Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from California

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Chuchu

Hello from California

Hello everyone!

Came across this page through a link from BigSoccer. I am really glad to find an active, English-language Inter forum full of knowledgeable folks.

(I was also rather taken by the insightful, comprehensive discussion in the adult thread...seems like there are some real connoisseurs here!)

Been a Nerrazurri supporter since '98, though I have been following them more closely in the last 5 years or so, with more and more games being shown here in the US. I am not sure what hooked me ... I think that there is something to the saying that a club chooses you as opposed to you choosing the club.

Seen them twice live: Last November, I saw the Juve match at the San Siro, which was of course amazing. This past summer, I saw them play Chelsea at the Rose Bowl here in LA. That was quite boring, truth be told.

Anyway, looking forward to posting.

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Glad to have you, keep posting.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Quote Originally Posted by BeckhamPuto View Post
    Been a Nerrazurri supporter since '98
    what made you a fan?

Fav. Player
    SE SALTELLI....

Singapore

welcome....

Fav. Player
    Zanetti
    Old name
    Bessi

Albania

50 FIF Special Ones
    Welcome.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Chuchu

Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    what made you a fan?
    I started seriously watching soccer after the '94 World Cup. I did not have any reason to root for any particular European team but liked the games anyway, particularly UFEA Cup/UCL. I thought that it would be more fun to have a team to support.

I am not the kind of person who jumps on bandwagons, so I couldn't see myself liking Man U, Arsenal, Barca, etc. But I still wanted to root for a team "big" enough to play in the CL, contend domestically, etc., with a great history. Saw an Inter game in '97 or 98, something like that, and found myself rooting for them for no particular reason. Liked Vieri, liked Zanetti, liked Ronaldo, I guess..

Then many little things started to happen...Inter seemed to often be on when I sat down for a break...I seemed to beat my little cousins in videogames while playing Inter (only)...learned about Inter's history and chuckled about its parallels with my family's "official" team (NY Rangers - Ice Hockey - basically a big city team with passionate fans with a history of dizzing highs and heartbreaking lows) they and then - the big one - Juve-Inter coincided with a long-planned vacation to Italy. That left me hooked for life! The club picked me.

Anyway, a little long there...but you asked.

I started seriously watching soccer after the '94 World Cup. I did not have any reason to root for any particular European team but liked the games anyway, particularly UFEA Cup/UCL. I thought that it would be more fun to have a team to support.

I am not the kind of person who jumps on bandwagons, so I couldn't see myself liking Man U, Arsenal, Barca, etc. But I still wanted to root for a team "big" enough to play in the CL, contend domestically, etc., with a great history. Saw an Inter game in '97 or 98, something like that, and found myself rooting for them for no particular reason. Liked Vieri, liked Zanetti, liked Ronaldo, I guess..

Then many little things started to happen...Inter seemed to often be on when I sat down for a break...I seemed to beat my little cousins in videogames while playing Inter (only)...learned about Inter's history and chuckled about its parallels with my family's "official" team (NY Rangers - Ice Hockey - basically a big city team with passionate fans with a history of
    dizzing highs and heartbreaking lows) they and then - the big one - Juve-Inter coincided with a long-planned vacation to Italy. That left me hooked for life! The club picked me.

inter is such a wonderfull drug once you start its impossible to finish
    juventus and ac milan fans would be like mr garrison and say
    "inter is bad mmkay" and try and get you off the addiction but its good for you
    just that they are jealous that they dont support such a wonderfull team

glad you didnt go to barca or man united
    Fuck this Gone

Fav. Player
    JZ4

Then many little things started to happen...Inter seemed to often be on when I sat down for a break...I seemed to beat my little cousins in videogames while playing Inter (only)...learned about Inter's history and chuckled about its parallels with my family's "official" team (NY Rangers - Ice Hockey - basically a big city team with passionate fans with a history of dizzing highs and heartbreaking lows) they and then - the big one - Juve-Inter coincided with a long-planned vacation to Italy. That left me hooked for life! The club picked me.

Cool. I asked cause i became a fan around the same time. Was an on and off B-liga fan (been a Dortmund fan for as long as i remember) then I heard of Ronaldo and followed him closely when he was at Barca. Then wen he joined Inter, my brothers and cousins were Milan fans so I thought fuck it, its Inter for me. What really sealed it was the loss to Juve in the latter half of the season.

I agree with intermilanista5, it is a drug and I'm hooked. I guess it has to do with all heartache and pain Inter fan's have suffered over the years.

Welcome to the forum. there are a lot of crazy, know-it-all inter fans here, myself included

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Nice to have you here.
    F.C. Internazionale Milano

"We would have won this game even with seven men. Maybe with six we would have struggled, but we would have won with seven." Jose Mourinho after Derby della Madonnina

Welcome in Forza Inter Forums, stick around and keep posting.
    Massimo Moratti: "Javier Zanetti ha sempre onorato la maglia e ci ha sempre fatto sentire fieri di essere interisti"

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Welcome!

Whereabout in Cali are you from? We have several Californian Nerazzurri fans here too and I myself used to study in San Francisco.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Chuchu

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    Welcome!

Whereabout in Cali are you from? We have several Californian Nerazzurri fans here too and I myself used to study in San Francisco.
    I live in Santa Monica.

Fav. Player
    DjorkaeffRecoba

Hong Kong

Hello, BeckhamPuto, I live in California too. I was staying in Santa Monica from 2001 to 2004, and then I moved to Berkeley and stay there until now.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Quote Originally Posted by cuckooc View Post
    Hello, BeckhamPuto, I live in California too. I was staying in Santa Monica from 2001 to 2004, and then I moved to Berkeley and stay there until now.
    Hey, I went to Berkeley for four years as well. Do you happen to be enrolled at CAL too?

"We would have won this game even with seven men. Maybe with six we would have struggled, but we would have won with seven." Jose Mourinho after Derby della Madonnina

Fav. Player
    DjorkaeffRecoba

Hong Kong

yep, I was graduated from CAL. I am a transfer student, so I just stayed there for 2 years, only junior and senior year

Fav. Player
    DjorkaeffRecoba

Hong Kong

Go BEARS!!!!

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Taiwan

Nice, add me on facebook

Nit Taksatorn, Berkeley

Go Bears!

Fav. Player
    DjorkaeffRecoba

Hong Kong

oh, my god, I seldom use facebook and I've forgot my password. I used berkeley email address to register, but now I can't check the mail after I graduated. I will add you once I find out my password....

oh.., sorry for hijacking this post....

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Go Dons!

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

United States

Welcome..

What's the meaning of your nick, Beckham ...something... ? Can't be good though, right?
    I learned about love, faith, and patience from Massimo Moratti.