Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inter's head office: Arrogant and ignorant

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Inter's head office: Arrogant and ignorant

Hi fellows,

I just want to open your eyes for something about Inter that seems more than unbelievable to me.
    I am living in Germany and have always been enthusiastic for Inter since the 1980s, when German Player Müller, Rummenigge, Matthäus, Brehme and Klinsmann played for Inter. So for nearly 20 years, Inter was “my” club. In all these years I traveled to Milano up to ten times per season to see matches live at the Meazza stadium.

So there was a lot of money, time and effort that I spent as being an “Interista”.

But in the meantime I am only disappointed about this arrogant and ignorant club.
    And that is the reason: FC Internazionale’s head office does not keep if for necessary answering a short letter with two or three questions that a long time supporter sends to them.

I am trying that now for at least three months. Three times I sent the same friendly telefax in easy English language.
    My questions mainly concerned the presumed end of the official printed magazine “Inter Football Club” (because since July it is not possible to buy it in Germany any longer and there has also been no hint on Inter’s website). The second reason for writing were massive troubles that I had the day before the Parma-match some weeks ago, buying tickets in advance in the city of Milano. During a 3-hour-journey through Milano I had been told in each ticket office that from the beginning of the 2009/2010-season it is no longer possible to buy tickets for Inter matches there, although Inter points out to these special ticket offices at it’s own website. Very strange, indeed.

So I tried to send my questions per Telefax, I also used the function “Contact the club” on the website, I also phoned and asked to be connected to a person that could answer my questions – everything without success.

I cannot believe that I club that has the word “international” in its name can behave like that. By the way: I had one contact to Inter per Telefax in the early 90’s, concerning tickets. And I remember, that in those times after about one week I got a very friendly answer.

Unfortunately times seem to have changed. And the most disappointing thing is: Here in Germany every club from the 5 th division would be able to answer such a question – even in English. I am sure that it would be the same in almost every other country.

But Inter today obviously became an arrogant and ignorant club that is happy that its supporters bring money. But there is no service at all, even for foreign supporters.

For me the consequence is clear: Bye, bye Inter.

Yours rhb.
    Last edited by rhb; 08 Oct 09 at 16:07.

Fav. Player
    Moratti, Mourin

Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by rhb View Post

Hi fellows,

I just want to open your eyes for something about Inter that seems more than unbelievable to me.
    I am living in Germany and have always been enthusiastic for Inter since the 1980s, when German Player Müller, Rummenigge, Matthäus, Brehme and Klinsmann played for Inter. So for nearly 20 years, Inter was “my” club. In all these years I traveled to Milano up to ten times per season to see matches live at the Meazza stadium.

So there was a lot of money, time and effort that I spent as being an “Interista”.

But in the meantime I am only disappointed about this arrogant and ignorant club.
    And that is the reason: FC Internazionale’s head office does not keep if for necessary answering a short letter with two or three questions that a long time supporter sends to them.

I am trying that now for at least three months. Tree times I sent the same friendly telefax in easy English language.
    My questions mainly concerned the presumed end of the official printed magazine “Inter Football Club” (because since July it is not possible to buy it in Germany any longer and there has also been no hint on Inter’s website). The second reason for writing were massive troubles that I had the day before the Parma-match some weeks ago, buying tickets in advance in the city of Milano. During a 3-hour-journey through Milano I had been told in each ticket office that from the beginning of the 2009/2010-season it is no longer possible to buy tickets for Inter matches there, although Inter points out to these special ticket offices at it’s own website. Very strange, indeed.

So I tried to send my questions per Telefax, I also used the function “Contact the club” on the website, I also phoned and asked to be connected to a person that could answer my questions – everything without success.

I cannot believe that I club that has the word “international” in its name can behave like that. By the way: I had one contact to Inter per Telefax in the early 90’s, concerning tickets. And I remember, that in those times after about one week I got a very friendly answer.

Unfortunately times seem to have changed. And the most disappointing thing is: Here in Germany every club from the 5 th division would be able to answer such a question – even in English. I am sure that it would be the same in almost every other country.

But Inter today obviously became an arrogant and ignorant club that is happy that its supporters bring money. But there is no service at all, even for foreign supporters.

For me the consequence is clear: Bye, bye Inter.

Yours rhb.
    I understand your frustration and disappointment.

Let me explain the situation from my point view and from my personal experience. I've went to Inter's few times just to enter the "management room" which had all the trophies that club has won and luckily I managed to enter it once after being told that a some meeting has finished and now was my chance.

The main problem my friend is that Inter is run as a "family business" and not as a corporation. Unlike other major clubs in Europe such Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich etc... Inter is well behind such clubs in terms of management and organization.

Although the club's owner and Chairman (Massimo Moratti) loves Inter so much and has always dedicated him time and money to make his club successful, I've never seen signs from him any signs of changing how the club is being run. In my honest opinion the club is being run according to what Moratti wants and that's his right since he's the majority shareholder but the future doesn't look great for us if one day he went away.

Unless Inter change its mentality from being a family business to being a corporate, we will continue to see the same behavior you and I has experienced.

That's why I'm so desperate to see the club build it's own stadium as soon as possible because it's the first step to re-organize the mess we are in at the moment. I hope that by doing so we will be forced to appoint capable people who will run the club properly.
    "Inter has always been a crazy team, they lose when they need to win and vice versa. It's in their DNA...".

Sandro Mazzola

"Why haven't I kissed the Inter shirt yet? For one reason only: first I have to win and earn the faith of all those who support me in this adventure."

Samuel Eto'o

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Dear Hussein,

thank you very much for your answer. I see that you are an “Interista” with a great base of knowledge.
    So at first my congratulations go to you that you were able to enter Inter’s trophy room. I myself did not find Inter’s head office yet, because at the official address in Milano (Via Durini 24 and since some months Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 9) there is no sign for Inter at all. And Appiano Gentile of course also is closed all the time.

In the meantime Inter seems to me as a club that wants to hide from its fans. Throughout the years for example I have collected more than 100 Inter shirts. I thought nothing would be able to destroy my love to this club. But now this frustrating thing that none of them shows any interest for two real problems I have.

It is interesting for me to hear that Inter is run more familiar and not as a corporation. But also I cannot believe that. I think, in today’s football business, where millions of Euros are handled each day, a club of Inter’s format cannot be run only familiar.

Okay, if it is really run familiar I would like that more that anything else in today’s commercial football!
    But look at this example: On the Internetsite, in the area for the supporters you have a function that is called “Contact the club”. Why do they offer this function, whereas it is clear, that nobody answers?
    That is the dilemma.
    And: During my last phone call that I tried, they finally gave me the name of a person from the press office that should be able to answer questions in English. But even from there to answer.

And by the way: Moratti spents millions and millions for players. Why does he not spend very little of that for a good organization?
    And something else: I do not think that times will get difficult when Moratti would disappear some day. Before him the wonderful Ernesto Pellegrini was President. And as I mentioned, under him it clearly was no problem getting an answer. If you ask me, I would like back Mr. Pellegrini, even if he has not so much money as Mr. Moratti. In today’s football money is more important than ever, but also money is not all.

And of course: Don’t you think that even a familiar run club should be able to answer one short and friendly letter within more than 20 years, that includes two or three questions?
    Here in Germany I do not need Bayern Munich or something like that. It is okay to go to the 5 th division and such questions will of course be answered. I am sure that it is the same e.g. in England.

Best wishes,
    Yours rhb

Fav. Player
    Moratti, Mourin

Bahrain

Dear Hussein,

thank you very much for your answer. I see that you are an “Interista” with a great base of knowledge.
    So at first my congratulations go to you that you were able to enter Inter’s trophy room. I myself did not find Inter’s head office yet, because at the official address in Milano (Via Durini 24 and since some months Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 9) there is no sign for Inter at all. And Appiano Gentile of course also is closed all the time.

In the meantime Inter seems to me as a club that wants to hide from its fans. Throughout the years for example I have collected more than 100 Inter shirts. I thought nothing would be able to destroy my love to this club. But now this frustrating thing that none of them shows any interest for two real problems I have.

It is interesting for me to hear that Inter is run more familiar and not as a corporation. But also I cannot believe that. I think, in today’s football business, where millions of Euros are handled each day, a club of Inter’s format cannot be run only familiar.

Okay, if it is really run familiar I would like that more that anything else in today’s commercial football!
    But look at this example: On the Internetsite, in the area for the supporters you have a function that is called “Contact the club”. Why do they offer this function, whereas it is clear, that nobody answers?
    That is the dilemma.
    And: During my last phone call that I tried, they finally gave me the name of a person from the press office that should be able to answer questions in English. But even from there to answer.

And by the way: Moratti spents millions and millions for players. Why does he not spend very little of that for a good organization?
    And something else: I do not think that times will get difficult when Moratti would disappear some day. Before him the wonderful Ernesto Pellegrini was President. And as I mentioned, under him it clearly was no problem getting an answer. If you ask me, I would like back Mr. Pellegrini, even if he has not so much money as Mr. Moratti. In today’s football money is more important than ever, but also money is not all.

And of course: Don’t you think that even a familiar run club should be able to answer one short and friendly letter within more than 20 years, that includes two or three questions?
    Here in Germany I do not need Bayern Munich or something like that. It is okay to go to the 5 th division and such questions will of course be answered. I am sure that it is the same e.g. in England.

Best wishes,
    Yours rhb
    I totally understand where you are coming from and I've discussed this on numerous occasions with my Interisti friends including Ehsan who is an Admin on this forum.

You see in Italy football has been poorly managed in the last decade or so. Calcio was the best league in the world back in the 80's and 90's and the Italian Campionato was considered as a mini world cup because of the number of stars and the quality of football it produced. Teams like "Parma" used to dominate in Europe with ease although they have never won a Serie A title!

Instead of taking advantage of being so successful on the pitch and building on such success, Italian teams and due to bad management are now on the back foot and trying to play catch up with the rest of Europe.

Going back to Inter, I think that comparing them with the other Italian teams, they will only trail Milan and Juventus in terms of organization. Teams such as Roma and Lazio don't even have English sites although they have many fans around the world so just imagine how those clubs are being run!

As I said in my previous post, Inter's mentality has to change to at least match Milan's mentality and that is to think about being successful outside Italy. Only then you will see a more organized club that works decently, but if this change doesn't come from above I can't see us having a bright future at all.
    "Inter has always been a crazy team, they lose when they need to win and vice versa. It's in their DNA...".

Sandro Mazzola

"Why haven't I kissed the Inter shirt yet? For one reason only: first I have to win and earn the faith of all those who support me in this adventure."

Samuel Eto'o

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    First of all, I find it extremely weird that you can lost your 20 years love for Inter just because the club did not adhere to your request correctly. I'm not criticizing you but don't you find it strange that because of some official's behavior at the club, who may not even be Interisti themselves, managed to create a chasm between you and Inter BUT you still sticked with the club throughout all those trophyless years? Loving a football club is very much different from loving a person; it is a one-way love and there is little way the club can repay you.

Secondly, I don't want to sound racist here and I've only been in Italy for 2 times so I don't wanna sound a smartass either but I honestly thought that it is common knowledge that Italians are not the best in creating systems/organizations. For example, Indonesians wanting to visit Italy had to sit outside the Italian embassy for 24 hours and you can't leave the spot. No kidding bro. And have you tried tax refund for shopping in Italy? I was shocked when they told me that they do not have Euro currency at hand. Unbelievable, they gave me US$ at the rate of 1.3 when it's supposed to be 1.45. I haven't been around Europe that much so I don't know if this incompetence is isolated just at Italy and I'm sorry if I sound racist but my point is, don't be surprised if you are not treated well there.

Well basically, reconsider your stance. Pardon my bluntness but I find the reason why you're deserting Inter to be ludicrous. If you can stand all the crap performances that our players produced, why can't you stand the crap services the officials gave you?

