Thread: Inter youth in general

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Netherlands

Inter youth in general

I think that Inter really is ridicolous with his youth. We just use our youth in transfers and we almost never have a youth player who makes it to the top (Okay, recent years we have two extraordinary lads in Santon and Balotelli but I mean in general).

Just like now we put Bolzoni, Fatic etc. in a deal with Genoa for only one player. I didn't know the other guys very good but what I do know is that in particular Bolzoni has a lot of potential!

Who agrees, who disagrees? Tell me.
    Serie A: Campioni
    Coppa Italia: Campioni
    Champions League: Campioni

Inter e' Emozioni!

Fav. Player
    bobooooo (until

Honestly I believe our management knows what are they doing. If those youngsters can help us save a milion or two in transfers than so be it. Not everyone can make it to the first team in a top club like Inter. I'm sure coaches can estimate players potential better than we can.
    Impazzisco per te, questo e canto d'amor
    che mi viene dal cuor, FORZA INTER ALEEE.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by tritolone View Post
    Honestly I believe our management knows what are they doing. If those youngsters can help us save a milion or two in transfers than so be it. Not everyone can make it to the first team in a top club like Inter. I'm sure coaches can estimate players potential better than we can.
    Of course, they see them train every day, but I still think that we use some much youth players in transfers, we throw them away. Like Pele, he was a very talented lad, and what did we do? I honestly don't remember any more but we wasted him and I think it's a waste.
    Serie A: Campioni
    Coppa Italia: Campioni
    Champions League: Campioni

Inter e' Emozioni!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Pele was okay.. he did not turn out to be anything good at Porto either.

I am pretty pissed at Fatic and Acquafresca should the rumors be true though.
    F.C. Internazionale Milano

"We would have won this game even with seven men. Maybe with six we would have struggled, but we would have won with seven." Jose Mourinho after Derby della Madonnina

Fav. Player
    bobooooo (until

Fatic is unproven and for Acquafresca we got a good bargain (at least I think so). You can't deny that Milito is better RIGHT NOW. Coaches can see the potential. Mourinho said he will include 3 or 4 youngsters next season and I think that is quite enough.

Remember Andreolli? I was completely pissed when we sold him to Roma, now look at where he is. I understand we all want to see players coming from our youth systems but it's more important to get results every season.
    Impazzisco per te, questo e canto d'amor
    che mi viene dal cuor, FORZA INTER ALEEE.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Norway

We will not sell Fatic outright. We will own half of his contract. Acquafresca is seemingly leaving us with a clause that means we can buy him back next summer if we want to.

I always had great hopes for Andreolli, and was sad when he left, but he has been unlucky with injuries. He can still become something.

Youth production is not only to feed the first team with youngsters, but also to get fine player-exchange deals, bringing the cash flow down.
    "It will be born here, at the "Orologio (Watch)" restaurant, meeting place of artists and it will be always a team of great talent. On this splendid night it's colours will be given: The black and the blue with a golden background of the stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Mourinho for Inter coach 2008/2009! --> Mourinho = Inter coach 2008/2009!

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

guys maybe Inter sees more in Destro than Acquafresca.. i know Acquaman is kinda proven now in Serie A, but i doubt he would be a starter for us in 2,3years to come, if ever.. and til then Destro probably will be at the senior team, and who knows how talented he is. If u ask me, he seems to be extreme talented, he has everything u need to become a great attacker, and he has got praised by many.. so Destro is our maan

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I wouldn't overhype these youngsters who have never played in mens' level (even Coutinho hasn't). It's a very big step. Destro is after all just 18 years old. Okay, Balotelli made his debut when he was 17, but Super Mario was a super talent already. He made his debut in men's level when he was 15 (in Serie C, youngest player in Serie C history).

Of course it's great to have players in Primavera who can possibly get to the first team as Destro reputedly is a born goal scorer. But it's still a very big step to go and play with men instead of boys.

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    I wouldn't overhype these youngsters who have never played in mens' level (even Coutinho hasn't). It's a very big step. Destro is after all just 18 years old. Okay, Balotelli made his debut when he was 17, but Super Mario was a super talent already. He made his debut in men's level when he was 15 (in Serie C, youngest player in Serie C history).

Of course it's great to have players in Primavera who can possibly get to the first team as Destro reputedly is a born goal scorer. But it's still a very big step to go and play with men instead of boys.

Cafe you are something else....you sit there and rip apart signings for Inter beore they get here, but when people are excited about other signings you tell them not to overhype them? So are we only allowed to be pessimisstic about all our signings?

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    Cafe you are something else....you sit there and rip apart signings for Inter beore they get here, but when people are excited about other signings you tell them not to overhype them? So are we only allowed to be pessimisstic about all our signings?
    No, no. But IMO there's also something between the years of 18 and 32. The obvious example is Deco-Coutinho. Coutinho can't replace Deco too soon after his arrival so we can't rationalize Deco's signing by saying that Coutinho will replace Deco and that way we don't have to rely on 34-year-old grandpa as our starter AM.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by tritolone View Post
    I'm sure coaches can estimate players potential better than we can.
    If people read it three times, the life would be so much simpler over here.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    If people read it three times, the life would be so much simpler over here.
    "Simpler", meaning easier for you people to praise the Inter management for every action they do.

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

More like the people would stop critisizing the managment, like they were working at Inter longer than them, and having long life football experience, unlike people working for our club longer than they watch football.
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...