Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter's appeal in the transfer market

Denmark

Inter's appeal in the transfer market

Ribery isnt a possible signing.

He will be very expensive and bigger and more attractive clubs will surely want him as well. He is already at Bayern, a club with more european credential than us, i doubt he would want to move to a worse club than he is already at. Surely england or Barca is 5 times as appealing as going to the dull serie a.

Unless he has some desire to go to Inter, which i havent heard of, there is next to no chance we can sign him. We cant attract players of his calibre. He would want a club where all his attacking contribution can be utilized and he would have the players around him that allow him to play the kinda he likes and that can never happen at Inter because of the way we play.

Besides that, i heard he wants Barca and there is talk about a pre-contract already.

Should be the perfect destination for a player like him really.

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Stubborn Poster Most Pessimistic Member
    Guys listen to the ass. He's Mr. Right after all. We can't sign any good players because we're a bunch of losers coached by The Average One. We're on our way to winning our 4th straight Mickey Mouse Cup and have the worst midfield out of any big club in Europe. We should re-adjust our entire way of thinking because we can't sign the likes of Aguero or Ribery, because even though we spent 60 million Euros last summer that's 6 times more than we will spend this summer.
    Best match thread opener ever.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by shahz_nerazzurri View Post
    The discussions over here are retarded, you cant expect me to take it seriously.

Also what Ribery said was just trying to give out small hints that he wanted to leave Bayern. What he said doesnt even make proper sense, he plays behind two strikers, he should be helping out in midfield. If Bayern just wanted to use him as an attacking threat, they would play him behind a single striker, and add another player to their midfield.
    Ribery plays as winger in Bayern, not behind two strikers.

Nyall, you haven't probably followed football world so many years if you can't understand Azzkikr's points. Inter just isn't attractive for star players in Europe as long as we keep stumbling in CL. Mourinho is a factor when it comes to his old players, but there aren't many which I would take to Inter and they aren't moving (Lampard, Essien).

edit. Though I have to say our Argentina-community in our squad can probably attract some Argentinean players in some extent. Not that there are many which are good enough and realistic targets.

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Stubborn Poster Most Pessimistic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Nyall, you haven't probably followed football world so many years if you can't understand Azzkikr's points. Inter just isn't attractive for star players in Europe as long as we keep stumbling in CL. Mourinho is a factor when it comes to his old players, but there aren't many which I would take to Inter and they aren't moving (Lampard, Essien).

edit. Though I have to say our Argentina-community in our squad can probably attract some Argentinean players in some extent. Not that there are many which are good enough and realistic targets.
    That statement is complete bullshit! Real Madrid haven't made it passed the 1st knowckout round in like 6 years and they can still sign big players. Bayern didn't even qualify for the UCL and they signed Ribery. We're constantly linked to key players, have you ever heard a player rejecting us because we're too small of a club?! It's bull shit! Hell didn't Chivu choose us over Barca and Real? Didn't Suazo choose us over then UCL Champions Milan?! Inter can sign any player they are willing to spend money on and the player has interest of leaving their club. There's a reason despite us flopping time and time again we're always one of the UCL contenders.

Denmark

Madrid is a special case.

They have all the money in the world and is historicaly the biggest club in the world with the most CL trophies as well.

Not comparable in any way.

and at us being CL contenders, i hope that was a joke.
    Last edited by Azzkikr; 08 Mar 09 at 19:27.

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

If being in the 8 top seeded teams and also having the 3rd best odds according to bookmakers of the 32 teams in a competition does not make you a contender then I honestly don't know what will.

Denmark

Constantly crashing out in the first knockout round year after year and having a vastly inferior squad to the elite clubs in europe certainly doesnt speak for it.

Bookmakers odds mean nothing. Inter has next to no CL credibility whatsoever. We are a minor club in this regard, no point denying that.

These are the hard facts that most inter fans doesnt want to realise, but that doesnt change the fact that this is the truth.

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

WIll you stop posting your opinion as facts! They're not facts. Inter does not have a vastly inferior squad when compared to any "elite" European team. The best team in the world couldn't score against our defense, even though you ran your ass of saying they would humiliate us.

Oh and bookmakers odds mean ALOT as they determine a league's contenders and pretenders based on an intelligent study. Here's a fact, Inter are CONTENDERS for the UCL. No matter how much you may disagree and think it's rubbish.

You're so full of shit it's ridiculous. Your opinion is NOT the truth but is simply your opinion.

Denmark

Give me a break, us crashing out of the CL year after year IS a fact.

Newsflash kiddo, doing well in the CL makes you an attractive club, doing well in serie a only, which is miles behind EPL, doesnt.

Anyways, what i said is true. No one regards us as a CL contender, only some biased fans.

We have an incredibly long way to go before we can be considered among the absolute best in europe.

We have 3 maybe 4 players in our squad that can considered top class players, rest is a bunch of nobodies or has-beens that would be nowhere near the squad of the biggest teams in europe.

The difference in player potential between us and the biggest EPL and spanish clubs is extremely big.

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

I woulndt call Serie A miles behind EPL, if you look at the players who have won the ballon d or in recent years only one player has played in the EPL and that is C.Ronaldo. Kaka, Cannavaro, Schevchenko (sp?) are players that have won it and played in Serie A. EPL has been the better side for 2 years in CL but milan still managed to win it during the 06/07 season.

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

- Real Madrid have done it longer than us. FACT
    - To a fan then probably. But to players then no. (Ronaldinho choose to take a pay cut to play in Serie A)
    - The only thing the EPL is ahead of Serie A in is the fact that it's more marketed.
    - You're a a dumb ass if you keep saying that no one regards us as a contender. You don't put non-contenders into a top 8 seeders pot. Bookmakers don't give non-contenders such high odds.
    Just because something is your opinion does not mean it's fact. And just because one member out of an entire forum agrees with your idiocy all the fucking time does not mean that everyone thinks you're right.

- Inter are already considered one of the best in Europe. We simply need to get lucky to be able to win the UCL.

Denmark

What have real madrid done longer than us? We reached one semi-final with cuper, other than that we havent done anything in 50 years. Madrid have won it 3 times within last 11 years, what on earth are you talking about here

And Ronaldinho chose milan, because its a high profile club, even outside italy (unlike us) with great history in europe. Unlike us, Milan have plenty of european credential.

And no one considers Inter force in europe, apart from biased fans like you.

This is really hilarious We get our asses handed to us, getting our asses handed to us in europe year after year and fans still believe we are a CL contender, no wonder other clubs fans think we are complete joke.

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

So why did Chivu and Suazo choose us over Milan, Barca and Madrid?

Again you completely ignore my point and repeat yourself. WTF?!

Can you please answer this!!!!!!

You don't put non-contenders into a top 8 seeders pot. Bookmakers don't give non-contenders such high odds.
    Just because something is your opinion does not mean it's fact. And just because one member out of an entire forum agrees with your idiocy all the fucking time does not mean that everyone thinks you're right. <--- If Inter aren't contenders why is this happening?!

Denmark

Chivu wanted to stay in Italy, thats why he chose us.

As for Suazo, he didnt prefer anyone, he had signed for Milan as well, he obviously didnt care were he went as long as he got a great contract.

But Chivu especially that tool Suazo are minor players that nobody gives a fuck about. We can attract these kind, but they are hardly worldbeaters in any way, using them as examples proves you have no idea what people are talking about here.

I dont care which pot we are put in. Just because we are first seed doesnt mean we are even close to being as competitive as the top 5 in the world. I bet you are one of those tools who use IFFHS rankings as a messurement of how good clubs are as well

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

Excuses, excuses. It's useless arguing with a guy like you because all your gonna give is a stupid excuse as to why something is in our favor.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    2 words: Ignore function

(For the both of you guys)

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall2008 View Post
    Excuses, excuses. It's useless arguing with a guy like you because all your gonna give is a stupid excuse as to why something is in our favor.
    Azz's arguments are extremely valid. What are your arguments then? Suazo and Chivu? Not exactly top class players. Top 8 seed? There aren't enough top teams in Europe so that top8 would consist of nothing else but contenders. That seed doesn't tell us much in this case. We've seen how Inter has sucked in Europe in recent years and still they are top 8 seed at the moment. Those seeds are based on actual UEFA matches played in the last 5 years. There just isn't enough top teams playing better which could put Inter out of top 8 seed.

And btw, it's the most possible scenario that next year Inter IS out of the top 8 seed. We are now tenth in the UEFA Team ranking and even if Arsenal can't make it to CL. We can't reach Lyon (9th) unless we win 2 matches this season's CL, which seems unlikely atm, and at the same time Lyon loses against Barcelona.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2009.html (victory = 2 points, draw = 1 point)

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel,

Our poor group stage performance has contributed to that. We were ahead of Bayern before the season started.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

I see Azzkikr's point, but I don't think we are chanceless on Ribery. If we go for him, I'm sure he'll have a hard time not picking us. We can surely compete with Juventus, who would possibly be our only Italian contender for him. If I remember correctly, he said he wouldn't mind Serie A. And we are among the most attractive in Serie A.

I think Serie A is being a bit underrated by Azzkikr. And you also have to rememeber that England is very much about money these days and Barcelona/Real Madrid are the only La Liga clubs attractive to really great players. Ronaldinho chose a pay cut to come here and Beckham was really desperate to stay here. Serie A is in no way as unattractive as some suggest, imo.

Whatever some people say, Mourinho enjoy huge respect in Europe among players. I'm sure our chances of getting these big shots increased quite a bit the moment he was unveiled.

My conclusion is that Ribery is absolutely a realistic target for us, if we go for him.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Muro View Post
    Our poor group stage performance has contributed to that. We were ahead of Bayern before the season started.
    So? What is your point? Poor performances leads to team dropping in the list. Nothing special in that.

Two seasons ago we were fourth in that list. But was Inter a serious CL contender then? Definitely not. When was the last time Inter has managed to beat a top class team in CL? Arsenal in 03/04?

It is like Azz says, we don't have European credential because we simply suck in Europe. Serie A isn't an interesting for many outside of Italy. One exception is Diego and hopefully Inter is an interesting club for him.