Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105112113114115116 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2315

Thread: Questions/Suggestions

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    You don't have to open a thread for that, just ask Brehme in a private message, he's an encyclopedia.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    You don't have to open a thread for that, just ask Brehme in a private message, he's an encyclopedia.
    Maybe he don't want an outdated encyclopedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

3. Thanks (3): 100%, Devious, MVD

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    I can't trust the footballing knowledge of someone who's advocating for inter to change to 4312 atm coz he thinks it's best for us, someone who thinks an icardi-_piatek striking partnership will work and someone who thinks adriano and vieri are extremely similar.

5. Thanks (1): wera

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    I can't trust the footballing knowledge of someone who's advocating for inter to change to 4312 atm coz he thinks it's best for us, someone who thinks an icardi-_piatek striking partnership will work and someone who thinks adriano and vieri are extremely similar.
    He is the best football poster of this forum.
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    He is the best football poster of this forum.
    That's doesn't mean anything, awards doesn't give you the true picture of quality.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Ok ask me then, I'll Google it for you.

They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

10. Thanks (2): KevinB, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster

I said 4-3-1-2 is the way to go after summer.

I'll briefly explain why since you keep bringing it up

1) Everyone tries to press higher up these days. A 4-3-1-2 is the best system out there to a) make high pressing seem ineffective and thus b) means that you can hit the other team on the break with ease. c) You can still press them up high with your numbers and mobility from the middle and force the opposing team to start building up from their full backs which is the worst possible solution for any team out there because i) it leaves them with one of their worst passers having the ball, ii) in an isolated place with usually at best 2 choices - a winger and a central midfielder or center back and ocassionally a 3rd option in the keeper.

2) Having two lethal strikers when the aim is to keep the possession - which is why you have the volume of 3-4 people in the middle is better than having one. That also means that you have less defensive markings per attacker, meaning more open spaces that you can exploit. And with two scoring players up front, it means that at least one of them will have lots of chances.

3) The only major disadvantage of this formation is that it can be caught distracted by a slow build up as defensive switches may not always be extremely accurate. The good part is that most teams are trying to move the ball forward in a very fast manner, while in Serie A the quality to outplay a strong 4-3-1-2 is just not there.

4) We love these short passes but our distances are vast, so sometimes our midfield is either too high up or too deep, so we leave a shitload of empty space and then kick the ball to Perisic or Politano and expect them to play a 1-2, a quick pass or something, which tends to cause us to lose possession for no reason. Short passes requires a more compact system and a packed midfield gives you that.

5) Making the pitch appear wider by playing to the wings is beneficial only if the other team's strength lies in the middle. If your middle is superior, that's pretty much an irrelevant factor.

As I said, I'm a fan of the 4-2-3-1 but I don't see it working at Inter.

We do not play to Icardi's strengths, we do not play to our midfield's strengths, we do not have the wingers to pull it off apart from Perisic and we do not have the required defensive protection from the middile which leaves us exposed to teams that have a swift passing display.

We are 5 players short of having a great 4-2-3-1 system (LB, MC, AMC, RW and a DM and I'm not including the RB in Vrsaljko). On the other hand, we can manage with Asamoah as a left back in a 4-3-1-2 because he'll have more cover from the left sided MC, so we're only going to need an MC, an AM and a ST and at the same time we'll have to sell Perisic which is part of the plan. And he is the main reason we're playing a 4-2-3-1. If we sell him and look for another 4 wingers it's gonna be an insane move.

And I never suggested that our current team is built for a 4-3-1-2 because that'd be suicidal. I merely suggested that our summer mercato should look to strengthen our roster with the notion that we will start using that formation. I said that I feel our best formation currently is a 4-4-2 with Keita used as a forward in rotation with Lautaro.

12. Thanks (3): abuali, Devious, MVD

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I said 4-3-1-2 is the way to go after summer.

I'll briefly explain why since you keep bringing it up

1) Everyone tries to press higher up these days. A 4-3-1-2 is the best system out there to a) make high pressing seem ineffective and thus b) means that you can hit the other team on the break with ease. c) You can still press them up high with your numbers and mobility from the middle and force the opposing team to start building up from their full backs which is the worst possible solution for any team out there because i) it leaves them with one of their worst passers having the ball, ii) in an isolated place with usually at best 2 choices - a winger and a central midfielder or center back and ocassionally a 3rd option in the keeper.

