Thread: Is Mancini's Inter Ready To Rumble?

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF

Is Mancini's Inter Ready To Rumble?

TRANSFERS MARKET

INTER

IN: Carini-Mihajovic-Burdisso-Favalli-Cambiasso-Davids-Ze Maria-Veron-Choutos.

OUT:Moreau-Cannavaro-Adani-Helveg-Brechet-Sorondo-Okan-Farinos-Dalmat-Lamouchi-Zicu-Kallon-Ventola.

JUVENTUS

IN: Cannavaro-Zebina-Kapo-Blasi-Emerson-Ibrahimovic.

OUT: Carini-Chimenti-Brighi-Maresca-Di Vaio-Miccoli

MILAN

IN: Stam-Sarr-Dhorasoo-Crespo

OUT: Laursen-Borriello-Kutuzov

ROMA

IN: Ferrari-Mexes-Perrotta-Mido

OUT: Lupatelli-Samuel-Zebina-Lima-Emerson-Carew
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

INTER

Well, it's so hard to be objective now. I still have the bitter taste of the Cannavaro deal in my mouth. But then again, I'm so happy that we didn't get Cesar and didn't give away so many players. Let's try it.

DEFENCE
    We got Burdisso and Mihajlovic as central defenders, and we gave away Cannavaro and Adani. Well that's the hard bit. This is so bad, losing 2 great players like that. There's no need to talk about Mihajlovic, we know that the best we can expect from him is to be a good sub, nothing more. Burdisso is very promising, but he's injured at the moment, and I'm not quite sure what I should expect from his first season in Italy. Getting Gamarra back was a very smart move.

We made Juve stronger, and that's a shame. But we didn't agree to the crazy requests from Lazio and we kept Coco, Karagounis, Pasquale, Kily. We still have lots of options.

We conceded 37 goals last year, and Milan conceded 24. They have Stam as well now.
    There will be lots of pressure on Cordoba and Materazzi. But if they don't do well enough, we have many options: give a chance to the new guy Burdisso, trust Mihajlovic, or Gamarra. We should be ok in the end…

MIDFIELD
    We did well here. Davids, Cambiasso and Veron arrived, and we released Okan, Farinos, Lamouchi. This is where things can change this season. Stankovic arrived last January and he made a huge impact. I expect a lot from Davids and Veron. I also think that C Zanetti will do a great job, without the injury problems that heavily affected him during last season. We have so many options in midfield, it's unbelievable! I don't think we ever had such a competitive midfield.

STRIKERS
    We were covered here. I'm so glad we kept Cruz, I rate him extremely high. Vieri stayed, if you asked me 3 months ago, "How many chances are there for Vieri to stay?", I would have told you, "None". Mancini was vital for his decision to stay. He will need to be at his top form to play though, since Adriano is a sure starter, and Martins and Recoba will be ready to come in.

OVERALL
    8/10. I can't be completely happy because of the Cannavaro deal. But we did well for our midfield.

We're starting a new project with Mancini, and I have great hopes.

We made Juve stronger, and we put a lot of responsibility on Materazzi's and Burdisso's shoulders. We'll have to wait and see what happens. We have a great squad, that's for sure. And with a new, young, ambitious coach, we can do well.

The fact that we didn't give in to the absurd requests from Lotito kind of put a smile back on my face. And Gamarra is one of the heros that conquered the Delle Alpi last year, so welcome back Carlos!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

It´s not done yet, Francesco. You´ll just update it then of course. Silly me.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Milan.

Well, what can I say, they did simply great. Their group is still there, they only got rid of Laursen and Borriello, and they got a great player for each department, Stam, the best central defender on the market, Dhorasoo, who will start playing with the France NT in the upcoming qualifiers, and Crespo, a veteran in Serie A, a great player.

They're by far the favourites for the Scudetto. If we are to fight them for it, we will need to do absolutely great.

Juventus.

We laughed at them after they bought Zebina, and with good reasons. But now they bought one great player for each department as well, Cannavaro, Emerson and Ibrahimovic.

Still, I see us well above Juve. For one thing, they kept too many finished players, what are they thinking keeping Montero and Ferrara?

I think our midfield is far superior to theirs as well.

Roma.

They're doomed to struggle for 4th place. They gave away players such as Samuel and Emerson. Their transfers have been good, Perrotta, Mexes and Ferrari. But I don't see them going anywhere with Voeller as a coach.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

OUR SQUAD

This is how I see our squad, who I think will be playing and so on...

GOALKEEPERS: Toldo-Fontana-Carini-Cordaz.
    I expect Toldo to play all games in Serie A and CL. I guess Carini could go on loan somewhere abroad. We're covered anyway, Fontana is a good sub.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS: Cordoba and Materazzi are the starters. Burdisso should be the first sub, if he's as good as many of you suggested. Gamarra and Mihajlovic should be at the same level.

RIGHT-BACKS: J Zanetti is the man. Ze Maria could give him a chance to rest at times.

LEFT-BACKS: at this moment Favalli looks like the starter, with Coco and Pasquale ready to step in.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS: lots of great players here. Davids is our main defensive midfielder, but we also have C Zanetti, and Cambiasso. Veron role should be more on the attacking side (long passes-assists). I think Emre should be considered as a possible sub for Veron (Emre is by far the most versatile midfielder we have: he could play in any position in midfield).

WIDE MIDFIELDERS: So many options here as well: Ze Maria/J Zanetti/V D Meyde/Emre and Stankovic can all play on the right. Kily/Karagounis/Davids/Recoba and Stankovic can play on the left.

STRIKERS: If you ask me, Adriano and Martins should be the strikers. Vieri, Recoba are the first contenders for a spot in the starting 11. Cruz is perfect to have on the bench, he can come on during the second half, he's a great team player. Choutos is also there in case of emergency.

This is a good squad. A great one even. We're well covered in all departments. What strikes me is how versatile this team is. We have so many options in each sector of the pitch. We're ready to rumble.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

IN CONCLUSION

At this moment my state of mind is relief. After the disappointment about Cannavaro, the fact that the Cesar deal didn't go through was a huge relief. I have faith in this team. As long as they keep their confidence up. I see only Milan as real challengers, Juve, Roma, Lazio and Parma are not in the same league as us.

It's gonna be very important to do well during the first 6-8 weeks. These guys need to be sure of themselves, and to be convinced that they can win. And they can. Let's do it!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

From what I gather it's all done Gismo. Gazzetta.it published their comments as well, and they described the loans of Ventola/Sorondo/Zicu as "last minute deals". It was over at 7 apparently.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Who do you trust more: Gazetta or uefa.com?

Nice preview, BTW.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

I trust Gazzetta.it Alex, they're clearly saying that it's all over.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion