Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Reviews: Atalanta - Inter

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Match Reviews: Atalanta - Inter

Well we can put them all here

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Yeah, but did anyone write one this time?
    Juventus: 29 Scudetti

Inter: 13 Scudetti

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Handoyo will write one as far as I know but since he is only seeing the game delayed it will be later than usual.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

can;t wait for anyone to write report, man..
    especially on the game which I cant see live..
    -----------------------

Fav. Player
    Dejan Stankovic

For those with fast internet and who wanna see Inter game or wanna buiild a library , I am downloading Inter Atalanta to watch later: http://football.hn.org:6969/

Take good care all,
    FORZA INTER

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Before writing the report on the match itself, I would like to start by discussing the starting line-up that Mancini chose for the match. In case you have not known who are the XI and unsure who is playing where, this is what we used:
    Code:
              Adriano   Vieri

Emre  Stankovic  Cambiasso  Van Der Meyde

Favalli  Materazzi  Burdisso  Cordoba

Toldo
    The biggest surprise of the night came from the right hand side of defence when Javier Zanetti was left on the bench for the first time in years. Vieri captained the side last night, partnering Adriano. It seems that Mancini is just too stubborn to accept the fact that the partnership has shown very little promise from the first 2 (3 including this one) games.

The first half was a sloppy ones by both teams as neither struggle to breach the defence. However, we had the privelege of watching the extra-terrestial Adriano proving once again that he wasn't human by hitting the post from 35 metres in his attempt to caught Taibi off his line. Believe me, it is definitely not an exagerration if someone said that Adriano can score from anywhere.

Our defence improved slightly for this match. Although there are still signs of nervousness when defending crosses, Budan's goal came from a rare blunder by Burdisso (hopefully) and a lucky one when Pazzini's shot from the outside of the box rebounded back to him. Cordoba in particular was having a terrific night on the right. Other than his mistake, Burdisso also proved to be a solid defender who can play either as a stopper or sweeper. I feel that he can be a key player to our defence because of his versatility.

Cambiasso and Stankovic didn't do well last night. The 2 of them failed to dominate the game, producing a lot of missed passes and failing to create any chance for the forwards. Emre on the left received a lot of balls and while he didn't do anything spectacular, he played the ball to the middle a lot and most of them were accurate. Van Der Meyde was invisible except for 10 minutes of VDMadness (55th until 65th) when he made an assist and a good cross which Favalli should have scored. I am pleased by the progress he is making.

In attack, Adriano did not do much in the first half just like anyone else, apart from the audacious chip that almost gave us the lead. But as the game near it's end, he became more and more dangerous. It is worrying though that it the over-reliance towards Adriano seems to grow in this game. Vieri oh Vieri! For me, he is undoubtedly the worst player in the match. The saying used to be "Everything Vieri touches turns to gold" now it seems that "Everything Vieri touches turns to crap", honestly. Mancini just need to accept the cold hard fact, just like most of us did, that Vieri is a mere shadow of his old self and shouldn't be used as a key player anymore.

I have to comment though that Mancini was brave when inserting Recoba for Cambiasso in this game. In the past, it would hardly happened under Cuper or Zac. I am also pleased that Martins entered before the 70th minute. As mentioned above, I feel that Mancini should start considering Vieri as a starter due to the fact that he is off-form and since Mancini is building a site for the future, Vieri's age is against him.

Perhaps this game highlight the importance of Veron who is able to spread the play to the rest of his team-mates. Stankovic was unable to do that and certainly not Cambiasso. The team last night arguably performed the worst among all the 3 Serie A matches that I have watched this season. However, this game had a result-over-performance written all over it and hence, I was quite pleased with the result. The game also highlighted that Inter is definitely not for the faint-hearted ecspecially in the last 10 minutes when it was a truly roller-coaster ride. I am pleased with the progress that this team is making. We just have to watch the defence and Adriano's fitness. In the weekend, we will face arguably the toughest challange thus far, Parma. Let's see how Inter cope against them!

Forza Inter!

Handyo

Good report!

I would like to question that Parma is the toughest challenge so far! Basel and Werder Bremen are definately better than Parma who lost key players such as Adriano, and Ferrari lately... IMHO

Palermo were also very strong. I doubt Parma is stronger... Plus their morale is low after a bad start to the season for them.

Good to hear that Cordoba had a good game. Do you know if Ze Maria had an injury?? :confused2: Deki needs rest!

Also nice to see Burdisso having a good debut despite that fatal mistake which was probably forced by nervousity. :hopefull:

Besides the goal did Recoba do well? And Toldo and Martins?

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

great report, Han..

thanx a lot..
    -----------------------

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Great report Han.
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Dejan Stankovic

Finally I managed to download and watch the whole game Ėits okay even with Chinese commentary-.

