View Poll Results: Who is going to win the 2017 NBA Finals?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden State Warriors

    8 61.54%
  • Cleveland Cavaliers

    5 38.46%
Page 345 of 346 FirstFirst ... 245295335342343344345346 LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,900 of 6917

Thread: NBA

  1. #6881
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    6,991
    Thanked
    5,194 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    What footage were you watching? Everyone walked off except Sally. It was in poor taste. Jordan always shook hands with Pistons after getting his ass whooped 3 consecutive times. Even after they made it a point to hard foul him to the point of trying to injure him.

    Personally I enjoy the beef, they genuinely hate each other. Could stem from the fact both Bill and Zeke are from Chicago. We need more beefs like this in todays NBA.
    This

    I also feel like this whle debate is useless ofcourse piston fans are gonna call him a cry baby and ofcourse bulls fans are gonna call the piston bad loosers it s fucken obvious.

    Heck most of us still hate barca for turning on the sprinklers while our boys were celebrating the passage to the next round........

    Imho the rivalry was great and the fact that those two still dont like each other only makes it better imho.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

    #Fuck Conte

  2. Thanks (2): brehme1989, K.I.

  3. #6882
    rfU's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 09
    Posts
    3,683
    Thanked
    1,607 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ4



    Do we have a doc for Inter/Triplete season, something similar to this with player interviews and behind the scenes footage? Shame if we don't.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

  4. #6883
    Adriano@10's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 May 04
    Posts
    6,991
    Thanked
    5,194 times
    Fav. Player
    Oba



    24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    Do we have a doc for Inter/Triplete season, something similar to this with player interviews and behind the scenes footage? Shame if we don't.
    I dont think there is i remember seeing footage from inside the lockerrom of madrid and from the plane back to milano but thats pretty much it.
    I doubt we had a camera crew with us for the whole season like the bulls did.

    It is something inter media house should think about though, get the team back for some interviews, they have all the game footage anyway and i guess inter tv could also contribute some training footage plus maybe some footage that the coaches used. Pretty sure there would be enough to make a decent doc maybe not as long as the bulls one.

    Only problem i see is that i doubt there would be to much interest in such a documentary outside of the inter world.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

    #Fuck Conte

  5. Thanks (3): K.I., MVD, rfU

  6. #6884

    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    8,654
    Thanked
    2,422 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    I dont think there is i remember seeing footage from inside the lockerrom of madrid and from the plane back to milano but thats pretty much it.
    I doubt we had a camera crew with us for the whole season like the bulls did.

    It is something inter media house should think about though, get the team back for some interviews, they have all the game footage anyway and i guess inter tv could also contribute some training footage plus maybe some footage that the coaches used. Pretty sure there would be enough to make a decent doc maybe not as long as the bulls one.

    Only problem i see is that i doubt there would be to much interest in such a documentary outside of the inter world.
    There prob would be, as Inter prob have fans around the world middle east africa etc and now China on something like Netflix it def would do well. Also having people like maybe Ronaldo, Figo, Mourinho & Materazzi [bec of Zidane] might make give it more exposure as well.

    About the NBA Doc

    I think the beef is fine but it kinda took a life of its own because Jordan was beat up but still shook their hands, thats the main argument then u add the fact that Isiah didnt make the dream team maybe because of that so it took a life of its own. From what i have seen From Isiah i know that sounds weird but he kinda seems fake to me, the way he talks he has a big ego and strikes me as a person who would just fuck people over to get whatever he wants. Off-course thats just my take from seeing him on ESPN he might be the best person on earth i wouldn't know.

