Thread: Torino - Inter (21 Sep 08)

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

50 FIF Special Ones

Torino - Inter (21 Sep 08)

After the great start in the Champions League, we need to be focused in our next match which will be played against Toro in their own ground. it will be played 6 days later(21 Septempber, Sunday) @ 15:00 with Italian time. This will be a very hard match as always in that difficult place. I hope we will get a minimal win with 1-0 at least.

FORZZA INTER!!!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I just want to remind everyone of 2 things:

NO ASKING OF STREAM LINKS IN THIS THREAD. DO IT HERE!
    NO MENTIONING OF ANY OTHER MATCHES. DO IT HERE!

I don't think this is very difficult to understand. We've been trying to implement this for years. Thanks.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    I just want to remind everyone of 2 things:

NO ASKING OF STREAM LINKS IN THIS THREAD. DO IT HERE!
    NO MENTIONING OF ANY OTHER MATCHES. DO IT HERE!

I don't think this is very difficult to understand. We've been trying to implement this for years. Thanks.
    Yeah and it always takes two months into the season for everyone to remember the rules.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think for this game we should go back to 4-4-2.

One reason is not having Muntari for 3 games and another I want us to be in good shape for the Derby..The way things are going we will probably lose another midfielder to cards or injury before that game if we play with all 3.I would rather play 2 with RQ-Mancini-Figo splitting wing duty over the next two games.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    I dont think Mour will abandon the 4-3-3 so soon.

I want to see Adri play and Ibra rest.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

JC
    Maicon Cordoba Matrix Maxwell
    JZ Cambiasso Vieira
    Balotelli Mancini
    Adriano

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

50 FIF Special Ones
    it will be a really tough match. hopefully adriano will get more mintues of play. i want a goal by ibra. 2-0 hopefully.

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Looking forward to the game, wud luv to see adriano start with balotelli upfront and cruz coming off the bench (don't care bout "he's finished" bs, a few months ago he saved our asses more than a few times. (The guy is like a toyota, not too pretty to look at but efficent as hell.)

Sunday's game is one of those rare occasions wen i hate being an inter fan, i'll be stuck watching inter playing away to a team thats only purpose for 90 mins will be trying not to concede and counter with the ugliest coverage avalibale to man therefore missing Chelsea v United who says love don't cost a thing

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Cre

Mexico

I hope that Ibra, quaresma and maybe maxwell take a rest and see other players. The match looks complicated and is not gonna be easy win but the team is "more" that torino so Inter win 2-1.
    We dont make football, Nosotros hacemos Fútbol!

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashid View Post
    Looking forward to the game, wud luv to see adriano start with balotelli upfront and cruz coming off the bench (don't care bout "he's finished" bs, a few months ago he saved our asses more than a few times. (The guy is like a toyota, not too pretty to look at but efficent as hell.)

Sunday's game is one of those rare occasions wen i hate being an inter fan, i'll be stuck watching inter playing away to a team thats only purpose for 90 mins will be trying not to concede and counter with the ugliest coverage avalibale to man therefore missing Chelsea v United who says love don't cost a thing
    lol, you're having a blast aren't you.

About Cruz, well he did save our ass at this fixture last season, when we somehow sneaked out of Turin with 3 full points. And he scored 3 times in that stadium last season!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Ibra and Adriano are firm starter for the CF spot under Mourinho IMO. Harsh on Crespo and Cruz....

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Italy

84 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf19 View Post
    Ibra and Adriano are firm starter for the CF spot under Mourinho IMO. Harsh on Crespo and Cruz....
    Yes but both Crespo and maybe Cruz were told that they wouldn't get much play time. They decided to stay so it's there own fault...
    ***FORZA INTER***

Follow me on Twitter
    @alessandrodiosi

Administrator of the Australian Inter page. Your welcome to join the community
    https://www.facebook.com/interaustralia

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

50 FIF Special Ones
    in FIPL ppl are giving predicitons that Ibra will score in this match, but to be honest i would give him a rest and give Adriano some minutes of play. i would like to see a good performance by Balotelli too, as i feel that figo will start in the right wing though. I would rest Quaresma too, who seemed tired in match agaisnt Panathinaikos. Even Maicon need a rest too, there is Santon who's not a bad boy for this match and could have a good performance . and maxwell is not having the condition that is needed too, so would love to see Chivu for the first apperance this yaer. and ofc that vieira needs that too..

My XI:

Julio Cesar
    Santon-Cafe-M23-Chivu
    Zanetti-------Cambiasso
    Figo-----------Mancini
    ---Adriano-Balotelli

or

Julio Cesar
    Santon-Cafe-M23-Chivu
    Zanetti--Deki--Cambiasso
    Balotelli---------Mancini
    -------Adriano--------

2-0 Inter. One goal from Adriano after a good assist by Balotelli and the other one from a great FK by Balotelli.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

50 FIF Special Ones
    I just checked the inter.it and noticed that:

Stefano Farina to ref Torino v Inter
    Friday, 19 September 2008 13:53:27

MILAN - Stefano Farina of the Nove Ligure refereeing section has been appointed to take charge of Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 3 clash at the Stadio Olimpico in Turin. He will be assisted by linesmen Liberatore and Alessandroni, with Bergonzi acting as fourth official.

Serie A Week 3 fixtures & match officials (all kick-offs on Sunday 21 September at 15:00 unless stated otherwise):
    AC Milan v Lazio (Sun 21 Sept at 20:30): Rizzoli (Bologna); Ayroldi, Lanciano; Dondarini
    Cagliari v Juventus: Brighi (Cesena); Papi, Niccolai; Valeri
    Catania v Atalanta (Sat 20 Sept at 18:00): Ciampi (Rome); Manganelli, Chiocchi; Cavarretta
    Fiorentina v Bologna: Damato (Barletta); Tonolini, Foschetti; Candussio
    Lecce v Siena: Romeo (Verona); Musolino, P.Costa; Tozzi
    Palermo v Genoa: Gava (Conegliano); Milardi, Fittante; Peruzzo
    Roma v Reggina (Sat 20 Sept at 20:30): Gervasoni (Mantua); Pirondini, Maggiani; Pierpaoli
    Sampdoria v Chievo: Ayroldi (Molfetta); Vicinanza, R.Bianchi; Banti
    Torino v Inter: Farina (Novi Ligure); Di Liberatore, Alessandroni; Bergonzi
    Udinese v Napoli: Orsato (Schio); Copelli, Stagnoli; Tommasi

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

50 FIF Special Ones
    19/09/2008 23:35
    Serie A Preview: Torino - Inter
    What: Serie A - Matchday 3
    Who: Torino (6th, 4 points) vs Internazionale (4th, 4 points)
    When: Sunday 21 September 2008, 15:00
    Where: Stadio Olimpico, Turin

Inter Looking To Keep Momentum Going

Results wise, Jose Mourinho has started his Italian adventure with Inter on the right foot. The Nerazzurri beat Roma in the Italian Supercup, have four points after their first two Serie A games, and have won their first Champions League match away to Panathinaikos.

At the same time, however, it must be said Inter were lucky on a number of occasions, and that their only truly convincing performance was against Roma. Against Catania last weekend, they came back from 1-0 down thanks to two incredibly fortunate own goals, and Panathinaikos missed a number of good chances to equalise after Amantino Mancini’s opening goal.

Of course, it’s still very early in the season and so far none of the big Italian sides have managed to impress. In fact, it’s hard to remember the last time the big Serie A teams had such a slow start to the season. Milan of course lost both league games so far against Bologna and Genoa (hardly the cream of the crop in Serie A), Roma nicked just one point out of six against Napoli and Palermo, while Juventus were held by Fiorentina and won narrowly against Udinese last weekend.

It will be interesting to see if, in the next few weeks, this very balanced situation will remain as it is or if a team will manage to grab a solitary lead in the table, like Inter did last season after beating Roma away from home on the 6th matchday. This time around, the Milan derby will be played much earlier than usual, on the 5th matchday, and it could already be an important match in the Scudetto race.

So far, Juventus have looked like the most dangerous rivals for Inter. The Bianconeri are looking in great shape and they are highly motivated. They also gave the best performance of any big Serie A team so far last Sunday against Udinese, whom they could easily have beaten by more than 1-0. Nevertheless, David Trezeguet’s injury, which will likely keep him out until December, is a big setback for Claudio Ranieri’s side.

In the away game against Torino, Mourinho will hope to see his side earn their third victory in a week, and if the recent history between these teams is anything to go by, that’s very likely to happen. Ever since Torino were last promoted to Serie A, in 2006, they have always lost to the Nerazzurri both home and away, and they have also lost their last seven home games against the current Italian champions.

Torino Out To Build On Positive Start

Last season they were one of the biggest disappointments, having signed a number of big-name players in last summer’s transfer campaign, but Torino have started the new season in convincing fashion. In their opening match against Lecce, they earned a comfortable 3-0 victory, and followed that up with a creditable 1-1 draw away to Reggina last week.

Coach Gianni De Biasi, who has been sacked an re-appointed frequently by Torino over the last few years, seems to have done a good job over the summer to give the Granata some stability and a clearer identity.

Torino still have a lot of quality throughout their squad, which on paper is good enough to challenge for a Uefa Cup spot. Last summer they also signed prolific strikers Nicola Amoruso from Reggina and Rolando Bianchi from Manchester City. Both of them opened their scoring accounts in Torino’s first two games, Amoruso last week against Reggina of all teams, and Bianchi in that opening game against Lecce.

This additional firepower may be just what Torino need to avoid another season of suffering like the last one, in which they only secured their stay in Serie A on the penultimate matchday. Avoiding getting involved in the relegation battle is the least the fans and management will expect from this team after the disappointment of last season.

The match against Inter is not the type of game where Torino will fancy their chances of getting a result, but they will surely manage to put on a good show in front of their home fans and try to frustrate Mourinho’s team. Serie A teams always seem extra motivated when they face the Nerazzurri, and it will probably be no different this time.

FORM GUIDE

Torino

14/09 (Serie A): Reggina-Torino 1-1

31/08 (Serie A): Torino-Lecce 3-0

23/08 (Coppa Italia): Torino-Brescia 2-1

09/08 (Friendly): Fulham-Torino 2-2

02/08 (Friendly): Vicenza-Torino 1-2

Inter

16/09 (Champions League): Panathinaikos-Inter 0-2

13/09 (Serie A): Inter-Catania 2-1

30/08 (Serie A): Sampdoria-Inter 1-1

24/08 (Italian Supercup): Inter-Roma 2-2 (8-7 after penalties)

15/08 (Friendly): Benfica-Inter 0-0 (4-5 after penalties)

TEAM NEWS

Torino

Only new signing Ignazio Abate is unavailable due to injury.

Possible formation (4-3-2-1): Sereni; Diana, Di Loreto, Pratali, Pisano; Zanetti, Corini, Saumel; Rosina, Amoruso; Bianchi.

Inter

Midfielder Sulley Muntari is suspended after his red card last week against Catania, while Walter Samuel, Nelson Rivas, Luis Jimenez, Dejan Stankovic, and Maxwell are all out injured. Christian Chivu will make his return from injury and play on the left side of the defence. Ricardo Quaresma may be dropped in favor of Mario Balotelli after his disappointing display against Panathinaikos.

Possible formation (4-3-3): Julio Cesar; Maicon, Cordoba, Materazzi, Chivu; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Vieira; Mancini, Ibrahimovic, Balotelli.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Alessandro Rosina (Torino)

Amoruso and Bianchi may be the ones who end up on the scoresheet most often, but it’s Rosina who provides the inspiration for Torino. The 24-year-old playmaker has perhaps not lived up to his promise completely yet, but he is a leader of this Torino team, and with 8 goals last season he was one of the team’s most prolific players. Generally, if Rosina is in good shape, Torino play well, so De Biasi will hope he stays as fit as he seems to be now for the rest of the season.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter)

Against Panathinaikos he was the man of the match, which is unusual for Ibra in the Champions League, a competition in which he has frequently failed to shine. Perhaps it is a sign he is ready to take Inter on his shoulders and lead them to European success as well. In Serie A, he has already proven to be invaluable, scoring the brace that handed Inter the Scudetto last season against Parma and 32 times overall since joining from Juventus in 2006. He has started the new season off on the right foot as well, scoring the opener against Sampdoria in the first match and providing two great assists against the Greek side.

PREDICTION

It would take a brave man to bet against Inter winning this one.

Torino-Inter 0-2

Fav. Player
    balotelli, ,zan

okay im gonna agree with the 2 mids but i say we go with a 4 2 3 1

ceasar

maicon coardoba matrix maxwell

cucho(zanetti) viera

quaresma ibra mancini

adriano

with balotelli comingin for one of the four

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

No way.
    Interista... In victory and defeat...

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Away game in Turin is always hard, regardless of the opposition. I wouldnt rest Ibra for this. Ibra can rest on Wednesday for our home game against Leece.

I cant predict the lineup. Dont think Mou is gonna play our fantastic four all together. A little bit too attacking.

If he does play the fantastic 4, then it would mean a Muntari-Chucu or Muntari-Vieira duo in the middle, leaving Zanetti out. I think J.Z. can go to LB instead of Maxwell, I will hate it if J.Z gets dropped.

Probably getting way to ahead, knowing Mourinho he will probably play a Figo-Ibra-Qauresma trio for his favorite formation.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

50 FIF Special Ones
    Looks like Maxwell has some damages, shit:

Luis Jimenez (aerobic work, strength building), Maxwell (therapy, strength building, exercises in pool) and Dejan Stankovic (circuit training, strength building) worked individually.

Fav. Player
    JZ

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by shahz_nerazzurri View Post
    If he does play the fantastic 4, then it would mean a Muntari-Chucu or Muntari-Vieira duo in the middle, leaving Zanetti out. I think J.Z. can go to LB instead of Maxwell, I will hate it if J.Z gets dropped.
    Muntari is suspended.