Thread: Lazio - Inter (6 Dec 08)

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

50 FIF Special Ones

Lazio - Inter (6 Dec 08)

After the deserved win against Napoli at home, we will be the guests of Laziale formation. Lazio was one of the best untile some weeks before, but now they're nowhere, so that's the reason I will be really scared about this match, since they will be really motivated to win that match, and they have some really good players, and especially Zarate, who's one of the bests in Serie A. I hope in a 2-0 secure win, and I hope there will be RQ77 called up, and please no Adriano...

FORZZA INTER!!

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

I'm not afraid of their attack. I afraid that we will struggle to score.
    Interista... In victory and defeat...

Fav. Player
    balotelli, ,zan

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano View Post
    I hope there will be RQ77 called up, and please no Adriano...

FORZZA INTER!!
    no adriano i hope adri starts adri is way etter than cruz

Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkinio View Post
    Yea that pretty much sums up expectations for every match so far this season.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Italy

84 Forum Supporter
    I hope this 442 trend continues...
    ***FORZA INTER***

Follow me on Twitter
    @alessandrodiosi

Administrator of the Australian Inter page. Your welcome to join the community
    https://www.facebook.com/interaustralia

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

The last match of our crazy schedule. We did excellent so far, picking up maximum points everywhere. Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    JZ

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkinio View Post
    I am really surprised that Mourinho does not try Mancini in the position he is playing Stan. Mancini's best performances for Roma has always been in a hole just behind Totti - supporting with assists and building up play - albeit he is used to a faster speed than we currently play at.

I really do feel, even though he might not have met expectations as a winger, he shud be tried as the tip of the diamond midfield.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

??? Mancini almost always used to be as a winger for Roma in their 4-2-3-1 system. The player who would fit in that hole behind Totti would be Pizzaro and sometimes Perrotta. I dont recall Mancini ever being played in the middle.

I do think that Mancini deserves some what more playing time when what he is getting right now. Why does Quaresma keep on getting chances to prove himself while Mancini doesnt?
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

The problem is integrating them into the team now. Our team currently play best football with no wingers so it is going to be difficult to put Mancini and Quaresma in.

Both of them will probably not get a chance should our team continues to do well in 4-4-2 and fails when we go 4-3-3

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Italy

84 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shahz_nerazzurri View Post
    ??? Mancini almost always used to be as a winger for Roma in their 4-2-3-1 system. The player who would fit in that hole behind Totti would be Pizzaro and sometimes Perrotta. I dont recall Mancini ever being played in the middle.
    He played a few times in a central role when Totti was injured. He did pretty well...
    ***FORZA INTER***

Follow me on Twitter
    @alessandrodiosi

Fav. Player
    JZ

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf19 View Post
    The problem is integrating them into the team now. Our team currently play best football with no wingers so it is going to be difficult to put Mancini and Quaresma in.

Both of them will probably not get a chance should our team continues to do well in 4-4-2 and fails when we go 4-3-3
    without Mancini or Quaresma firing, i dont see much chance for Inter in CL. and can anyone please explain why Mancini shud not be tried in Stan's place? He wud be more of an attacking threat.

we dont need to go back to 4-3-3 to play Mancini ... we got to change the mentality that we need to defend with 9 men to grind out victories 1-0 or 2-1.

Denmark

Mancini's game relies on speed and technique, fitting for a winger.

For a central role, you need better passing, vision and creativity than Mancini can offer.

Stankovic offers very little as well, but atleast he can contribute with his workrate in the defense.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Maybe Mourinho can figure out a two system
    4-3-3 for CL
    4-3-1-2 for Serie A

Afterall, you need to attack in CL and you need players with flair. Mancini and Quaresma can add to it more than any other players in our squad.

Fav. Player
    JZ

Quote Originally Posted by Azzkikr View Post
    Mancini's game relies on speed and technique, fitting for a winger.

For a central role, you need better passing, vision and creativity than Mancini can offer.

Stankovic offers very little as well, but atleast he can contribute with his workrate in the defense.
    Wake up man. An AM shud not be chosen on the basis of his defensive abilities.

9 men in defense?? and then we wonder why we dont score freely???

Give Mancini a chance there ... as for ur criteria for AM - on all counts Mancini is better than Stan. Passing - yeah, vision - yeah, creativity - definitely, shooting - of course.The number of assists he used to produce for Roma was always the highest for his team.

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Stubborn Poster Most Pessimistic Member
    Honestly, why do you guys keep making up numbers from your heads and act as if it was fact. Mancini RARELY ever played as an AM and if he ever did it was probably only 1 or 2 games. He also NEVER lead Roma in assists.
    Best match thread opener ever.

Fav. Player

Canada

If Cruz doesn't start then we shouldn't have any problems up front.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Italy

84 Forum Supporter
    I hope he plays at least 1 of our wingers in this game... We need to get some form happening as RQ at his best would benefit the team greatly... Give Mancini a run.
    ***FORZA INTER***

Follow me on Twitter
    @alessandrodiosi

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Italy

84 Forum Supporter
    I agree with 1919. Mancini has better vision than Stankovic so he's at least worth a try as an AM... With the likes of Muntari, Cambiasso and Zanetti in the mid, Mancini can be more offensive...
    ***FORZA INTER***

Follow me on Twitter
    @alessandrodiosi

Fav. Player
    Moratti, Mourin

Bahrain

Lazio will play Milan in the Coppa Italia tomorrow night and I'm not sure if they will field a strong team or not since it's a one leg match.

Anyway, I think that our team play much better away from the Meazza and if we manage to prevent Lazio from scoring on Saturday I can see us getting a positive result.

I don't expect Mourinho to make any major changes for this one since the team is doing well. So it's easy to predict our line-up:

---------------Julio Cesar---------------

Maicon----Cordoba----Samuel----Maxwell

----Zanetti----Cambiasso----Muntari----

----------------Stankovic--------------

------Ibrahimovic----Adriano (Cruz)------
    "Inter has always been a crazy team, they lose when they need to win and vice versa. It's in their DNA...".

Sandro Mazzola

"Why haven't I kissed the Inter shirt yet? For one reason only: first I have to win and earn the faith of all those who support me in this adventure."

Samuel Eto'o

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

oh yea Lazio play midweek. If they want to focus on Coppa and beating Milan (I hope so), they will field a relatively strong team. This might be an advantage for us on Saturday.