Thread: Chievo 2-2 Inter

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Chievo 2-2 Inter

Inter didn't exactly kick-off the new Serie A season in spectacular fashion as we were held to a 2-2 draw at Verona. Inter took the lead after 16 minutes after a big mistake by Chievo's right-back Cesar, who tried to chest the ball down to Marchegiani but Stankovic took full advantage as he smashed it in the roof of the net to give Inter the lead against the run of play. Mihajlovic was a huge joke as he kept falling on the ground, and Materazzi was saving us for the whole time as he made a goal line clearance and many decisive interventions.

Inter started to look a tad better after the goal and ironically, against the run of play, Chievo scored their equalizer at the 28th minute through right winger Franco Semioli, who used his chest to score after an error by both Mihajlovic and Favalli, with the latter caught ball watching rather than keeping an eye on Semioli. Right before this goal, Vieri wasted the easiest of chances as he failed to convert a great pass from Adriano, with Marchegiani making one hell of a save to deny the Nerazzurri.

After only 9 minutes Chievo took the lead as a mistake by Capitano Zanetti in midfield gifted the flying donkeys their second goal. Once again, our defence was in shambles. In short, school boy defending at it's best. Sergio Pellissier scored the second goal.

Once again Vieri managed to miss an easy chance as he failed to head in from Ze Maria's perfect cross from the right. Bobo looked out of sorts for the whole game but apparently Mancini thought otherwise and kept him on the pitch for the entire game !

The first half ended 2-1 and i kept telling myself that we can come back only if our defence improves. Our midfield and attack had some fancy moves and "the new Inter" managed to become much more attractive.

The second half started, and WOW, what a start for us that was. Adriano unleashing a missile after Vieri set him up, and poor Marchegiani can only look at the ball in his net. 2-2 then !

In the 14th minute the post comes to our help as a good move by Chievo which started on the right flank ends up at left winger Daniele Franceschini who volleys the balls which rebounds off Toldo's left hand post.

Mihajlovic had a better second half but he only improved from "terrible" to become "poor." Amauri, who came on in the second half for goal-scorer Pellisier, dribbles past the Serb with ease but shoots wide. Then Chievo had another chance as Roberto Baronio tried to lob Toldo from almost 50 metres ! But luckily, his shot went inches wide.

Ze Maria, who had a good game for us on the right wing, gets injured in the 36th minute and in comes Recoba. Recoba didn't do anything and was played on the right wing ! I still can't understand why Mancini didn't move Stankovic to the right flank and use Il Chino on the left. Not only that, but he made his first substitution with only 9 minutes of normal time remaining !

The a minute later Cambiasso comes on for Davids who didn't impress much as he had too much defending to do and barely had the chance to attack as he had to cover Stankovic and Favalli.

So our opening game of the new season ends in a 2-2 scoreline, and in my humble opinion this is a point gained and not 2 lost for Inter. With the defence we had today, we're so lucky to escape from the Stadio Bentegodi with a sole point. Man of the match has to be Marco Materazzi, then Veron who had a pretty good game and even won some balls in the midfield !

With the likes of Cordoba, Burdisso and Gamarra back, we should do much better as our main problem tonight was the backline.

FORZA RAGAZZI !!!!!

Ahmed Hossam.
    Born Interista, will die Interista.

"I'd even play in goal just to play, but I don't want to create competition for Toldo... I'm prepared to play anywhere." Dejan Stankovic

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    Nice report!
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Great report mate
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Diego Simeone (

I think you're being far too harsh... bearing in mind it's our first outing you can't expect absurdly superb defending, yes there was a lack of pace in central defence, but that's expected without Cordoba leading the line. And we really should be praising the offensive play more than criticising the defending, at times Veron looked a different human being than the one we saw in the last 3 years. He dictated out attacking moves to the full in a deep-lying position, kudos for once to him.

Stankovic had minimal effect playing from the left as he was barely involved in buildups although he gets into good scroing positions. And the reason for Recoba being placed on the right flank was simply because Mancio thought he can cut inside onto his left peg and strike on goal, at least that's what he'd hoped.
    WhAt

Do

YoU

tHiNk
    ?

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Nice report,although there were some things I didn't agree with! 2

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Oba

Good report!

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

What don't you agree with Fabio?
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    If you're going to critique something, please post what you didn't like and what you didn't agree with from the article. Simple as that.

Myself, I didn't have this game available to me on the television but it seems that all your points are fair. Nice match report, bro.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Little things really,

1)I didn't think that Mihajlovic improved atall!

2)Was injury the reason why Ze Maria came off?

That's all really,other than that it was a good article! 2

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I think you're being far too harsh... bearing in mind it's our first outing you can't expect absurdly superb defending, yes there was a lack of pace in central defence, but that's expected without Cordoba leading the line. And we really should be praising the offensive play more than criticising the defending, at times Veron looked a different human being than the one we saw in the last 3 years. He dictated out attacking moves to the full in a deep-lying position, kudos for once to him.

