Thread: FIFA and Irish FA Experiment Sin-Bin

43 times
    Fav. Player

It will be very interesting to see how this works, something has to be done to the current system. Too many players commiting cynical fouls and taking the yellow card, this will make them think twice.

2,358 times
    Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Even I found the idea stupid. But then one thing in there makes sense. "The team against which the foul is made should gain something from it, and not other teams who will face later on." Not a bad idea surely.

5,114 times

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Do they really want to turn football to ballet?

Muntari: Excuse me Beckham, may I please take the ball? If I hack you down I'd get sent off.

9 times
    Fav. Player
    bobooooo (until

hell no!!!

it wouldnt work in italy, coz the referees are too biased. for this kind of system to work you need very fair referees otherwise it turns into a fucking joke (like the austrian hockey league). with these rules it isn't that easy for a referee to show a red card, wjile they throw yellows around like candys. we'd play just with 8 men in the finish of the derby
    86' N. Burdisso
    88' P. Vieira
    90' C. Chivu
    Impazzisco per te, questo e canto d'amor
    che mi viene dal cuor, FORZA INTER ALEEE.

2,037 times
    Fav. Player

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Totally against it.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name

If this happens, forget about the glorious combacks in the final seconds of the game inwhich everyone is fighting for the ball and inwhich fouls are committed which are yellow-carded.

The idea is good, but I think it is better to keep the ongoing system rather than change it to that. This means that players will not get a first chance in this new system, an automatic expulsion for a period of time means a change of momentum in a high-adrenaline game.

Refs have the power to assert their authority from the beginning of the game, the first hint of a bad tackle early on gets yellow carded, or even a not-so-serious tackle can get yellow carded and the players will know that this guy means business, that works most of the time, OHH where art thou Colina??

10 times
    Fav. Player

It works in hockey and it's great, wouldn't mind seeing it. Ten minutes it too much though, and it might open up the play.

The problem would then be what merits a yellow card and a stint at the sin bin.

I say if you commit a foul after a yellow, you are off for 5 min; next foul, you are red carded.

5 minutes in football is a lot

4 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano, Recoba

And what did that possibly have to do with this topic? (Nevermind, the guy that posted it deleted the Chinese joke thing.)

Either way back to the topic, this rule seems fair but very complicated, it would also kill us since we have developed a very muscly way to win matches, resulting in us playing pretty tough and getting a lot of yellow cards, two seasons ago anyone? We had the record for the most yellow cards in a season.
    GRANDE INTER, Amore Mio!

Dear Santa, the past year, you took my favorite singer, Michael Jackson and my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze.
    I want you to know for the next year, that Milan is my favorite oldie, and Juventus is my favorite bitch.