  7. #6885
    crzdcolombian's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Aug 07
    Posts
    10,814
    Thanked
    5,064 times
    Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

    Colombia

    10 years of FIF
    Haha Adidas pass on Air Jordons!!! They basically let Nike Exist!!
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

  8. Thanks (2): MVD, rfU

  9. #6886
    rfU's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 09
    Posts
    3,683
    Thanked
    1,607 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ4



    Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    I think the beef is fine but it kinda took a life of its own because Jordan was beat up but still shook their hands, thats the main argument then u add the fact that Isiah didnt make the dream team maybe because of that
    He didn't make the dream team because no one liked his ass, Bird and Magic included. Jordan took all the heat for it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    From what i have seen From Isiah i know that sounds weird but he kinda seems fake to me, the way he talks he has a big ego and strikes me as a person who would just fuck people over to get whatever he wants.
    Lol same.
    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

  10. Thanks (1): K.I.

  11. #6887

    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    8,654
    Thanked
    2,422 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by rfU View Post
    He didn't make the dream team because no one liked his ass, Bird and Magic included. Jordan took all the heat for it though.
    Yup i knew rcentley about Magic's issues with him as well.

  12. #6888
    rfU's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Jul 09
    Posts
    3,683
    Thanked
    1,607 times
    Fav. Player
    JZ4



    "Last person I called "Darling" was pregnant 20 seconds later!" Lord Flashheart.

  13. Thanks (1): MVD

  14. #6889
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    20,122
    Thanked
    15,956 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Bill Burr on the Pistons-Bulls rivalry:



    Can't say that I disagree with him much, although some of those other sports reference I don't really know how they relate but I get the idea.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

    Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards


  15. #6890
    Hasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Jul 05
    Posts
    7,531
    Thanked
    4,189 times
    Fav. Player
    4 & 10

    Bosnia Herzegovina

    35 10 years of FIF
    Finally finished documentary, It was interesting to see from other perspective and from 20 yrs time line.

    I was old enough to watch it 20 yrs ago and couldn’t understand certain things at that time, they weren’t even important to 14-15 old kid, had another priorities in life.

    Watching Jordan in this documentary, guy who net worth is over 1bil is on verge of crying for 70% of the time. I guess the key of success in life is to find something that we love so much that even 20 yrs after fire is so strong that we can ride on that passion.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

    Parma team manager Sandro Melli

  16. #6891
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 09
    Posts
    4,021
    Thanked
    645 times

    Switzerland

    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Bill Burr on the Pistons-Bulls rivalry:


    Can't say that I disagree with him much, although some of those other sports reference I don't really know how they relate but I get the idea.
    It's a great example of how history is written by the victors because I recall that period quite well and quite a bit is absent from the documentary not to mention narrative from that era, much less the Pistons

    The reality, however, is very different. Very little is spoken about how there were a different set of 'Jordan rules' which was that MJ had CR level protection from referees and was constantly being put on the FT line anytime he was touched. Moreover, Phil Jackson & the Bulls worked the referees ahead of that now infamous semifinal series against Detroit in the media - talking the Pistons down (Who were the back to back defending NBA champs at the time) and manipulating the perception in the media. The 'freeze out' was more linked to that disrespect in the leadup to the series than it was to actually losing to the Bulls. MJ blocking Isiah from being on the Olympic team was simply the icing on the proverbial cake.

  17. #6892
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    25,016
    Thanked
    6,750 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I hope this documentary is the start of long ass documentaries for sports. Would love to have similar ones for CR7 and Messi.

  18. Thanks (1): MVD

  19. #6893
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    20,122
    Thanked
    15,956 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    They are not on that level and it's not really the same.
    I mean everything you need to know about Messi is usually out there and everything you don't even wanna know about Cristiano he makes sure that you get to hear about it.

    The 90s just had different kinds of people. You would expect a Michael Schumacher one for example. Or maybe some tennis players like Sampras or Agassi. Or other US big time athletes like Gretzky and Favre. But no one was as iconic as Michael Jordan, with these weird ups and downs of retiring, coming back, retiring, coming back and always being the #1.

    It also makes no sense to have a documentary on active players however big they are. I guess the most popular ones would be on Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Romario or someone like Beckham. Having it all in English as the mother tongue of everyone involved is making it smoother.
    Also, an international audience won't appreciate much baseball, NHL or NFL, so maybe other documentaries on the NBA of this sort would be better.

    We have some great ones but they're barely 1-2 hours long.

