Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24313233343536 LastLast

Thread: The Workout Thread

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Than there wasn't a lot of muscle to begin with and the layer of fat that was over it made the muscles appear much larger. This happens to so many people.

The best indication of losing muscle is losing a significant amount of strength. If you were benched 315 regularly for example and then on a cut are benching 265 it's a huge sign that the weight loss needs to be taken slower.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

2. Thanks (1): Fapuccino

Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by TheNetworkZ View Post
    (Low bar) Squat - 550
    Deadlift - 500
    Bench - 350.
    Awesome!
    I'm surprised you've never thought about competing, but I understand if you're also doing rugby and prioritize that/utilize strength training for that.

Makes sense why you would want to start making the transition into weightlifting. Those are lifetime goals for a lot of lifters.
    BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBilan

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

I have 0% interest in the sport of powerlifting, I think it sucks lol. Although there are a few powerlifters I like. It's fun to train for strength and improve any compound lift, not just the big 3, but that's the most I'd take it.

Weightlifting as a sport I have so much respect for however and I think it produces some of the best athletes in the world.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

Philippines

Absolutely.

I love powerlifting personally, I love watching meets and aim to compete in one, but weightlifting is the pinnacle. Awe-inspiring athletes.
    Imo, everyone that's serious about strength training/lifting weights should endeavor to train Olympic lifts eventually.
    BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBilan

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter
    Than there wasn't a lot of muscle to begin with and the layer of fat that was over it made the muscles appear much larger. This happens to so many people.
    Call it the beer factor
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    (Low bar) Squat - 550. I'm really pleased with this because I wanted to hit 435, then 500. I wasn't expecting this much of an improvement, although it is the lift I tried really hard to improve as I wanted it badly. I also always go to depth with these and all other squat variants, never done a half rep in my life. Doing other squat variants and taking them super seriously have blessed me here. I went from absolutely hating front squats to loving them once I saw my numbers going up. Also box squats in general are good (for deadlifts too). I enjoyed the exercise physically but mentally as well tbh, it's a huge ego lift since you can box squat a WHOLE lot more than you can any other variant.

Deadlift - 500. I could hit 525 if the weather is right, planets are aligned, and I'm having a really good day. Hitting a 500 DL was always a huge thing for me when I started lifting so I'm glad to have gotten this.

Bench - 350. This is really inconsistent. I've never liked benching or OHP and I don't always hit that number for my 1RM. It sucks but I don't care for my bench number tbh, my shoulders always take a beating from rugby practice/games to make this a consistent thing anyways.

I haven't weighed myself in a bit but last time I did I was 225lbs and I'm guessing 5"10 or 5"11. I didn't calculate my total last year so I honestly couldn't tell you.
    I was running through some old posts and ran into this. You certainly look huge and probably lift huge as well. Mind sharing a photo?
    I am 5'10'' and I barely get to 175, struggling to add useful weight.

United States

I don't workout much... but i'm hooked to stacked protein, muscle building powder for years... try it dudes

stacked protein got the Inter colors... as an incentive to buy

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Dom back to his best:

11. Thanks (2): German_Interista, TwoFiddy

Fav. Player
    Rano & Santon

Germany

Hey guys. I was browsing through the website and found this thread. Sadly, it seems like it died out. My question is, are there any other guys who want to get in shape? In my opinion it is more fun and more demanding when you have someone you can compete with. As far as my goals are concerned, I want to lose some of my weight (186cm tall, over 90 kg weight). I go to the gym for four years and want to change my eating behavior (low-carb).

Does anyone want to join me or has any experience concerning low-carb? Maybe we could use this thread or another for such kind of things.

Fav. Player
    brat ljajic

Serbia

it depends how low carbs are.. but you should never go super low with them

no body is the same so all you need is to learn about your own body and some basic nutrition facts ANNNDDD also be patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    If Messi leaves Barcelona before he's 30, I will cut off my cock and feed it to a hungry boar who's masturbating to a chimp fucking a 3 legged zebra under a bridge which has the permit to be demolished but hasn't been yet.

