a public place. Some body pls fu*ckin tell me, how I am supposed to get back home after drinking? Subway is a public place, so you shouldn't be drunk over there. And its not like you can drive back after drinking.

    You cannot sell or grow weed, but you can smoke weed. Yup my weed magically appears from the sun.

    You can legally carry 2.5 grams of weed with you for personal usage, any more above that and you go to jail. I am guessing all the police officers carry those small scales on them.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •