Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104144151152153154
Results 3,061 to 3,065 of 3065

Thread: Football Manager

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

I've started last week with a journey in the Serie C with Arezzo. With the clubs I usually choose (Ajax, Inter) I normally stop after 3/5 years because I'm winning everything and had some unbeaten seasons. So I wanted to try something new, some challenge and my god did I get it. Allmost no money to invest in the club or in my squad so it's mostly getting free players or loan them. The upside of playing with Arezzo is that they have some partnership with Fiorentina and Inter so it's easy to sign youth players or loan some players from them(if they want to come). I'm now halfway through the season and I'm leading the Serie B together with Citadella, got beaten in the Coppa Italia by Sampdoria.

But I was wondering, do we really have some sort of partnership with Arezzo and if not why do we have that in the game itself? Was hoping someone could tell me more about this.

2. Thanks (2): Azul, MVD

Fav. Player
    Vitor Baía

Portugal

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    I've started last week with a journey in the Serie C with Arezzo. With the clubs I usually choose (Ajax, Inter) I normally stop after 3/5 years because I'm winning everything and had some unbeaten seasons. So I wanted to try something new, some challenge and my god did I get it. Allmost no money to invest in the club or in my squad so it's mostly getting free players or loan them. The upside of playing with Arezzo is that they have some partnership with Fiorentina and Inter so it's easy to sign youth players or loan some players from them(if they want to come). I'm now halfway through the season and I'm leading the Serie B together with Citadella, got beaten in the Coppa Italia by Sampdoria.

But I was wondering, do we really have some sort of partnership with Arezzo and if not why do we have that in the game itself? Was hoping someone could tell me more about this.
    What I like to do to prevent the game for being monotonous is to change teams as soon as it gets too easy.
    This year I played with Académica in the Portuguese league with the goal to get promoted and be champion in the next seasons, I did it in 5 seasons iirc, then moved on to Nott Forest (still in the championship) they had a decent team since they´ve been fighting for promotion before, won the league and am now on the 3rd season with them fighting for the CL spots.

4. Thanks (3): Materazzi_23, MVD, Strale

Fav. Player
    Plusvalenza+

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Here's a WIP on that Online Manager thing I posted about couple months ago. Decided to pick it up again since there's nothing else to do in quarantine. Has a working backend and all that.

https://streamable.com/46rfod

Meant to be a mix of FIFA's Ultimate Team & Football Manager.

Working a little on the match engine now (player movement, raycasting, chasing ball and dribbling):
    https://streamable.com/ijtwot
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

6. Thanks (2): MVD, Strale

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Hi, what formation and playing style do you use? Also what is the role for the striker? I tried 4 3 3 dm wide vertical tiki taka but goal from striker is really lacking. Whether it's lukaku (which later i sold), lautaro, or esposito. When i use 5 2 1 2 in first season they both (lukaku and lautaro) both scoring many goals, lukaku even became top scorer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Sorry brother, didn't see the post. I'm an idiot.

I guess it's too late, but iirc I played with 1 striker AF role, with SS role in AM postion, two wingers (same foot as the side they play on), 2 wing backs, two CMs, I tinkered a lot, looking for what's working for other people all over the internet, but I grew restless and never actually won the CL and stopped playing. Serie A was easy. Positive mentality, high pressing, high defensive line, higher tempo but work ball into the box, which resulted in some quite sweet plays and goals.

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Azul View Post
    What I like to do to prevent the game for being monotonous is to change teams as soon as it gets too easy.
    This year I played with Académica in the Portuguese league with the goal to get promoted and be champion in the next seasons, I did it in 5 seasons iirc, then moved on to Nott Forest (still in the championship) they had a decent team since they´ve been fighting for promotion before, won the league and am now on the 3rd season with them fighting for the CL spots.
    After 3,5 years at Arezzo and bringing them to the Serie A I felt I had accomplice everything I could for now. The board didn't want to expand the stadium or build a new one, I had a lot of trouble signing good players because not a lot wanted to come only if I offered tons of money and I didn't thought they were worth it. Then I got an offer from Napoli which ended 7th, 7th and 12th in the Serie A and were now standing on the 14th spot.

I accepted the offer because I thought it would be fun to overhaul the complete squad of Napoli. The only players left from now are Meret, Manolas, Allan and Insigne. I have a transferbudget of 50M and I'm planning on upgrade the youth Academy and within 2 years play with at least 5 youth players from Napels itself and try and get young Italian players. Try to get a new stadium and make Napoli a real contester for the title.

Funny thing was that I played the last match for the winterbreak against Napoli and fuckin Vecino was playing CB with Daley Blind beside him. But when I saw who was the previous coach it made sense, Luciano fuckin Spalletti was the guy who bought these kind of players. Target for the remaining season is to get an EL spot, for me personally I want to try and get CL-football because I need the money but it's a new challenge so I'm excited about the project. Oh and Italy beated Germany in the WC Final of 2022, U19 become European Champions in the summer so we have enough talent in Italy to bring Napoli back to the top with only Italian players!