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by German_Interista View Post
    Hey guys. I was browsing through the website and found this thread. Sadly, it seems like it died out. My question is, are there any other guys who want to get in shape? In my opinion it is more fun and more demanding when you have someone you can compete with. As far as my goals are concerned, I want to lose some of my weight (186cm tall, over 90 kg weight). I go to the gym for four years and want to change my eating behavior (low-carb).

Does anyone want to join me or has any experience concerning low-carb? Maybe we could use this thread or another for such kind of things.

I'm doing a keto diet right now, only 20g carbs a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasha View Post
    from 130kg to about 90 ... started in my gym with zero knowledge about anything, just listening to me, guy never gave up ...
    - Kids, start listen to Rasha

Fav. Player
    FuckAllOfThem
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    I wrote a novel of a post about me moving my ass around and it just disappeared
    WTF FiF?!
    Not writing it again ffs
    Fek off

Poslano z mojega F5121 z uporabo Tapatalk

17. Thanks (2): German_Interista, MVD

Fav. Player
    Banega, Gabigol

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Can you give some more explanation about it? Interested in doing that as well
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Rano & Santon

Germany

Sad to hear that JJM. Would have loved to hear your story.

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post

20g carbs a day sounds way too low. I just try to leave out grains (so no bread) and side dishes (potatoes, rice, ...). I even changed my wheat flour with linseed flour. That shit is expensive. We'll see if that's a good way

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon

United States

Just had a great 3 minute workout. Got intense at the end.
    Platano Power
    SIGN TIMO WERNER

Norway

U mean fap session? #QualityPoster

Fav. Player
    Kondogbia

Holy See

25. Thanks (1): JJM

Fav. Player
    FuckAllOfThem
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    trying to do everything humanly possible to lose some weight but food is love, food is life...nah I eat normally I guess but
    also a weak...shit on the left side

you work out and you get more weight...I luve my life

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Can you give some more explanation about it? Interested in doing that as well
    Sure bro.

I found this site while I tried googling some research for you that actually was true and no bs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/

They have information about everything it's fucking incredible. I wish I found this when I started out.

I highly recomend --> https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

I'm doing ketogenic diet while trying to keep my muscle meaning I'll have to still have a good intake of proteins and not only fats and of course workout but if you don't care about that you can change it around and have more fat intake than proteins. The low carbs intake is to make your body start burning fats instead of carbs. This will make your body produce ketogen bodies which will be used as energy. Basically instead of using carbs as energy your body will adapt and start using the fat in your body. You can read more in the redddit site.

Drink a lot of water. I do atleast 3Litres a day.

I can go all day without eating food if I want to, it's crazy. I don't even feel hungry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by German_Interista View Post
    Sad to hear that JJM. Would have loved to hear your story.

20g carbs a day sounds way too low. I just try to leave out grains (so no bread) and side dishes (potatoes, rice, ...). I even changed my wheat flour with linseed flour. That shit is expensive. We'll see if that's a good way
    Yeah, it may sound intense but I think it's possible for everyone. The only(only right?) problem is that sugar is like a drug and you'll feel sick the first days not having your drugs It's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasha View Post
    from 130kg to about 90 ... started in my gym with zero knowledge about anything, just listening to me, guy never gave up ...
    - Kids, start listen to Rasha

Fav. Player
    brat ljajic

Serbia

low carb could slow your metabolism and you dont want that

i dont know if you knew that you are also burning your protein as a fuel not only fats..

i think that nobody should go as low as 20gr.. there is no need when you can do the math and see where is your BM and calculate how many calories you need to be in caloric deficit and take fucken time and not crushing your metablism even more ... my two cents
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    If Messi leaves Barcelona before he's 30, I will cut off my cock and feed it to a hungry boar who's masturbating to a chimp fucking a 3 legged zebra under a bridge which has the permit to be demolished but hasn't been yet.

30. Thanks (1): MVD