Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Inter - Cagliari (10 Jan 09)

Fav. Player
    Nicolooo

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I made two points earlier and both had a factor here.

I wanted Acquafresca to impress and he did score. Of course he missed an absolute sitter as well.

The pitch was terrible. So many players were slipping and Samuel's slip gave them a goal as well. Hope the pitch doesn't stay this bad for the rest of the season.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Great game to watch for the neutral, but again we were ridiculously poor. Can't even make five consecutive passes without hoofing a longball, and it's not as if Cagliari had ten men defending, they were actually quite optimictic in their play.

We had our chances and could of easily won had Ibra scored his chances, or Muntari, Crespo, Cruz. Everyone missed today but fact is Cagliari had probably worse missses and better chances than we did, and they were by far the better team in the last 15 when we should be the ones rushing to get a result.

It's quite embarrassing that we can't pass our way through a Cagliari team when we have better players in 10 positions.

We invited Juve and Milan to the party.
    Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.

Dr. Napoleon Hill

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

50 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall2008 View Post
    WTF are smoking. No team has ever gone 19-0-0 at home! This is football! You win some and draw some.
    I'm not looking for a 19-0-0 result of our home matches ofc, but we already lost some points. i just meant we MUST win these "easy teams" or we gonna fucked. We shouldn't win only derbies and the aways matches.

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Italy

84 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by XL View Post

We invited Juve and Milan to the party.

"Did you say party?"...
    ***FORZA INTER***

Follow me on Twitter
    @alessandrodiosi

Administrator of the Australian Inter page. Your welcome to join the community
    https://www.facebook.com/interaustralia

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

That's funny, dude. Thx for cheering me up!
    Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.

Dr. Napoleon Hill

Jimmy
    Again, I wanna know the guy who said Cruz doesn't dive was. He must be the biggest idiot of us all.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrodiosi View Post

"Did you say party?"...
    This made ma day after this draw

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

lol
    Interista... In victory and defeat...

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Again, I wanna know the guy who said Cruz doesn't dive was. He must be the biggest idiot of us all.
    I was that guy But, you really shouldn't call names. I watched probably 100-150 games(maybe more) of Cruz and he never dived.
    Interista... In victory and defeat...

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Our team should treat this game as a defeat
    It was clear Cagliari should have won this match

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrodiosi View Post

"Did you say party?"...
    HAahAHAHAA and the picture fits so well! LOL
    thanks...

players should really start playing from the START of the game, not only after we let 1 in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Plan B please
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Fav. Player
    JZ

Poland

@Sandrodiosi: priceless

Fav. Player
    Barella, Hakimi

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkinio View Post
    I was that guy But, you really shouldn't call names. I watched probably 100-150 games(maybe more) of Cruz and he never dived.
    Cruz has always dived.

XL got it right, it's sad our passing is so poor. Another factor is the movement, or more like lack of it. Our players should move more to empty spacesin the offensive zone. It's hard to pass when there's no one else to pass than Quaresma on the wing, Quaresma who can't do anything else with the ball than just keep it and keep it and then cross it horribly.

Fav. Player
    Maicon, Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by Hammoudi View Post
    I think the break hurt us, we were a little slow at the beginning. But we still lead the table, the league is tough and our rivals will slip as well.

Stan's loss hurt us. Ibra? I thought he was good, he scored an important goal. Now we must focus on our next game.

Janurary reinforcements? I think the team is great as it is, we are leading the table after all.
    . That was class.

I didnt watch the game. I had the most horrible day ever. Was stuck at airport for 3 hours, and was denied boarding in Pakistan, because my connecting flight to Toronto was from Paris, and my travel agent had not informed me that I need a transit visa for Paris.

But from the comments, it seemed good that I didnt watch this game.
    CAMPIONE D' ITALIA 2008-2009.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by shahz_nerazzurri View Post
    . That was class.

I didnt watch the game. I had the most horrible day ever. Was stuck at airport for 3 hours, and was denied boarding in Pakistan, because my connecting flight to Toronto was from Paris, and my travel agent had not informed me that I need a transit visa for Paris.

But from the comments, it seemed good that I didnt watch this game.
    you're defintly a lucky guy .

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Response from Mourinho

Jose Mourinho admits his Inter aren't performing up to their standards and puts the blame on injuries and bans.

“It seems that when my team had balance and all the players with the right characteristics for their roles, they did very well,” he said of their eight consecutive Serie A victories, a run ended by tonight's 1-1 draw with Cagliari.

“It is natural that sometimes players will be suspended and we cannot play with the same line-up two weeks in a row.

