Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97147187194195196197
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 3940

Thread: Davide Santon

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillBro View Post
    Frogs? Is rano starting too? Throwback lineup..play rano, santon and naga. Lose 3-0
    Yeah, lets stick Skriniar between them just to mess with his head

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF
    Santon had his best performance tonight, Forza Inter.

3. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, ChillBro

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Still think this guy is a better option at fullback then Nagatomo if he can get fit and has minutes under his belt. Maybe Spalletti will actually start using him?

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Not much Spaletti can do if Santon has to spent 80% of the season injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

6. Thanks (1): ChillBro

Fav. Player
    Criscito

Netherlands

He looked fantastic today
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

8. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Batman, ChillBro

Fav. Player
    thank mr icardi

Holy See

Is he injured yet?

10. Thanks (2): ChillBro, wera

Albania

74 Most Diverse Poster
    Didn't have time to do much tonight but in my opinion he still is our best attacking fullback. Hope he gets better and starts playing more.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

12. Thanks (1): ChillBro

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Santon should definitely get a chance to prove himself. He's like having D'Ambrosio on the LB. Still better than Nagatomo and the that waste of +20m who's been worse than him.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    Handanovic
    Old name
    QuantumOfSolace

Brazil

Maybe I'm seeing too much here, but I think Spalletti giving him minutes in a derby means he intends to use him more from now on.

It wasn't so long ago Mancini left Santon to rot in the bench and then threw him in a Milan derby out of nowhere, ending up in disaster. Obviously Spalletti has a little more sense and will gradually give the guy minutes until he's back on acceptable fitness and confidence levels.

Fav. Player
    Criscito

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan View Post
    Santon should definitely get a chance to prove himself. He's like having D'Ambrosio on the LB. Still better than Nagatomo and the that waste of +20m who's been worse than him.
    Can we not write off Dalbert after 8 games? Perisic sucked his first four months here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Can we not write off Dalbert after 8 games? Perisic sucked his first four months here.
    Not until he starts proving himself like Perisic did. For now, he's a player who's behind Yuto Nagatomo in the pecking order (and probably Santon recently). That's too low to ignore.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

dalbert is behind nagatomo, like a 6 y.o. child is behind a 7 y.o. child in reading skills. He has simply arrived later. Going on with the metaphor, after 7 years nagatomo is still a second grader, we'll see what dalbert can do in the coming weeks/months
    Last edited by firmino; 16 Oct 17 at 12:16. Reason: edited for clarity's sake
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Switzerland

Wait so "Santon should definitely get a chance to prove himslef" which he has been getting for the past 7/8 years, while "the waste of 20m+ player" doesnt get more than 8 games?

Where is the logic in that?
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

19. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, Il Drago, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Forum Newcomer
    Not until he starts proving himself like Perisic did. For now, he's a player who's behind Yuto Nagatomo in the pecking order (and probably Santon recently). That's too low to ignore.
    Perisic had the chance to prove himself because he was a regular starter. How can you expect Dalbert to adjust to the league and prove himself if Santon gets a chance before him? The same Santon who has been struggling for years to be ahead of Nagatomo in the pecking order.

21. Thanks (2): ChillBro, Shark

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Wait so "Santon should definitely get a chance to prove himslef" which he has been getting for the past 7/8 years, while "the waste of 20m+ player" doesnt get more than 8 games?

Santon was fine last season when he's played and actually put Nagatomo on the bench despite carrying an injury that requires surgery.

23. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    The same Santon who has been struggling for years to be ahead of Nagatomo in the pecking order.
    How was Santon been given chances for the past 7/8 years?

He was at Cesena (in exchange for Nagatomo, ironically) and Newcastle since 2011 and only came back in Jan 2015 when genius Mancini has thrown him while injured in the derby and then benched him. The only proper chances he's given is by De Boer and he's done fine despite carrying an injury. Then the other genius Pioli came in and benched him for Nagatomo again like Mancini (or was it because he's injured?).

In short, Santon has been struggling against injuries and bad coaches, not against Nagatomo. Dalbert is the one struggling against Nagatomo despite being physically fit. Spalletti is doing the right thing. Dalbert is clearly not ready to start games until he adapts and improves.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    How was Santon been given chances for the past 7/8 years?

He was at Cesena (in exchange for Nagatomo, ironically) and Newcastle since 2011 and only came back in Jan 2015 when genius Mancini has thrown him while injured in the derby and then benched him. The only proper chances he's given is by De Boer and he's done fine despite carrying an injury. Then the other genius Pioli came in and benched him for Nagatomo again like Mancini (or was it because he's injured?).

In short, Santon has been struggling against injuries and bad coaches, not against Nagatomo. Dalbert is the one struggling against Nagatomo despite being physically fit. Spalletti is doing the right thing. Dalbert is clearly not ready to start games until he adapts and improves.
    Santon has played 42 times for us in competitive matches since returning from Newcastel while i agree that he was unlucky with coaches and injuries i would not say that 42 games are not giving chances to santon. In these games santon never really impressed heck i doubt that his average game was better than yutos average game in the same period. Yet somehow Santon deserves more chances than dalbert?
    Also how does Santon get a pass because of shitty coaches and injuries, but dalbert does not, even though he just came from a different league and also most probably does not speak the laguage yet.

I m not saying that dalbert deserves to start over santon or that he is more fit to start, but the claim that santon deserves the chances more than Dalbert seems so wrong to me.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

I thought Santon did fine despite his circumstances and better than Nagotomo, but we'll just disagree on that.

I want Santon get a chance to start a head of Nagatomo. Dalbert (regardless of Santon or Nagatomo starting) should stay on the bench and be given chances when possible until he proves himself. In short, I think that Spalletti is doing the right thing and his decisions are spot on regarding Nagatomo, Santon and Dalbert.

Fav. Player
    Milito

Somalia

What are the chances Santon revert back to glass?

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    I thought Santon did fine despite his circumstances and better than Nagotomo, but we'll just disagree on that.

I want Santon get a chance to start a head of Nagatomo. Dalbert (regardless of Santon or Nagatomo starting) should stay on the bench and be given chances when possible until he proves himself. In short, I think that Spalletti is doing the right thing and his decisions are spot on regarding Nagatomo, Santon and Dalbert.
    Ok so we basically agree I mean i dont disagree with spallo s decisions thus far on who he played at LB and Rb.
    I thought you were already writing dalbert off. We should always play who gives us the highest chance to win sadly we dont have a squad strong enough to simply play a player based on potential since we need everyone to perform in order to reach our goal CL.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti