Inter were one of the very first clubs in Italy to launch fan cards, as follow up to a joint initiative by Lega Calcio, FIGC, the sports council, and Coni.
The card offers fans many advantages (I will get to that later), although primarily it is a sort of "security" or identification card meant to distinguish good fans from hooligans.
Inter launched the first Fan Card in 24 August 2008. It was somewhat successful, and anyone could apply for it for free. (Last year's application form)
I think it was a very nice card.
Yesterday, Inter announced something even better. In collaboration with Banca Popolare di Milano, this is this year's Inter Fan Card:
It's a full-fledged smart card with many features. You've got your name on it and your picture, but the smart chip makes it amazing. It's called "siamo noi".
Here are the benefits of the card:
- Use it as a ticket. Instead of buying physical tickets, your ticket purchase is loaded into the card. Purchase entrance for a single match, or buy several seasons at once at a fixed price (The card is valid for 5 years)
- Use it as a rechargeable Credit Card (MasterCard). Because it's a pay-as-you-go, you don't need a bank account, and you can refill the credit up to 3000 Euro.
- Earn black&blueadvantages points when using the card to make a purchase. This will be in addition to new deals for B&B members for things like hotels and travel.
- Special exclusive offers for Inter fans who have the card, coming soon at selected outlets.
- First right to buy tickets before other fans
- No queues and priority access to the stadium through the turnstiles
- Access to all matches, even those behind closed doors in case of a ban from Lega Calcio or FIGC
Getting the card is very easy. You need to go to a BPM branch, provide 3 passport size photos, fill the form, and pay 10 Euro. If you're already subscribed from last year, then it's free.
So congratulations to Inter on doing something great. I can say for sure that our marketing is getting better and better every year, even if we have a long way to go to reach the likes of Milan or Man U, this still makes me very happy.
BPM press release: http://www.bpm.it/spettacoli/schede/...a_tifoso.shtml
Inter website: http://www.inter.it/it/tesseradeltifoso/
Finally, I have a special request to anyone in Italy. I really really want this card! Can anyone who is close to BPM go there and see if they can get me one in my name? I can send my passport photos to you in Italy, if you can fill the form for me and do it in my name