Thread: Apocalypse

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

Apocalypse

So, the news about Apocalypse was right...
    Interista... In victory and defeat...

Fav. Player
    Guarin,Zanetti

United States

Jesus people! The risks involved in this experiment are miniscule and people saying that it is a waste of money and that it is not worth the risk have no idea what they are going on about and obviously know nothing about physics!

The information discovered in this one experiment will push forward the boundaries of science for generations to come and could benefit man kind immensely. I have followed the progress of this project closely since I first read about it and they state that it could lead to technology only as of yet believed to be available in science fiction, such as space folding and even time travel (but only from the time they turn on the machine).

As for black holes, they are actually quantum singularities that will be formed and they will be smaller than an atom and will last for a billionth of a second! Don't forget the forces that create natural black holes in space require the energy and mass of a collapsing massive star!

Anyway, think of it this way. If it does kill us, it'll happen so fast, none of us would even know it had happened. Oh and try the fact that it would destroy the entire solar system, not just Earth!

Exciting times!!!

a response from someone to that article in the shoutbox, may shed light if your actually worried haha l)
    Only One Inter

I'm so high I can eat a Star

Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
    As for black holes, they are actually quantum singularities that will be formed and they will be smaller than an atom and will last for a billionth of a second! Don't forget the forces that create natural black holes in space require the energy and mass of a collapsing massive star!
    Yea, assuming Hawking radiation actually exists. The main argument that a black hole will disappear is based on the beliefs that this purely theoretical radiation exists, but its not proven. To rely on an unknown factor that they dont even know exists in the event that a black hole is infact created seems kinda stupid to me.

Im not saying it doesnt, or that the sceptists are completely right. But the guys working on the project seem abit to eager to complete the test really.

I dont care how smart these geek supposedly are, noone can deny they are entering unknown territories here and they got is predictions based on certain assumptions about the universe are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
    Anyway, think of it this way. If it does kill us, it'll happen so fast, none of us would even know it had happened. Oh and try the fact that it would destroy the entire solar system, not just Earth!
    Well in any case they could atleast do the tests on a monday... Id hate for the world to end just up to a weekend, immagine working all week only to have the world end.

Also, couldnt they wait untill june next year, after the season and CL has ended Those nerds needs to get out of their particle accelerator and get laid for a change. Im sure the universe will eventualy recollapse by it self, we dont have to help .

Fav. Player
    Guarin,Zanetti

United States

i will put money on it that the world doesnt end his week!
    Only One Inter

Denmark

Well they arent making the actual collisions before on the 21 october.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Posts move. How the fuck did this discussion start in the forward rumours topic?

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

LOL Azzy showed his delight with our transfer policy towards young talents(Obinna,Acquafresca,Kerlon,Coriera,Di Maria). I decided that it is clear sign of Apocalypse

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    wtf are you nerds talking about? If the Apocalypse is near, it better not end while I'm in the middle of something important. Like sex.... or making scrambled eggs. I'll be pissed.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    This is not the right time, I have to watch Quaresma's first official game with Inter!
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, è la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    Luis Figo , Luc

Romania

This is BIG. I always thought that the Apocalypse won't be something biblical I mean nothing paranormal will happen...something very logical and man-made will happen. We will self-distruct trying to figure out how things in the universe work. I mean how do you find out how...let's say ...a clock works...you open it and start removing parts 'thus breaking it.....us humans are far too imperfect , that is why this kind of projects with hundreds of scientists and lots of people involved are very dangerous....the more people involved the higher chance of human error
    “I can do everything through HIM who gives me strenght” Philippans III

Fav. Player
    Luis Figo , Luc

Romania

“I can do everything through HIM who gives me strenght” Philippans III

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

I got my PS3 and have played GTA 4. The world can end now.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

They've got Gordon, give him a crowbar!

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti

6.4 billions waisted... for what?
    For a refrigerator, and it doesn't even have a TV!

I would have bought Manchester City with all that money.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by BrAD View Post
    wtf are you nerds talking about? If the Apocalypse is near, it better not end while I'm in the middle of something important. Like sex.... or making scrambled eggs. I'll be pissed.
    I understand making scrambled eggs and not getting to eat them but wouldn't going out on a climax be nice
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Guarin,Zanetti

United States

Quote Originally Posted by BrAD View Post

This really made me laugh out loud, no pun intended.
    Only One Inter

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by tonyloo View Post
    They've got Gordon, give him a crowbar!
    Haha, good one.

As for the topic, I don't know shit about it, I wouldn't even know where to press start, but I just want to say, that the bottom line, is that we don't know everything, and what they could be doing here, is past their actualy state of mind and knoledge.

On the other hand, they could say the same, when the lightbulbs were invented. I guess it's a risk we have to take.

Who knows. Maybe Marsians will come to save us. I think that would be interesting. And if someone would question, why they should take me with them, as I think it will be hard to get out all 6 billion of people, I want to say, that I have a great talent. My talent is that I have a dream. And what is my dream? To have a dream.

See ? :]
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Denmark

http://press.web.cern.ch/press/Press.../PR09.08E.html

Seems we have to wait abit longer for the end of the world...

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

So, no Apocalypse right now. Pity.