“Many of you may say that shouldn't be a problem with a squad as large as Inter's, but once you find your balance, then even one missing can make a difference.”

Douglas Maicon sat out a ban and Dejan Stankovic was injured for the San Siro match and Mourinho repeatedly changes his tactics.

“It was not a positive first half and we were playing our best football when Cagliari scored. I took this risk because sometimes that is needed when you have to equalise, although it can make you lose 2-0 or 3-0, too.

“Cagliari did well and threatened on the counter-attack. It was a bit of a strange match.

“It is true we struggle against teams who play with a great deal of intensity, as we are not the fastest side in the world and it is easier for us when we can set the tempo.”

Hernan Crespo was the substitute who really made the difference and set up the equaliser for Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“Crespo has always played regularly, coming off the bench and giving his contribution. I respect him, he is a great professional and will certainly get his chances.”

Considering a scraped and controversial 2-1 win over Siena before the Christmas break and this stalemate, Inter are not in the best form approaching February's Champions League tie.

“Considering the way we played today, then no we are not good enough to beat Manchester United, or indeed anyone else,” added Mourinho.

“My experience tells me these are moments a team goes through and the Champions League is all about luck of arriving at that appointment with all your players in good form.”

The former Chelsea boss also responded to Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez's complaints about pressure on referees at Old Trafford.

“I played at Old Trafford many times, including a few wins, and never saw anything strange. It is only normal that a referee will feel under pressure in an atmosphere like that with 80,000 people.”

Mario Balotelli was frozen out of the squad once again and Mourinho warned this situation would not be sorted out quickly.

“Mario is not indolent. He is a nice lad, but I don't like what he is bringing to the team right now and how he works during the week. It is not laziness, but nor is it the right attitude for a young player who wants to make his mark.

“This is an important club and he has to change his approach, because there are so many talents here and a Coach has to be honest and give the chances to those who deserve them.”

Mourinho is the guy who 100% takes the blame for that result..

1)..Fist half..Inter's left flank invisible..Why the hell did both Chivu and Maxwell,2 defenders,played there??..No creativity from that flank for all the first half,at least when Quaresma played there we created some chances and he provided some crosses..

2)...Substitution of both Cordoba and Samuel==>Chivu all alone at the center of our defense==>Cagliari created and missed incredible chances..The fact that the Sardinians didn't score doesn';t mean anything..We had been the luckiest team in the world by the time both Samuel and Cordoba were substituted..

3)..lack of concentration by the coach plus poor preparation for this match..All this period he did nothing by commenting on the English championship and revealing how many years had Arsenal to win the EPL or if Liverpool can remain at the first place till the end..I don't remember the Cagliari coach having such concerns for abroad football..The only words the other tactician said is that his side is capable to cause problems to Inter..Today,we saw who was right..

Hope tomorrow juve chrashes Siena Mourinho wakes up again..
    Enough..

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Saudi Arabia

42 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We haven't performed well since mid October. I was expecting us to lose some points under this performance.

Kudos for Quaresma for performing positively today.

Today, Mourinho made a couple of tactical mistakes after Cagliari's goal.

We played the second half with this formation

Zanetti- Chivu - Samuel - Maxwell
    -------- Cambi ------ Muntari ----------
    Quaresma--------------------- Figo
    --------- Ibra ------- Cruz -------------

After he made the subs
    Samuel <-> Mancini
    Figo <-> Crespo

He changed our formation to look something similar to this, and it seemed a bit awkward.

------- Zanetti - Chivu ----- Maxwell
    Mancini ---------------------------------
    --------- Cambi ----- Muntari ---------
    RQ ---------------- Cruz ----------------
    ---------------------------- Crespo------
    ------------ Ibra--------------------------

The biggest reason we lost the ball so fast after this formation is because we lacked attacking from the sides which led us to playing the balls into the middle and then losing the balls cause they had more players.

Figo's sub was wrong, as he could have been critical for us in crosses, and he was generally doing well. Mancini did nothing since he came on, he was our worst player on the pitch.

Maybe Mourniho lost his gamble that the team will rebound after their goal and will start pressing from the middle, while Cagliari held the ball well and made a couple of good attacks which could've caused us the loss of the point we hardly gained.

Anyway, the result is undeserved if we look at our horrible performance. Cagliari made a couple of odd misses, Acqua and number 8 missed those chances.

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    If Mancini was still our coach : "WE RAN THE GAME"

anybody feels Jimenez should have played tonight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Plan B please
    NULLA IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

Jimmy
    Screw it, I am gonna watch a documentary and let my cat in, than reading the post-comments. It depresses me.