Stankovic had minimal effect playing from the left as he was barely involved in buildups although he gets into good scroing positions. And the reason for Recoba being placed on the right flank was simply because Mancio thought he can cut inside onto his left peg and strike on goal, at least that's what he'd hoped.
    I didn't expect absurdly superb defending, but i just expected PROPER defending. Mihajlovic didn't only lack pace, but he lacked EVERYTHING that a defender needs. His performance was nothing short of PATHETIC. So i have to be harsh as he nearly cost us the game if not for Materazzi's heroics.

We should be praising the offensive play ? Did you REALLY read my match report ? Becasue i actaully did.

The first half ended 2-1 and i kept telling myself that we can come back only if our defence improves. Our midfield and attack had some fancy moves and "the new Inter" managed to become much more attractive.

And i did say that Veron played quite well....

Man of the match has to be Marco Materazzi, then Veron who had a pretty good game and even won some balls in the midfield !

As for your explanation of Mancio's desision to field Recoba on the right, sorry but i don't buy it at all. We had 2 strong centre-forwards and they needed service from the flanks. Recoba on the left can provide that.

Thanks for the criticism. I appreciate it.

Nice report,although there were some things I didn't agree with!

Fabio
    Thanks, but can you elaborate more ?

"I'd even play in goal just to play, but I don't want to create competition for Toldo... I'm prepared to play anywhere." Dejan Stankovic

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Just read Fabio's post....

1) Mihajlovic did improve a bit as he didn't fall on the ground whenever the ball came close to him. He was less clumsy and more stable. Still, he was awful and i did mention that. In short, he improved from 0 to 1

2) Well he did get injured and this was clear if you looked at him after he was substituted. I Think it was some kind of a knock.

Anyway, so you don't disagree with me regarding many things which i wrote, which is great.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Please can you tell me how many times that disaster of a player named Mihajlovic actually fell on the ground???
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Diego Simeone (

[quote="The_Egyptian_Interista"]
    I didn't expect absurdly superb defending, but i just expected PROPER defending. Mihajlovic didn't only lack pace, but he lacked EVERYTHING that a defender needs. His performance was nothing short of PATHETIC. So i have to be harsh as he nearly cost us the game if not for Materazzi's heroics.

We should be praising the offensive play ? Did you REALLY read my match report ? Becasue i actaully did.

And i did say that Veron played quite well....

Man of the match has to be Marco Materazzi, then Veron who had a pretty good game and even won some balls in the midfield !

As for your explanation of Mancio's desision to field Recoba on the right, sorry but i don't buy it at all. We had 2 strong centre-forwards and they needed service from the flanks. Recoba on the left can provide that.
    Me commenting on Veron doing well doesn't mean I thought he was better than Materazzi, so you don't need to get so irate that quickly.

I don't particularly like Mihailovic, but let's not be overly harsh on the guy on the basis of 1 game. Bearing in mind that he only started due to Cordoba's absence.

As for the Recoba point, you give me a reason why he was deployed on the right then.
    WhAt

Do

YoU

tHiNk
    ?

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

I don't think anyone could possibly be too harsh with Crapajlovic after the disaster in Verona.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I didn't see Ze Maria afterwards!

Fabio
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

well. I think our middle has played well,
    i even think that our new players (aside Miha) play better than our old players... chievo's goals are coming from horrible errors from defense...

the other minus thing about this game is that vieri misses at least two golden chances.... If Vieri wants to partner with adriano, he has to improve his game.. otherwise adriano's sacrifices by being the support striker is less than useful..

Deki is always supperb, his versality playing on the right, left and center with capabilities of coming from the middle certainly something we dont have for many years... Veron played well, I believe he had a good game...
    he may not defend too well, and he unleashed some british kick which not appreciated in serie a... but overall he has some important contribution to the team..

Adriano is simply superb, we have to learn to play without him... otherwise it will be too convinient for us to rely on this guy... Vieri could not complain that he had to work himself to win us the game... this year he will got a lot of chances, he just have to make sure he doesnt miss too much of them...

our backs suck...., but considerin that matrix - miha was the only option at the moment, I can still be happy, it means that we could only have better defense than the one in this game... Favalli - Matrix and Il Capitano dont have a good day... Miha was worrying as he made few dangerous tackles.. and errors.. but I m glad we only concede two...

and about emre stuffs, seeing from this game...
    I believe our new players can adapt to mancini better than the ones who have been here longer. I saw our middle which were made up of the new players win many balls... hold and run the ball very well... and for emre, Kily, Christiano and Van Der Meyde... They have to work well...

it's a bad result considering our strength, but a hopeful play shown bu the team...

I would say Adriano - Deki and Veron played the best....