    Larry Bird vs Magic Johnson
    Something on Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem, Bill Russell.
    Maybe something around Shaquille O'Neal that spans from Orlando to Los Angeles, back to Florida for Miami and then playing some great players in his final days.
    There's a lot of choice but the cost is big for these productions and the demand is not a given.

    A Kobe one would do well now but it would be limited by his untimely absence.

    Heck, even a Pistons one should be done as those teams never get neither love nor credit.

    But nothing will be as long and as in demand as Jordan's one. And let's be real, this is Jordan's Last Dance, not Phil Jackson's or the Bulls'. And he was the one who okay'd its release. Apparently a couple of days after Lebron won in 2016 and he started spewing nonsense about being the greatest ever Michael was like "let's show these kids true basketball legends".
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

    Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards


  20. Thanks (3): Hasan, Jnr, MVD

  21. #6894
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    25,016
    Thanked
    6,750 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Yes, yes and yes brehme

    Not denying any of your points, but don't stop me from crossing my fingers

    Btw, I read similar film crew followed Kobe during his last season. Not sure if that'd be interesting tbh, only his last game seems to be memorable.

  22. Thanks (2): Hasan, MVD

  23. #6895
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    20,122
    Thanked
    15,956 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I think also Derrick Rose had someone follow him around and tape him for a couple of seasons.

    Lebron will definitely will be one to make a doc soon. The guy already has media people on the payroll hyping him up and keeping him relevant and in GOAT discussions, he's definitely going to bust our balls for years after he retires about how great he was and that Dallas Mavericks, Wade and Durant never existed.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

    Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards


  24. Thanks (1): MVD

  25. #6896
    Pharaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    29 Nov 11
    Posts
    7,364
    Thanked
    5,485 times
    Fav. Player
    Me

    Tuvalu

    10 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo View Post
    I hope this documentary is the start of long ass documentaries for sports.
    I want this too. I love the back scenes in depth discussion about the legend that was.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    It's a great example of how history is written by the victors because I recall that period quite well and quite a bit is absent from the documentary not to mention narrative from that era, much less the Pistons

    The reality, however, is very different. Very little is spoken about how there were a different set of 'Jordan rules' which was that MJ had CR level protection from referees and was constantly being put on the FT line anytime he was touched. Moreover, Phil Jackson & the Bulls worked the referees ahead of that now infamous semifinal series against Detroit in the media - talking the Pistons down (Who were the back to back defending NBA champs at the time) and manipulating the perception in the media. The 'freeze out' was more linked to that disrespect in the leadup to the series than it was to actually losing to the Bulls. MJ blocking Isiah from being on the Olympic team was simply the icing on the proverbial cake.
    It's good to see that your hot takes aren't reserved for Barcelona.......

    Not gonna engage but man sometimes lol
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

  26. Thanks (1): MVD

  27. #6897

    Join Date
    30 Aug 11
    Posts
    1,079
    Thanked
    956 times
    Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

    Indonesia

    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I think also Derrick Rose had someone follow him around and tape him for a couple of seasons.

    Lebron will definitely will be one to make a doc soon. The guy already has media people on the payroll hyping him up and keeping him relevant and in GOAT discussions, he's definitely going to bust our balls for years after he retires about how great he was and that Dallas Mavericks, Wade and Durant never existed.
    Shannon Sharpe, Jay Williams and Nick Wright have been riding his dick for years it's ridiculous.

  28. #6898
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 09
    Posts
    4,021
    Thanked
    645 times

    Switzerland

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post

    It's good to see that your hot takes aren't reserved for Barcelona.......

    Not gonna engage but man sometimes lol
    I followed NBA before football, I know the Pistons-Bulls rivalry very well

  29. #6899
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    20,122
    Thanked
    15,956 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Well, Michael Jordan did not block Isiah. He didn't want him there, but he wasn't asked.
    None of the stars of the team wanted him, but if you want o find a catalyst in a player then that was Magic Johnson, not Michael Jordan. I mean they also called up Christian Laettner who had an amazing NCAA run but wasn't even the best player, not even the best center of that draft class (with Shaq and Zo, come on). They just wanted to make a team, they'd be together for a month or so and there was too much bad blood between Isiah Thomas with Magic, Bird and Jordan.

    The guy was a great player but he was a real asshole and hypocrite. Many teams played rough back then, but the Pistons tried to end careers. That was completely different. I even recall McHale doing such a tackle once, but it was a one off. It was the sign of times. The Knicks team in the early 90s was one of the toughest ever, but they weren't dirty. The Pistons were like a team made up of Paolo Montero, Giorgio Chiellini, Edgar Davids, Jonathan Zebina and then there was a mister nice guy like Alex Del Piero. And these guys weren't always like this. They used to be good sports, even if they were a tough team. Jordan made them like that. Because Isiah was jealous that he was now an enemy of his own hometown while some new kid on the block became the hero. And they acknowledged that he was a great player, so they transformed into a combat unit. Which pushed Jordan to become even greater. But let's not pretend like Isiah is some choir boy here, he was a genuinely sour asshole.

    By the way, I fucking hated Jordan back then. Respected the hell out of him, but wanted to see him fail every time. Yet, he was an influence on myself as he was to many others. The guy's determination and winning spirit was unimaginable and his persona was transceding. Was he getting favorable calls at times? Well, sure he did, this is the NBA, many star players got a few more calls every now and then. But it wasn't as if he got all the calls all the time. He had some big time calls not go in his favor in games where his team lost, it is how basketball is with the non-call culture in the final moments.

    Now saying that, Jordan also had that asshole mentality that drove people nuts, but you don't see a great deal of that many hating the guy. The irony is that they're both charismatic in a sense. You can listen to Isiah Thomas talk about basketball for days (unles sit's about Lebron or some years back about Kobe, anything to play down Michael and make the most popular guy in today's game 'greater than Michael Jordan', which also keeps him relevant as to his credit he doesn't whine about not being considered a top 10 player ever which he damn well has an argument for and I'd say even a better one than Lebron James. But there's a reason people hate his guts, even some of his best friends such as Magic.

    His claim that the Celtics also "just left" was silly and just because he has a clip to show them leaving doesn't mean it's the same thing. The Celtics bench were advised to leave because the fans were basically storming the court and it wasn't going to get any better for them being them in the middle of all that. The Celtics bench actually did bid their goodbyes with the Detroit bench and since the game was stopped, Isiah was one of the few starters who was still on the court and he got note of Kevin McHale who was the last Celtics player there and they greeted just fine.

    Which is ironic. The Lakers-Pistons Game 7 in the Finals a couple of weeks later that was decided at the end showed this. The Lakers fans stormed the court while everyone was still there and you couldn't really see any Pistons players and NBA court security always wants to prevent that. And most of the Pistons players just runt he hell outta there, don't think any one of them congratulated the winners. And that's the situation where you expect this thing to happen.

    The Pistons starters were subbed off, in their own court, the ball was still in play, with 20 seconds to go and then just walked off, right past the Chicago bench and didn't even get a look at those guys. Not only a different scenario, completely different attitude as well. Him coming and comparing the situation is just him being a manipulative asshole that wants to be loved because he's living off his mistakes that caused everyone in the world to hate on the guy. Deservedly so. I mean, I wouldn't even give a shit about it if it were me, but what they did was a bullshit move. Even on top of that trying to kill Michael Jordan and a few others in the past 3 years.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda


    Conte uomo di merda

    Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards


  30. #6900
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 09
    Posts
    4,021
    Thanked
    645 times

    Switzerland

    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Well, Michael Jordan did not block Isiah. He didn't want him there, but he wasn't asked.
    The marketed version is already being recirculated in this latest documentary. He never admitted it but it is an open secret, even Magic has alluded to it as did Chuck Daly


