Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My season preview

My season preview

I originally had high hopes on this season,but after the Canna transfer,I'm not as optimistic as before.

you see the thing is,its ok to sell Canna,afterall he is 31 already and eat up our wage bill,also he has not been himself in this 2 seasons with us to be honest.But the problem is we let him go but havent find a suitable replacement.If we were to sell him we should have sold him a lot earlier to give time to find a replacement,instead he was sold to our biggest rival at the last hours of the transfer window.Actually we didnt really sell him we gave him to juve.For what?!Carini!?for our future GK?!Future my arse there are tons of good young keepers in Italy that would probably take Sorondo as a swap!This is usual INTER shiiit.The ideal condition would be selling Canna at July and we should have made more afford to sign Cavalho!A player which we were only interested in.Cavalho-Cordoba would be an awesome combination.But touchwood,Canna replacement would now be a Materazzi or even worse,Mihalovic.Another mistake was letting Adani go.We didnt even say Grazie to this man and we kick him out!He would be a wonderful backup for us.Last season he play without any stop for 3-4 months when we have defence emergency and he has been great!I dunno why Mancio let him go,he should know him well in Viola days.

Fortunately we have re-sign Gammara,an unsung hero for us and probably did more than Canna in this 2 seasons.He won the game for us at Turin last season with Martins and Cruz.At least we have a reliable backup if Materazzi injured,or more possibly suspended. Burdisso will be a direct sub for Cordoba.I dunno if we could try a Burdisso-Cordoba combination,this would make it like Canna-Cordoba which Burdisso is more of a man-marker than Libero.He definitely will be the future of INTER,possibly replacing Cordoba in the long-term.We have high hopes on him hopefully he wont disappoint.And can anyone tell me why we have 3 left backs?!3 quality ones.If nothin went wrong I guess Favalli will play most of the games this season.IMO we should give more chance to Pasquale and with Favalli to back him up.The most ideal condition would be having Coco as left back.If all 3 stays fit I dunno what Mancini will do.Overall our defence is the biggest concern without doubts.U see now Milan have Nesta-Stam,juve have Thuram-Canna,and we have Materazzi-Cordoba...Materazzi?!It would be sound if that Materazzi was the one I saw 4 years ago...lets hope he wouldnt do too many stupid things and cost us some penalties this season.

I'm sure we have theee most impressive midfield in Serie A this season thats without a doubt.That was originally can be a good or a bad thing.IMO our midfield might be a little unbalanced.Most likely we will have Stankovic-Cambiasso-Davids-Veron in midfield judging the pre-season and CLQ lineups.that left us VDM-CZ-Emre-Kily on the bench.My god that was the best midfield lineup we have last season.The question is how can Mancini incorporate all these players,who can easily get a place in most club in the world,together and make them all satisfy.Dun forget we still have Ze Maria,who seems to doing a good job and European Champion Karagounis.The most ideal midfileld IMO is 5 world class player plus a couple of versatile experienced player and a couple of promising youth.Now we have 10 world class player and 2 versitile experienced player in our midfield.I dunno but it doesnt seem right to me.However this department should be the most interesting one this season,a whole new look INTER mdifield.

As our striking ability,well have we ever have doubt to our front line?!Adrinao will no doubt be a sure starter.We have high hopes on him this season and this is the season for him to prove what he is and what most ppl think he can be.This kid is class,on and off the pitch.We can count on him this season.His parter will either be Recoba,Marins or Cruz.3 players with different characteristic.Which is a great thing.Most likely Recoba will be his parter with Martins or Cruz to play depends on our opponents and our tactics.Didnt I miss mentioning someone's name!?Oh yes Vieri!! Well IMO he is our biggest concern.The thing is since last season he has deteriorated a lot,It was so obvious,as seen in Euro04.Its save to say Vieri is probably done,he is going downhill and we should have offer him plus Canna for Zambrotta! Dont get me wrong I appreciated him a lot for what he did for INTER since he joined us,for all the gols he socred,even though it made me laugh some ppl say he love INTER! Now he became a burden to us.We pay him hugh wages,and this season he most likely will sit on the bench more than often,Mancini already mentioned that he will still be "useful" to win a "few" games for us.That says it all.And we know Vieri's temper.Even when he can play he doesnt seem happy,let alone as a bench player.I'm just concern he would kill the great atmosphere and team spirit we have seen Mancini created so far this season.I still believe Vieri still have something left but definitely,we cannot and will not depend on him anymore.

This is the lineup I like:

Toldo

Capitano-Matrix-Cordoba-Coco

-----------Veron

-------CZ--------Davids

-----------Emre

--------Chino----ADRIGOL

Bench: Burdisso ZeMaria Cambiasso Stankovic Kily Martins

Overall we should have a better season than last seaosn no doubt.I mean how we cannot have a better season without ZAC?!As I said our transfer market this season have been great barred from Canna and Kallon departure.I mean what the hell Choutos?!The concern I have is that Canna transfer would haunt us,hope we could get someone in at Jan if things not going well.With Mancini he gave us something I never ever seen since I was an INTER fan,nice floating football and team spirit.I mean ask Mr Recoba,ask that punkarse how many times "blackface" when he got substitute in all these years he has been with us?!What we saw at San Siro 10 days ago was unreal!Smile and shake Mancini's hands!!?!Probaly Mancio fed him with a lot more carrots than Simoni Lucescu Lippi Cuper and Zac add together!! My wish this season would be at least mount a seious challenge for Serie A and at least a semi-final spot at CL!Also to play some nice football which would likely to happend and ADRIIIIAANNOOOOOOOOO to score more and more and more great gols for INTER!!!!!!!

FORZA L'INTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    FORZA INTER!

Jimmy

Re: My season preview

Quote Originally Posted by Joeissimo
    The ideal condition would be selling Canna at July and we should have made more afford to sign Cavalho!A player which we were only interested in.Cavalho-Cordoba would be an awesome combination.
    I think I have found my soulmate. Immidately when Cannavaro was released to Juventus, I acted out in anger towards Inter for not doing this transfer earlier. This summers market was a summer of great defenders being transfer listed or at least transfer avaliable.

When the rumours about Carvalho to Inter started, I really hadnīt paid much attention to him. No, not even when Porto won the CL. Then he was benched against Greece and Couto was favoured. So I really started to question if Carvalho was worth those money. Then I saw him during the rest of the Euro 2004, and after Seitaridis he became quickly a favourite of mine.

Now we shall be realistic as well. Who ended up buying him? Chelsea... Which team could actually match their offers that they would make? No one really. Abramovich would splash out an offer between €30-40 million if there was ever a bidding war, and that is simply not realistic for us.

So I donīt know. I donīt think we would have had a chance to sign Carvalho after all. Itīs obvious we donīt have the finances anymore and have relied on cheap players.

Fortunately we have re-sign Gammara,an unsung hero for us and probably did more than Canna in this 2 seasons.He won the game for us at Turin last season with Martins and Cruz.At least we have a reliable backup if Materazzi injured,or more possibly suspended. Burdisso will be a direct sub for Cordoba.I dunno if we could try a Burdisso-Cordoba combination,this would make it like Canna-Cordoba which Burdisso is more of a man-marker than Libero.He definitely will be the future of INTER,possibly replacing Cordoba in the long-term.We have high hopes on him hopefully he wont disappoint.
    Quite honestly, I am yet to comment on Burdisso, because Iīve never seen him. Well, I saw him making one sub during the Olympics but was so tired that I fell asleep. So I canīt comment on his ability to play next to Cordoba. I just hope that youīre very wrong about that one. I was never among those who saw anything wrong with Canna and Cordoba as a duo after have seeing them play with each other for some matches. So I remain an open mind that a duo of a taller Burdisso and Cordoba could work as well.

As for Gamarra, I completely agree. I very much liked him during these two years and I am completely puzzled of why he accepted to return to Inter. He barely played and is way too good to never play, and somehow we still managed to grab him.... AGAIN!

And can anyone tell me why we have 3 left backs?!3 quality ones.If nothin went wrong I guess Favalli will play most of the games this season.IMO we should give more chance to Pasquale and with Favalli to back him up.The most ideal condition would be having Coco as left back.
    I donīt really know why we kept Pasquale. My theory is that he will only stay until January and will play these months because Coco isnīt fit yet. That is why I think we have three left backs in the team as of now.
    I wouldnīt be too surprised if we see Pasquale as a left winger in some games. I base this on that Ze Maria has thus far being played as a right winger and not as a right back which youīd think his position in our formation would be.

Favalli is currently the starter, but when Coco returns to full fitness, I trust that Mancini gives him the chance, and then the obvious of left back will be revealed.

Overall our defence is the biggest concern without doubts.U see now Milan have Nesta-Stam,juve have Thuram-Canna,and we have Materazzi-Cordoba...Materazzi?!It would be sound if that Materazzi was the one I saw 4 years ago...lets hope he wouldnt do too many stupid things and cost us some penalties this season.
    I admit that Iīm one of those who doubt Materazzi throughout a whole season. I do not doubt him when it comes to causing penalties and red cards. When has he ever been given one? Or causing a penalty?

We should also give credit towards Materazzi. He and Cordoba formed the fantastic defence-duo the season 2002/03 when we almost won the Scudetto. I honestly donīt think Materazzi has become any worse since then. But indeed, I donīt think he is individually a world-class player in its sense. I think we could have done better, but I will keep an open mind about Materazzi. He really never has dissappointed me with his performances. I donīt even know why Iīm doubting him... ?

Most likely we will have Stankovic-Cambiasso-Davids-Veron in midfield judging the pre-season
    Nah... Cambiasso wonīt be a starter and Veron will play in the middle. We have three midfielders already settled in the midfield. They are Stankovic, Davids and Veron. The fourth position will be a competition between Emre, Kily, Van der Meyde, Kily and Karagounis. Cambiasso will act as a backup at best.

However this department should be the most interesting one this season,a whole new look INTER mdifield.
    Indeed it is. I am however very displeased (if thatīs a word) with LOANING Veron. This loaning has meant that the player we should have built our future around, will not be a regular this season. I am of course talking about Emre.

Signing Veron on loan, gives our team an immense pressure to win something THIS year. Why else having Veron on loan for a year? What we should have done instead is to get Emre fully accustomed to the very same role and work on a project from there. Right now we have a very short-term project and I donīt like it. Because I donīt think we have a decent chance to win the Scudetto this year.

His parter will either be Recoba,Marins or Cruz.
    I beg to differ. I feel relatively sure of that Vieri will be a starter when he has regained fitness and at the start of the season. Then we will witness the duo Adriano-Vieri for a couple of months and if it donīt work, THEN I think Vieri will be on the bench. But as of right now, I feel pretty sure that Mancini is planning with this duo. I think it sucks, but what can one do?

This is the lineup I like:

Toldo

Capitano-Matrix-Cordoba-Coco

-----------Veron

-------CZ--------Davids

-----------Emre

--------Chino----ADRIGOL

Bench: Burdisso ZeMaria Cambiasso Stankovic Kily Martins
    No, no AND NO!!!!! You simply can NOT put Stankovic on the bench. Come on, Joe! He has shown during the pre-season and the CL games that heīs going to be our big protagonist in our midfield. Bigger than Veron for sure. If Stankovic is keeping up this form, heīd be the first player I would write down on our midfield.

You write a diamond-midfield as well. Okay, so thatīs your preference, but we know for sure that it wonīt happen. We play with a weird flat four midfield where Stankovic has a Nedved role and moves around wherever he wants.

I like Cristiano Zanetti and all, but he was the only player I could see an upgrade for to be signed during the summer. We signed Davids, and although they arenīt too similar in their characteristics, it should and will be Davids that will play as our main ball-winner.

As I said our transfer market this season have been great barred from Canna and Kallon departure.
    I wasnīt too down on selling Kallon. He was a player that could go on my nerves when I watched games with him. He has immense talent, but his position on the field was annoying, unless he played in a team with three strikers. He more or less plays as an offensive midfielder, and when we played with him and one top-striker, it was like playing with just one striker. And I completely detest that scheme. So selling him wasnīt a bad deal to me.

I mean what the hell Choutos?!
    This transfer reminds me of the one we did a few years ago. When we signed Antonio Pacheco. A supposed average player, that was only signed to please Recoba. I donīt think we needed someone to please Karagounis, but I think Choutos is here because he was for free, he used to play in Italy and he is a buddy with Karagounis. Not so much to do with his qualities as a player.

Thanks for this great article, Joe!

Fav. Player
    Deki, Samuel

10 years of FIF
    I've heard we signed Choutos because of some marketing reason(Pirelli in Grecce).There were some rumours in the past too, that we will use him in exchange for Kompany.I don't where is the true.
    H. Cuper - Uno Di Noi Per Sempre !
    John Frusciante -

This thread should be called "Analysis Room"!

Hope youīre right, Pod.
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I have just 'discovered' a 'hidden' side of our transfer market which I don't think we have discussed yet. I'm not sure to be honest since I haven't read all posts lately.

A lot has said that our transfer market has been a very good one because we are getting a lot of good players. Not only that, but most of them came in free. The signings are:
    • 1) Veron
      2) Cambiasso
      3) Davids
      4) Burdisso
      5) Favalli
      6) Choutos
      7) Ze Maria
      8) Carini
      9) Mihajlovic

7 of these players supposedly came in 'free'. But we are neglecting the fact that we need to pay their wages & signing on fees. Let's assume that their (the 7 players) total wages amass to 300,000 Euros per week. Multiply that by 52 weeks and we will have to pay 15 million Euros per year. Certainly a big amount! If we also assume that their signing on fees totalled up to 5 million Euros, we are spending a total of 20 million Euros to sign 7 players, adding them to an already competitive and packed squad.

If you read Jimmy's article of Quantity or Quality? you'll realise that quality is more needed in the current Inter side. We could have spent that amount of money to get a defender to replace Cananvaro's departure. Matteo Ferrari, Ujfalusi, Philippe Mexes; these are just a few examples of names who we missed in the summer. None of them costed more than 10 million Euros.

This has certainly made me more dissapointed with our transfer market. I never consider that the wages will be this big. Facchetti and Moratti mentioned that we need to offload Cannavaro because of his wages. Now how will they explain this?

Handyo

1) So youīre telling me youīd rather have VDM - C. Zanetti - Emre - Stankovic than Ze Maria - Veron - Davids - Stankovic?

2) We have cut our wages with € 40 mil. So whatīs the problem?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I am not sure I know any player who gets 300000 Euros a week!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Gismo
    1) So youīre telling me youīd rather have VDM - C. Zanetti - Emre - Stankovic than Ze Maria - Veron - Davids - Stankovic?
    I prefer to have (From left to right) Stankovic - Emre - Davids - VDM. Veron and Ze Maria are unneeded. Stankovic may have a problem playing as a left winger, hence he's not playing as one in my preferred formation. I want him to be a left midfielder who cuts central a lot. But of course, my first choice is still a diamond consisting of Davids, CZ, Deki and Emre.

2) We have cut our wages with € 40 mil. So whatīs the problem?
    If I remember correctly, Facchetti said that we cut our wages by 40 million Euros with the Canna transfer. It's just a bunch of crap. Canna has 2 years left in his contract. That means, if Facchetti's statement is true, Canna is being paid at an incredible 400,000 Euros per week. I seriously dount that and hence, for the umpteenth time, I think Facchetti lied.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love Inter!
    I am not sure I know any player who gets 300000 Euros a week!
    Fabio, I didn't say that a player has 300,000 Euros per week contract. I said, we need to pay all the 7 players we got for free for 300,000 Euros per week.

Handyo

I think it was € 40 Mil. a year we save now.

Well I am absolutely amazed you find VDM better than Ze Maria... Emre better than Veron too but Veron is not that much better IMO as Ze M over VDM.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Oh yes that's what I thought Handoyo!2

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Re: My season preview

Good point Han! That's nothing new for me but it seems that everybody here haven't noticed that Inter actually has spent a lot money in summer. There are only expensive and very expensive transfers nowadays. That's the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeissimo
    The ideal condition would be selling Canna at July and we should have made more afford to sign Cavalho!
    Very true. I wouldn't have minded if Canna had been sold in July and we had gotten a very good replacement (Carvalho is one of the hell defender but isn't it clear Inter aren't able compete with Chelsea on transfer market). Then it had been just ok and acceptable but the last minute transfer to Juve was completely incomprehensible.

Personally I really wish that Mancini gives a real change for our hot prospect Burdisso. Gotta admit I have never seen him in action but as far as I have understood he's all round central defender such as Nesta (in the other words he could act as man-marker and libero). So it shouldn't be a problem for Burdisso to play alonside Cordoba. Materazzi is a very good defender and usually performs but like most of us I doubt his ability to be a pure starter. Materazzi is a player who can reliably play half of all games but it's a big question whether we can rely on his skills entire season. whet It's same story with Gamarra. Mijhailovic should be out of question for starting place but he can act decently a back-up (don't get me wrong, Mijhailovic's transfer to Inter was senseless but people are dissing him way too much anyway).

U see now Milan have Nesta-Stam,juve have Thuram-Canna,and we have Materazzi-Cordoba...Materazzi?
    I must admit Milan have awesome defense but I don't see why Juve would have better defense than Inter (on paper, let's remember it). Cannavaro will be probably great of course but I'm highly questioning Thuram as central defender. I know he used to rock but to me Thuram seems to be a bit shaky as a central defender. But maybe it's just me. In addition Juve clearly lacks right fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    I like Cristiano Zanetti and all, but he was the only player I could see an upgrade for to be signed during the summer. We signed Davids, and although they arenīt too similar in their characteristics, it should and will be Davids that will play as our main ball-winner.
    Hey guys, what's up with Cristiano Zanetti? Almost everyone here are more or less critsizing him (at least very few people wanted to keep him as starter). I honestly think he performed decently last season and was our best midfielder after Javier Zanetti. It's true CZ didn't played at his highest level last season but I can't see how on earth some of you can say he was bad.

If it had been up to me Davids would have never been signed. I know he's skills and so on but it's absurd for me to think long time rival Davids wearing Nerazzurri jersey.

Besides I doubt that Davids-Veron is tough enough to play in the middle. Like we all know Davids has rarely played as pure ballwinner and naturally Veron isn't a defensive tank neither. Of course it might work and Mancio should try it but I really fear it will cost conceded goals.

Indeed it is. I am however very displeased (if thatīs a word) with LOANING Veron. This loaning has meant that the player we should have built our future around, will not be a regular this season. I am of course talking about Emre.

Signing Veron on loan, gives our team an immense pressure to win something THIS year. Why else having Veron on loan for a year? What we should have done instead is to get Emre fully accustomed to the very same role and work on a project from there. Right now we have a very short-term project and I donīt like it. Because I donīt think we have a decent chance to win the Scudetto this year.
    Words of wisdom, couldn't agree more. Signing Veron on loan was extremely stupid and short term thinking. And Emre is screwed.

I think we failed big time in the transfer market again. Inter signed several players they didn't need and weren't able to sell players (it's not a surprise though if you think circumstances). But the worst thing to me: we losed massive number of heart and passion with Adani (who was treated like a dog), Ventola and Kallon. Cannavaro for Carini was the last straw for the failure. Vergogna Inter![/b]
    \"Inter is a lovely illness which leaves eternal scars\"

I agree with Han that some of the players where not neaded...the Likes of Veron and Ze Maria. And I truely daubt that we pay that much to them....If I'm not mistaking it Davids wages that bring it up to that amaunt. And we could have saved some money if didn't get Choutos and Mihajlovic, which in my opinion are totaly not needed. I would have preferd Davids and Emre on the central midfield, stankovic on the left wing and here comes the million doller question...But who should play on the right. honestly I don't trus AVM that much. So maybe we coold have saved abaut 100.000 Euros per week

So you want 4 central defenders, Mikkel? I know Miha isnīt that great... But 4...?

Indonesia

I think it was € 40 Mil. a year we save now.

Well I am absolutely amazed you find VDM better than Ze Maria... Emre better than Veron too but Veron is not that much better IMO as Ze M over VDM.
    Difference of opinion between the 2 of us. How surprising! Anyway, I think that if they want to sign Veron, they need to sell Emre. Same case with VDM - ZM. It's a bloody bunch of balloney that we are saving 40 millions Euros per year. Facchetti has lied before and this is just another one. Please tell me how did we manage to do that when we have signed a lot of players in the summer? Canna's wage is surely not more than Davids, Veron and Cambiasso combined! The only way that Facchetti's statement will is true is if all the players took a pretty drastic wage-cut, which I very highly doubt.

[quote=Gismo"]So you want 4 central defenders, Mikkel? I know Miha isn't that great... But 4...?
    Gismo, you just have to accept the fact that most of us think that 2 players for each position is very much sufficient. Please don't have this presumption that 2 players per each position is a bad thing to have. That is your opinion and your opinion only. It's not a fact.

Handyo

I was only asking, Hanster.

The only way that Facchetti's statement will is true is if all the players took a pretty drastic wage-cut, which I very highly doubt.
    I believe that.

Indonesia

I was only asking, Hanster.
    Hehe.

I believe that.
    That? Which? My statement or Facchetti's? My guess is the latter.

Handyo

Yes, I believe I quoted it.

Yes I do belive that 4 should be enaugh....Because that will mean that every single player will get more playin time and that means that the player will know each other much better then if there was 5..But at this moment it's actualy good that we have more then 4...When u have to consider that Cordoba are suspended, Gamarra and Burdisso are injured.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Serie A preview: Internazionale

It is 15 years since Internazionale won their last Scudetto, but benefactor Massimo Moratti believes that the arrival of several key players and coach Roberto Mancini may finally bring success back to the club.

Every year Inter make big signings, and every year they flatter to deceive in the course of the season.

However, in Mancini they have a coach that turned a sow's ear into a silk purse at Lazio last year, squeezing remarkable performances from his team despite the financial dark clouds gathering over the club.

Mancini now has money at his disposal, and will no doubt be delighted with the club's capture of some major names over the course of the summer.

Edgar Davids was persuaded to return to Italy after his success on loan to Barcelona last year and Juan Sebastian Veron is a man keen to get his career back on track after a terrible spell in England.

Ze Maria, Giuseppe Favalli, Sinisa Mihajlovic, Nicolas Burdisso and Esteban Cambiasso have all been hand picked by Mancini to come in - although Matias Almeyda, Fabio Cannavaro, Thomas Helveg, Mohammed Kallon and Daniele Adani have all left for pastures new.

Up front the change of coach handed a fresh start to the influential figure of Christian Vieri - another who will be looking to put Euro 2004 behind him and concentrate on finding the back of the net as prolifically as he always has for his club sides.

Brazilian Adriano is fast becoming one of the most feared strikers in Serie A, and Obafemi Martins, Julio Cruz and Alvaro Recoba give Mancini plenty of other options up front.

Skysports.com prediction: It is about time Inter lived up to their promise and competed for a title. Mancini looks a man capable of bringing glory to the club - but will have to be strong to keep up with Juventus and neighbours Milan.

One to watch: Adriano has shown that he has the skill, pace and eye for goal to be a world class player, if he can add consistency to this list then this is practically guaranteed.

Star man: Although captain and stalwart Javier Zanetti deserves special mention Christian Vieri remains the player most capable of dictating Inter's season. Will want to write off much of the past 12 months and get back amongst the goals.

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Some interesting stuff there:

1)We have really upgraded in transfers,observe:

OUT--------------------IN
    Almeyda------------------Cambiasso - Upgrade
    Cannavaro----------------Burdisso - No difference
    Helveg---------------------Ze Maria - Upgrade
    Kallon---------------------Favalli - Can't compare
    Adani----------------------Mihajlovic - Downgrade

Thats just one downgrade,two upgrades and one which is about equal,not bad.

2)The SkySports prediction doesn't actually say where we will finish.

3)They think Adriano needs a bit more consistency

4)They think that Vieri will be our star player

Interesting.

Fabio 2
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"