My remarks,

1- One of the main points which many donít mention cause we right in the heat of the minute is that Inter ball possession has never been better since ages under Cuper and Zac, which can be translated in less time for the other team to build their attack moves and less pressure on our defense, Mancio did great in this department. Stats shows:
    Atalanta 20:23 Ball possession INTER 32:38

2-Burdissoís mistake and couple of wrong passes is due that its his first debut and wanna show the best but always u do mistakes cause when he was in action he did very well but when he was not under pressure I am sure the thoughts in his mind affected his passes, in general he looks promising and solid, kinda still used on South American challenges which usually wont get the referee involvement but this is Serie A,

3- Cordoba didnít fit exactly in his position as RB, but still same solid,

4- Favali performance gives Pasquale no hope in getting on the pitch., still the second goal showed that harmony in the defense is missing as Burdisso and Favali did the same thing and no one covered for the other. but in general he was good.

5- We have world class defenders but they still donít play in harmony with each other. And defense is our main and only serious issue.

6- Combiasso didnít convince me in attack, Emre doesnít have the experience and vision of Veron but he is for sure a hard worker.

7- Recoba is great but sometimes u donít know if he in on the pitch or outside.

8- Martins still not in top form, or maybe still feeling awkward with the new play system.

9- Vieri is working really hard and he shows that he understands that he needs to perform to keep Manciniís faith in him and to control his career and not let his career controls him, but this guy needs desperately his first goal.

10- VDM is in top form and its clear that he has great rapport with Mancini but this guy needs to give more attention defensively cause we were exposed couple of times from that wing.

11- Deki is great but this guy needs to play little bit forward and not backward cause that where he gives his best, and for sure with VDM any defense would think twice before sending more players to cover Adriano or Vieri.

12- Adriano, no words to describe this phenomenon, I read yesterday a report saying its really amazing to see someone with his built still has such technical abilities, Atalanta defense were so scared they will be another victim Ėthey were anyway-, whenever this guy tries to take the position to shoot 3-4 players on him, never seen such fear from a striker before, I think we can use that greatly to free Deki or VDM on target. One negative things, that sometimes Adriano feels the need to go back too much to prepare attacks or he went couple of times to the left and crosses but comíon man u r our main striker.

13- For sure we missed Veron lethal touches even we missed him in defense Ėamazing thing to miss Veron in defense-, Davids didnít play much to write about him but the way he ran into the pitch its good he didnít tackle any Atalanta players immediately cause they would be in real trouble with this guy passion for result.

Those were maybe the main points to share on the game. Cant wait to watch Inter Vs. Parma

Forza Inter, I love the way we play by the way, I hate to watch a game where my team touches the ball less than the other team. So frustrating.

Mancini u r doing great, and we all should understand itís a project and not one year thing, this Inter can do a lot and projects cant bring results in over night even with Mancini we are seeing results instantly and the reason cause Veron understands Mancini so much and he has the character to dictate games when he is on the pitch, enough for today

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    INTER_FAN, can you help me how to download the game (inter-atalanta). Link plzz....
    And plzz do help me with torrent, if it is needed. thanks

plzz mail me : pravesh33@hotmail.com

Good analysis of the players, INTER_FAN.

Unfortunately I canīt see the match from your link... Nothing happens... Maybe you can help?

My email address: nerazzurro6@yahoo.dk

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by INTER_FAN
    For those with fast internet and who wanna see Inter game or wanna buiild a library , I am downloading Inter Atalanta to watch later: http://football.hn.org:6969/
    Thanks for the link.

Prav, Gis, you need Bit Torrent to download it first. Read more from here.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia piý grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Oh shit... That happened to me too...

Thx anyway, Tommi.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Not many people would think that Week 3 of a countries football championship would be decisive in who wins that seasons league.However that was exactly the situation that many Inter fans thought of on the 22nd of SEPTEMBER!Inter had shown great glimpses of play at the Bentegodi against Chievo (2-2) and at home against Palermo (1-1) but the main link missing was…….the final product! They were playing away from home at the Nerazzurri’s Atleti d’Italia stadium in Bergamo.

ATALANTA vs INTER

Line ups:

ATALANTA –

Taibi
    Gonnella
    Albertini (c)
    Bellini
    Marcolini
    Pia
    Budan
    Rivalta
    Montolivo
    Mingazzini
    Natali
    -----
    Substitutes:
    Calderoni (g)
    Bernardini
    Gautieri
    Zenoni
    Lazzari
    Sala
    Pazzini

INTER -

Toldo
    Cordoba
    Burdisso
    Emre
    Van Der Meyde
    Adriano
    Favalli
    Cambiasso
    Materazzi
    Stankovic
    Vieri(c)
    -----
    Fontana(g)
    J.Zanetti
    Davids
    Cruz
    Ze Maria
    Recoba
    Martins

TEAM NEWS:

Atalanta – New signing Albertini captain,and young starlet Pazzini starts on the bench.

