View Poll Results: Who is going to win the 2017 NBA Finals?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden State Warriors

8 61.54%
  • Cleveland Cavaliers

5 38.46%
Page 342 of 343 FirstFirst ... 242292332339340341342343 LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 6858

Thread: NBA

Fav. Player
    Me

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Kyrie was playing most of the season. Nets in full health are simply better than the current Warriors in full health too. Durant is the best player in the NBA healthy.

Don't get me started if we're counting injuries too. The odds that Kawhi/PG will make it all the way to the finals unscathed are slim to none.
    Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

2. Thanks (2): Hasan, MVD

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Lol.
    Have you been following the Clippers by any chance? Kawhi misses 1/3rd of the games, and PG had a hamstring injury. Guy's been reduced to a spot up shooter too. Dropped from 28/29 pts to 21 pts this season.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    Me

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    Go back to the Lebron heat years, or the twilight of duncan's career

Once you know you're a top 3 seed in the conference, it's hard to care about the regular season, it's too long and nobody cares.

But I found more humor in the first set of sentences than the second set.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Go back to the Lebron heat years, or the twilight of duncan's career

Once you know you're a top 3 seed in the conference, it's hard to care about the regular season, it's too long and nobody cares.
    That's always been a nonsense talking point. These players have to stay in tip top shape, and play up to 3 times a week. Saying you're not taking it seriously is illogical. Everyone wants that Game 7 at home. You just can't play with playoff intensity for 82 games. It's the same thing as league and CL for soccer. It's consistency vs. intensity. Having superstars can bring you more intensity in those playoffs, but 16-28 games is no joke. You still need depth.

But I found more humor in the first set of sentences than the second set.
    I watched Kawhi for almost 100 games last season. I'd rank him #1 in the NBA atm, but a healthy KD is the best player right now hands down. To rank the Clippers over the Nets is stupid.

KD and Kyrie are probably the most naturally talented duo in the NBA (at least in terms of ball skills), and the Nets without those 2 have managed to take wins from both 76ers/Raptors in the last games.

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    I agree about KD being top 3 player in NBA last 5 years but we don’t know how good will he be after injury.

I also agree about Uncle Drew being top 1 team chemistry killer in NBA. It’s ridiculous that Nets have much better score without him this season.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

8. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Canada

I'm a Raptors fan but did I seriously read someone say the Raptors carried Kawhi in the last 10 games of the playoffs?

That's way off base. So are people that say Kawhi single handedly won it. It was a team effort led by a superstar in Kawhi.

Every one of the role players stepped it up in key moments. Norm did it against Milwakee. Fred against Milwakee and Warriors. Ibaka was great in every series especially near the end of each one. Lowry is the heart of the team and had huge games in every series. Marc is a great defender and stepped up when it counted.

Kawhi had games where teams doubled him but he's a smart player and knew how to deal with that. Pascal stepped up in game 1 of finals when Kawhi was doubled and was great throughout.

Kawhi didn't "carry" the Raptors but we wodnt have won without him. But saying Raptors carried him in the last 10 games is ridiculous.

Guy's a superstar and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins it with the Clippers. I agree with someone who said Clippers aren't playing their best in the regular season and believe they will step it up in the playoffs.

Also, Nuggets are underrated. I dont think they'll go to finals or anything as they need a few more years but they are a very skillful team who's near the top for a reason. Hopefully Mavs are ready in a few years as well.

10. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    I'm a Raptors fan but did I seriously read someone say the Raptors carried Kawhi in the last 10 games of the playoffs?

That's way off base. So are people that say Kawhi single handedly won it. It was a team effort led by a superstar in Kawhi.

Every one of the role players stepped it up in key moments. Norm did it against Milwakee. Fred against Milwakee and Warriors. Ibaka was great in every series especially near the end of each one. Lowry is the heart of the team and had huge games in every series. Marc is a great defender and stepped up when it counted.

Kawhi had games where teams doubled him but he's a smart player and knew how to deal with that. Pascal stepped up in game 1 of finals when Kawhi was doubled and was great throughout.

Kawhi didn't "carry" the Raptors but we wodnt have won without him. But saying Raptors carried him in the last 10 games is ridiculous.

Guy's a superstar and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins it with the Clippers. I agree with someone who said Clippers aren't playing their best in the regular season and believe they will step it up in the playoffs.