2) Having two lethal strikers when the aim is to keep the possession - which is why you have the volume of 3-4 people in the middle is better than having one. That also means that you have less defensive markings per attacker, meaning more open spaces that you can exploit. And with two scoring players up front, it means that at least one of them will have lots of chances.

3) The only major disadvantage of this formation is that it can be caught distracted by a slow build up as defensive switches may not always be extremely accurate. The good part is that most teams are trying to move the ball forward in a very fast manner, while in Serie A the quality to outplay a strong 4-3-1-2 is just not there.

4) We love these short passes but our distances are vast, so sometimes our midfield is either too high up or too deep, so we leave a shitload of empty space and then kick the ball to Perisic or Politano and expect them to play a 1-2, a quick pass or something, which tends to cause us to lose possession for no reason. Short passes requires a more compact system and a packed midfield gives you that.

5) Making the pitch appear wider by playing to the wings is beneficial only if the other team's strength lies in the middle. If your middle is superior, that's pretty much an irrelevant factor.

As I said, I'm a fan of the 4-2-3-1 but I don't see it working at Inter.

We do not play to Icardi's strengths, we do not play to our midfield's strengths, we do not have the wingers to pull it off apart from Perisic and we do not have the required defensive protection from the middile which leaves us exposed to teams that have a swift passing display.

We are 5 players short of having a great 4-2-3-1 system (LB, MC, AMC, RW and a DM and I'm not including the RB in Vrsaljko). On the other hand, we can manage with Asamoah as a left back in a 4-3-1-2 because he'll have more cover from the left sided MC, so we're only going to need an MC, an AM and a ST and at the same time we'll have to sell Perisic which is part of the plan. And he is the main reason we're playing a 4-2-3-1. If we sell him and look for another 4 wingers it's gonna be an insane move.

And I never suggested that our current team is built for a 4-3-1-2 because that'd be suicidal. I merely suggested that our summer mercato should look to strengthen our roster with the notion that we will start using that formation. I said that I feel our best formation currently is a 4-4-2 with Keita used as a forward in rotation with Lautaro.
    Now look at this ideology guys and tell him something coz am tired of arguing.

Greece

Now look at this ideology guys and tell him something coz am tired of arguing.
    I can't trust the football knowledge of someone who cannot argue about football and point out his disagreement in a proper manner.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Do you trust me, Brehme?

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    100%

18. Thanks (3): Candreva Crosses, Devious, MVD

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I can't trust the football knowledge of someone who cannot argue about football and point out his disagreement in a proper manner.
    How am i improper ?

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Da fuck happened these last 2 days? OR was i the only one who could not access the forums?
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

It's being a bit slow the last couple of days, at least for me
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

How am i improper ?
    Saying "someone else tell him something coz I'm tired of arguing" - when you haven't really argued apart from 1 post which had to be disected into paragraphs to be read - is not really proper manners. You have made 1 reply and then twice just decided to indirectly call me delusional or whatever instead of stating where you disagree with.

Anyhow, not the correct thread for this. You can continue this at either the Mercato or Formations thread.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Can we update the badge on our header? We haven't use that badge in 8 years.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    Can we update the badge on our header? We haven't use that badge in 8 years.

Not sure about the headline there but I think we should point that out, that FIF is the biggest English-speaking Inter community.

We should also change the yellow that's used throughout the forum (#AA9944), it's way off. I can help with replacing icons and stuff if some Admin wants to do that.

Old (#aa9944)
    New (#a29260)

(Colours dont seem to match on the preview but that's because I made a screenshot of the page, they're correct on the header itself so they match)

Here's also the tile for the right side:

Here's some recolored icons:

Last edited by Wobblz; 11 Jan 19 at 13:49.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

27. Thanks (8): ADRossi, Devious, eduzee, K.I., KevinB, MVD, nurko, _OC_

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Thats great, u can keep the FIF in gold though

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Was it not Verathia who made the logo for our 10th anniversary
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    Thats great, u can keep the FIF in gold though
    Nah, I'd prefer to keep it one colour, not a fan of the FIF in gold.

Was it not Verathia who made the logo for our 10th anniversary
    Yeah.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

32. Thanks (2): K.I., MVD