View Poll Results: Rate the player:

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

11 10.89%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

31 30.69%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

39 38.61%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

16 15.84%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be usefull, but will never be a key player for a team

2 1.98%
  • 5 - Completely average player

2 1.98%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

0 0%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

0 0%
Page 392 of 393 FirstFirst ... 292342382389390391392393 LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 7841

Thread: Philippe Coutinho

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Oh come on ffs. Chelsea lost KDB foolishly, MU lost Pogba foolishly, we lost Coutinho foolishly. Shit happens. Move on.
    The difference is that we can't afford to lose talent like that, foolishly. Imagine where we would be without Icardi right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

2. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Guney, J.., Sqnalkel

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    I don't want to go into a long diatribe about coaching and learning development. But let me make an analogy.

If i take 5 year olds and drop them in the deep end of a pool. I don't give them any verbal or written instruction. I don't give them the opportunity to make mistakes. I did not do anything to address learning needs. Just drop them in. None of them "learned" to swim before.

For the kid that figures out how to tread water and stay alive, because one or a few will;

(1) did my method of dropping them in the deep end TEACH him/her how to swim?
    (2) Let's say for arguments sake that you believe that that method did teach the kid to swim. Is that a RELIABLE method to CONSISTENTLY be able to teach kids how to swim?

(1) We know for a fact now that he's a hard worker. He's not Balotelli. His career and response to coaching at Liverpool under 2 managers, in Espanyol under 1 manager, and now at Barca under another manager are proof of that. Even his coaching at NT level.
    (2) The attributes you mentioned are the same attributes I saw too. My comments about him are all over this thread. But that's the point of player development. You have to coach/teach players. Dropping them in the deep end and if they fail, say they're responsible is just wrong.

At the end of the day, it's also about track record and evidence. The evidence shows Inter is very poor at developing talents. EXTREMELY poor. The track records of Pochettino, Rodgers, & Klopp are the exact opposite.

So to somehow say that young players who fail at Inter are somehow to blame is laughable. If they fail under Klopp or Pochettino or Pep or whatever, then you are more likely to believe that the player bears a larger responsibility for that. But at Inter? Come on....
    I said the player has to bear responsibility even if it's just 5%. The analogy also is a false equivalency. 5 year olds who get thrown in the deep end never swam before in small pools and there is a risk of drowning and death to them so the instructor needs to kill himself. So no you didn't teach them how to swim nor is it reliable or consistent.

Professional football players have been training consistently since they were 5 or 6 so they already have a background in football. Now what comes into play after his transfer is the environment when he came in, the mgt, coaches, the players the country and language. Now from what i have heard and read players who fail at Inter is due to the pressure from fans, media and coaches.

So he didn't play consistently and he was surrounded by trash players, that def didnt help him but when he did play he still was average. No coach is gonna keep playing you if you are thrown off the ball and keep shooting weak shots in the final third. He had to try and adapt there. At Liverpool and Barcelona their tactics and style of play helped him and he was surrounded by better players and coaches who stayed for a while and played him even when he was off form.

At Inter, on the field he was still developing and at 21 years old he was sold to Liverpool so he still wasn't given the opportunity to mature at Inter or play consistently like say Icardi has had until now. Thats mainly a mgt mistake because they never were consistent with a coach and sold a talent too early.

This narrative though of players thrive in-spite of the Inter environment is false though.

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Kwadwo

Ireland

He looked every bit the player we sold for 12m; except, unfortunately, he's not.

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

I remember even Inter almost sell Icardi on winter mercato six month after we bought him. Thats dark age era is just toxic, everything really had no clue what they gonna do to this club just thankfully all of that virus almost gone especially Moratti. Our first mistake is we give up with Benitez too early who actually give a real chances to Coutinho, and with Etoo around he could be a good mentor for him. Thats Werder Bremen match probably just to beautiful to forget, he made Coutinho and Biabiany like worldclass winger lol. And most of Interista also didnt help either they need also responsible for this mess, if only they understand and not just expecting instant success give unecessary pressure to our mgmt we probably will be a better position regarding with this young talent. But then past is the past, Im just feeling grateful we start learn from our mistake and we should continue to learn. And as a Interista we should trying to undestand we shouldnt rush a thing and give trust to the mgmt, they been doing good in past year. Just look at our avg age of our core player, we have 25 yold Captain, our brozo also still in his 25 yold, then our Skriniar still in 23 yold, we basically had young squad and not gonna let our promising talent left this club too early like our past mistakes. With Steven around I can say its guaranteed he will do everything to keep that thing working.
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

7. Thanks (1): Sqnalkel

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Fuckin christ. I've come to hate harping on about him and defending the bloke. He was not 'bad' when he was here. He was inconsistent. The thing is, he was only 18 or so, and any coach worth a salt is going to come out and tell you it's not normal to be consistent at that age. I vividly remember this little kent tearing a hole through Bremen in the CL during his first season here when he'd barely played 90 minutes in Serie A.

The bottom line is he should never have been sold and should've been on the pitch as often as possible. Unfortunately, I'm still sitting here awaiting the start of our famed fuckin youth project.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    He was good in European games, he was below par in Serie A. That's pretty much it. I'm pretty sure we would have sold him ast some point anyway even if he deserved more chances and an expanded role.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

We did sell him.

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    We did sell him.
    Lol. I meant even if he stayed for a couple of seasons, we'd not be excited about him so we'd end up selling him somewhere regardless of the talent. Maybe not for 13m, maybe for 20m, maybe less. Who knows. But it didn't seem that it could work here for him. He needed to build up muscle and strength and he did that at Liverpool. It's not like he learned new dribbles or grew more balls to shoot from distance or take on opponents. He just became a physically stronger and more confident player. The lack of this was not the reason he was not considered an asset for Inter.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Well tbh, theres no way we would ever turn down 150 million for him
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Lol. I meant even if he stayed for a couple of seasons, we'd not be excited about him so we'd end up selling him somewhere regardless of the talent. Maybe not for 13m, maybe for 20m, maybe less. Who knows. But it didn't seem that it could work here for him. He needed to build up muscle and strength and he did that at Liverpool. It's not like he learned new dribbles or grew more balls to shoot from distance or take on opponents. He just became a physically stronger and more confident player. The lack of this was not the reason he was not considered an asset for Inter.
    Sounds like we were the dumb cunts here. Yet again.

16. Thanks (2): Guney, MVD

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Imo if it was a horrible mistake or just a mistake depends on the will of the player to leave or not, which right now i don't remember.

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Well tbh, theres no way we would ever turn down 150 million for him
    No one would pay 150m for a Coutinho that played for Inter. His football development would not be the same, he'd still be the same Coutinho he was until 2013, only just slightly more physically developed due to age. Still the same player that could not find empty spaces in Italy but could slice the defences of Werder and Tottenham before he was 20.

Obviously it'd be best to have him on the team instead of players like Ricky Alvarez and Guarin, but he'd never be considered world class at Inter or for any other Serie A team.

Just like Mo Salah. Ask any Roma fan, they were too happy to see him sold because even if he was quite good for them, he kept missing too many easy chances and was disappearing in games against minor opposition as he had no clue of how to break a parked defence. Then he moved to Liverpool and he instantly became a ballon d'or contender. It's not like Klopp had a secret trick of how to use him. He just was found in a better environment and situation for himself. Just like Coutinho.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Everytime i hear the argument that small players can't succeed in Serie A, I remember about Sneijder, Insigne and Dybala being absolute bosses.

Just because he wasn't the same Cou he is now, that doesn't mean it ever was a good idea to sell him of all players. Icardi developed well at Inter, so no excuses.
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    He would have been the same Coutinho had he stayed only because we would have been the ones continued to handle his progress.
    Wallace

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Everytime i hear the argument that small players can't succeed in Serie A, I remember about Sneijder, Insigne and Dybala being absolute bosses.

Just because he wasn't the same Cou he is now, that doesn't mean it ever was a good idea to sell him of all players. Icardi developed well at Inter, so no excuses.
    I didn't talk about 'small players'. I talked specifically about Coutinho at Inter. As a player, he was pretty much the same guy when he was with us. The changes he had are minimal. It's mostly an environment change that made that effect, as well as.. well, nutruition changes.

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Coutinho got injured, out for 2-3 weeks.

24. Thanks (1): rfU

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

87 Most Stubborn Poster
    That video is so fucking cringe-worthy. Shoot me fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Google and Youtube are some next level shit though. That's like air at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

26. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Anne Marie

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Coutinho got injured, out for 2-3 weeks.
    Fucker. After he wreaked havoc against us.. Hope he is back fit for Spurs game.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

28. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

If not, at least Messi will play against Spurs.