Inter – Several changes for Inter, Ze Maria, Pasquale, Veron and Cruz either didn’t start or weren’t called up.In for them came Burdisso, Favalli, Emre and Vieri. Cordoba went to the right(making his 200th Inter game) while Materazzi and Serie A debutante Burdisso partnered eachother.Vieri became captain in the absence of Javier Zanetti.

The match:

The game started off at a high pace the ball was been kicked around all over the place!After just 3 minutes man of the moment striker Adriano for Inter hit a splendid shot from around 30 yards, he had Atalanta ‘keeper Massimo Taibi well and truly beaten but unfortunately it hit the bar.They Dynamite wanted to explode!Francesco Toldo had to make a two handed save from Croatian striker Igor Budan.

In the first 10 minutes of play there were more chances for Budan(A), Albertini(A) and Adriano!This was a milestone game for Ivan Ramiro Cordoba as it was his 200th appearance for Inter.He was eager to do his best despite being played out of position and after around 10 minutes he made a decent block from opposition marksman Inacio Pia, this was followed by a quick break away from the away team. Turkish delight Emre and Brazilian bomber Adriano both linked up well but in the end all that they got was a throw in.

It was the 22 year old striker again who nearly set up a goal , he ran past helpless defender Gonnella and then sent a cross into the middle of the box.However there was nobody from Inter to put the ball in the back of the net.Just before the 20 minute mark Christian Vieri decided he would help abit,he and Adriano played a nice 1-2 but the Captains shot was too weak and it was easily picked up my the Atalanta goalkeeper. The next couple of minutes was truly chaotic with chance left right and centre.On 23 minutes Atalanta gained 2 corners in succession – after the second one, Inter advanced and Emre had a shot that went just wide.Back at the other end Atalanta had another attack which our minister of defence cleared up well.He passed the ball out wide to debutante Nicolas Burdisso, he then passed the ball back to Toldone.However he hit the ball too weakly and Igor Budan was ready to pounce.That he did as he rounded Francesco Toldo and opened the scoring.1-0 to Atalanta.

This goal was against the run of play and Inter were rightly incensed, the match got quicker and Emre had to go off the field for some minutes after he got hit by an opposition players elbow where it hurts most.Ouch!With ten minutes to go Inter won a corner which Stankovic took, Vieri hit a header but it was hit away from the Atalanta defence.Moments afterwards Nicolas Burdisso was put to the test again however this time he blocked Budans shot with precision.For the 1st half the final two minutes of extra time was dull.

Half time.

21:37(CET).The 2nd half began with no changes for either side.And much similar to in the first half there were chances for either side.Inter had gained a free kick in an advantageous position however Dejan ‘The Dragon’ Stankovic could only hit the ball into the Atalanta wall.After that, the home team had some decent build up work witch resulted in an Igor Budan glancing header being labeled offside.In the minutes after the break,more chances fell to Pia(A) and Adriano.This while Rivalta also if Atalanta picked up a yellow card for a foul on Dejan Stankovic.

After 54 minutes of the game gone.The tide started to turn.Andy Van Der Meyde received the ball,ran down the wing,gave a pinpoint cross to Dejan Stankovics head.And a brilliant headed goal for the Serbian international.His 7th since joining Inter.Van Der Meyde was on fire now!Just minutes after on the left wing he ran past opponent Bellini – got to the byline and dragged the ball back to Giuseppe Favalli.Unfortunately Giuseppe isn’t the greatest finisher who missed the ball.Afterwards on 15 minutes Christian Vieri finished one of his worst ever games for Inter after being taken off for Obafemi Martins.He had half an hour to make an impact on the game.

Some more pressure was being given by Atalanta around the 20 minute mark with the Nerazzurri having a free kick from a good position blocked.This was followed by young striker Pazzini and Guatieri replacing the poor Pia and the goalscoring Budan.Demetrio Albertini was getting his name counted and he he got Andy Van Der Meyde a yellow card for a foul on him.Now came some Inter play Emre hits a curving free kick which eventually leads to a corner which also comes to nothing.After 31 minutes the match was yet to explode and so Roberto Mancini bought on Alvaro ‘’Chino’’ Recoba on for midfielder Esteban Cambiasso.It was a sight to behold seeing Recoba-Adriano-Martins upfront and it was bound to bring some goals.

And goals that came!Just four minutes after he came on from the substitutes bench Alvaro Recoba scored a peach of a goal.Emre passed the ball to the Uruguayan, he turned Albertini and he sent a stunner of a left foot shot passed Massimo Taibi’s hands and into the back of the net!After 37 minutes both teams made substitutes, for Atalanta Mingazzini was replaced by Lazzari and Edgar Davids came on for impressive countryman Andy Van Der Meyde.But there were still more goals to come.Once again it was a substitute but this time it was for Atalanta.Young starlet Pazzini hit a low shot past Francesco Toldo.Five minutes to go and it was looking like this game wouldn’t get a winnr.

Step up Adriano.In the 2nd half he had been rather quiet but he’s always there lurking about.He got the ball on the right wing,ran diagonally,past the awed Natali and gave a blast of a boot with his left foot.He hit it hard and although with better concentration Taibi could have saved the shot,he is known for fumbles and he let Inter take the lead.There were 4 minutes of nervous extra time where Atalanta had several chances but Paparesta finally blew his whistle and all Inter fans around the world could be heard shouting and screaming at Inter’s character and of course – Inter’s nerve-racking way!

So Inter finally got there first 3 points of the season on board and can now look to future wins,here is the current table:

Club P Pts
    Juventus 3 9
    Lazio 3 7
    Messina 3 7
    Cagliari 3 6
    Udinese 3 5
    Lecce 3 5
    Inter 3 5
    Chievo 3 5
    Reggina 3 5
    Palermo 3 5
    Milan 3 4
    Roma 3 4
    Fiorentina 3 4
    Bologna 3 3
    Siena 3 3
    Livorno 3 1
    Atalanta 3 1
    Parma 3 1
    Sampdoria 3 0
    Brescia 3 0

Here now is how the players did:

Toldo:He was slightly let down by his defence and despite he wasn’t on his grande form he still made some decent saves. 6/10

Cordoba:Played out of position,CafeCordoba could not be his best out of position.Still he made some good blocks and did adequately. 6,5/10

Burdisso:He made his Serie A debut and despite that fatal error he gave his guts to the team and kept his head up after the error. 6/10

Emre:A lot was expected from him but he was quite quiet – yet effective.He set up one of the goals(Recoba’s one) and he didn’t make any vital errors. 7/10

Van Der Meyde:3 matches in a row, 3 impressive matches in a row.He has shown good form,skill and dribbling and set up another goal. 7,5/10

Adriano:Not his best match,but great players can score out of nothing which of course happened to Adriano.A great goal too. 8/10

Favalli:He showed more security than Pasquale last Saturday and despite not running up and down the wing he played well. 6,5/10

Cambiasso:Making his full Serie A debut,Esteban Cambiasso played a decent match filling Verons shoes.Not great but still effective,he showed security. 7/10

Materazzi:Still with his Luca Toni battle scars Marco Materazzi was the leader in central defence and played a good and intelligent game. 7/10

Stankovic:Another game,another goal.He is in the form of his life and nobody wants him to let it go!A great header led to his goal and he was very good. 8/10

Vieri:I feel sorry for the man.He does put in the effort but he just can’t find the net.A serious doubt for Sunday. 4,5/10

Substitutes:

Martins:
    Decent,after all he only had 30 minutes.The goals will come. 6/10

Recoba:A great goal,once again giving Mancini selection problems,hopefully more success will come. 7,5/10

Davids:No rating possible.

Our next adventure is back at home against a surprisingly poor – yet still dangerous Parma side. FORZA INTER!!!

How was that? 2

Fabio
    Last edited by Fabio; 12 Apr 07 at 00:58.
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Great report Fabio.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Quote Originally Posted by BDragon2k2
    Great report Fabio.
    Thank you!

Fabio 2
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Fabio: The blue is very hard to read against a blue back ground use another colour please.
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Dejan Stankovic

Sorry guys, I donít know why I just put the link without more explanation:

I found this site very interesting, you can download the latest games and there is big chance u may manage to see all Inter games, and its up to u if u wanna see it after u know already the result by coming here and check the forum or you wait like one day till u download it and watch it .

1- You need Torrent client, the one I am using and doing well with me is Bit Tornado, u can get it from: http://bittornado.com/download.html
    2- Install the client. If u have a firewall you need to open TCP ports 6881-6999, no worries its safe.
    3- Go to this site: http://football.hn.org:6969/
    4- I suggest u register
    5- U see the word torrent to the right of the game u wanna download; right click and save target as and save that torrent file (very small size file) to ur hard disk, then go to where u saved it and double click on it, the client will start working and ask u where u wanna save the files,
    6- Keep the torrent working for sometime even after the download is done so u share with others, u can still watch the game even if others are downloading from you, you can see a ratio on the client (what u give/what u get), keep it green so we keep watching INTER all the season.

If anyone needs any further help, write me rainbow1973@hotmail.com at INTER we are one familyso donít be shy,

Best regards,
    Ray

Jimmy
    Mine has been downloading for more than an hour now and itīs on 13%