5 6.10%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate mercato 2008

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

Rate mercato 2008

Just like the thread title says give our mercato of summer 2008 a rating.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Voted 10 because of the players we signed, Muntari, Quaresma and Mancini. And secured players like Coutinho, Kerlon and Obinna. But in fairness, it should probably be 7-8 because we didn't manage to remove Crespo and Obinna, so now our squad is waaaay too big.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Azzkikr View Post
    Everyone was better than crapiasso in the coppa so for veron to be better doesnt say much, cambiasso is hugely overrated by most inter fans. Mediocre player at best, wouldnt be a starter in most other "big" clubs for sure. Same with stankovic.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

My ratings are as follows:

Mourinho 10: Brilliant move from the management and one I totally agreed with.

Muntari 7: Good signing. At first I wasn't entirely convinced but after seeing him play he has won me over.

Mancini 7.5: Good signing we need a winger for jose's system who knows serie a and mancini fitted the ball especially at only 13 million euros.

Acquafresca 7: Good that we bought his other half back. He will replace cruz in a year or two.

Quaresma 8.5: Excellent signing. The perfect player for mou's system. Adds the flair from the wings we need. Price was also excellent considering how much porto wanted at first.

Suazo to benfica 7: Would have prefered an outright sale but getting first option on di maria makes up for that. Was never good enough for inter. Is suited to a side that plays on the counter.

Overall rating for the mercato from me is 8.
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    My ratings are as follows:

Mourinho 10: Brilliant move from the management and one I totally agreed with.

Muntari 7: Good signing. At first I wasn't entirely convinced but after seeing him play he has won me over.

Mancini 7.5: Good signing we need a winger for jose's system who knows serie a and mancini fitted the ball especially at only 13 million euros.

Acquafresca 7: Good that we bought his other half back. He will replace cruz in a year or two.

Quaresma 8.5: Excellent signing. The perfect player for mou's system. Adds the flair from the wings we need. Price was also excellent considering how much porto wanted at first.

Suazo to benfica 7: Would have prefered an outright sale but getting first option on di maria makes up for that. Was never good enough for inter. Is suited to a side that plays on the counter.

Overall rating for the mercato from me is 8.
    Did we officially get a first option on di maria, or are you just speculating?
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Azzkikr View Post
    Everyone was better than crapiasso in the coppa so for veron to be better doesnt say much, cambiasso is hugely overrated by most inter fans. Mediocre player at best, wouldnt be a starter in most other "big" clubs for sure. Same with stankovic.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

I give 9, mainly because Jose.

I won't give 10, because that would be if besides Jose, Ricky, we would get Essien, and Messi instead of Mancini.

I'm not flying in the clouds, I'm just saying, what would be needed for me to give 10.

Neverless this was great, great mercato, despite a little flaws in departure department. But... the problem with offloading the players, just shows how the players love to be here, and don't want untill the very last moment to leave.

9, because we bought everybody who Jose wanted. 1 central midfielder, and 2 wingers, and 2 of them, were requests by Jose(Muntari and Ricky).
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by David Suazo View Post
    Did we officially get a first option on di maria, or are you just speculating?
    They never release official details on first options. Fact is the media has mentioned this and neither benfica nor inter has denied it.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Gave an overall 7.

7 for a decent manger in Mourinho.

8 for Muntari, and thats maybe because he has been one of my favourite players for the past 3-4 years. I think his signing will really really surprise some people. Hell, it makes it even better that he came in place of Lampard. Thank you Chelsea for refusing us Lampard, and letting us sign "Sulley".

7.5 for Quaresma. Well we got flair, lets hope he gets over his show boating style, and starts contributing more to the team, and living up to the hype.

6 for Mancini. The only reason I didnt give it a 4, is because I dont think he will play in the first team. And for being on the subs bench, Mancini is okay.

8 for Adriano. That is for getting him back, and not letting Mourinho manipulate us in to selling him to Chelsea, in exchange for Mourinho's soul mate, Drogba. Adriano couldnt work with Mancini, him getting back to his real form, will be the best thing to happen Inter all this season.

5 for Jiminez. decent backup, really happy that he stayed. Paid too much to a SERIE C club for the remaining half of his ownership though.

4 for Suazo's move. Loaning out players to other teams with the option to buy is one of the most retarded things ever.

7.5 for Acquafaresca. Not with us right now, but getting this kids full ownership was vital. 3-4 years him and Balotelli will together rule the world.

10 for kicking Recoba, Cesar and Solari out.

3 for giving up to PDC's demand, and handing them Pele, kid had something about him. Would have preferred to see him go out on loan.

4 for Obinna. Should have thought about English laws before signing him in and sending him on loan. Rally doubt he iwll be ever good enough for us.

1 for Vieira. Why the fuck is he still in the team.

2 for not kicking out Crespo, and Figo.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

8 for good transfers in Mancini, Muntari, Quaresma, Kerlon, Jimenez, Obinna, Del Piero(!!!). On other hand bad offloading. That's why not 9 or 10.
    Interista... In victory and defeat...

Fav. Player
    Guarin,Zanetti

United States

9 for transfers in

6 for transfers out...

Muntari- 8- huge improoovement in age and skill when we bought muntari (over viera). He will be a huge part of our midfield. After he gets used to our play and tackles smarter he will be our best center mid. His threw ball and long balls are very underated and at 23? he has much time and pottential to improove.

Quaresma-9.5- This guy brings it all. He's got the skills and finish to be our best player. WIth improovement on showboating and playing smarter, he will be great. He just opened up a realm of assists that were not available before. His creativity made us so much more dynamic, and i think some people havent realized it. This is, if he lives up to the hype, which i think he will surprise a few.

Mancini-8 (if doesnt start much)- he has ability, his inconsistency makes him a perfect part time starter. He plays well and is creative when in form. Actually, hell when he's in form, i don't see many serie A players better then him. We will see.

Adri back- 6- Not sure how much i trust him, hence the lower score. Still scares me a bit, but if he finds his form, and he will surely be a 10 rating.

Aqua-7- hopefully he will improove more, which will be scary. This may be a good move, but is he in our plans?

jimi- 6- expensive, but can cover many roles. Always liked him as a player and is very young.

MOVEMENTS OUT ARE SELF EXPLANATORY-6-. SUAZO LEFT good, pele left no so good, solari, recoba and cesar left thank god. Don't mind crespo or figo staying, as long as they know they won't play much, or as long as they DONT play much.

oh, Jose- 12- for being the special one.

8 is a solid rating and i think we improooved very much. Once our team gets in form, starts gelling, and players return from injury, i really don't see a stronger team in Serie A!
    Only One Inter

I'm so high I can eat a Star

Fav. Player
    J.Cesar

Australia

10 years of FIF
    it was hard, either 8 or 9 .. in some ways i find advantages that we got muntari over lamps

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

10 for everyone!!!! I'm in a good mood! FORZA QUARESMA!!!
    ONLY ONE THING IS IMPORTANT--->
    FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908

Spain

i give 9/10, too bad we didn't get DECO for 10 millions and get rid of Vieira and 2 more, it would have been 10/10.

Mancini << Mourinho (best coach in the world, EVERYBODY fears Inter, in part, because of him, read the forum you want, or talk with the person you want who knows a bit about this sport, you will find)
    Cesar <<< Mancini
    Solari <<< Quaresma
    Maniche < Muntari
    Suazo < Adriano (this is more debatable, but still)

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    It's 9 for me, and I think this sums it up pretty well:

Quote Originally Posted by Mourinho
    When I arrived at Inter I asked the club for three players. Mancini, Quaresma and Lampard. The club has given me Quaresma, Mancini, and did everything to get Lampard, and when Lampard changed his mind, I said my alternative was Muntari. I have to thank the club and the president and Marco Branca and Gabriele Oriali for their work. I'm very happy with the club.
    10 for Mourinho
    9.5 for Quaresma, 0.5 lost because he came late
    8 for Muntari and Mancini
    I don't think the rest really matters. We have taken a team which won the last scudetto and built on it to create a team which just needs some luck to be a CL finalist.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    I would have given it a 10, if we had paid 5m less for Quaresma... and got rid of Vieira.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Denmark

7 overall is fair. Mostly because of switching Mancini for Mourinho.

Muntari is a decent player but should be a backup at best at a team like Inter. We could have done better easily with those 14m€. There are tons of players around europe with similar ability to him, he is really nothing special. Hilarious/sad how he is already being overrated on this board.

Quaresma is a player i was not very excited about due to obvious reasons stated 250 times, but we needed wingers and he was the best option available and the price was decent.

Same goes for Mancini, though i think we could have done better considering the amount we paid, just like with Muntari we over really overpaid again here.

We once again failed to sign a class midfielder who can lead the team and unite the midfield and attack. Which means that all the previous midfield issues still persists. We should never have let chelsea have Deco, because we thought Lampard would be a done deal then, huge mistake, we should have persued Deco instead, he would add everything needed to our midfield really.

Keeping Stankovic is probably the mistake of the year, simply incredible. Shame Mancini didnt accept any coaching jobs this summer, or else im sure we would have managed to get rid of him.

Overall we bought players to change the system, but we really didnt fix any of the obvious issues in midfield. We didnt improve overall squad quality we just changed the system and bought players of similar ability to fit in.

It will be interesting to see if Mourinho can get anything out of the team, despite its obvious flaws and below average midfield. In terms of ability we are still miles behind the EPL and spanish clubs, but with a little luck you never know. Serie A should be realistic, CL will remain a dream, but we should be able to reach the quarters this time.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I'm not that harsh. Muntari was a good signing, of course not Lampard caliber, but a good signing still. There aren't tons of players with similar abilities as Muntari. Other than that, I agree your opinions.

But when it comes to comparing Inter to Spanish clubs, there's nothing wrong with Inter. Barca won't be anymore what it used to be, and Real is screwed everything with the C.Ronaldo saga, as eventually they lost Robinho and got no replacement. Some of their midfielders are better (Sneijder, VdV), but Schuster doesn't have a good vision of how to use the squad. I would say Inter is right behing the best of EPL teams in terms of European hierarchy.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

I agree with what Zlatan said, when asked about Inter in European football. He said we are right there next to Man Utd, Chelsea, Real and Barca. I believe we could scratch Real now, and leave the other 3.

And I am talking purely about pottential, and the quality and depth on the paper. No other teams than those 3 and us, has such a good squad overall.

After Robinho deal, one could even question Chelsea, but despite the fact, I don't rate their depth that much(now), they still have great first 11.
    Quote of the week:

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I agree with what Zlatan said, when asked about Inter in European football. He said we are right there next to Man Utd, Chelsea, Real and Barca. I believe we could scratch Real now, and leave the other 3.

And I am talking purely about pottential, and the quality and depth on the paper. No other teams than those 3 and us, has such a good squad overall.

After Robinho deal, one could even question Chelsea, but despite the fact, I don't rate their depth that much(now), they still have great first 11.
    I have to agree on that.... we are among the big league easily...

But the only advantage they have is experience of going through to the semis etc.... and thats where I think Mourinho will be useful..

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

Esatto.
    Quote of the week:

Spain

Just wondering, did anyone saw Barcelona in his first game of the season? one thing is not be a homer, other thing is be too critic and think anything outside is better.
    It's Chelsea, Inter, and another team between Barcelona, Bayern or Liverpool (they are more lucky than Arsenal) the favorites to win CL. Manchester won't repeat, Madrid don't have depth, they have Ramos, Casillas and 4 guys from Holland who are constantly injured, especially Robben, the rest of the team is garbage, but they will repeat the title league because they have no competition, Barcelona can't play as a team better than Madrid, and Atletico is still not at that level.

Take a look: http://www.miapuesta.com/F&#37;c3%batbol...102/203770/102 this is legit, 2 years ago Inter was not even a top 5 favorite to win it, now it's a top3.

Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    I have to agree on that.... we are among the big league easily...

But the only advantage they have is experience of going through to the semis etc.... and thats where I think Mourinho will be useful..
    Barcelona won CL without reaching the semis in the last years. It has something to do in mental aspects, but the truth is that means nothing.
    Last edited by Alex de Large; 02 Sep 08 at 17:37.