Thread: Hello from Chicago!

Fav. Player
    Ibracadabra!

Hello from Chicago!

Not too many Inter fans around my city. It's great to find a place like this to talk about all things Inter. There are so many different people from around the world on here, it's awesome!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Indonesia

Hello, nice to meet American who loves football, keep posting mate

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    And I just talked about going to Chicago for the Columbus Day break. What can we do in the Windy City bro?

Fav. Player
    Guarin,Zanetti

United States

welcome my man. Always cool to see someone from the states. Post often dude.!!!
    Only One Inter

I'm so high I can eat a Star

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

welcome mate

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

Welcome

And keep posting, that's very important :]
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    RONALDO (the re

Australia

welcome!

tell your interista friends

things have gotten quiet since the forum split
    http://i47.tinypic.com/106hq42.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Boys San Interista View Post
    Money where Sandrodiosi easily had could wipe the ass of azz off, till it was glimming again.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeet View Post
    he was one win away from a treble, so i wouldn't argue with his testicle oriented man-management techniques

Fav. Player
    Ibracadabra!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll post as often as I can. Football is slowly becoming a big sport in the States. It's nice to see. As far as things to do in Chicago I could write a small book. Let me know what kind of things you are interested in. We do have what was voted as the best Football bar in the country though!

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

Could you say a little about yourself, and when and why you started to support Inter ? If you don't mind ofcourse

The second part is the most important though.

And I would love if you could write a little more about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Unit View Post
    TFootball is slowly becoming a big sport in the States.
    I was in USA 2 times, last time a year ago, and as far as I remember, it was still as popular as NFL in Europe
    Quote of the week:

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Welcome mate, keep posting...

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Ibracadabra!

I'm 28. Born and raised in Chicago. I played "soccer" here when I was younger. I am big supporter of the Chicago White Sox, which is our baseball team. I also am a big fan of the Bears, our NFL team. I have season tickets for the Chicago fire, which is our professional "soccer" team. Our biggest name players are Brian McBride and Cuahtemoc Blanco. The quality of soccer here is not the same as in Europe but it is still very enjoyable. Half my family is from Italy and the other half is from Poland. I have always been a big supporter of Italian football, especially after the World Cup was in the U.S. in 1994. With the advancement of the internet I was able to watch and learn more about Serie A. I liked Inter's history and a lot of thier players so I have been supporting them for the last 8 years or so. With Fox Soccer Channel getting the rights to Serie A games I am now fortunate enough to see almost every Inter game. They are on at 8am lots of the time, but nothing is better for breakfeast than beer and eggs! It is my dream to make it to Milan to see a game. I was extremely excited when I heard the Super Cup was going to be played in the States but then it was cancelled!

As far as soccer becoming more popular in the states, it is a work in progress but getting better. Now ESPN airs one MLS game a week in prime time. All of the Euro games were on and in High Definition. They also broadcasted many of the Champions league matches as well. ESPN is pretty much god when it comes to sports in the states. When they start backing a sport or team they become increasingly more popular. One of the most popular sports for younger people is "soccer" here. You see as many kids playing soccer as baseball. Our professional teams are all getting their own stadiums and we have 4 new teams coming into the league over the next 3 years. It is going to be a very exciting future for soccer here in the states!

Anything else you guys want to know, just ask.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    Cheers mate
    Nice to see US ppl here. My future home-country

Have a nice time on forum and come offten.
    And dont tell me you are not into Bulls, I am and I expect you to lvoe them too

Fav. Player
    Ibracadabra!

Quote Originally Posted by Cro Nerazzurro View Post
    Cheers mate
    Nice to see US ppl here. My future home-country

Have a nice time on forum and come offten.
    And dont tell me you are not into Bulls, I am and I expect you to lvoe them too
    I do love the Bulls. They have been shit lately though and things don't look much better for them this year. I had the opportunity to go to quite a few games during the championship years. Seeing Michael Jordan live will be something I won't forget.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

I'm 28. Born and raised in Chicago. I played "soccer" here when I was younger. I am big supporter of the Chicago White Sox, which is our baseball team. I also am a big fan of the Bears, our NFL team. I have season tickets for the Chicago fire, which is our professional "soccer" team. Our biggest name players are Brian McBride and Cuahtemoc Blanco. The quality of soccer here is not the same as in Europe but it is still very enjoyable. Half my family is from Italy and the other half is from Poland. I have always been a big supporter of Italian football, especially after the World Cup was in the U.S. in 1994. With the advancement of the internet I was able to watch and learn more about Serie A. I liked Inter's history and a lot of thier players so I have been supporting them for the last 8 years or so. With Fox Soccer Channel getting the rights to Serie A games I am now fortunate enough to see almost every Inter game. They are on at 8am lots of the time, but nothing is better for breakfeast than beer and eggs! It is my dream to make it to Milan to see a game. I was extremely excited when I heard the Super Cup was going to be played in the States but then it was cancelled!

As far as soccer becoming more popular in the states, it is a work in progress but getting better. Now ESPN airs one MLS game a week in prime time. All of the Euro games were on and in High Definition. They also broadcasted many of the Champions league matches as well. ESPN is pretty much god when it comes to sports in the states. When they start backing a sport or team they become increasingly more popular. One of the most popular sports for younger people is "soccer" here. You see as many kids playing soccer as baseball. Our professional teams are all getting their own stadiums and we have 4 new teams coming into the league over the next 3 years. It is going to be a very exciting future for soccer here in the states!

Anything else you guys want to know, just ask.
    Now, THAT'S a proper introduction

Everybody should take you as an example, especially me, as I didn't write any introduction at all Well, but that's the old times I guess :>

I was in Chicago a year ago, I remember your success of the Bears, so I remember something about it, though never been a fan of the sport.

My view of US "soccer" holds to the fact, that this sport is seen in US as girl sport. I guess that was the time, I stopped following the general opinion of it in US

And the neverending question for me, is why Football in US means something else, and soccer means football. I guess we'll never find out exactly, who came up with this.

I hear you're half Polish, well that's nothing new from Chicago Been ever in Poland ?

Nice to see a newcomer here, and keep posting
    Quote of the week:

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I am big supporter of the Chicago White Sox.
    Only good thing about the white sox is Guillen. I LOVE the cubs, coolest team ever; soriano, zamorano, ramirez, lee, fukadome and my fav ex-jay Reed Johnston. A dream of mine is to be in Wrigely field's bleachers.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

50 FIF Special Ones
    Welcome in here, keep the posting and enjoy ur state mate. good introduction btw