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Hello,
    most things you mention are okay.
    But my opinion is, that I definitely do not love a club who shows such an arrogance and ignorance to its supporters (I am obviously only one example for that). And you can never program sportive success, but as a club that has "international" in its name and deals with millions of euros for new players each season it should at least be no problem answering something like this: "Sorry, we cannot reply in English language" or something like that. Not reacting anyway is always definitely the poorest thing and is affronting.
    Its a shame for this club. I will tell you: If I had known this, I would have never become an Interista. And by the way: Today I talked to a Journalist. He is a German and works in Italy as correspondent for a great German newspaper. He told me: 98 Percent of all his desires for interviews are negated by Inter without reacting anyway to his inquiries.
    The poorest club in Europe, definitely.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    So which club will you support now?
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    So which club will you support now?
    Sorry, but that is not the question.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

Well that is the question. And I am really interested to know what will you do now. Will you support another club? Will you hate Inter and pray they do miserably? Will you stop watching football altogether?

PS - Please introduce yourself in the Introductions forum in Fan Exchange.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Well that is the question. And I am really interested to know what will you do now. Will you support another club? Will you hate Inter and pray they do miserably? Will you stop watching football altogether?

PS - Please introduce yourself in the Introductions forum in Fan Exchange.
    It is not the question. So please respect this. What I am going to do is my private decision, it does not belong here.

Also I think that you are no moderator of this forum. So it is up to me if I am going to introduce myself. It is also not your subject. If you continue writing such posts I will complain about you by contacting the moderator.

Well I understand that it is painful to discover what club Inter really is. It was the same for me. But therefore you do not have to attack me - you would better attack Inter.
    Bye.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

First of all, I would never attack Inter. I may stop following them, may get disillusioned, get deranged or whatever but not attack Inter.

Second, I am not attacking you. Its a general recommended practice on this forum that you introduce yourself. If you don't want to, its your wish.

Third, yes that is your private decision. If you don't want to answer, then good for you. But I am only trying to help you. It would help us understand your feelings better and help you cope with this.

Thank you.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    santon,crisetig

It is not the question. So please respect this. What I am going to do is my private decision, it does not belong here.

Also I think that you are no moderator of this forum. So it is up to me if I am going to introduce myself. It is also not your subject. If you continue writing such posts I will complain about you by contacting the moderator.

Well I understand that it is painful to discover what club Inter really is. It was the same for me. But therefore you do not have to attack me - you would better attack Inter.
    Bye.
    wow..giving up on Inter for this is RETARDED..i understand your frustration and u can choose not to go anymore to games but to quit your team after so many years because of some employees who don`t know to do their job is f.... ridiculous...so we should understand that if your wife or gf won`t answer your phone one day u will leave her for not threating u properly?

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Quote Originally Posted by InterArad View Post
    wow..giving up on Inter for this is RETARDED..i understand your frustration and u can choose not to go anymore to games but to quit your team after so many years because of some employees who don`t know to do their job is f.... ridiculous...so we should understand that if your wife or gf won`t answer your phone one day u will leave her for not threating u properly?
    Well, I think this comparison is not realistic.
    For me, liking a club or not, has also something to do with the attitude the club has towards the supporters. Not only the team and the players are important, at least for me. I know that my attitude is more critical than attitudes many others have, but: If others would also have a critical attitude, there would surely be another mentality concerning the own fans from inter's side.

Fav. Player
    J.Z, Matrix, De

Romania

Bye.

hello and welcome to the forum although i don't think you will visit this forum more often from now on.
    i understand your frustration but this is the reality which doesn't shock me or other at all.i know how things work in Deutschland but you have to understand and adapt whenever you travel in a foreign country...nothing is similar to your own..

now,rockball just kindly asked you to present yourself in the fan exchange topic there's no need to start insulting the man and speaking like that.
    and he was just curious to know what you are going to do from now on and whom will you support...so there's no need to be rude
    ONLY & 4EVER FORZA INTER !!!

Meglio Vivere un Giorno da Leone che Cento Anni da Pecora

Fav. Player
    No Milan player

Hi Sergiu,

okay, you know how things work in Germany. But I also know how things work in other Italian clubs, in Spanish clubs oder English clubs. The fact is that Inter gives itself an absolutely poor account by behaving like this. Each supporter, who does not care about such circumstances, gives also himself a poor account.
    And I simply do not want to accept this while traveling to Milano 6 or more hours, paying much money for seeing a match and so on.
    It is enough, your mentality is not mine. It seems to me that Inter can behave like ever it wants and some people still do not want to hear or see it. Thats okay, but that is not my world.
    Meanwhile I myself also felt attacked by rockball.

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    rhb, I'll get to the point because many things have been said here and I'd like to focus on your message.

Do not confuse incompetence with arrogance.

Inter, for many reasons as an organization is incompetent. The majority of the management personnel do not speak English. If someone goes on holiday, nobody else is there to take over their work. Things are slow in the office, unstructured, and unplanned.

But they are not arrogant. They do not do this because they want to trick fans or because they believe they are better than that. Stereotyping here to make a point: The French don't speak English because they are arrogant. The Italians don't speak English because they can't be bothered. Inter are not ignorant. They know the situation, but they just can't be bothered.

If Inter was an arrogant club, I wouldn't be a supporter. Incompetence however I can live with, at least in the organization level and as long as it doesn't effect the team which is managed separately. I can relate to it because my culture and surroundings (as an Arab) are completely based on incompetence as well, so I can live with Inter's management.

I hope you understand my point, and if that reasons still makes you not like the club anymore then of course it's your personal choice. But I hope you don't continue thinking that Inter are arrogant because that is the farthest thing from the truth.

Australia

10 years of FIF
    I like apples...
    Last edited by Puma; 09 Oct 09 at 08:47.

Australia

10 years of FIF
    And oranges.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Dear Hussein,

That is the dilemma.

Best wishes,
    Yours rhb
    In general you're right RHB, though Ehsan does have a point that it's more to do with lethargy than arrogance, whilst you might have to write in English as most people in the UK don't speak a foreign language, almost every sporting organisation, not only football clubs, would respond to you in a reasonable amount of time in the whole of the UK, that means Wales and Scotland too, not just England so don't you forget that!

A few years ago I wrote away to a series of sports clubs that my young nephew is interested in with regards to if they had any free posters etc they could send for him and almost every one sent a pack of things back within a week, I didn't even pay for return of post. Clubs here regularly do that as it's thought of as a way of promoting loyalty in young people. Additionally, in Ireland we have amateur sports called hurling and (gaelic) football run by the GAA which is equally contactable.

However, I wouldn't blame Inter solely as this seems to be an Italian thing. I have tried contacting numerous Italian organisations in the past, and have in main used Italian the only time I have received responses is when the other person was earning out of it and then very tardily, Italy is a beautiful country with many plus points but their willingness to communicate via telephone/email/fax doesn't seem to be one of them. I will finish by saying do not cancel your support of Inter for this, if every supporter was to cancel their affiliation because they didn't agree with what the club did I think you'd find Curva Nord to be pretty empty, Inter is more than the people who work for it, with the cancellation idea I think you're being a bit silly!!!
    Last edited by Interista Gallese; 09 Oct 09 at 10:16.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Questa è una Zona Anti-Gobbizzata!

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Hello,
    most things you mention are okay.
    But my opinion is, that I definitely do not love a club who shows such an arrogance and ignorance to its supporters (I am obviously only one example for that). And you can never program sportive success, but as a club that has "international" in its name and deals with millions of euros for new players each season it should at least be no problem answering something like this: "Sorry, we cannot reply in English language" or something like that. Not reacting anyway is always definitely the poorest thing and is affronting.
    Its a shame for this club. I will tell you: If I had known this, I would have never become an Interista. And by the way: Today I talked to a Journalist. He is a German and works in Italy as correspondent for a great German newspaper. He told me: 98 Percent of all his desires for interviews are negated by Inter without reacting anyway to his inquiries.
    The poorest club in Europe, definitely.
    You're being crazy here. If the big clubs in any country accepted anything more than 2% of interview requests can you imagine how busy the club would be? Imagine how many requests Inter, Milan, Juve, Bayern, Barca, Real, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea et al get every HOUR nevermind every day from journalists! It will also depend on what media organisation your friend works for, if it's Sky he's going to get more success than some local newspaper.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Questa è una Zona Anti-Gobbizzata!