    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    None of the stars of the team wanted him, but if you want o find a catalyst in a player then that was Magic Johnson, not Michael Jordan. I mean they also called up Christian Laettner who had an amazing NCAA run but wasn't even the best player, not even the best center of that draft class (with Shaq and Zo, come on). They just wanted to make a team, they'd be together for a month or so and there was too much bad blood between Isiah Thomas with Magic, Bird and Jordan.
    That narrative has also been shot down, no one other than the Bulls players (Pippen & MJ) were behind a block and at that time, Michael dictated everything in the game and the league was more afraid of going against him then they are now

    Laettner was on the team only because of Coach K and in the decision to include 2 collegiate players, had nothing to do with Isiah. Stockton took Isiah's spot as he was the last player to be added to the squad for that 'Dream Team'. Stockton is a legend but he was not Isiah and it was the most palpable missing piece in that star studded squad, a playmaking PG like Isiah



    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    The guy was a great player but he was a real asshole and hypocrite. Many teams played rough back then, but the Pistons tried to end careers. That was completely different. I even recall McHale doing such a tackle once, but it was a one off. It was the sign of times.


    McHale's dungeon and the combo of him & Parrish with their elbows were known for dirty hoops. McHale only had words of praise for that Piston team, especially Isiah


    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    The Knicks team in the early 90s was one of the toughest ever, but they weren't dirty.
    You're only revealing your ignorance there senor. Oakley wasn't dirty? Talk about revisionism


    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    The Pistons were like a team made up of Paolo Montero, Giorgio Chiellini, Edgar Davids, Jonathan Zebina and then there was a mister nice guy like Alex Del Piero. And these guys weren't always like this. They used to be good sports, even if they were a tough team. Jordan made them like that. Because Isiah was jealous that he was now an enemy of his own hometown while some new kid on the block became the hero. And they acknowledged that he was a great player, so they transformed into a combat unit. Which pushed Jordan to become even greater. But let's not pretend like Isiah is some choir boy here, he was a genuinely sour asshole.
    Isiah is a cabrini green legend, MJ isn't even from Chicago. Years later, all prep kids looked up to the path Isiah blazed. You're underscoring your ignorance to cut Zeke short. Legend who absolutely had a ferocious competitiveness that sparked tensions & rivalries but that was basketball in the 80s. The Celtic team of the mid to late 80s were perennial winners who got the calls and got away with dirty play. Detroit overcame them due to Daly, Isiah, Joe D, Salley, Aguirre, Edwards, Rodman, VJ & Laimbeer. The only player who gained a reputation for dirty play was Laimbeer and he was easy to make the villain being white & unathletic - but he could shoot and was extremely sharp in team defense and the motion offense he installed. There's a reason why he was the head coach of that inaugral dream team, not because of the defense because he created a tempo offense that played a swarming defense


    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    By the way, I fucking hated Jordan back then. Respected the hell out of him, but wanted to see him fail every time.
    Nothing has changed my perception of the player/person since his playing days. Phenomenal athlete & competitor, the closest thing to Messi I have ever seen in any sport but absolutely a cancerous personality. His wife & teammates, the people who got closest to him all share similar stories about him.

    So no, I don't buy the eulogies about his greatness because I know it already as a player but it stops there. Egomaniacal to the end, it's why he has fewer friends & teammates from his playing days compare to Isiah for example

    Magic's feud with Isiah was linked inextricably to him not having Isiah's back in the freeze out for the Olympics and they eventually mended their differences, again MJ's grudges go on for life. Somehow Isiah gets stuck with the rep of being the difficult one yet he's not the one who has more of a chip on his shoulder. MJ has everything to be proud of but still bangs on about disrespect, he's out of touch with reality. As I have remarked before, I remember that Piston series very well and what I remember most vividly was the manipulation in the media the entire team & Phil did in the leadup to the series. This is in other documentaries, the Piston players took it as disrepect coming off back to back rings.

    Bulls were incredible but no question the league wanted a Chicago champion eventually and were only too happy to see the uglier play of the Pistons get discarded. In those days, the refereeing bias was palpable and they carried agendas against certain players every year

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •