Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New defender needed?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

New defender needed?

Well now that Adani and Cannavaro have left for 'other' clubs Inter is left with only 4 central defenders:

1)Cordoba - Our best defender,first team player

2)Materazzi - Quite good but his violent side isn't,probably first team

3)Burdisso - A good prospect not much experience,will probably be first team back up

4)Mihajlovic - Possibly past his sell by date,but experienced,last back up

Last year with 5 defenders we just survived and this year we have 4 without our big name defender,our tough man defender and our reliable defender,replaced by a good but unexperienced defender and a not very liked and older player.

So do you think we need a new central defender?

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Adriano and Ibr

Re: New defender needed?

Quote Originally Posted by I Love Inter!
    Well now that Adani and Cannavaro have left for 'other' clubs Inter is left with only 4 central defenders:

1)Cordoba - Our best defender,first team player

2)Materazzi - Quite good but his violent side isn't,probably first team

3)Burdisso - A good prospect not much experience,will probably be first team back up

4)Mihajlovic - Possibly past his sell by date,but experienced,last back up

Last year with 5 defenders we just survived and this year we have 4 without our big name defender,our tough man defender and our reliable defender,replaced by a good but unexperienced defender and a not very liked and older player.

So do you think we need a new central defender?

Fabio
    I think we do need new defender but I`m not sure that mancini do.
    I think that he will use one of the primavera defender,or sorondo
    anyway now we will need Mihalovic
    I HATE MOGGI

Ofcourse if Canna leaves , which isn't really confirmed yet , we need a new Central Defender , which is Chivu i hope or who else? what do you guys think ?
    Campioni D' Italia !!!!!!

"It's an immense emotion" Roberto Mancini after the 15th Scudetto

"we'll win one thing at a time. Everything is special when you win, winning is always nice, especially at a team like Inter." Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Lets be realistic, the reason canna left was his wage was high for us.

Why would we go and buy Chivu now for abotu 20 million. Roma will never let him go cheap.

And according to reports, Sorondo is now all set for england. Gamarra is the one who is most likely to return to us.

A) Canna is not a Bianconero yet.

B) We have Sorondo.

C) Reason why we were catastrophically short in defence last season was because Zac used 3 CBs not 2 CBs like Cuper.

D) Hence 5 defenders plus a youngster from our factory might be enough.

Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    Adriano and Ibr

Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    A) Canna is not a Bianconero yet.
    It`s just a metther of time
    I HATE MOGGI

Im beginning to think that IF Cannavaro leaves we will not buy a replacement and simply keep Sorondo.

We would have:

Cordoba
    Materazzi
    Burdisso
    Mihajlovic
    Sorondo
    Young talent
    to cover if needed.

Not that I hope this will happen but I predict it will IF we offload Cannavaro.

Jimmy
    Were in need of a pacy central defender in that case. Having Materazzi, Miha and Sorondo in the same team has to be the slowest defence ever.

But theres no one on the market for freak sake.

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

Bonera is still for sale. Italian and a great young player. But he is more of a hybrid FB/CB right now than just a pure CB. He needs to work on heading and Marking, and positionning.

Jimmy
    I find Bonera extremely overrated. Not even the Parma fans consider him to be a great defender. He can become one for sure. But I think hes one of those who will remain a great talent until he retires.

I just dont know which one that is cheap, good and on the market. Unlike most of you, I would actually look for a partner to Cordoba rather than having to rely on Materazzi.

If big IF Canna leaves I dont think we need a replacement for Materazzi. We would need a replacement for Cannavaro who we sold. And I consider Cannavaro backup to Materazzi.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Unlike most of you, I would actually look for a partner to Cordoba rather than having to rely on Materazzi.
    I totally agree with you. Indeed, I am also saying the same thing. If Mancini is relying on Burdisso, then I guess he will be doing a big mistake. However talented Burdisso is, it's not good to keep him in big pressure right away in a completely new league. He might have done well in Argentina and one match against AC Milan, but that doesn't mean that he will do very well straight away.

Still, who knows, lets hope that he surprises us. I just can't find one defender to replace Cannavaro, what's Inter gonna do now ??

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

If we sell Cannavaro then we are really screwed in the back. I don't think Sorondo will be kept. He and Ventola will probably go to England. Letting Adani go is really looking like a stupid decision now. We also didn't resign Gamarra so he isn't with the team anymore.

Anywayz I seriously don't see who we could sign as a good replacement for Cannavaro. I'm sure Burdisso is the replacement but we are still low in the back with only 4 CBs. Maybe we should try to sign Juan from Bayer Leverkusen? Metzelder is probably too expensive plus it would probably be hard to make a quick deal.

I was thinking of Kompany, but I hear he isn't really fast. Though I'm guessing he would be the best player to get. Maybe we could include Eliakwu in the deal (bring him back from his loan deal)

Anywayz I really doubt that Roma would be willing to sell Chivu. Though with Roma in mind maybe we could swoop for Dellas? He played really well in the Euros and he is a hot prospect ever since. Perhaps we could include a want away or 2 and lower his price?

Other than those players I seriously don't have a clue who we could sign.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by BDragon2k2
    I was thinking of Kompany, but I hear he isn't really fast. Though I'm guessing he would be the best player to get. Maybe we could include Eliakwu in the deal (bring him back from his loan deal)
    Let me remind you that KOMPANY is Champs League tied.
    He's already played for Anderlecht against Benfica, in the Champs League qualifier.

Quote Originally Posted by BDragon2k2
    I don't think Sorondo will be kept.
    Why not? :confused2:

Let's face the facts...Inter will not buy one more defender, Simply because it was the plan to of load Cannavaro. Then Inter would have bought one. I think that Cordoba will play in Cannavaro's position, alongside Burdisso. Then Matrix and Mihaj will be the first subs. And Sorondo will probertly leave for England.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano
    Simply because it was the plan to of load Cannavaro.
    Are you sure we have a plan?

yep we have a stupid plan

A stupid plan is better than no plan?

Fav. Player
    LUIS FIGO

Your plan makes no logical sense. Its likely that Inter would buy a defender after the sale of Canna, b/c if they did it before Canna's sale, then Canna's price would be driven down b/c Juve know Inter need to get rid of him. On the other hand, right now, Juve have to offer what we want, which is still low.