Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 26 April 1998 -- Rubentus V Inter

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

26 April 1998 -- Rubentus V Inter

This was the game that made me support Inter ! I was a mere follower of Italian football at the time and didn't support anyone. Man, this game was the BIGGEST robbery i've ever witnessed in my entire life ! I was so sick that day and Inter won my sympathy and thus i decided to support them.

Of course i don't know a word in Italian. But watching the footie programs that night on Rai due etc.. it was evident that everyone related to F.C. Internazionale was so pissed and angry.

So, for the people that also got to watch this infamous game, can you share this experience with all of us ?
    Born Interista, will die Interista.

"I'd even play in goal just to play, but I don't want to create competition for Toldo... I'm prepared to play anywhere." Dejan Stankovic

Shall you give me info about the match "mido" , line-up , what happened ? links or other guys here ...
    Campioni D' Italia !!!!!!

"It's an immense emotion" Roberto Mancini after the 15th Scudetto

"we'll win one thing at a time. Everything is special when you win, winning is always nice, especially at a team like Inter." Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    I was in a bar, watching in disbelief at Iuliano clearly obstructing Ronaldo, and the refree not only refusing to give us the penalty... he let play go on while our coach Gigi Simoni was running in the middle of the picth! He just couldn't believe it, and he was running towards the refree! In the meantime Juve went on the counter and they earned a penalty themselves!

The refree whistle was followed by the whole Inter team running to Ceccarini, pushing him, swearing at him. Simoni was dragged back to the bench, he couldn't stop shouting "Shame on you!". Moratti left the stadium and told the journalists that it was no use, refrees were just too afraid to do anything against Juve.

I left the bar depressed. I couldn't stop seeing that image, Simoni running on the pitch while Juve was going to get a penalty, and the refree letting the play go on... Oh well Gobbi, you paid for that... you lost 3 CL final and a scudetto on the last day, serves you right you bunch of damn thieves.

Ronaldo's quote in my signature is priceless.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Come on ...this is a Scandal...Damn Juve , How wrong i was . so what was the comments afterwards?? , i mean the refree , media , inter players and juve players .

and what was the lineup ??

"we'll win one thing at a time. Everything is special when you win, winning is always nice, especially at a team like Inter." Zlatan Ibrahimovic

i remamber that day and i cant forget it i had exam that morning and in the eveing one of my friends (juve fan) come to my apartment to watch the game and i remamber we was jokeing in the first shakeing hands and i said "let the best win"

when this happent

http://www.antijuve.com/ronnie-iuliano.mpeg

i was really really shaked my friend was smiling and he say "oh yes it is not a palanty ronaldo was fakeing" i yall at him "SHUT UP " lol

all the time i was saying "it is a joke not a game"
    it was really really joke

and i stell remamber the other week (then they win the league) inter was winning and they was loseing (goal by baggio) . but mohamad kallon (who was loaned) score a goal against inter and our dream was GONE

it was really joke and i stell bileave that juve is a bad team boring team and never deserve to win any league since i start watching the italian league but they get alot of help

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

83 10 years of FIF
    I can't forget this match!!!
    INTER PER SEMPRE!

RUBE MERDA

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    This is the first time that I watched that incident.

Holy Juventus shiiitt !

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

That ref is a dumbass to not call that a penalty. Only a wall could obstruct Ronaldo more than what Iuliano did. Basterd refs who hook up with Juventus, those cheating
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

That Cecarini sure was a dumbass (Juve fan) referee!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Who wouldnt remember this one ha.! On the same day i remember Nott Forest(one of my fav. english teams) won against Reading. That was the best thing that happened that day. I also remember Udinise killing Roma 3-2 something like that and Bayern defeated Leverkusen 2-1.
    I cant clearly remember the lineups but i will do my best

Juve:
    Peruzzi
    Iuliano
    Montero
    Ferrara
    Pessotto
    Davids
    Deschamps
    Di Livio
    Zidane
    Inzaghi
    Del Piero

Mighty Inter:
    Pagliuca
    Bergomi
    Il Capitano
    Milanese or Angloma
    West
    Simeone
    Cauet or Winter
    Moriero
    Djorkaeff
    Ronaldo
    Zamorano

Not sure 100% about the lineups. I was 15 yrs old
    Sveglia Ragazzi...Bilan e Rubentus non sono così stellari.

