Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carlos Alberto Gamarra

Thank you Carlos for these years at Inter. Inter has been very unfair to you, but you have loved the club with all your heart. Especially this season you should have been preferred over couple players in our defence. But you've never complained. You've only loved Inter. Last night's few minutes ment surely much for you but those ment surely much for fans of you too.

Tou were finally on the field when whistle was gone and celebrations begun. You deserved more but we gave you way too little. But you didn't care. You celebrated and loved the club. You're perfect package, all I can say.

Your time has come now I think, but if you want to stay I'll be happy. But you deserved so much more.

Arrivederci il mio amico Carlos!! :inter:

LOOK AT THAT GUYS

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Israel

10 years of FIF
    Grazie per tutti Carlos .

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Shame Gamarra couldn't get more playing time with us. He's a true champoin and a great leader.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Gamarra in Brazil talks
    by Patricio Figueroa - created on 25 Jun 2005

Carlos Gamarra is hoping to clinch a move to Palmeiras when he leaves Internazionale.

The Paraguay captain's contract with Inter expires at the end of the month and he is due to leave Giuseppe Meazza.

He has spent the past three seasons with the Serie A giants but is now primed to return to South America on a free transfer.

Palmeiras have been in discussions with the centre half, although there is interest from fellow Brazilian sides Corinthians and Sao Paulo.

Gamarra, who recently collected his 100th cap for Paraguay, confirmed the talks with Palmeiras and is waiting to see if a deal can be struck.

"I have been in touch with some officials of Palmeiras and there could be a chance for me to return to that team," said Gamarra.

"I have come to Paraguay for my holidays but maybe there is a meeting, at least to listen to what they want to offer me.

"Personally, I would like very much to return to Brazil but it doesn't depend on me, it depends most of all on the officials of Palmeiras."

The 34-year-old has previously played in Brazil for Corinthians, Flamengo and Internacional and could enjoy his swansong with Palmeiras.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...&channel=italy

There is no doubting that Gamarra is a great player but time has just caught up with him and with Inter moving towards the future he is just not needed.. Gamarra has been great to us and for us but now is a time for bringing in younger faces...

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Inter
    There is no doubting that Gamarra is a great player but time has just caught up with him and with Inter moving towards the future he is just not needed.. Gamarra has been great to us and for us but now is a time for bringing in younger faces...
    Younger faces are not appropriate to sit on the bench regularly...
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Calciomercato.com reports again that Gamarra is about to agree a deal with Palmeiras.

Could anyone speaking Portuguese check this?

http://www.palmeiras.com.br/popup/db...php?showdt=728

Apparently Palmeiras' Sporting Director Salvador Hugo Palaia is saying that they're trying to seal a deal with Inter, as long as the financial aspect of the transfer is reasonable.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Jimmy
    Why the hell do they have to agree with us? He's out of contract.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Why the hell do they have to agree with us? He's out of contract.
    Well the little Portoguese I can understand suggested that Palaia said that. If anyone could translate it...
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Gamarra

He left? Why did he leave Inter? With Matrix may be going, why Gamarra was not kept?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti,

Quote Originally Posted by Karim Abdoun
    He left? Why did he leave Inter? With Matrix may be going, why Gamarra was not kept?
    he was released at the end of 04/05 season, he wasn't good enough to stay and also we signed samuel.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I'll never forget the performances he put against Juventus in 03/04. He was hardly used before those matches but when the team needed him, he delivered.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

Gamarra was great at Inter. Lovely loyal, quality defender.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

Tutti pazzo per Gamarra.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

15. Thanks (1): MVD