Thread: Rubin Kazan - Inter (29 Sep 09)

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Italy

84 Forum Supporter

Rubin Kazan - Inter (29 Sep 09)

vs
    Tue, Sep 29 2009, 18:30

The European football spotlight will shine for the first time on Kazan, capital of the Russian province of Tatarstan, when local favourites FC Rubin Kazan play host to FC Internazionale Milano in Group F on Matchday 2.

• Beaten 3-1 at FC Dynamo Kyiv on their group-stage bow, Rubin are making their home debut in the UEFA Champions League at the Tsentralnyi Stadium. The Italian titleholders shared a goalless draw with holders FC Barcelona on Matchday 1.

Match background
    • Inter are looking for a third successive win on their travels to Russia.

• Kurban Berdyev's Russian champions are newcomers to the international stage and their 1-0 home loss to another Serie A side, Parma FC, in the 2006/07 UEFA Cup first round is their only previous home match in UEFA club competition proper, excluding the UEFA Intertoto Cup.

• Only Macbeth Sibaya and the recently returned Alejandro Domínguez of the present Rubin squad featured in that game against Parma, Lasha Salukvadze and Nukri Revishvili watching from the bench. Rubin also lost the second leg 1-0.

• Adding qualifying rounds to the equation, Rubin have played five home games against European opposition and have a mixed record of two wins, two defeats and one draw.

• Inter have performed impressively on Russian soil in the past, recording three wins and just one defeat on six previous visits.

• The Nerazzurri's most recent trip yielded a 2-1 comeback win at PFC CSKA Moskva in the 2007/08 group stage, Hernán Crespo and Walter Samuel scoring second-half goals.

• Twelve months earlier they earned a 1-0 victory away to FC Spartak Mosvka at the same stage of the competition.

Team ties
    • Domínguez and Inter's Esteban Cambiasso were team-mates at CA River Plate, winning the Argentinian Clausura championship together in 2001/02.

• Rubin midfielder Sibaya was an unused substitute when Rosenborg BK held Inter 2-2 at home in their opening game of the 2002/03 group stage. Sibaya also remained on the bench for Rosenborg's subsequent 3-0 reverse at San Siro.

• With his previous club Chelsea FC, Inter coach José Mourinho oversaw home (2-0) and away (1-0) victories against a CSKA Moskva side featuring Rubin's Sergei Semak in the 2004/05 group stage.

• Semak scored twice away to Parma in the 2002/03 UEFA Cup first round – his efforts in vain as his CSKA side conceded a last-minute goal to lose 3-2 on the night, 4-3 on aggregate.

(From Uefa.com)
    ***FORZA INTER***

Follow me on Twitter
    @alessandrodiosi

Administrator of the Australian Inter page. Your welcome to join the community
    https://www.facebook.com/interaustralia

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think this will be a very hard match for soo many factors,more than anything Jose isnt good handling teams he doesnt know or see alot of.The weather,the journey and the tired legs are all factors.The fact we lost our last match to me should be one hell of a motivator though...
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

Montenegro

It's going to be a very though game...Pitch will be bad 100%.

I think that Suazo and Eto'o can make a diference with their speed.

Quaresma should start also.

Please Jose,don't put Viera in the game!

Fav. Player
    The Special One

Australia

Alessandro how does inter usually do when you open game threads? Apparently the thread starter was the reason we lost to Samp LOL

Thats the squad for this game.What happened with Sneijder,second game he misses.
    Can this squad be changed or is it final selection?

APPIANO GENTILE - José Mourinho will take the following 20 players with him to Russia for Tuesday evening's 2009/10 UEFA Champions League Group F Matchday 2 tie against Rubin Kazan at the Tsentralnyi Stadium in Kazan.

Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 12 Julio Cesar, 21 Paolo Orlandoni.

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 6 Lucio, 13 Maicon, 25 Walter Samuel, 26 Cristian Chivu, 39 Davide Santon.

Midfielders: 5 Dejan Stankovic, 7 Ricardo Quaresma, 11 Sulley Muntari, 14 Patrick Vieira, 15 Rene Krhin, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 30 Alessandro Amantino Mancini.

Strikers: 9 Samuel Eto'o, 22 Diego Milito, 45 Mario Balotelli.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Cesar
    Maicon-Luico-Coroba-Santon
    Stankovic-Zanetti-Cambiasso
    --------Quaresma----------
    ----Militio----------Eto'o

Thats how i would play.
    Last edited by K.I.; 29 Sep 09 at 18:37.