Also, Nuggets are underrated. I dont think they'll go to finals or anything as they need a few more years but they are a very skillful team who's near the top for a reason. Hopefully Mavs are ready in a few years as well.
    Kawhi was limping for half of that Bucks series. He was burned out by the end. In the finals, one of the journos even gave VanVleet the finals MVP because Kawhi clearly wasn't 100% at the end. And I don't blame him that much. He did actually carry Raptors against the 76ers, but that was pretty much it.

That's why I think this nonsense about "carrying" is just that, nonsense. You can't carry an entire team for 4 series straight. You need depth, which western teams just don't have. The Clippers are a bit deeper than the Lakers, but it's nowhere near enough.

Look at the eastern teams:

Celtics: Kemba Walker, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward. These can easily drop 20+ points in any given night, and can defend.

76ers: Embiid, Simmons, Tobias Harris, Richardson, Horford

Raptors: Siakam, Lowry, VanVleet, Gasol, Ibaka, OG

Bucks: Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe, Lopez

ESPN is now trying to convince us that Lou Williams who has no idea what defence is and has won nothing in his life and Patrick Beverley are somehow Steph and Draymond, when the only time the Clippers have accomplished anything of note is against the Lakers, who are even thinner.

Canada

Lou Williams is an excellent offensive weapon off the bench. Beverly is an excellent defender. He's a better defender than OG, who's still doing really well and a yearly stages in his career.

Clippers have Lou and Harrell who do really well together. They just got Morris too.

You have Philly on that list but Philly have been disappointing so far this season. Their games on the road have been terrible. Embiid is also not a guy you can rely on as there's always a chance he'll be sick for a few games I'm the playoffs.

13. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    Lou Williams is an excellent offensive weapon off the bench. Beverly is an excellent defender. He's a better defender than OG, who's still doing really well and a yearly stages in his career.

Clippers have Lou and Harrell who do really well together. They just got Morris too.

You have Philly on that list but Philly have been disappointing so far this season. Their games on the road have been terrible. Embiid is also not a guy you can rely on as there's always a chance he'll be sick for a few games I'm the playoffs.
    These players aren't meant for the playoffs. Lou Williams probably costs you more points than he scores. There is a reason he doesn't start.

You talk about Philly being disappointing while Clippers are losing to the worst teams in the NBA... Timberwolves went on a 13 game losing streak, and snapped it against Clippers. Now look at that, they lost to the Kings Shai and Gallinari were crucial to their success last year. Apart from Kawhi/PG the other decent player is maybe Harell (though I need to see him play more). But even PG is a shadow of himself this year, since he plays the same position as Kawhi, and has to sacrifice his game.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post

I watched Kawhi for almost 100 games last season. I'd rank him #1 in the NBA atm, but a healthy KD is the best player right now hands down. To rank the Clippers over the Nets is stupid.

KD and Kyrie are probably the most naturally talented duo in the NBA (at least in terms of ball skills), and the Nets without those 2 have managed to take wins from both 76ers/Raptors in the last games.
    And nobody disagrees with that like the only reason the nets were not mentioned is because we were talking this season and this season they are simply not a contender. Even for next season i ll give you on paper they probably have the best squad but will have to see how KD comes back. Secondly like hasan said they are both characters that are not easy to handle, fucken durant never seems to be happy no matter what and kyrie has yet to be in a team where he does not piss all of his team mates off.

I mean have you seen his fucken we need more pieces comment wtf dude? If i was one of his teammates that was not named in those 5 i d be pissed as hell.
    Also what you need more pieces it s you and KD did you not wanna prove that you can win on your own now go out and do it you already are two of the absolute best players in the league in one team.

Again on paper the nets should be up there next season but i still have a lot of doubt around them. Lets not forget that durant at okc with russ on his side blew a 3-1 playoff lead and he arguably was already the best offensive player in the league back then.

Also just stop with the 76 i almost feel pity for embiid when ever he meets gianis the freak seemingly goes extra hard. They are not gonna win shit with that simons embiid combo and that s just it.

Raptors and celtics are very good teams but both need either one more star or one of their players to step up from being a very good layer to being a great one. When was the last time a team won a chip without a super star? Arguably GSW when they first won even though curry won the reg season mvp so one might argue that he already was a super star. I d guess the first team that comes to mind is the pistons in 04 on all the other teams that won since then there was a bryant, a garnet, a duncan, Lebron a curry a dirk or a kawhi.
    I just dont see that calibre of payer at boston or at the raps currently, even though tatum still has lots of room to grow so who knows same goes for siakam.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I wonder. When did you guys start following the NBA? And what's your view on its progress ever since that.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I wonder. When did you guys start following the NBA? And what's your view on its progress ever since that.
    Grew up as a huge jordan fan, but to be fair he retired for the second time when i was 9 so i did not see him play live to many times except for once when my dad took me to chicago to a game, been in love with the game ever since but with the time difference it was hard (impossible) to catch live games over here back in the days. I did watch a ton of rerun and highlights though and since like 2010 it got more convenient to watch it over here.

To be honest i would not mind if they brought some toughness back to the game, fells like james harden goes to the free throw line 15 times plus per game just cause he knows how to draw the slightest of contacts. I wonder if a player like shaq would even function in todays game as imho if he d play like he did back in the days he d get called for a foul 90% of the time he touches the ball. I do think though that the overall skill level is as high as it has never been before almost every team has a guy on it s roster that is worth watching.

I also feel like the tide is about to turn again imho the rockets are now taking small ball to an extreme and if it will fail (which imho it will ) teams might come away a bit from the 3 centric playing style. Like i always wonder what would shaq do in todays game cause theres two scenarios one is hed get fouled out freaking fast the other is he dominate and nobody could stop him.

But overall i like the positionless style of todays NBA i d just wish that they bring some physicality back which imho would also help to bring the big man back.

Also i really like that we re seeing more and more international players in the NBA that are great. Dont think the nba ever had as many great players from outside the us as it has today.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Agree. The lack of physicality is driving me crazy as someone who spent too much time watching basketball in both the NBA and Europe. The European game is losing quality since there's a drain now. Teams don't operate with large budgets (it's always been a losing business) and the best players just move to the USA very young because of the money and then you have the NBA with so much talent yet it feels like a waste.

The Regular Season has become an abomination. I used to stay up all night to watch Hakeem vs Shaq, Shaq vs Robinson, Drexler vs Jordan, Barkley vs Webber, Kobe vs Iverson, McGrady vs Grant Hill, Duncan vs Garnett, Kemp vs Malone and so many other greats in a casual RS game and you rarely were disappointed.

I feel that the Playoffs were of a good quality even after the changed rules but up to a point. I mean, the games were watchable compared to the Regular Season but it just doesn't give you that joy I think. The early 2010s with Spurs vs Heat was probably the last great time for NBA Finals. I know there were quite a few moments ever since, with Lebron's block and that clutch Kyrie three, but it just doesn't feel the same. It feels scripted to a degree. In the 80s at least you just knew that those Lakers vs Celtics battles were about to happen and it was exciting as fuck. It was pure joy. The Warriors vs Cavs series felt like a very cheap remake with limited budget.

I can safely say that I stopped taking the NBA seriously in the last 5 years. But I will try and watch a couple of Playoff games, like any Game 7 I could end up with or if either Conference Finals and NBA Finals match up is intruiging.

Feels like Lakers vs Bucks this time.

P.S: I was quite lucky that we had re-runs on my satelite tv back then and could watch 2 games in each weekend morning. There was nothing else on so no one could complain back in 1 tv per house life. We had two tv sets though

Conte uomo di merda

21. Thanks (2): Hasan, MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    I also wanna add that i think part of the prob is that all the players are friends now there s no more of those real rivalries where the players really dont like each others.. Like that pistons bulls rivalry with isiah vs jordan it seems like you just dont get this these days. I mean cavs warriors was a rivalry but it never felt as intense as the bulls pistons was. Even the one with the jazz/malone seemed more heated to me.

That being said i still enjoy reg season games imho there are still good games its just fewer than there used to be. watching lakers boston now it s quite good.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

23. Thanks (2): Hasan, MVD

Greece

Watching Lakers vs Celtics now. Been a long while since I watched a regular season game. Probably back in 2013 when Melo was balling with the Knicks.

Game feels unimportant to these players, sloppy play, too fast to pull the trigger, they're all over the place offensively and defensively and I think I've barely seen 3 post up moves so far.

Terrible spectacle that makes me think that a random Greek A1 game is probably much better basketball than this. And here's Lebron James, Anthony Davis, Rajon Rondo, Jason Tatum, Gordon Hayward proving this horror show... Seeing Brad Wanamaker being an important player for the Celtics is also weird.

