Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Riccardo Meggiorini

Fav. Player
    balotelli, ,zan

Riccardo Meggiorini

does anyone know if we still own him because today he had a quartet in serie b and has 10 goals so far in that league

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

"It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Fav. Player
    Balotelli, Cout

Yeah, he is doing pretty well. With his 4 goals last weekend he is standing pretty high in the topscorer list from the Serie B. He has 10 while the topscorer has 13 goals.

I hope he can continue like this. We have so many great talents!
    Iván "BamBam" Zamorano, 1+8
    StraordiMario Balotelli

Fav. Player
    Balotelli, Cout

His 4 goals yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y91ompN0uBo

If he continues like this, we might have another nice player coming up. He is a good header and good finisher. But it's hard to say yet....ofcourse he still has to grow much.

I really hope Balotelli will feel the breath of all our talented strikers in his neck. He makes no chance when he continues like this.
    StraordiMario Balotelli

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

How old is he?
    Interista... In victory and defeat...

Fav. Player
    Balotelli, Cout

Shame that the topic title isn't right and that the openingspost doesn't tell much...I think a opening of a topic like this way really sucks.

I will make a new try

Riccardo Meggiorini is born on 4 september 1985 in Isola della Scala. His nickname is Meggio.

He started his carreer at Bovolone but Inter already spotted him pretty early, so he continueded the rest of his youth at Inter.

He was the first player that was given a chance by Mancini from the youth. He made his debut on 14 november 2004 during the match Cagliari v Inter in the Serie A.

In 2005 he was loaned to Spezia (Serie C1) for half a season, the other season he was loaned to Pavia (Serie C1).
    In 2006 he went to Cittadella (Serie C1). He had a bit a difficult start, but started to play more often after a while.
    Now in the season 2008/2009 Cittadella came back in the Serie B (currently 14th with 28 points) he is doing better than ever, and is topscorer of Cittadella with only 3 goals behind the topscorer of the Serie B. Cittadella has scored 25 goals, so with 10 of Meggiorini he is very important to the team.

He also played a few games for Italy -19 and Italy -20. Perhaps he could wait for a new call soon.

StraordiMario Balotelli

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

Thanks for the info.
    Too old for Inter.

Fav. Player
    Balotelli, Cout

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkinio View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    Too old for Inter.
    23 years is too old for Inter? wtf?....
    StraordiMario Balotelli

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

I meant that he is too old to improve and play for team like Inter. You can be 18-20 and come from Primavera, 21-23 from team like Cagliari. But 23 y/o guy from Serie B? I don't think so.

Fav. Player
    Balotelli, Cout

I meant that he is too old to improve and play for team like Inter. You can be 18-20 and come from Primavera, 21-23 from team like Cagliari. But 23 y/o guy from Serie B? I don't think so.
    Why not? Is this a new rule? I never heard of it.

You can even improve when your about 30 years. Every time players go to training and play matches they learn. The more they learn and the more talented they are, the more they can improve. There is always space to improve, and specially also when you're 23 years young.

Perhaps I should give a example: Luca Toni.
    StraordiMario Balotelli

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

Any other examples?

Fav. Player
    Balotelli, Cout

Any other examples?
    Amauri, and sure there are a lot more. But I don't need to give more examples, because it's useless to compare them.

Meggiorini must do it all by himself and it doesn't help if Toni went trough the same. It's just that Meggio has still every chance to make it and he is doing more than well this year. That this is his best year (even his first in the Serie B) only means that he has made progress, even being aged 23.....and he is still learning, I'm sure.
    StraordiMario Balotelli

Any other examples?
    Diego Milito played in Serie B when he was 25.

Tommaso Rocchi played in Serie C for a very long time, after that he was in Serie B with Empoli when he was 24 years old.

Di Natale's journey to Serie A was similar to Rocchi's

Luca Toni and Amauri is already mentioned.

The list is long, do you want me to continue?

Just kidding, lets go with the "if you're not under 20 and famous in FM you're shit"- methods, probably better.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

Thanks for the examples. I would like to have all starting 11 formed by academy players. But, i'm firmly sure that it is not the case in current situation.

Sergio Floccari might become a player like those mentioned. Stuck in Serie B for a long time without really impressing. Have played in Serie A for a couple of seasons now and just started looking like a class forward this season. Now he's being followed by Roma and Juventus and he'll most likely join one of them next season.

I've never seen Meggiorini, maybe he's very average, but saying that he'll never become anything just because he's playing in Serie B at the age of 23 is just dumb.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano, Ib

tonyloo, it's nice to have such informed poster around. Please, post more often.

All these examples are just the thing that happens pretty rare. Most football players blossom between age 17-24.

Fav. Player
    JZ.

Egypt

you can add Di Vaio to that list.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

In Italy players often mature at a relatively high age. Many a story have been like this.

Meggiorini might prove enough, or not, but keeping 50% of him is in no way a bad thing. Although I'd like him to get into Serie A soon if anything will come of him.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Fav. Player
    bobooooo (until

this is the case mostly with italian players, because in serie a teams don't field their youngster very often, but they loan them to smaller clubs in lower leagues. in england or spain, not to mention netherlands, players play for first teams as young as 18 or some even less, and are fully developed players at 22.

it italy takes them much longer to make a big hit.

of course there are exceptions, the latest of them cassano and gilardino, but they arent exactly world-class
    Impazzisco per te, questo e canto d'amor
    che mi viene dal cuor, FORZA INTER ALEEE.

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti,Cuchu

Kosovo

i saw the video when he scored 4 goals , and sincerely he looks very good finisher i think he deserves a serie A team like Cagliari whatever even though we cant judge just from a youtube video (RQ7) but he looks promising
    Marco Materazzi :“Now I can finally write this, because I wrote it on a contract: I’ll be Inter for life,”