Fav. Player
    Adriano, Recoba

Quote Originally Posted by vinyl View Post
    Alessandro how does inter usually do when you open game threads? Apparently the thread starter was the reason we lost to Samp LOL
    Yes, i wish to never see 1919 open a match thread again.

Back to the topic, the trips to Russia are always the hardest, but i feel our experience and ability show see us through with a 2-1 victory.
    GRANDE INTER, Amore Mio!

Dear Santa, the past year, you took my favorite singer, Michael Jackson and my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze.
    I want you to know for the next year, that Milan is my favorite oldie, and Juventus is my favorite bitch.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

India

Cesar
    Maicon-Luico-Samuel-Santon
    Zanetti-Cambiasso-Muntari
    ------Stankovic-------
    Militio----Eto'o

Or mabye balotelli as the trequartista. He's played there in the azzurrini so why not give it a try?
    Last edited by Rimpel; 27 Sep 09 at 15:15.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    The fact that we're playing with last season's midfield really pisses me off, I think we'll start with the formation against Samp maybe with Muntari instead of Vieira.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

United States

Forum Supporter FIF Special Ones
    Aren't they really struggling in their own league?

Syria

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Inter Forever View Post
    Aren't they really struggling in their own league?

lol...If you call defending champions that are 7 points clear of Zenit as struggling, then you're a harsh critic

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

United States

Forum Supporter FIF Special Ones
    Oh, ha, I thought I read somewhere they got like 1 point in their last 2 matches (home?).

Quote Originally Posted by Inter Forever View Post
    Oh, ha, I thought I read somewhere they got like 1 point in their last 2 matches (home?).
    I think after the Dynamo Kiev game they lost confidence and the sense of invincibility they had developed when playing in their league.Its maybe a nice time to face them in that perspective but a VERY BAD time considering that our 2 most technical midfielders aren't playing. We are basically playing with last year's midfield ,we all know what that means...

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Not much is known about the opponent and we will be missing Motta and Sneijder in MF. Not going to be easy
    F.C. Internazionale Milano

"We would have won this game even with seven men. Maybe with six we would have struggled, but we would have won with seven." Jose Mourinho after Derby della Madonnina

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I've been thinking our formation would probably be one of these two considering the lack of options in midfield.

0 0 Milito 0 Eto'o 0 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 0 0 Stankovic 0 0 0<br />
0 Muntari 0 0 0 Zanetti 0<br />
0 0 0 Cambiasso 0 0 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
Chivu 0 Samuel 0 Lucio 0 Maicon<br />
Julio Cesar

Instead of Muntari there could be Vieira but I'm betting if it comes to either one or the other it would definitely be Muntari. Then if we opt for the 4-3-3 it could be something like this:

0 0 0 Milito 0 0 0<br />
0 Balotelli 0 0 0 Eto'o 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 Zanetti 0 0 0 Stankovic 0<br />
0 0 0 Cambiasso 0 0 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
Julio Cesar

So if Mou doesn't show any confidence in both Muntari and Vieira, I'm betting this would be our formation, my preference from the two would be the latter.

Fav. Player
    balotelli, ,zan

----------------cesar-----------------
    -maicon--lucio-----samuel--santon-
    ---stankovic-cambiasso-muntari---
    ---------------balotelli---------------
    ------------milito---eto'o------------

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF
     0 0 45 0 22 0 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
7 0 0 0 0 0 30<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
0 0 4 0 Cambiasso 0 0<br />
0 0 0 0 0 0 0<br />
Julio Cesar

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

50 FIF Special Ones
    In their last match they lost(Rubin 1-2 Amkar). Now Spartak is only 4 points behind them.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Ok guys this is going to be a general warning since this has been happening for a while anyone who discuss the tv station showing the game will be hit with an infraction. Use the appropriate thread:http://www.forzainterforums.com/foru...t=1776&page=41
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Chuchu

New poster just wanted to chime in here and say that a loss in this game would be a complete and unmitigated disaster that could send the team into a downward spiral. Even a draw would be an extremely poor result.

It is always difficult playing in Russia. Fortunately, it is September and not January! Add to this our losses of Sneidjer and Motta - the two players at our thinnest position. It is going to be a tough game...

Fortunately, I think that this team is built to grind out wins in "tough" games. I have faith in them.

As far as tactics go, I totally agree with Toninu above. I would play his 4-3-3 (switching Esteban and Zanetti). But I think that Jose will play the 4-4-2.

Prediction: 2-0 Inter (Eto'o, Samuel).