Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4047484950

Thread: The Workout Thread

India

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Anyone of you guys have or have used a diet plan to lose weight?

I want to lose 15 kilo by the end of the year at least, already lost 8 so far but want to push it harder. I've been running almost every day (at least 6km every day), skipped on all sugary drinks, only drink water (and occasionally only once a week some beers)

I've stopped eating sweets, potatoes, rice, pasta's, ...

So basically all I eat is like vegetables, chicken or fish.

Anyway, any of you guys got any suggestions on what to eat or some meals that can help me lose weight since I'm getting bored of all that chicken?
    Rasha, you gymboi, I'm looking at you

I am actually a nutritionist and just finished leading a clinical trial on intermittent fasting. PM me we can figure something out, I feel like you

edit: fucking tapatalk. The full sentence was: I feel like you are making things too hard, there are ways to get shredded without suffering through boiled chicken and vegetables
    Last edited by GenDire; 14 Jul 19 at 14:01.

2. Thanks (3): DIN011, KevinB, MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

I would recommend hitting the gym hard. Running and all the other cardio works will squeeze you and you will end up looking like a concentration camp victim
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

4. Thanks (2): KevinB, MVD

India

In my experience, cardio is usually very successful only for people who are especially sensitive to a calorie deficit. In almost all other regards, lifting weights is superior for weight loss and body recomposition.

Though cardio does have other great benefits for heart health, brain health etc.

6. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    JZ4

15KG, damn!! Good luck. Best way to lose is not to gain in the first place. At least for me. I'm 34 (both age and waist inches), 5'10, 90KG, 14% bodyfat, I do a combination of HIIT and intermittent fasting. Been doing intermittent fasting for years (16hr on / 8hr off). In between that I do a mixture of bodyweight exercises (pullups, pushups, dips) and heavy weights (deadlifts, rows, squats, bench) and then i throw in smaller workouts like curls (tricep and bicep), calf raises, lat pulls and a bunch of forearm exercises (shoulder workouts are out the window ever since i messed up my rotator cuff, not an injury you want to get, trust me).

But end of the day we're all different so all these plans and workout regiments may or may not get you the desired result. Just keep it simple, eat at a deficit, and do a combination of heavy compound lifts and bodyweight workouts. Doing pull ups alone 4/5 times a week will make a massive difference.

I find cardio boring so try and get into a sport you enjoy, at least once a week, that has you doing a lot of sprinting, like basketball or rugby. My knees are done so right now I'm looking at doing either MMA and boxing to shed more body fat.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

8. Thanks (4): GenDire, Kakaroto, KevinB, MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    182cm, 100kg
    Wish I had 90kg but then I remember I'm a lazy, brain tumor carrying, pasta loving fuck and I go cry to my corner
    However I think I found real love... Maybe just maybe things will get better

This probably belongs in the BS thread but

I go for 6-7km runs, pound my boxing bag, do some lifting weights but I can't do it on a regular since my headaches are killing me a lot of the time, and I have some kind a hormonal imbalance caused by the tumor (that what doctors say) so losing weight is even harder for me...again confirmed by experts

Oh well should focus on the positive... Kind of programmed in this way, luckily
    Laughing off the pain like a good unstable crazy boy

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

10. Thanks (5): dax21, GenDire, Kakaroto, MVD, rfU

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    182cm, 100kg
    Wish I had 90kg but then I remember I'm a lazy, brain tumor carrying, pasta loving fuck and I go cry to my corner
    However I think I found real love... Maybe just maybe things will get better

This probably belongs in the BS thread but

I go for 6-7km runs, pound my boxing bag, do some lifting weights but I can't do it on a regular since my headaches are killing me a lot of the time, and I have some kind a hormonal imbalance caused by the tumor (that what doctors say) so losing weight is even harder for me...again confirmed by experts

Oh well should focus on the positive... Kind of programmed in this way, luckily
    Laughing off the pain like a good unstable crazy boy

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    This all reminded me of a guy I've heard of in a podcast recently, how he had a pituitary gland tumor as a teenager, how he treated it and how it all fits in with the natural improvements in testosterone. Check it out: https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...one-naturally/

12. Thanks (4): JJM, MVD, Rasha, rfU

Old name
    Analrapist

Bosnia Herzegovina

Most Missed Member 10 years of FIF
    I’ve been on 16/8 intermittent for 2 months now. Can recommend it.
    I'm streets ahead.

14. Thanks (3): GenDire, Kakaroto, MVD

India

The Workout Thread

Try combining keto and IF if you hit a plateau or if you just want to optimise things. Another little trick is to use your tolerance for fasting to do Intermittent Energy Restriction once or twice a week, meaning just one low calorie meal that day comprised of mostly fat and protein.

I personally used this to get down to 6.8% body fat and I have had a client who lost 10% bf in 8 weeks with this method.

16. Thanks (4): DIN011, Kakaroto, MVD, thatdude