For the record, Giannis Antetokoumpo played in Greek A2 league only, which is the 2nd division. Let that sink for a moment. I think Nowitzki was also snatched from Germany's 2nd division iirc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    I also wanna add that i think part of the prob is that all the players are friends now there s no more of those real rivalries where the players really dont like each others.. Like that pistons bulls rivalry with isiah vs jordan it seems like you just dont get this these days. I mean cavs warriors was a rivalry but it never felt as intense as the bulls pistons was. Even the one with the jazz/malone seemed more heated to me.
    Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain were extremely close and their matchups were intense as fuck. It was special circumstances back then with the segregation movements and all that, so they had a special bond that wasn't felt before in sports. People thought they hated each other because they were rivals.

1991 Jordan and Magic weren't enemies of any sort. They were on very good terms. But it was #1 spot on the line. And it was intense.
    1993 Jordan and Barkley were best friends by NBA standards. The games were too intense and so were the two of them.

Michael Jordan was very close to Charles Oakley. Full stop. If you know Charles Oakley, then damn, you know the story. Add in that Barkley and Jordan hanged out and Oakley was also around. Charles vs Charles was the most notorious couple (of boxers) in NBA throughout the 90s

Moving forward a bit, Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady were kind of best basketball buddies. I dare you to go check their matchups. Kobe was also very good friends with Melo. Check the 2009 WCF.

The important differences are:
    1) They didn't team up with their friends.
    2) They shut down and didn't really talk with anyone during playoffs or before games.
    3) They didn't even like their teammates sometimes and weren't friends with them. Jordan didn't speak to Rodman, with Pippen it was just professional, which seems odd as we had that Batman & Robin idea in our heads. Shaq and Kobe is a known thing. Exaggerated, but known.

This is also why the biggest bromance of the 80s became a heated topic. Magic Johnson and Isiah Thomas. From best buddies to guys who didn't even say congrats on their child's birth just because it was during the NBA Finals, grudges started becoming a thing, then Isiah allegedly said that he didn't know Magic very well when the HIV thing came out (because it was associated with homosexual activity) and Magic took major offense and he was the reason, not Michael Jordan, why Isiah was out of the Dream Team. If Jordan had a problem with Isiah he'd have to deal with it, as would Bird, Pippen and all the other guys that hated his guts back then It's not like Drexler and Jordan were best buddies either, they had that great rivalry which peaks in the same exact year, the 1992 Finals. But they respected each other, unlike Isiah. You won't ever get that in the NBA again. The culture is so much different now. And there's no swagger.

It's like a wrestling version of basketball these days. Feels very scripted and the competition seems to be inferior as all the top guys play with each other and there's like 3 teams out of 30 that can compete.

Conte uomo di merda

25. Thanks (2): Hasan, MVD

Greece

Must say that the game picked it up in the 2nd half. I was expecting it to be a snooze fest

Conte uomo di merda

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Must say that the game picked it up in the 2nd half. I was expecting it to be a snooze fest
    was about to say if you dont like this you wont like any reg season games has been one of the better ones i ve seen then again i watch a lot of bulls/ warriors / mavs games so the bar is not that high.

Also on giannis he went to the bucks with 18/19 and even just looking at him was not close to the guy he is now. It s a bit unfair to use it against the nba as it also took him some time to adapt it s not like he bossed right away.

On the rivalries your right some of them were friends but it s also said that jordan kept isaiah of that olympic team. Anyways back then reg season felt intenser for sure.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

About Giannis I was just saying that the talent development is quite phenomenal. From 2nd tier Greek league, just like Dirk from 2nd tier German league. If they remained in Europe they'd be good players for sure, but nowhere near the level they have reached in the NBA.

As for today's game, the 2nd half was quite good indeed. But the ridiculous officiating ruined it in the end.

Conte uomo di merda

31. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    About Giannis I was just saying that the talent development is quite phenomenal. From 2nd tier Greek league, just like Dirk from 2nd tier German league. If they remained in Europe they'd be good players for sure, but nowhere near the level they have reached in the NBA.

As for today's game, the 2nd half was quite good indeed. But the ridiculous officiating ruined it in the end.
    Yeah man this is one of the bigger problems officiating is just plain bad sometimes and very often it s very inconsistent.

Also i wonder what you were thinking when brow shot those two air ball from 3 point range in the 4th when he would have had time left on the clock to search for another shot.
    Even i who watches a lot of this new area nba get irritated by such shots...
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 24 Feb 20 at 11:41.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

33. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Brooklyn Nets fired Kenny Atkinson. That was unexpected.
    Antonio Conte: "During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action".

35. Thanks (1): MVD