View Poll Results: Who is going to win the 2017 NBA Finals?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden State Warriors

8 61.54%
  • Cleveland Cavaliers

5 38.46%
Page 341 of 343 FirstFirst ... 241291331338339340341342343 LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 6858

Thread: NBA

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I don't recall those comments

And if they don't make it to the finals this year headlines all year will be WHERE IS GIANNIS HEADING
    My goal is going to stay the same: It's get better, take it day by day, step by step, and the ultimate goal is to win a championship," Antetokounmpo said. "As long as that we are all on the same page and we are all focused on that goal, why not play for the Bucks 20 years, why not play 25 years? Why not, after playing, be a member of the coaching staff or a member of the front office? But we got to have the same goal. We got to have the same principles. ... We got to focus on winning a championship.

"I want to be a part of a winning team," Antetokounmpo continued. "As long as we have the same mindset and same approach to the game, there's no reason for me to move and not be like Steph [Curry], not like be like Dirk [Nowitzki] or Kobe [Bryant] or Tim Duncan.

To be honest i remembered it to be a stronger quote, but i do believe that his first priority is winning with the bucks, but yeah if he does not make the finals this and or next year he might think about it. But i d also guess that he does not want to get into a KD situation where the whole league hates you except for the team you play for.

On a side note fucking Air Gordon got robbed how the fuck did he not win the dunk contest is beyond me.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    well hopefully giannis stays in bucks or the East, the west is fucking loaded and i don't like the West playoffs to be like the nba finals.

3. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, Hasan

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    well hopefully giannis stays in bucks or the East, the west is fucking loaded and i don't like the West playoffs to be like the nba finals.
    Stop listening to the media nonsense. The East is much stronger than the West this year. Lakers and Clippers are the only contenders and they have paper thin squads.

I've never seen a team as overrated as the Clippers this season. They get their asses handed to them by almost all the top East teams, but they beat the Lakers so they're favourites Without Kawhi/PG they couldn't even beat the Hawks. The Timberwolves snapped their 13 game losing streak against the Clippers.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Stop listening to the media nonsense. The East is much stronger than the West this year. Lakers and Clippers are the only contenders and they have paper thin squads.

I've never seen a team as overrated as the Clippers this season. They get their asses handed to them by almost all the top East teams, but they beat the Lakers so they're favourites Without Kawhi/PG they couldn't even beat the Hawks. The Timberwolves snapped their 13 game losing streak against the Clippers.
    Lol what the east stronger than the west? Common and when the clippers care and ball out they are the best team in the nba period.
    Other than the bucks who could win against the LA teams or even the jazz and the nuggets from the east? Maybe boston all the rest are at least one big player away and philly is just a huge dissappoinment.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    West have 2 clear favorites in LA teams but there are also organized Utah, talented Denver and unpredictable Houston they could easily walk out from West while on East there are Bucks like clear favorites and Boston/Phily like first followers.

I’m taking 5th on the West over 2nd n East any day of the week.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

7. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    From the 4 best teams in the L. 3 are from the West.

Also Nets and Magic are making the playoffs with horrible records. Blazers will not make the playoffs but in the East it would be a top 4 team.

9. Thanks (1): Hasan

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    West have 2 clear favorites in LA teams but there are also organized Utah, talented Denver and unpredictable Houston they could easily walk out from West while on East there are Bucks like clear favorites and Boston/Phily like first followers.

I’m taking 5th on the West over 2nd n East any day of the week.
    Same i might even add the mavs to that mix even though they lack experience but on their day they can beat everybody. Also i m not sure about the rockets as i still think any team with a decent Center should beat this rocket team I mean their tallest starter is 6.7 (2.04) imho if you have an embid on your team and you cant beat such a small team your coach is doing something wrong.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

11. Thanks (1): Hasan

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    I love Mavs, my favorite team but they're not ready yet. Games against Clippers and Lakers early in the season showed they're too dependable on Luka but on the other side KP is raising and they'll definitely be interesting to watch.

Rockets are hilarious but they are into something. Game is evolving, we could see that Pistons couldn't find team from Drummond even he has great numbers. Centers like Ben Wallace are not existing any more.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

13. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

You guys realize an injury plagued Toronto went up like 40 points above Jazz before half time right? Jazz/Nuggets are non-teams. Mavs are not a playoff team either. Bucks, Raps, Celtics, Heat and 76ers are all contenders, and most of them are more battle tested than any of these teams.

It's funny that the Bucks own the LA teams over and over without breaking a sweat, but some still have the LA teams as favourites as if though these teams have done anything in the playoffs Besides Bron and Kawhi these teams have 0 players who are in good condition and battle tested deep in the playoffs. Who they gonna rely on, Danny Green that has 1 good game every 5, or Lou Williams who doesn't understand what defence is?

In fact, if you take a look at the 6th best team in the East, they have Brogdon, Oladipo and Sabonis, who are 3 All Stars when healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Lol what the east stronger than the west? Common and when the clippers care and ball out they are the best team in the nba period.
    Other than the bucks who could win against the LA teams or even the jazz and the nuggets from the east? Maybe boston all the rest are at least one big player away and philly is just a huge dissappoinment.
    The Clippers have done absolutely nothing of notice except beat the Lakers who have 2 consistent players in their entire squad, one of which stopped playing defence 5 years ago. They've been almost trash against other top teams, except the Raptors in the midst of their injury crisis.

When the Raptors beat the Bucks they had Kawhi and Gasol, 2 defensive players of the year, + Ibaka who was an NBA finalist, to shut down Giannis. Ain't no Lou Williams shutting down Giannis. That's why the Bucks hand their asses to the LA teams.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    You guys realize an injury plagued Toronto went up like 40 points above Jazz before half time right? Jazz/Nuggets are non-teams. Mavs are not a playoff team either. Bucks, Raps, Celtics, Heat and 76ers are all contenders, and most of them are more battle tested than any of these teams.

It's funny that the Bucks own the LA teams over and over without breaking a sweat, but some still have the LA teams as favourites as if though these teams have done anything in the playoffs Besides Bron and Kawhi these teams have 0 players who are in good condition and battle tested deep in the playoffs. Who they gonna rely on, Danny Green that has 1 good game every 5, or Lou Williams who doesn't understand what defence is?

In fact, if you take a look at the 6th best team in the East, they have Brogdon, Oladipo and Sabonis, who are 3 All Stars when healthy.
    Man your picking and choosing games how ever you want it s like me keep on pointing to that LA game. Secondly are you seriously critisicing the clippers defense? Like really? Imho it s the best defensive team by far only williams does not defend all the rest are pretty damn good defenders.

Other than the bucks and maybe the celtics no team from the east will stand a chance. The bucks might enter the finals as favourites though.

If oladipo was fully fit i d give you the pacers but he s not.Philly is just a mess not sure how anybody would put a cent on that team imho it s pretty clear that embid and simons should be split up they re not gonna win together. The heat miss atleast one guy and so do the raps even though they are impressive.

The Clippers have done absolutely nothing of notice except beat the Lakers who have 2 consistent players in their entire squad, one of which stopped playing defence 5 years ago. They've been almost trash against other top teams, except the Raptors in the midst of their injury crisis.

When the Raptors beat the Bucks they had Kawhi and Gasol, 2 defensive players of the year, + Ibaka who was an NBA finalist, to shut down Giannis. Ain't no Lou Williams shutting down Giannis. That's why the Bucks hand their asses to the LA teams.
    Do you watch the clippers game or just the highlights? Cause often it seems like they just dont care that much for the regular season especially when facing smaller teams and they do miss at time the moment to turn it around. But they have a lot of games where they remind me of last years reg season warriors where they would just not show up till the 3rd and then ball out which sometimes still was not good enough. to win.

