Thread: Safety Travelling With Colours In Italy

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Safety Travelling With Colours In Italy

I'm going to the Parma game but I'm travelling on the train from Peschiera del Garda. I'm not planning on taking a bag or anything so I'll be wearing Inter stuff. Is it safe enough travelling around, particularly alone, wearing colours in Italy as, for example, in England/Scotland, it wouldn't be?

In addition I'm going in with the Ultras at the game so should I be aware of anything from a safety point-of-view as I don't want to irritate them?

Any other advice?
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Questa una Zona Anti-Gobbizzata!

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    All I know is, I was kicked out of a store in Firenze when I walked in with an Inter t-shirt on, during the summer lol

I thought I was going to get my ass kicked...but other than that, no one said anything

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    first bit of advice, if you're going in with the ultras, don't wear an Inter shirt.. that's the first way to provoke them..

Generally in Italy sports wear isnt worn like it would be in the UK, you wouldn't be allowed in most historical/religious places with it, especially if it was in a different city than the team you're wearing..

Unlikely to provoke people as they'll know you're a tourist though
    Juve - ladri colpevolia per sempre
    Una volta un ladro sempre un ladro

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    first bit of advice, if you're going in with the ultras, don't wear an Inter shirt.. that's the first way to provoke them..

Generally in Italy sports wear isnt worn like it would be in the UK, you wouldn't be allowed in most historical/religious places with it, especially if it was in a different city than the team you're wearing..

Unlikely to provoke people as they'll know you're a tourist though
    Just saw your reply to the thread I left. I went in with the Ultras wearing an Inter cap, t-shirt (not a shirt though) and an Inter scarf and they were fine with me. Why would it provoke them if I was wearing that stuff as it is of their team?
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    tshirt, cap, etc is fine. Just not the replica shirt.. they have strong beliefs on the merchandising thing

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

tshirt, cap, etc is fine. Just not the replica shirt.. they have strong beliefs on the merchandising thing
    Can you explain or describe the beliefs on the merchandising? I've seen people before in the curva with the replica shirt on. It seems a bit stupid when everything should be geared towards supporting the club and the replica shirts earn a lot of money for Inter.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Fav. Player
    CN69

Italy

10 years of FIF
    lol a lot of replica shirts worn in the curva are cheap copies.. firstly they dont believe in glorifying players with name printing - when they have worn the shirts, they have no printing or something like "curva nord 69" on the back..

Also the price of these things. Curva groups sell their own group clothing for a fraction of the price - 15 euros for a nice tshirt, 10 for a scarf..

They don't believe that wearing a 90 euro shirt from Nike makes you support the club more than anybody else, turning up to 38+ games per season in rain, snow, whatever, buying the season ticket.. That's supporting the club

Liberta' per gli ultras

No al calcio moderno

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

lol a lot of replica shirts worn in the curva are cheap copies.. firstly they dont believe in glorifying players with name printing - when they have worn the shirts, they have no printing or something like "curva nord 69" on the back..

Also the price of these things. Curva groups sell their own group clothing for a fraction of the price - 15 euros for a nice tshirt, 10 for a scarf..

They don't believe that wearing a 90 euro shirt from Nike makes you support the club more than anybody else, turning up to 38+ games per season in rain, snow, whatever, buying the season ticket.. That's supporting the club
    I don't believe for a moment that it makes you a better supporter if you have the jersey. That would be a nonsense. I just meant that as the shirts make a lot of money for the club then they shouldn't be anti-them particularly as for people living far away from Milan it is hard to support the team by going to every match. Mind you, the closest I go to being an "ultra" in any sport is for the Kilkenny hurling team. I go to every match but yet don't own a current jersey and haven't for some time.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!