Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost (Spoilers)

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Lost (Spoilers)

I thought we can use such a thread considering how this is the most popular TV show in the forum and we don't have to keep using the "color=blue" thread to discuss every spoiler.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Ok cool, you can make this the lost thread or whatever, i had a question and maybe someone has any theories on this, how come Rousseau didnt recognise Ben when she caught him in the tent back in season 2? He was the one who took her baby and spared here live, which was actually a good thing but how come she didnt realize him? I mean she should have at the time..

Indonesia

You're right. One of the loopholes I guess...And a very big one at that.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

I dont think its a loophole if there is a reason. We will see if it gets answered or not though.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Forum Supporter
    Okay what I think happened is that it was really dark inside the tent (no source of light) that she couldn't get a clear vision of him...i don't remember if he stayed in the shadows during the whole encounter...so she wouldn't have noticed what exactly he looked like...

My question is that most of the lost characters were worse off before landing on the island (Kate, Sawyer, Locke). I wonder if they would trade that to stop everything (if they break the loop hole it would mean that they will never land on the island and won't get to know each other and would live their old lives which to most was crap)

Indonesia

Whoa! Nice theory there prince! That could be the reason why the incident may not be stopped eh?

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Thought so to, but when i watched it again you can see her looking straight at him and she said that he was the one that infected them and she even kept saying it in french..
    Last edited by K.I.; 04 May 09 at 11:17.

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    There were a few theories put out on why Rousseau didn't recognize Ben and even Jin, both who she met earlier in life. But the real answer in all cases is "Because the writers didn't know 3 years ago what they were going to write 3 seasons later"

Sorry to break suspension there, but there are many ways to explain it within the context of the show.

Regarding what princeofsand posted, it's something I've seen mentioned before. But it doesn't make sense to me because they will not be changing their own past:

If they stop the plane from crashing, they will still be the same people who went through the plane crash. What they are stopping is their other self which exists in the current timeline. Otherwise it means the moment they stop the plane crash, they will immediately disappear from existence, and everything we saw from season 1 to season 5 never existed.

All that aside, I also think that it's impossible to change things anyway, because Whatever Happened, Happened. I don't believe in Daniel's Variable theory. For me, When he came back and his mother shot him, that's how it's always been. There's no way to break out of the loop and no place the loop started. Daniel always apeared into the past and was shot by his mother, who later raised him to go back and be shot by his mother, who later raised him..... it's a chicken or egg situation.

At least that's how I think Time Travel in Lost works for now based on what I've seen. Time is constant, it's not a line you go back and forth on, but rather something which exists continuously and which everything has happened on in relation to everything else.

If that doesn't make sense don't worry, I've confused myself as well!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Forum Supporter
    Exactly I meant they wouldn't let their other selves meet each other.....Anyways why do they care about their other selves I honestly wouldn't care much about stopping the loop if I were them...I'd just care about getting everyone off the island and destroying that son of a bitch....

and about the Faraday thing, I don't think that whatever happened happened due to one thing.....His mother wouldn't have pushed to get him sent to the Island (she said she's sacrificing which means there's a reason behind it other than oh it happened before so it must happen)....Also she sent him a diary to write in every single day which must mean something...I just think the first time around he didn't have that diary and thus the whole thing failed...

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

As far as i know, she knows what happens in the future, and as far as i can see, the reason why she cant do that anymore bewcause farday started doing shit he shouldnt do, maybe thats why she sent him there, to stop what he is doing.

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    I have a feeling the next episode is going to be amazing. They set us up with a seemingly slow episode which raised a lot of questions. Now we go into the countdown to the finale...

Indonesia

Next

week

couldn't

come

fast

enough

Follow the Leader was like, stringing 60-one-touch passes to get the ball to a great goalscoring opportunity. Let's hope someone finish it and score in the finale.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Again another amazing episode, i have a question, can a detonation of a hydrogen bomb be the cause of the women dying while giving birth? can the aftermath be the cause of this? and i am sure the bomb is also the reason why there was sickness on the island.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

Amazing show.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Khaled View Post
    Again another amazing episode, i have a question, can a detonation of a hydrogen bomb be the cause of the women dying while giving birth? can the aftermath be the cause of this? and i am sure the bomb is also the reason why there was sickness on the island.
    The bomb didnt go off before, so that cant be the reason.

The point of triggering the bomb is to destroy the electromagnetic energy that caused the plane to crash in the first place. thus "deleting" all events.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Let me rephrase that, can the leakage from a hydrogen bomb be a cause of this? Anyways i dont think thats going to happen anyways so we will see.

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    Yeah, I don't think the bomb will detonate either. There was a time-cycle today which convinced me more of the whatever-happened-happened theory.

Locke asks Richard to convince his time traveling self to come back to the island, and when he comes back he can convince Richard ... etc. etc.

When did this cycle start? There has to exist a Locke at one point in time who isn't told to come back by Richard, because that Locke won't come back to tell Richard what should be done.

This and other things leads me to believe that time in Lost is a constant which can't change, but instead trying to change it is causing it. For example, Miles hated his father for kicking his mother away... only to find that he was the reason for that when they convinced him that they are from the future.

My theory for next week is that whatever they are doing to change the past is going to cause everything we know to happen, such as the plane crashing, the purge, etc. The irony being that if they hadn't tried to intervene, they wouldn't have crashed in the first place.

The stage is set for a great season finale next week (2 hour episode).

Indonesia

Where's the lost torrent argh!?!?!?

It usually is available around 19:30 Pacific Time. It's 20:00 now.

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    It was delayed by an hour because it was a two hour episode. Also preceded by a 1 hour recap episode "A Journey in Time"

I've got my popcorn ready and home theater set up to watch it all tonight... 3 hours of Lost goodness

Indonesia

OK seriously, wtf?

One thing that I HATE about this episode is Kate flip-flopping, God I hate her character so much.

Btw, season 4 was about them trying to get off the island, season 5 is about why they need to go back; any theory what season 6 is gonna be?
    Last edited by Handoyo; 14 May 09 at 11:10.