I stand by that the clippers on their day are the best team the question is if they can easily switch that flip once playoffs come.
    One could argue the bucks cause Giannis surely is the best player atm.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

16. Thanks (1): Hasan

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Lakers and Clippers are playing 50% of what they can actually can in the regular season, they care about the playoffs, not this. While Bucks are giving everything now and will not win the Championship, Middleton with superstar numbers etc..

Fav. Player
    Me

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    All this west vs east talk and people haven't even mentioned the Mavs or the up and coming Grizzlies.....

If the grizzlies make it as the 8th seed, that's not a 4-0 for the Lakers by any stretch.

And if they don't make it, then you have to deal with Damien Lillard lol.....

Meanwhile in the east, the 7, 8 seeds are below .500 this isn't even a discussion. The east have good contenders at the top, but overall the West is miles ahead still -- and the west playoffs are going to be a bloodbath again
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

19. Thanks (1): Alex de Large

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    All this west vs east talk and people haven't even mentioned the Mavs or the up and coming Grizzlies.....

If the grizzlies make it as the 8th seed, that's not a 4-0 for the Lakers by any stretch.

And if they don't make it, then you have to deal with Damien Lillard lol.....

Meanwhile in the east, the 7, 8 seeds are below .500 this isn't even a discussion. The east have good contenders at the top, but overall the West is miles ahead still -- and the west playoffs are going to be a bloodbath again
    HEY I DID MENTION THE MAVS!!!!!!
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

21. Thanks (2): dynasty27, MVD

Fav. Player
    Me

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    Yes you did, so did a few others....guess I should read more before posting
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Talking about the east vs west, shit... i almost forgot about the Warriors.
    Next year with Curry-Klay-Green all back, plus Wiggins and what they obtain for they're good pick in the draft, it will be a top3 team in the L again. 4 all-stars once again.

25. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

I stand by that the clippers on their day are the best team .
    Based on what? Their Lakers games? Do you realize how absurd this claim is? Kawhi is the only champion on that team, and he's very streaky offensively. People don't realize Raptors carried this dude for like the last 10 games of the playoffs.

Yeah the Nets only have Durant and Kyrie.

HEY I DID MENTION THE MAVS!!!!!!
    The Mavs are completely irrelevant. I love Luka (and I picked him 1st for my fantasy team!), but he's not a clutch player yet. Porzingis just hasn't been good this season.

Fav. Player
    Me

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter

Yeah the Nets only have Durant and Kyrie.
    ?????????????????? neither of them are playing what's your point

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

?????????????????? neither of them are playing what's your point
    Kyrie was playing most of the season. Nets in full health are simply better than the current Warriors in full health too. Durant is the best player in the NBA healthy.

Don't get me started if we're counting injuries too. The odds that Kawhi/PG will make it all the way to the finals unscathed are slim to none.

Fav. Player
    Barella

Spain

10 years of FIF
    First let's see how KD returns.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Based on what? Their Lakers games? Do you realize how absurd this claim is? Kawhi is the only champion on that team, and he's very streaky offensively. People don't realize Raptors carried this dude for like the last 10 games of the playoffs.
    That 10 game claim is bs and you know it in no way shape or form would the raps have been in the finals without kawhi and claiming otherwise is just absurd.
    From a roster stand point they clearly have the best defensive team in the league and they have two great clutch scorers in Kawhi and PG plus lou from the bench who can drop 30 on any given day.

Based on actually watching their games and not just the results when they give a fuck they win.

This year i agree the mavs are irrelevant in deciding who wins the title but they could easily upset somebody in the first round porzingis has been getting better and better ever since luka has been out for those 6 games before ASG. And i d say they are more relevant this season than the nets.

I ll give you that the bucks atm look like they re gonna win it but imho no other team from the east has a realistic shot this season.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte