Thread: Interesting Statistic For Serie A v Premiership

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Wales

Interesting Statistic For Serie A v Premiership

Interesting statistics from this month's Calcio Italia magazine...

Over the past three seasons the goal averages of the top European leagues have worked out...

Spain 2.69 per game
    Germany 2.66 per game
    Italy 2.57 per game
    England 2.52 per game

Quite interesting given that the number of people who run Italian football down as defensive 0-0 stuff and put it out that the Premiership is the most exciting goal-ridden thing around. I would always have imagined Spain to be at the top, am a little surprised that Germany is strong on the goals front but I have always said that whilst the "top four" in England may currently be stronger than the "top four" in Italy, the whole of Serie A is more exciting than the Premiership. I have also researched this topic and found its a recurrent theme throughout the years.
    NON MOLLARE MAI!

Questa una Zona Anti-Gobbizzata!

Fav. Player
    Adriano, Recoba

I would have actually thought Germany topped this list, they score so many goals each game i can't believe they're not at the top.
    GRANDE INTER, Amore Mio!

Dear Santa, the past year, you took my favorite singer, Michael Jackson and my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze.
    I want you to know for the next year, that Milan is my favorite oldie, and Juventus is my favorite bitch.

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    We had spoken about this last year as well. Italy has been having more goals than England in the entire season consistently.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Kuwait

most games in EPL are extremely boring 2 goal max games, unless a top 6 team is playing a bottom 6 team, and even then it's 1-0 half the time

Fav. Player
    Zanetti!

Ireland

Interesting stats indeed.

However the Premier League has a higher percentage of International players, players that play for their respective national teams. I don't remember the figures exactly, seen it on Sky Sports News a while back, can't seem find it anywhere on the web.

42% or 43% of Premier League players are current Internationals, I think for the Serie A it was 36%. Can't remember Germany's but it was less than Italy's. La Liga was only 22-23%.

So the more international players in the league the less goals it seems, an inverse relationship.

Greece

10 years of FIF
    jamsieboy, I think that's just a coincidence

The EPL has the less goals scored, and this includes a season with scores like 9-0 or something like that!!! Fackers...all they do is hype hype hype for their crap

Fav. Player
    Zanetti!

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Yuko View Post
    jamsieboy, I think that's just a coincidence

The EPL has the less goals scored, and this includes a season with scores like 9-0 or something like that!!! Fackers...all they do is hype hype hype for their crap
    It probably is just a coincidence, but nonetheless it must be considered as a factor why it has less goals.