Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inter disciplined or not?

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Stubborn Poster Most Pessimistic Member

Inter disciplined or not?

VLE and I have had this debate in which we both seem to have vastly different opinions on Inter's current player situation. He believes that because players have gone to the media and said the said that they wished they were playing more means that the club still lacks discipline. While I claim that the lack of red cards, backlash when players get substituted, etc. show that the club's disciplined has improved under Mourinho. So what do you think?

I didn't add a poll because I don't know how but I don't seek you anonymous vote, I seek your well worded opinion.
    Last edited by Nyall; 18 Mar 09 at 14:40.
    Best match thread opener ever.

Fav. Player
    Balotelli, Cout

First of all I believe the media always come to the players.

They will ask "are you happy with the time that you play, or would you like to play more?"

The players answers: "I am pretty happy, but I would like to play some more ofcourse, nobody is happy to sit on the bench."

Next mornings newspaper: Player says: "I'm unhappy at Inter, I want to play more and I don't want to stay in this situation. When I won't play more I will think about other options."

I think this is how it goes. Where can you see discipline? The players has been fair, the press make words the most atractive to themself. When you don't want these things you must forbid your players to talk to the media.

Red cards, subtitutes etc have nothing much to do with discipline. Discipline is very important to Mourinho, and you could see this in situations with Adriano and Balotelli. Adriano was punished, he had to change his life and work harder. Afterwards he was payed back with more playing time. Balotelli thought he was the best player in the world and that Inter worked for him instead of he works for Inter. Mourinho punished him and made him see how it really works. Now Balotelli has changed in that point of view, he gets more playing time. That is discpiline.
    Iván "BamBam" Zamorano, 1+8
    StraordiMario Balotelli

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

...Adriano has not changed.

Fav. Player
    Balotelli, Cout

Quote Originally Posted by VLE View Post
    ...Adriano has not changed.
    He has changed.
    Iván "BamBam" Zamorano, 1+8
    StraordiMario Balotelli

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

How has he changed?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

This is difficult to say without being at the training ground and the dressing room every day. We have numerous of players that could come out and shout on Mourinho in public, but fact is no one has. There has been a few that have said they are surprised not to be included or just stating that they would like to play more. I don't see this as a big problem. With Mourinho, we have a stronger personality at the helm. Mancini, say what you want, proved too weak in the end and Vieira amongst others recognized this right away. We have not had any similar problems with Mourinho, who rotate significantly less than Mancini, leaving quite a lot of players potentially unhappy.

The reason might be that they have seen Mourinho's punishing of Cruz, Balotelli and Adriano. If you complain or don't give your all, you get frozen out immediately. So even if your chances of playing are minimal, they would be microscopical if you complained in public. I suspect we might see a lot of attacks on Mourinho when certain players leave Inter.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

and I'm quite surprised that I have to write same thing for the forth time.

Name me a club which nearly 10 players complain in open public in half a season. One club, and I'll be set. BTW, Jimenez got added to the list so I think its more than 10 now.

Something even remotely close to this in numbers is Valencia under Koeman.

FR, I never denied we had bad disciplinary under Mancini. I'm having problem at how 'strong' we got in disciplinary under Mou. We are still the club with most complaints, micworks, and blackmails in the whole europe league. Also, although I believe situation calling 'punishment' shouldn't even be there on the first place on well desciplined club, its not working anyway, as I hear Cruz, Jimenez complaints and Adriano partying again in recent two days.
    Last edited by VLE; 19 Mar 09 at 23:25.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

FR, I never denied we had bad disciplinary under Mancini. It is saying how 'strong' we got in disciplinary under Mou. We are still the club with most complaints, micworks, and blackmails in the whole europe league. Also, although I believe situation calling 'punishment' shouldn't even be there on the first place on well desciplined club, its not working anyway, as I hear Cruz, Jimenez complaints and Adriano partying again in recent two days.
    As I said, I don't think Jimenez' can be considered complaining. But that is probably a matter of opinion. My point is that the squad seems more harmonic with Mourinho, because he is such a strong personality and, regardless of what some say, he enjoys great respect among the players. Mancini didn't have the same aura.

I don't think we can ever conclude that we have more troubles than others, because it is vastly more popular to write about "scandals" at Inter.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

Really, FR, whats the point of looking better when we still are the club with the most complaints in the whole europe.

I have not seen a team, where around ten players run to the media and talk of their dissatisfaction, along with three talking about moving to archrivals within half a season, since I watched football.

So, proving me wrong is quite easy. Name me one club that even comes remotely close to this number, something along the jimenez talk will do since it may or may not be a complaint. In fact, name of any respected club in the history, where they had around ten jimenez talk and was known as disciplined wii do.
    Last edited by VLE; 20 Mar 09 at 01:19.

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter Most Stubborn Poster Most Pessimistic Member
    You do realize the problem so many players complain is because we have 29 squad members and only 11 can play at once. No other team in Europe has a squad of this magnitude.

We obviously have different opinions on what is discipline but for me it's not kicking bottles, or refusing to come on, or mouthing that you wish your coach got fired. For you it's about a bunch of has beens and never have beens saying they wished they played more.

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

My idea of discipline is keeping whatever happened between players and coach inside the locker room.

A player comming out on public talking about whats going on inside is never good.

I'm still searching for Ibra saying he wished the coach to be fired.

Our problem is not only having 29 members, but Mou not giving a second thoughts about rotating. If the players were completely out of the plan, he should have been kicked last summer. Its not a good idea to bench a player and give a game or two per season. Nothing good comes out of it pricewise or atmosphere-wise (as you can see).

And, its tiring to keep typing the same shit for sixth time, I hope it gets delivered this time.

Discipline this season, according to some, is 'good'. A simple, plain good.
    Its supposed to be one thing Mourinho showed as his merits.

When compared to any other teams, its not. Saying how 'its better than Mancini' is not a way to convince others, because Mancini did not have a good discipline in the first place.

Give me a proof of good discipline for gods sake, meaning doing better than some average clubs on Europe league, instead of spinning same logic over and over again.

Why is it so hard for you to spot a club having worse discipline than inter this season, when its supposed to be one of the things Mou does best?

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

It's obvious you're a dumbass or a guy who plays WAY too much FM.

Atmosphere wise our team does not care about the has beens. The first thing Jose did was ask that the squad be trimmed. Remember 21+3. But unlike in FM you don't get bids left and right on a player you put transfer listed and clubs does not like to release their players for free.

If you believe that players complaing then we are by FAR the most disciplined big club in Italy. Panucci told Spaletti fuck off. Trezegay openly calls out his coach and tells him that he thought taking him off was stupid. And Ronaldinho has told Carlo to play him or else. <-- This is all the case if you want to believe the mindless rubbish the media creates, which you tend to do ALOT.

Something can only be deemed good when it is compared to something bad. And last year the conduct displayed by Mancini, especially after he threatened to quit was awful. It was clear that the players didn't respect him as they knew he wasn't going to be their last summer and they held nothing back.

The game in which Ibra said that was against Palermo last year, on March 16th.
    And instead of punishing Ibra or Vieira for their actions Mancini simply made excuses for them.

Fav. Player
    DEJAN DEKI STAN

Seriously VLE,why do you give this little Nyall the time of day.....?

ive been reading both your posts and its clear that you have to illustrate or draw crayon pictures for the likes of Nyall to understand your claims...furthermore your knowledge of Inter surpasses his Burdisso era Inter devotion...

furthermore he has called you stupid,dumbass etc? what the fukc???you give this teen too much respect...

edited in (retro)respect of Nyall 2008......
    Last edited by bennyblanco; 20 Mar 09 at 02:44.
    "And this one time, at band camp, I stuck a flute in my pussy",

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

I tend to believe Gazzetta, 5050 on CdS, 0 on tutto, and nooo I'm not one of the gaming kids who believe Dinho is upgrade without even watching his game.

Trez, I can go along with that, though he apologized later. Panucci was about as equal as Jimenez, you are still missing nine more. Dinho? way to bring tuttoshit.

Something can only be deemed good when it is compared to something bad.
    Well, try comparing with with other 'goods' and you'll find we mark somewhere along the 'bad'.

clubs does not like to release their players for free.
    You have no idea on Inter transfer policy. Go dig some files. Learn how much we earned on last transfers selling players on Cruz/Crespo/Jimenez lvl, or especially when every time new coach arrives. Can't believe this guy talks about FM when he has no idea how we dumped players every time new coach came.
    Last edited by VLE; 20 Mar 09 at 09:28.

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

Quote Originally Posted by bennyblanco View Post
    Seriously VLE,why do you give this little pussy the time of day.....?

ive been reading both your posts and its clear that you have to illustrate or draw crayon pictures for the likes of Nyall to understand your claims...furthermore your knowledge of Inter surpasses his Burdisso era Inter devotion...

furthermore he has called you stupid,dumbass etc? what the fukc???you give this retard teen to much respect...
    I have too much of a good memory on this forum just to ignore everything and let it roll into shit.

Especially so when I realize ppl calling me names mostly joined 08 summer.

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

I have no idea why I have to give a football lesson, but listen up Nyall.

Do you have any idea why Chelsea loans their players out(veron, sheva and cres), or releases the players? Its a message they are giving out to other players.

"You may or may not screw up trying to play on the new team, but you still have a future after that."

Say there is another guy like Cruz out there. Someone who scores two digits, and he knows he'll be a sub after moving to inter. (Our foward was much more loaded than we are right now)

If a guy like Jimenez screams in the middle of the season on how he doesn't receive playing time, and not even allowed to be transfered, it makes players to doubt before coming to inter. It basically means a player's career may die in inter if players ever flop.

On the other hand, if we are willing to give up 2~3m and let the player loose, like we did with Karagunis, its a big advertisement. We become a club which players can try out for a big shot, and if fails, you get to go back to your hometown.

Its a marketing, a way to attract players, telling club cares more about the player than few million euros.
    You've seen how CR tells that players are slaves tied to the contract. We show players we are not like MU. We are different.

Now, not one or two, but ten players talks about playing time. We are not gonna get a decent backup players in this state. From what they hear, you never get to prove yourself even after you train. Even worse, this message goes up not only on italian media, but british(rq) and french media(dacourt, vieira) as well, which one also happens to be french NT captain. The worst part is how, three or four talks about going milan sounds a better idea. Its a good thing milan is in a crisis or they would be attracting every middle lvl players instead of us. The exact reason why everything has to stay in the locker room.

We will get our first targets by blowing 30m or 40m.
    Problem is buying rest of the players cheap, and those
    'who gives shit about what washed up players say' attitude
    greatly affects our transfer, as well as our performance on the pitch. If this goes on, we might as well say byebye to another Cuchu, Maicon or JC, etc.

Think why Ancelotti covers up for Seedorf/Dinho, Ranieri for Trez, Capello for Camo, SAF for CR, Spal for Cassano (until it was evident he was leaving), etc etc.
    Because players buy 'family-like atmosphere' bullshit, because they have no other factual base to believe in other than what they hear.
    Because, at the end, its club's loss.

ps. lol at waiting for selling time. Count the number of players going free and number of players having 1yr left on their contract this summer.
    Last edited by VLE; 20 Mar 09 at 09:31.

Fav. Player
    Milito, Sneijde

It's hard to say, because as Inter fans we watch absolutely everything around Inter, how the players react after being substituted, what they say everyday at the press, what the coach says, what the president says, etc.

However we don't have the same level of knowledge and attention for similar situations at other clubs, I for one, don't know how players react when they get subsituted at Chelsea or Real or Barca, etc. (apart from their big matches in CL).

Counting in that a big percentage of reports on what a player said are distorted, to say the least, it's not easy at all to say whether we are more or less disciplined than other clubs.

I think we are definitely better than under Mancini, but as has been spotted by others, this doesn't mean much with respect to our discipline relative to other clubs.

Fav. Player
    Burdisso

Canada

I tend to believe Gazzetta, 5050 on CdS, 0 on tutto, and nooo I'm not one of the gaming kids who believe Dinho is upgrade without even watching his game.
    Okay....

Trez, I can go along with that, though he apologized later. Panucci was about as equal as Jimenez, you are still missing nine more. Dinho? way to bring tuttoshit.
    Panucci was not even close to Jimenez. He was supposed to be a leader in Roma and publicly cursed his own coach. How is that even on the level of Jimenez saying he wished he played more. Tuttosport, isn't that where you get most of your garbage about how players want to leave too?

Well, try comparing with with other 'goods' and you'll find we mark somewhere along the 'bad'.
    The whole point of an improvement is comparing it to the years prior.

You have no idea on Inter transfer policy. Go dig some files. Learn how much we earned on last transfers selling players on Cruz/Crespo/Jimenez lvl, or especially when every time new coach arrives. Can't believe this guy talks about FM when he has no idea how we dumped players every time new coach came.
    The last time we had anything close to an exodus of players was when Mancini got rid of Wome and some other crappy players. That was because there were buyers who wanted them and were willing to pay a decent fee for them. At this stage in their careers who would even want to buy Cruz and Crespo apart from some Argentine team who can't even pay half of their wages they're earning here. Which is why these guys chose to stay. Jimenez could and will probably be sold in the summer for about 5 million max and that would be a 5 million dollar loss.

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

The whole point of an improvement is comparing it to the years prior.
    So we improved from bottom of the serie a to bottom of serie a. good job.
    Yes, this is me telling you same shit for the seventh time.

Tuttosport
    Learn the difference between tuttoshit and l'equipe

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Personally I don't think the clubs discipline is bad. I think some of the issues just has to do with the personalities of the individuals who aren't playing. Other clubs maybe don't have those types of personalities sitting in the stands. they may feel the same way but don't complain because that's their character.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com