Thread: Travel from Paris to Milan

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Travel from Paris to Milan

Hi guys,

I'm gonna travel from Paris to Milan on the 22nd of September. When I checked with my travel agent, plain tickets cost US$900 for coach and $950 for business class. Do you know any good website to buy cheaper plain tickets?

I don't mind taking the train too by the way. I did some research and found a kinda reliable website in trenitalia.com and it costs 115 Euros for a one way train. Again, any good website for train tickets across European cities?

Thanks!

Fav. Player
    Cruz, Maicon

United States

I use www.orbitz.com mostly.
    I just put random dates but it says it costs 130 bucks?
    $900 is usually what you pay for when you go 1/4 across the world... not a country in a driving distance..

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    Forget travel agents. With a credit card and the Internet, we don't need them anymore.

For train tickets, raileurope.com will get you the rates for any trip you want. You can also go to the specific train company sites. For example the French SNCF trains can be booked through www.tgv-europe.com. The Italian one is Ternitalia as you mentioned, but I wouldn't use it. As much as I love Italy and Italians, they're not the best to go to for this stuff. Use the TGV website and you'll get €25 tickets. The trip is 7 hours.

Now forget all the above For air travel in Europe, just go with budget airlines like Virgin or Easy Jet.

http://easyjet.com/ - €19

Last edited by Ehsan; 02 Aug 09 at 07:17.

Fav. Player
    bobooooo (until

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm gonna travel from Paris to Milan on the 22nd of September. When I checked with my travel agent, plain tickets cost US$900 for coach and $950 for business class. Do you know any good website to buy cheaper plain tickets?

I don't mind taking the train too by the way. I did some research and found a kinda reliable website in trenitalia.com and it costs 115 Euros for a one way train. Again, any good website for train tickets across European cities?

Thanks!
    900$

for 200 I come and to Paris and drive you to Milano myself

No really, easy-jet has tickest for incredibly low prices
    Impazzisco per te, questo e canto d'amor
    che mi viene dal cuor, FORZA INTER ALEEE.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

I use www.kayak.com
    sometimes they got some great deals
    F.C. Internazionale Milano

"We would have won this game even with seven men. Maybe with six we would have struggled, but we would have won with seven." Jose Mourinho after Derby della Madonnina

Indonesia

Thanks a lot guys. Would you recommend taking the train or plane? I don't really like taking the plane but 7 hours on the train sounds kinda ridiculous. Do we have to go through immigration if we travel between EU countries btw?

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I would take the train definately.Enjoying the scenery and the 7 hours will pass fast.Especially if ur not alone.Or hook up ur laptop if ur alone and it will pass.As for the best website out there i would reccomend tripadvisor.com. They can give you different sites and prices for you to compare.

It does seem strange though that the difference between coach and business class is just $50 only,I would look into that.If you decide to take the plane though because you dont have time or something,another good site is expedia.com.

Good Luck
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    No immigration Han. You get the schengen visa before you travel, and pass customs at the first country. After that you're free to move between EU countries.

I'd go with train if time isn't an issue and you'd like a more 'refined' experience. Nice big seats in first class with your own table to eat, watch movies on the laptop, and enjoy the scenery and have some tea. Airports are crowded and they treat you like sheep, then you sit in a cramped seat and hope they don't lose your baggage.

Fav. Player
    JZ

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Thanks a lot guys. Would you recommend taking the train or plane? I don't really like taking the plane but 7 hours on the train sounds kinda ridiculous. Do we have to go through immigration if we travel between EU countries btw?
    Try easyjet.com.

I check right now and u cant get tickets from Paris to Milano for around 40€. 90 minutes and u r there :}

Its so called cheap flight lines but i travel by them alot and never had any problems.

Edit: Ehsan was first :}

Indonesia

Train it is. I've always wanted to take the famous Europe train rides anyway.

This is kinda embarrassing but I'm not very comfortable in taking planes.

Speaking of which a local plane was declared lost this past Sunday evening...Hope they're all fine.

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    Those trains from Paris to Milano are niiice bro.. Just hook up the laptop on the free Wifi and chill. 7 hours is nothing though, sometimes I do London -> Paris -> Milano -> Palermo which takes around 28 hours for the whole lot

As for immigration, as far as I know it's pretty relaxed outside of the UK
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Damn, I want to do all that sometime. Maybe a year or 2, I need to start saving up.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Quote Originally Posted by Suneet View Post
    Damn, I want to do all that sometime. Maybe a year or 2, I need to start saving up.
    I am with you Suneet
    F.C. Internazionale Milano

"We would have won this game even with seven men. Maybe with six we would have struggled, but we would have won with seven." Jose Mourinho after Derby della Madonnina