Page 284 of 284 FirstFirst ... 184234274281282283284
Results 5,661 to 5,673 of 5673

Thread: Diego "Il Principe" Milito

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    He'd be 30 years old and people would want him to leave because he'd be too old.
    That's how epl funboys think. In serie a 30 y. means he is at his peak and yet to win his capocannoniere award
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

2. Thanks (2): ED 8661, MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Dominica

Forum Supporter

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by forzainter257 View Post
    That's how epl funboys think. In serie a 30 y. means he is at his peak and yet to win his capocannoniere award

Well, this place is flooded by this silly PL mindset.

It's true that the bad quality of training and conditioning in the PL makes everyone over 31-32 a dead man walking, but it doesn't translate to most leagues. Especially the Italian one.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Well, this place is flooded by this silly PL mindset.

It's true that the bad quality of training and conditioning in the PL makes everyone over 31-32 a dead man walking, but it doesn't translate to most leagues. Especially the Italian one.
    Now I've heard it all.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

Italy

Conditioning as in air conditioning or as in Pavlov's dogs?
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    Now I've heard it all.
    Their training regimes rely almost entirely on short term physical aspects and their long term effects include deteriorating stamina.

There's a reason why most former PL players who join medium or lower tier leagues feel as if they are retired by their 32nd or 33rd birthday, especially if they had suffered an injury in the previous couple of seasons. Lots of examples. And of course there are players who seem unaffected by this but they are the exception.

Their athletic aspect focuses a lot on acceleration and this isn't a short sprint sport, it's a conditioning sport, you have to sprint, run, jog, walk and manage to not get exhausted over 90+ minutes.

Ask anyone who's worked at a PL club and has seen something else and he'll tell you exactly this. And it's funny because everyone says that Serie A training is even more physically demanding, but that is because they focus a lot on fundamentals too. The PL regime is driven for better results throughout the season without caring so much about the long term effects, which is why teams seem to be on top notch physical ability for a longer period of time, whilst in Italy you have a couple of phases where the whole team looks dead from fatigue. With Inter this is usually December-January and March-April. The usual period is January-February for PL clubs. And it could also hit them in May as well.
    The PL clubs can afford to have larger rosters nowadays and don't really have many older players as they ship them away.
    Please name me the O30s players that start for the main 6 PL clubs and how many of them have logged top 10 minutes for their clubs. It's a very thin list. Not just this season, try the last 5 even.

Conte uomo di merda

9. Thanks (1): Moradinho

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

You've labelled it "bad quality of training" and as you yourself elaborate - it's how the PL works. How is it "bad" then? It didn't sound like an argument worded this way.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

It's bad for the health of the players. Excruciating almost. The effects don't appear early on so players aren't displeased by all that. Until their career at the top level is cut short.

It's not really advisable for health instructors (that's what coaches essentially are) to advocate such things. At least it doesn't increase the likelihood of injury exponentially.

But I'd avoid players around 30 that have 5-6 PL consecutive seasons under their belt.

Conte uomo di merda

Italy

Coaches are much more like generals than health instructors, at least when it comes to football (it may be different in other sports, but I don't know about them).

Football coaches rarely have that kind of medical knowledge, not even remotely.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

I'm talking about the fitness coaches, not the tactical coach/manager.

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

First of all, who said anything about a 30 year old striker being a bad investment?

Secondly, Milito might be a bad example, because his injuries cut his Inter career in half. Palacio would be a better case for buying a (almost) 30 year old.

Thirdly, I love Džeko but getting him atthis age his a horrible idea.

Why oh why do you start so many arguments that you lose in a matter of minutes?
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    if Mauro doesn't leave this summer, I'm moving to Forza Wolverhampton Forums until he does
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

17. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Bergpavian

Greece

Are you okay? Are you replying to invisible posts again?

Conte uomo di merda

19. Thanks (1): ED 8661

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    First of all, who said anything about a 30 year old striker being a bad investment?

Secondly, Milito might be a bad example, because his injuries cut his Inter career in half. Palacio would be a better case for buying a (almost) 30 year old.

Thirdly, I love Džeko but getting him atthis age his a horrible idea.

Why oh why do you start so many arguments that you lose in a matter of minutes?
    You also forgot to mention: When we bought 30yo Milito he just had the best season of his career.

21. Thanks (1): wera