Our time will come, with or without your approval!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco The Butcher
    Who wouldnt remember this one ha.! On the same day i remember Nott Forest(one of my fav. english teams) won against Reading. That was the best thing that happened that day. I also remember Udinise killing Roma 3-2 something like that and Bayern defeated Leverkusen 2-1.
    I cant clearly remember the lineups but i will do my best

Juve:
    Peruzzi
    Iuliano
    Montero
    Ferrara
    Pessotto
    Davids
    Deschamps
    Di Livio
    Zidane
    Inzaghi
    Del Piero

Mighty Inter:
    Pagliuca
    Bergomi
    Il Capitano
    Milanese or Angloma
    West
    Simeone
    Cauet or Winter
    Moriero
    Djorkaeff
    Ronaldo
    Zamorano

Not sure 100% about the lineups. I was 15 yrs old
    as i remamber Ze Elias was playing and he get RED card

i stell remamber how zamorano act he push the refree and he was so mad

the thing is it is a 100000000000% palanty for inter and while the fans and players shocked by the refree ignoreing it the ball go close to our goal and del piero act and the refree give them palanty imagen in less than 1 minute . and real planty for us ignored and a fake palanty for them happent

but the miss it the super Pagliuca save it .. i was happy and scream "thanks god thanks god " lol

it was really a joke and i hate juve more than anything in the football world (even ronaldo himself) .. the other day all the media was talking about even here in my country they meet with (bu jusiam) one of famouse refrees in the world and he said it is a sad day for the football

Yes yes Ze Elias was playing i remember.
    Mohamed are you from U.A.E ?

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Angloma use to play for Inter? Wow.

The list of players was truly impressive back then, as it is now
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Yes yes Ze Elias was playing i remember.
    Mohamed are you from U.A.E ?

yes im from uae

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    I remember that game and the penalty incident clearly. I was with my Bianconero cousin and even he had to admit it was sick how Inter got cheated out of the scudetto. One must admit we had plenty of chances to win and it's odd how we could dominate and end up with a bad result, but that's football for you.

One free kick that I remember was Djorkaeff almost scoring, was this from the first or second derby with Juventus? Btw, to those who could remember this game could you tell me where it was at, the San Siro or Delle Alpi? I was only around 8 or 9 years old back then.
    Nulla è impossibile per questa Inter

Quote Originally Posted by Nerazzurro
    Btw, to those who could remember this game could you tell me where it was at, the San Siro or Delle Alpi? I was only around 8 or 9 years old back then.
    Delle Alpi

Well Djorkaeff scored in the other game vs. Rubentus that season.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Quote Originally Posted by Nerazzurro
    Btw, to those who could remember this game could you tell me where it was at, the San Siro or Delle Alpi? I was only around 8 or 9 years old back then.
    Delle Alpi
    That says alot then ....Crappy Corrupted Juve !!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I found those about the infamous game...

http://utenti.lycos.it/abbajuve/fursto.htm In Italian

This one is about Inter - Juve in general, in Swedish i think....

http://www.totalfootball.org/swe/hom...eId=2147&mid=2

This is another one that i've found..I think In German.. Just scroll down and you'll find an article about the game in this forum.

http://www.bundesligaforen.de/thread...=9431&start=61

INTER-JUVENTUS

Inter und Juvetus sind die einzigen Vereine, die zwei Derbys im Jahr haben: Die 2 besten Vereine Italiens tragen nämlich neben ihren Stadt-Derbys (Inter-Milan bzw. Juventus-Torino) auch noch das "Derby d'Italia" aus. Das Derby d'Italia, wie es wegen der beiden größten Fan-Gemeinden im Land genannt wird, elektrisiert jedes Jahr die Massen. In den bisherigen Duellen der Dinos in der Serie A, die als Einzige seit der Liga-Gründung im Jahr 1929 immer dabei sind, hat Juventus, der Verein mit dem besonderen Elfmeterjoker der Serie A, in der Bilanz die Nase vorn. In bisher 145 Spielen gab's 68 Juve- Siege, 37 Unentschieden und 40 Inter-Siege. Das Derby d'Italia hat eine lange Geschichte der Polemiken. Besonders in der Saison 1997/98 entfachte ein Foul an Ronaldo hitzige Wortgefechte. Man sprach von einer verfälschten Saison und einem gestohlenen Titel seitens Juventus. Es ist der 26. April 1998 im Stadio Delle Alpi. Juventus und Inter Mailand treffen sich zum entscheidenden Titelduell am 31. Spieltag. Der Schiedsrichter verweigerte nach einem brutalen Foul an Ronaldo den Penalty für Inter. Nur wenige Augenblicke später gibt es dann aber doch Elfmeter, für Juve! Auf dem Platz bricht das Chaos aus. Spieler in Blau und Schwarz schreien den Referee an. Der sonst eher besonnene Inter-Coach Gigi Simoni rennt wie eine Furie über den Platz und wird auf die Tribüne geschickt. Juventus verschießt zwar den Elfmeter, gewinnt aber dennoch 1:0 und am Ende auch den 25. Serie-A-Titel. "Das war skandalös", erinnert sich Simoni. "Es war das einzige Mal, dass ich eine große Mannschaft trainieren durfte. Und man hat mir die Gelegenheit gestohlen, den Titel zu holen." Nicht nur der Gedanke von Simoni. "Eine Schande", so damals Ronaldo. "Man sollte der ganzen Welt zeigen, dass es so nicht weiter gehen kann. Jeder Schiedsrichter pfeift für Juventus." Der Betrug beim Spiel Inter-Juventus war aber noch lange nicht alles. In der selben Saison gab es etliche umstrittende Entscheidungen. Alle zu Gunsten von Juventus. Oliver Bierhoffs Schuss, der weit hinter der Linie aus dem Tor bugsiert wurde, wurde nicht als Tor gewertet. Genauso wie ein Empoli-Tor am 30. Spieltag. Und als Fabio Cannavaros regulärer Kopfballtreffer für Parma zum 2:1 bei den "Bianconeri" aberkannt wurde, liefen selbst die von Berlusconi/Agnelli bezahlten Zeitungen Amok. "Mit Verlaub, das ist ein Skandal!" titelte der "Corriere dello Sport". Und die "Gazzetta dello Sport" kommentierte: "Eine vergiftete Saison!" In beinahe allen Gazetten kursierten die Worte: "Campionato falsato e scudetto rubato" (verfälschte Saison und gestohlener Titel).
    Die Polemiken zwischen den beiden Teams, die immer in der Serie A standen, sind alt. In einem weiteren Titelduell kurz vor Saisonende am 16. April 1961 drängten sich 10.000 Juve-Zuschauer zu viel ins Stadion. In der 30. Minute musste so der Schiedsrichter abbrechen. Das Spiel wurde 2:0 für Inter gewertet. Doch in letzter Instanz ordnete der Verband ein Wiederholungsspiel an, weil "der Sport siegen soll". Zufällig war Umberto Agnelli Präsident des italienischen Verbandes und von Juventus Turin. Inter-Präsident Angelo Moratti ordnete aus Wut an, dass eine Jugendmannschaft auflaufen sollte. Juventus siegte 9:1.
    "Die Schiedsrichter in Italien haben Angst, Juventus wehzutun", hat Massimo Moratti einmal gesagt. "Es ist aber nicht deren Schuld. Denn sie haben alle einen Komplex."

Any Germans on board ?

As for the Italian guys here like Frisko and Fabio, is there a way we can search for old Gazzetta/whatever articles about the game ?
    Born Interista, will die Interista.

"I'd even play in goal just to play, but I don't want to create competition for Toldo... I'm prepared to play anywhere." Dejan Stankovic

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

It will be tough but I will try! 2

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"