Thread: Using TV As A Computer Monitor To Watch Live Streams - Please Help Me!

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Using TV As A Computer Monitor To Watch Live Streams - Please Help Me!

I have an s-video socket on my computer, another one on my tv and the s-video cable. I have been through all the instructions on how to send the signal to my tv but I have a problem finding the tv/clone picture option in the GeForceLE 7500 graphics card menu. Does anybody know where it is? Also, given that I don't have the tv manual anymore does anybody know how I can find which is the s-video channel on m tv?

Thanks - will give reputation for good answers.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Questa una Zona Anti-Gobbizzata!

Fav. Player
    # 3

India

Forum Supporter
    Google.

Everything a man should be. We miss you Cipe.

Switzerland

You can also try going through the Control Panel and clicking 'Display'...It's been a while since I used a PC but I recall you could also clone the picture option this way in addition to the graphics card interface software

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    This could differ depending on operating system and drivers. But for me using windows 7 home premium x64 and drivers 196.21, its located under set up multiple displays. Just righ click on the desktop and select nvidia control panel then select setup multiple displays under the left hand collum under display.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    This could differ depending on operating system and drivers. But for me using windows 7 home premium x64 and drivers 196.21, its located under set up multiple displays. Just righ click on the desktop and select nvidia control panel then select setup multiple displays under the left hand collum under display.
    Thats the problem, I can't find that option on the left.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Fav. Player
    il Capitano

Bahrain

98 Forum Supporter
    Make sure the S-video cable is connected between your computer and TV before you turn on your computer.

On your TV the channel would probably be A/V (or whatever the video input is labeled, such as AV1)

Then do the usual multiple display options.

But the best option is to use VGA. All new LCD tv's have VGA and you won't face any setup issue on any operating system.

Switzerland

BTW, just an FYI, most streams are going to be highly pixelated and distorted on a TV screen that is larger that 24"...Even with some of the cleanest streams, the resolution really suffers as the size increases...I have a 20" widescreen monitor on my PC and only a few streams ever look good enough to be expanded in size

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Make sure the S-video cable is connected between your computer and TV before you turn on your computer.

On your TV the channel would probably be A/V (or whatever the video input is labeled, such as AV1)

Then do the usual multiple display options.

But the best option is to use VGA. All new LCD tv's have VGA and you won't face any setup issue on any operating system.
    Still can't find the option... this is what I see when I try either option...

Its driving me mad trying to get this up and running!
    NON MOLLARE MAI!