Page 46 of 216 FirstFirst ... 36434445464748495696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricardo Quaresma

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

10 years of FIF
    The difference between Maicon, Cambiasso, JC vs. RQ is that our whole win-CL formation 4-3-3 depends on him and Mancini. If he was some backup player or a young potential player, no one would mind. Cuchu had CZ and Davids on his spot. Maicon had JZ and Ze Maria. JC had toldo and Fontana on his spot. Furthermore, Inter's plan when they arrived was to win a scuddetto in three years time. They would have been OK even if it took more than a year for them to adjust.

However, Mancini and RQ were bought to depend on the game that happens in less than a month, and we are risking to enter CL knockout-stage with a squad that has zero improvement from last season after spending 60m.

Blame Branca for failing to find another Maicon/Cuchu/JC/Deki like under 10m gems, or blame Mou for his naive thoughts that two players without even backup would be ready by Feb, or Moratti for listening whatever Mou asked, but the bottom line is, we are likely not going to be using 4-3-3, and by that much, we are risking our CL tournament.

So, he may have potential. He may even win golden ball or be the best player on inter history. Our new stadium may even be named after him. However be ready to see him criticized if he does not deliver this season, because he was bought as a solution for 0809CL, not our future.

ps. Not directed at OP. Please understand that there are 'RQ sucks ass to win us wins vs MU and others this season' and 'RQ sucks ass and should be sold'. I hope someone doesn't quote this and starts writing 'omgwtf, RQ pwnz' level post.

Fav. Player
    Zanneti, Cambia

'4-3-3' is out of the goodworks at least for this season. That means Quaresma has been brought in to stay on the bench. I see no perspective for him in our line-up, especially not the role he could handle ''the attack midfield role''
    because Stankovic is developing very nice on that position.

Muntari is shown lack n form so that position is free to conquer but that means he has to work on defense attributes. Otherwise unfortunately a waste of money.

Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Italy

84 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Boys San Interista View Post

Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.
    If anyone can translate this for me, ill gladly show you the money...
    ***FORZA INTER***

Follow me on Twitter
    @alessandrodiosi

Administrator of the Australian Inter page. Your welcome to join the community
    https://www.facebook.com/interaustralia

Fav. Player
    Coutinho

I think he was drunk when he posted that hehe
    http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...MustangSig.jpg Ah...can't upload Images for Signature...just click the link if you want to see it then

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

1 10 years of FIF
    sigged
    http://i47.tinypic.com/106hq42.gif

Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    he was one win away from a treble, so i wouldn't argue with his testicle oriented man-management techniques

Fav. Player
    quaresma

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

Let's hope that some day he will have compilation wholly in Inter shirt.
    Interista... In victory and defeat...

Fav. Player

Canada

Can you imagine how sick we would be if RQ was actually playing well with Ibra and Adri up front? I mean that was supposed to be our attack since the beginning of the season but it never worked out yet.

Maybe it'll be ready to test for ManUtd...

Fav. Player
    JZ.

Egypt

Cambiasso's 1st season was magical as well as Maicon's one, no way u could compare them to Quaresma.

I did not want Q77 to join Inter not because he is bad but simply he do not suit us and Mourinho was so stupid in purchasing him instead of an AM/CM.

Quaresma failed at Inter because of many reasons and the biggest of them is our formation as the 4-3-1-2 we play don't suit him while when we play with the 4-3-3 we also do it wrong by playing Ibra as a CF where he sucks big time.

The only way we could see Quaresma performing well is in a formation like this
    Julio
    Maicon-----Samuel------Cordoba------Chivu
    Muntari----------Cambiasso
    Mancini--------------------------------Q77
    Adriano---------Ibra

but Mourinho is coward and will not play with this ever.

People must admit Q77 failure but in the same manner u have to respect him cause he never complained (Mancini did) and in the Cagliari match(the last one he played) he showed determination for doing something gr8 for the club as well as showing big improvement but he did not play any minute after that match.

Fav. Player
    if you're neraz

Ya I remember seeing Quaresma play in the CL, I liked him ever since and when I heard we were buying him I was happy as hell, and now look........ironic.

Pico is right though, Quaresma is a wide player there is no way he can fit in our 4-3-1-2 unless we play with 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield where he can play outside mid.

He did decent against Werder Bremen, aside from those 2 retarded shots he had some really nice crosses and plays.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

We could play him as an Am in 4-3-1-2 is Mourinho wasn't such a stubborn ass. In fact, since Muntari is out of the Torino game it would be the perfect match to try it out.

It's ridiculous that we use Stankovic and an old ass Luis Figo in that position when we have a young superstar rotting on the bench.
    Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.

Dr. Napoleon Hill

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

XL, Stankovic is doing pretty good.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

and how are you sure that Quaresma can play in the middle? I believe he had never done it in his career and this should imply something. He is definitely talented and skilled but it is just unfortunate that 4-3-3 with wingers does not fly for Inter.

I think it will stay this way until the end of this season at least. Unless we change our players (midfield mainly), we cannot play with winger system it seems.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XL View Post
    It's ridiculous that we use Stankovic and an old ass Luis Figo in that position when we have a young superstar rotting on the bench.
    Come again?

Stankovic has been spectacular in that position, why would that be ridiculous?

Agreed on the Figo part though. He should have left on 2007 to Qatar or wherever that was but instead, now he's treating Inter like his retirement home.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    You guys must understand Quaresma is no AM, he's a pure winger. He doesn't have a vision to play in the middle. He's just a winger running up and down the flank, dribbling and making crosses (though haven't seen the dribbling part too much at Inter).

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Yeah Stankovic is doing as well as you could expect, I'm not saying otherwise. He's been rejuvenated this season and I'm happy to see it but spectacular? Way too strong of a word if you ask me. Spectacular would be 5-6 goals and 7-8 assists and the performances to match such statistics, he's nowhere near "spectacular" IMO. What skillsets does he posses to play in that position?

Vision? No, apart from the occasional longball. Speed and dribbling abilities? No. A good shot? Yes. Ball control and good first touch? I guess he's ok in that respect. Stamina? Yes.

Point is Quaresma is equal or better in every single department. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he could do better than Stankovic in that position.

Regarding the "he's not a Am" argument.. What does that mean anyway? That he's not classified as an AM in football manager? Well guess what: Neither is Muntari and Jose tried him in the Am position. Once upon a time Henry was classified as a winger, does that mean he can't play striker? Give me a break.

Dr. Napoleon Hill

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

Overall, as bad as it sounds, Stankovic was our best midfielder in attacking play. It's not only goals and assists. It's overall contribution to our attack. He ran in and out of position. Shooted when needed, passed when needed. The fact that he has 3 or 4 shoots on crossbar shows it all.

Quaresma can be better in any aspect. But he is not strong enough and apparently not confident enough. As Balotelli saga showed us, talent means nothing, if u don't work enough. And in that aspect Stank can beat probably everyone in our team.

Australia

10 years of FIF
    XL, its funny you mentioned Quaresma playing as an attacking midfielder. I was trying to think of a way that Mourinhop could incorporate him into the team given the fact that our coach has now dispensed with 4-3-3. I also thought that he could play in Stankovic's position but there are a number of reasons why he will not get a chance to play in that position.

In comparison to Stankovic, Quaresma may be a faster and better dribbler of the ball and have better ball control/first touch but the fact of the matter is that he is not a work horse. If there is one thing Mourinho loves, it is hard work and for all of Quaresma's good qualities, it is an unquestionable fact that he does not work anywhere near as hard as Stankovic which pretty much ensures that he will not play as an attacking midfield. Also, Quaresma is low on confidence which will undoubtedly affect his overall contribution to the team. Unfortunately, we do not have the time in allowing him to adapt and and incorporating him into our starting eleven.

Also, Mourinho himself has said that when Stankovic is fit and available, he will play in that position. If that is not a glowing endorsement and a sign of the esteem that Mourinho has for Stankovic than I do not know what is.
    Last edited by Puma; 31 Jan 09 at 09:48.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Yeah, that's probably the only thing Stankovic has over Quaresma: Workethic. Not exactly a trait that defines a trequartista is it?

Dr. Napoleon Hill

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I am not going to complain about Stankovic. I am happy with his performances and in the matches when he was absent, it is safe to say that we struggled. Figo is too old to start in that position and Jimenez is a lightweight that should be playing in Serie B. It would be interesting to see how Quaresma plays in that position but I think at this point in time, his lack of confidence and lack of work ethic would ensure that he fails at playing as an attacking midfield player.